Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
hi everyone! by popular demand (and request from AM), the team building shop is open again! Bluwing, one of b101's newest badged tutors, has been added to our crew to help with the ever-increasing demand for teams. welcome aboard!

also, Amy Sorel, i took your core and had quite a bit of fun w/ it:

mountains (Tyrantrum) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

halcyon (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power

objects (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

starlet (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

new orleans (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

trauma (Garchomp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
protip for anyone wanting to try this team out: play aggressively, and don't be afraid to sack mons if it means something on your team can get a free switch opportunity.

thanks to the multiple weaknesses your key pokemon share, your core works best on hyper offense. as a result, i made a quick hyper offense team to exploit the strength of your rockspam core. first, i made a quick tweak to your core. since tyrantrum and m-diancie already screw flying-types over quite well, i changed magnezone to an air balloon + magnet rise variant so the team has a semi-reliable method of preventing excadrill and rock polish landorus / mega diancie from sweeping the team 6-0. however, this change to the core made the team much more vulnerable to 6-0 sweeps by mons like keldeo and starmie, so i added latios in to give the team some much-needed speed and a check to the aforementioned water-types, as well as the other random fastmons that are present on nearly every team out there. azumarill is the team's main sweeper because of its sheer power and excellent synergy with the rest of the team. another particularly notable attribute about azumarill is its ability to check weakened speed boosting sweepers that latios cannot revenge kill on its own. finally, chomper was added as this team's rocks setter (hey, every team needs a sr setter, amirite?) and primary lead due to its ability to set the pace of the match from the get-go.

for the curious, the nicks come from tracks on hybrid minds's album mountains. i'll update the op with the teams that have been posted here soon.
Hey TNT, thanks for the hard work!
I'm seeing the team a bit Offensive Mega Scizor weak though, he has several chances to set up and after a +2 nothing can take a hit from him.
So I'm considering Fire Blast on Garchomp over Swords Dance, since Mega Diancie and Tyrantrum should be enough to terrorize Mega Sableye stalls.
Rock Polish Landorus-Incarnate is indeed a problem, some might also opt to use Focus Blast on their moveset and still kill magnezone, I was considering giving Choice Band on Azumarill in order to better revenge kill stuff like Landorus and Excadrill, make Garchomp Hasty giving him enough bulk to take a life orb EP/+2 BP while still having the power to ohko Mega Scizor after Stealth Rocks/Rough Skin.
Having done so I would still change Magnezone to a Choice Scarf user, Volt Switch gives Tyrantrum and Mega Diancie easy opportunities, while well, having extra insurances against Mega Scizor.
Though this would give me too many choice users, so I would change Latios to a common Life Orb variant, and anyways, magnezone and azumarill should be enough for revengekilling stuff, after all this is an offensive teams, they aren't as many chances as a stall team in order to set up, the choice problem is also partially solved by Magnezone having Volt Switch and Tyrantrum that most of the time only needs to click head Smash anyways.
Thanks again, when I have some time for playing I'll test it out!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah I don't think we exactly mind making teams that have Pokemon similar to former teams and are asking for something different in terms of archetypes. We'll have different takes on it anyways in terms of building. Also no one wonder why some people think the meta is stale when 14/15 cores so far have been offensive :(

Feraligatr @

Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Dragon Dance
- Aqua Jet

Gothitelle @

Ability: Shadow Tag

EVs: 168 HP / 252 SAtk / 88 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Following on the hype for Gatr HA, here is a very straightforward core that works very similarly to the (in)famous Megagados + Gothitelle. I know that this has been discussed to death on the Feraligatr OU thread, but this core has a very simple concept that always goes like this: By using Gothitelle to worm down key pokémon in Azumarill, Keldeo, Mega Venusaur, Skarmory, Mega Scizor, Ferrothorn and (possibly) Mega Metagross, it's possible to pave the way for Gatr set up and sweep mid to late game.

