Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a full scratch. The only thing from other sprites that are in there are the colors.

If you don't believe me, here's the outline before I started coloring it. It's not my fault Twash gave me a picture of a Groudon/Snorlax fusion.

And for the record, none of the sprites I showcase here on Smogon or DeviantArt use parts from other sprites. Ever. I don't do fusions, and I don't do recolors. I scratch. When I borrow a pose, I scratch it out, and when I do a revamp, I scratch it out. Every sprite I make starts on a blank, white background, without ever touching Ctrl+V.

I designed my sprite's head based on the picture that Twash gave me, so I'm more concerned with whether the sprite's head looks like the picture's head, and less about how much it looks like Groudon's head.

I'd also like to give a big thank you to XandZero2 for the constructive criticism. That was the best critique I've gotten on a sprite since I asked Cartoons! to critique my early scratches. Here's the fixed sprite.

I'd also like to give a big thank you to XandZero2 for the constructive criticism. That was the best critique I've gotten on a sprite since I asked Cartoons! to critique my early scratches. Here's the fixed sprite.
You're welcome. Now, if only I could give my brother's writing that kind of criticism...

Anyway, I haven't been idle for the past day. I finally finished the last of my Legendary fusions for a while. So, here's Unodostres. (Gotta love their names.)

CrazyMonkeyz - Try Gliscor and Blissey...Blisscor :P.

Anyone mind giving me feedback on my Kangaskhan/Pinsir fusion I posted earlier?

Wow that actually looks very cool, well done! The only part I don't like is that annoying black background ('tis why I save/open all my sprites rather than making copypasta).

well if oyu want me to be honest, the outline is frankly terrible. I suggest going here: http://www.dragonflycave.com/recoloring.aspx so that oyu can learn how to outline better. From the looks of it, its just sized down and not a sprite at all. Also, the sword is really blurry which it shouldnt be. And it also has too many colours, but that goes back to the whole Blurry thing. The shading is good though. Keep at it.

It's not sized down, it's a pixeled over sprite that WAS sized down from a sketch. (and I was kind of looking at that as I made it...)

EDIT: Is it just the sword that's messy? (yeah... I think I did actually forget to outline it lol, my bad.) I think I might just redo the bamboo sword... Is the outline usually just one pixel? (That's what I did.)

yeah the outline on yous is definitely not one pixel. If you used the curve tool, remember to put anti aliasing off

How I did the outline was in photoshop elements with the brush tool on my tablet. I zoomed in like four times and painted it in one pixel thicknes. :/ I don't really know what it came out that thick. I don't use a curve tool.

using tablets is bad for spriting, as far as i know. When using tablets, usually the program will make it so that its like your actually drawing. You should be using paint.net, or photoshop with anti aliasing off. Those are the two best programs for spriting.

Yeah, funnily enough, I liked the base idea for my own request, so I did a fire starter fusion. As previously stated, anyone can also do this. The more the merrier, after all.

Ahahaha look what I found:

I made this when I was ten. Oh the memories! Also, requesting SUNKERN + DARKRAI. Challenge, anyone?

How I did the outline was in photoshop elements with the brush tool on my tablet. I zoomed in like four times and painted it in one pixel thicknes. :/ I don't really know what it came out that thick. I don't use a curve tool.
NO no, it's not that using a tablet is bad, it's that using the brush tool it bad. It's called the pencil tool, use it wisely (and turn off shape dynamics)

Ahahaha look what I found:

I made this when I was ten. Oh the memories! Also, requesting SUNKERN + DARKRAI. Challenge, anyone?
Like Chaos, I'm going somewhere today, So if I did the challenge, I would have to start spriting tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and just so no-one's wondering what I'm doing right now, I'm fusing Victreebel and Arcanine. lol

EDIT: Done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)