Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, while I work on Twash's Snordon and the Lugia revamp, I've got a request for any spriters who think they're up to it.

Give my mewtwo some cool armor.
I'm suprised no one else did this. Anyway this is what I came up with:

Yes the feet are horrible, I just couldn't make them look good :/

Like Chaos, I'm going somewhere today, So if I did the challenge, I would have to start spriting tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and just so no-one's wondering what I'm doing right now, I'm fusing Victreebel and Arcanine. lol

EDIT: Done.
It looks awesome, and I acknowledge it's am extremely difficult fusion, but the head is just too oddly placed, and the bottom fluff thingy is bent like it's standing on it. Still, awesome.

It looks awesome, and I acknowledge it's am extremely difficult fusion, but the head is just too oddly placed, and the bottom fluff thingy is bent like it's standing on it. Still, awesome.
Well i thought that it was supposed to stand on it and just hop around on one foot, leg, hand, arm, vine, fluff, whatever.

This is my first sprite request ever, but may I please have a Suicune re-colored with Darkrai colors? either that, or a Staryu re-colored with Aggron colors? That is, if the colors of each are compatible.

This is my first sprite request ever, but may I please have a Suicune re-colored with Darkrai colors? either that, or a Staryu re-colored with Aggron colors? That is, if the colors of each are compatible.
How about both? I can do that, check back for sprites, it'll be here in a couple hours maximum.(homework)

EDIT: DONE

In case you're wondering, the blue is from Darkrai's eyes. And Suicune is a tough sprite to shade appropiately.

The sprite already looks all croppy, but it came out alright.

Request from another place on the interwebz.

They're awesome, dude! Thanks a lot, NikLink. How would the crest look in white like darkrai's uh... hair? (for lack of a better term)

They're awesome, dude! Thanks a lot, NikLink. How would the crest look in white like darkrai's uh... hair? (for lack of a better term)
It would look white. Maybe a tad on the grey side. Kinda boring, IMO.

Putting sprites here due to bottom of page syndrome. Rate, please.

In case you're wondering, the blue is from Darkrai's eyes. And Suicune is a tough sprite to shade appropiately.

The sprite already looks all croppy, but it came out alright.

Request from another place on the interwebz.

I tried to fix the outline with the pencil tool.

Is that better? I'm a little worried about the ear's outline, but other than that is it decent for my first sprite? :naughty: (obviously it's an entire scratch... )

I'm suprised no one else did this. Anyway this is what I came up with:

Yes the feet are horrible, I just couldn't make them look good :/
Oh, blah. You beat me. It looks like, ten times better than anything I coulda done. Holy badass Mewtwo.

...ah, well, mine was coming along painfully slowly anyway. I need to get better at scratches. I'm to do some recolors and fusions off the top of my head, then. I'll post them when I'm done.

EDIT:

Okay, NikLink, I am super sorry that I jacked your request. But I totally fell in love with the idea of a Suicune in Darkrai colors. I had to do one of my own. V.V If you want me to take it down, I will. But...It prompted my own series of recolors.

I recolored the GSC beasts with the color schemes of some fourth-generation legends.

Alas, the beasts didn't take it too well...

Raikou decided to embrace his inner Shaymin and became a tree-hugger. Raihippie now owns a health food/marajuana store located somewhere in Johto.

Suicune went emo once he met Darkrai. Nobody has seen Emocune in days. We kind of don't want to look.

Lastly, due to the consistent denial of Flare Blitz, Entei spoke with Cresselia and went gay. Flareon would have taken the same path, but he commited suicide first, being the unwanted Eeveelution. Entgay is proud of himself. =) Good for him.

Okay, NikLink, I am super sorry that I jacked your request. But I totally fell in love with the idea of a Suicune in Darkrai colors. I had to do one of my own. V.V If you want me to take it down, I will. But...It prompted my own series of recolors.
Okay, even though I think my recolor was better (harrumph), that was... incredibly creative! I don't really mind, and it made me laugh.

Also, making my first ever splice/fusion/whatever soon.

Okay, even though I think my recolor was better (harrumph), that was... incredibly creative! I don't really mind, and it made me laugh.

Also, making my first ever splice/fusion/whatever soon.
Everyone is entitled to their ego. XD Fair enough.

Thanks for the compliments, both of you. ^_^ It's late, I'm bored, so I decided to destroy the beasts' lives.

Good luck on your first fusion, NikLink.

Yay. I'm back. Thought I would make up a sprite to make up for being out of commision for a day. Oh, and this did come out of the SG.

As my location bar states, comments and criticisms are welcome.

tennisisawesome said:
I tried to fix the outline with the pencil tool.

Is that better? I'm a little worried about the ear's outline, but other than that is it decent for my first sprite? :naughty: (obviously it's an entire scratch... )
I'm not sure that you understand the concept of scratching. When you scratch, you start on a blank canvas, and not with a resized image. That's the origin of basically everything that is wrong with this sprite.

First off, you have sizing issues. I'm aware that it fits in an 80x80 canvas, but I'm also under the impression that it isn't really supposed to appear larger than all of the other existing Pokémon. Certainly, some of the larger Pokémon must be scaled down in order to fit in an 80x80 canvas, but smaller Pokémon like this rarely, if ever, touch the edges of said canvas.

I would suggest beginning with a blank canvas (MS Paint works quite well, and I prefer it to The GIMP or even Paint.NET) and making the whole sprite by hand, one pixel at a time, using perhaps Ambipom as a reference for size.

Lastly, your coloring needs some work. Never, ever use gradients like you did (I couldn't care less if you didn't intend for it to appear that way; it does). If you like D/P/P coloring, use one base color, one highlight color, one shadow color, and one outline color for main body colors; for body colors that are less prominent, you can use one highlight color, one shadow color, and one outline color. Remember to put the outline colors on parts of the outline that would be hit directly by the light source. Black can typically go everywhere else.

I hope these pointers can give you (and anyone else who might be interested in scratching) some much needed help so that even if you decide not to redo this scratch, you'll be a few steps ahead of where you were your first try. If you have any questions, PM me.

er headpunch, if you didnt know theres also such a thing as pixel overs which use other ppls work scaled down into 80x80 so it may not always be the size of a notmal sprite.

Zeorr said:
er headpunch, if you didnt know theres also such a thing as pixel overs which use other ppls work scaled down into 80x80 so it may not always be the size of a notmal sprite.
Wow, thank you for clearing that up for me (don't I look dumb); despite the existence of a pixel-over in my own art thread, I doubt I would have known what one was otherwise.

On second thought, perhaps I talked about sizing issues because he advertised it as a scratch sprite, and not a pixel-over (having previously seen the original art in his art thread and being well aware that this was a pixel-over, regardless). His intentions were for it to be the size of in-game Pokémon, by the way (we PM'd each other afterwards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)