Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have Reflect, Calm Mind, Echoed Voice and Shadow Ball moveset, Pixilate & Bold nature on mine.

Question is, should I go for Leftovers or Metronome?

I was thinking of a gimmicky specs sylveon with pixilate and hyperbeam , wich essentially becomes a fairy type hyperbeam. How you like that dragons ?

I've got my Sylveon as a bulky defensive tank (since it's Sp.Def is really high anyways).
At the moment, it looks like this:
Sylveon @ Light Clay (Bold +Def, -Atk)
*Wish
*Reflect
*Light Screen
*Moonblast

I've been liking it's ability to stall some users decently, mainly choiced users that don't hit super effectively. My only problem is that almost anything that isn't a Dragon can set up on this thing with ease. For this reason I am thinking about swapping out Moonblast for Toxic.
I know it'll make me really vulnerable to Taunt but my Sylveon feels like it actually drags my team down by letting a Gyarados set up a DDance or two. At that point the Screens don't really mean anything.
What do you guys think? Either that or I will run Protect for Wish/Protect heal and swap out my screens for Protect and Moonblast (or something else, Heal Bell? idk)
Wow, almost forgot about Baton Pass. Pretty good if it's slower for passing on Wishes ofc.

Last edited:
I don't know. I wouldn't run Reflect/Light Screen + Wish. It's to much to setup. You can try Baton Pass or Protect for Wish.

I would go with Baton Pass. With Sylveon's low speed, it can perform one to make a switch and not have to worry about the Pokemon that's coming in getting hit. If it does get hit, well Wish can heal the damage.

Would calm 252/252 Hp/Def be as viable as bold 252/252 hp/def? calm gives it a nice boost in spD while it retains that nice bulk in defense. in a sense, it kind of feels like a blissey :P

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Would calm 252/252 Hp/Def be as viable as bold 252/252 hp/def? calm gives it a nice boost in spD while it retains that nice bulk in defense. in a sense, it kind of feels like a blissey :P
I don't really understand the point in doing that. Fairy is an overwhelmingly physical type, and Sylveon wants to be able to take things like Close Combat and boosted Earthquakes from Dragons as well as possible. I suppose that investing in Special Defense would help it take neutral special attacks like Hydro Pump, but without weather boosting those types of moves, she should be able to absorb them just fine anyway.

I don't really understand the point in doing that. Fairy is an overwhelmingly physical type, and Sylveon wants to be able to take things like Close Combat and boosted Earthquakes from Dragons as well as possible. I suppose that investing in Special Defense would help it take neutral special attacks like Hydro Pump, but without weather boosting those types of moves, she should be able to absorb them just fine anyway.
ah! i completely forgot it was fairy and that physical move fact for a second >.< stupid me. thanks for reminding me of that.

Yeah, I'd like to know this, too.
For now, cute charm.

Once the bank opens and Hyper Voice Sylveon is legal, then Pixilate will be the superior ability on all builds. Hyper Voice gets boosted to 117 BP (and then gets STAB) and hits around subs. There is no reason to run Moonblast if it has this.

For now, cute charm.

Once the bank opens and Hyper Voice Sylveon is legal, then Pixilate will be the superior ability on all builds. Hyper Voice gets boosted to 117 BP (and then gets STAB) and hits around subs. There is no reason to run Moonblast if it has this.
Yeah, about that.
Where did we find out that Pixilate also boosts the power of the moves it changes?

Right now I'm having a hard time choosing between sets for Sylveon.. I can't decide if I want more of a support/healer set or a special attacker.. Both sets would have Cute Charm as the ability for now.

Set A:
Item: Leftovers; EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Reflect/Protect (undecided on this one)
- Moonblast

Set B:
Item: Leftovers; EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 SpD
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Shadowball/HP Ground (I'm more inclined to go with SB)
- ???

I'm new to competitive battling, so any advice/thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I remember reading that Refrigerate (the ice equivalent of Pixellate) boosts normal moves by 1.3x before STAB. If this is the same case for Pixellate, then Hyper Voice will become the better option!

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Moonblast still has the chance to lower the opponent's Attack stat, which can be better for tanking the primarily physical hits that Sylveon resists.

Last edited:
Yeah, about that.
Where did we find out that Pixilate also boosts the power of the moves it changes?
Someone heard about it from a Japanese site, and then people tested and confirmed it.

Moon last still has the chance to lower the opponent's Attack stat, which can be better for tanking the primarily physical hits that Sylveon resists.
A chance of that really isn't worth always giving up power and the ability to pierce Subs. Especially since we don't even know if it has an activation rate worth mentioning.

Also, from what I could find, it reduces SpA, not Atk.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Also, from what I could find, it reduces SpA, not Atk.
Right, my bad. This could still help Sylveon though seeing it has few Special resists, so reducing their power can improve its tanking / walling potential. Its chance of activation is equal to Scald's burn (granted, the effect isn't permanent), so I wouldn't write it off yet.

Does sylveon learn nature power? Tri-attack becomes 104bp move with a chance to burn/paralyse/freeze. Its an acceptable substitute until hypervoice becomes legal.

Does sylveon learn nature power? Tri-attack becomes 104bp move with a chance to burn/paralyse/freeze. Its an acceptable substitute until hypervoice becomes legal.
Checked on both Evee (from Gen 3 to Gen 6) and Sylveon. No luck here. He can't learn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)