Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finished Castlass, I'll be uploading it soon. It isn't perfect because I had to scratch most of both sides, but I think it still looks good.

@X&Z: I hope they turn out great. You must have a very good idea of Gallade anatomy form doing all these Gallade fusions.
Yes, it's okay to give the thread a break from Gigas. We have Palkigigas, Dialgigas, Arcegigas, Darkigigas, Deoxigas, and probably a few more already, so that's enough epicness already.

@1337: I'm hoping that I can sprite Galllade blindfolded by the end of this project. :) Just a quick note, also. Before I do Cacturne and Champ, I'm going to do Scizor, since I had forgotten that my brother had requested it before I got to your post. Sorry about that.

Since I finally figured out how to direct link sprites from DA, so I will make this post my sprite collection post.
I've decided these will be in chronological order in which I made them.

You can use these sprites as you wish, but you must give me credit!
Deoxigas is the exception here, as you must obtain my permission to use it.

Hey guys. I'm not really much of a spriter anymore, but I figured I would show off some of my work. I really only ever did re-colors with a couple awkward revamps, trainer edits and fusions thrown in.

We didn't have DP when this was made!

Anyways, my real specialty was recolors, basically the easiest thing a spriter can do. Either way, here are some of my recent (meaning made summer of last year) works.

The recolors are very nice. I especially like Rampardos. It's essentially colored G/S/C.

Cresselia was great too. The colors make it look like that could be a male version of Cresselia.

@ungulateman: I could try, but usually smaller sprite + bigger sprite doesn't turn out too well.

It took me a while to figure out why that doesnt look like a sprite, Use the color palette from the official sprite, not the artwork. And your scizor has no pupils. Don't forget to fill in the details that got lost in the resizing process after you've finished tracing everything.

The best pictures to use for sprite pixel overs are pictures that are as close to square as possible, meaning they have equal-ish height and width, since you have to fit into a square border. This can often be fixed with a small amount of line-shortening and/or scratching.

So I just got back from watching the Hurt Locker (it was good) and I'm tired as hell.

So I'll upload a fusion I got from the sprite generator and then maybe I'll start on Heatran/Regigigas (Heatgigas).

Snalie is done! Inside out was needed to make it look smooth.
It looks pretty good if I do say myself.

EDIT: Heatgigas was a complete failure. I'm moving on to other things.

Hello, everyone. I haven't posted any new scratches for awhile, so I suppose I'll present a minor update in the form of...

Wechant (and its shiny coloration), the weed merchant fakemon. Wechant happens to be my favorite fakemon (it collects and holds dropped items in its leaves to sell to trainers; how cool is that?) and I decided that it was time to update its design and make a new sprite for it in D/P style. I kept it 64x64 so I can insert it into advance generation ROMs if I want to. Enjoy!

Hey guys. I'm not really much of a spriter anymore, but I figured I would show off some of my work. I really only ever did re-colors with a couple awkward revamps, trainer edits and fusions thrown in.

We didn't have DP when this was made!

Anyways, my real specialty was recolors, basically the easiest thing a spriter can do. Either way, here are some of my recent (meaning made summer of last year) works.

As for that trainer, Is that Janine(the fuchsia gym leader in GSC?)

@Headpunch: Looks great as usual, man. I wish I could come up with another decent-looking fakemon, for crying out loud...

Just telling everyone that I'm back from a con where me and my brother played a bunch of odd games while promoting Monsterpocalypse. I'm going to be turning in soon, but I am back to spriting now.

'Night.

Headpunch, Wechant looks very shady. Just right for a merchant.

And god, today was boring -____- There were no posts in the sprite thread and not much else went on.

Requests, anybody? Nothing too hard please~

I was wondering if someone could make a trainer/redraw of Breloom?

I was thinking the sprite could be in a fignting stance like Hitmonchan.

Thanks!

giratina-rhydon
I'm going to leave that to X&Z (or whoever wants to do it) because legendary pokemon are a pain in the ***

I was wondering if someone could make a trainer/redraw of Breloom?

I was thinking the sprite could be in a fignting stance like Hitmonchan.

Thanks!
If you want a good scratch, you're going to have to wait for X&Z or Fuzz.

Speaking of Breloom, I'd like a Seadra / Breloom for use as an avatar. Seadra base if possible. Thanks if you bother!
After a quick look at the sprites, that sounds like a hard fusion, especially with Seadra as a base. I could take a shot at it, but I might not finish it (Even if I do, the result won't be pretty).

Quilava + umbreon.
My 2 favorite pokemon together as one! How did I not think of that?
Now this one I could try, the sprites looks very compatible.
The only bad thing about the Typhlosion family is that all of them really only have 1 fusable part: The flames.
So I'm just going to try with both bases and see what turns out better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)