While Feraligatr set is very standard, I opted to mix a little with Gothitelle EV's to allow her to outspeed Bulky SD Mega Scizor and BD Azumarill before the boost while still holding on things like Specs Keldeo, CB Talonflame and Specially Based Kyurem-B very well. Superpower was chosen over Crunch on Gatr just to don't be too hard checked by Keldeo and Megagados. Anyone who wants to build this team has total freedom to change whatever you want on the sets.

This core has problems with Bulky Water and Psychic types, as well as very fast revenge killers. Both get and Goth cannot hit Celebi or Latios in any way, either because coverage in the former or speed on the ladder... Bisharp could make an interesting partner, but idk. Stallbreaker Talonflame can deal with the Grass issue, as well as keeping MGallade, MLopunny and (M)Scizor at check, but then a Spinner in the former of Starmie or Excadrill would be obligatory. At last, a Special Stallbreaker (or a very strong Special Sweeper for that matter) in the former of Mega Gardevoir or Mega Altaria could clean up whatever bullshit team with Amoonguss, Mega Sableye and so on.

Last edited:

I got a pretty nice core ive been trying to work with lately. Was wondering if one of you guys could make it into a awesome balance team. The idea of the core is simple tyrantrum helps break stall for mega lop while lop helps take care of balence. Jirachi sets up hazards while also providing t-wave support for tyrantrum. A Ground immunity as well as a hazard remover would be nice for the team as well as some special attackers. Anyways the reason this core is so effective is due to how tyrantrum loves being paired with fighting types and struggles to take on faster mons which mega lop happily takes care of. Also nicknames were added cause... wynut?

FUK RECOIL!!!!! (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Fire Fang

I <3 Balence (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Frustration

AM (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- U-turn

Hello everybody! I'm quite new to competitive battling, so I would like to request a team which could help me throw myself into the fray. I have already created a team by myself which had a discrete success, but I think I could learn more about the OU metagame by using a team created by a more expert member, so that I can understand the best ways of teambuilding and improve my skills.

Anyway, I would like something centered on this core, which has proved to be quite effective so far:

Alucard (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Poltergeist (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Side Thorn (Ferrothorn) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

The premise of this core is quite simple: tanking hits from both sides of the spectrum while crippling the opponent's team with Knock Off, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave and Stealth Rock. From what I've gathered, Charizard X could be a huge threat to the whole core, so I think a Charizard X's check is pretty much mandatory. Feel free to change the movesets and spreads, if necessary.

I would like the team to be a balanced one, but I'm open to other playstyles.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think we exactly mind making teams that have Pokemon similar to former teams and are asking for something different in terms of archetypes. We'll have different takes on it anyways in terms of building. Also no one wonder why some people think the meta is stale when 14/15 cores so far have been offensive :(
Ive asked for a balance team. Hahaha. :p. I guess thats a fair call on the meta but There's a reason why people prefer offense and balance. Nobody wants an overly long game and people naturally find fast paced destruction fun. If you want more unique archtypes like trickroom stall or just defensive cores in general people need to be convinced there fun and not annoying. Sorry about the irrelevant post. I just fugured I would I would add 2 cents.

I know that AM already posted this core in the good cores thread, but I have had some trouble and would like some help building around it
+
+

Altaria (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Reuniclus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Toxicroak (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance

I already built a team around these 3, but had some trouble finding the right team members. Even though it is recommended, I didn't like sand offense around this core.

I'd like to request one around

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Iron Head
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power

Slowbro (M) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense
- Scald
- Slack Off

Magnezone takes Steels, Kyurem-B can take Electrics, and Slowbro sets up. AV Kyurem-B can also, in a pinch, take Mega Diancie's Moonblast etc, but feel free to change the sets.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Today is the birthday of Exeggutor everyone go tell her happy birthday.

astroboy

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Diggersby @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog

Raikou @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
Team was pretty Ferro weak so HP Fire M-Diancie was kind of important for that after some test runs. Build is pretty basic honestly with Keldeo as the revenge killer for grounds that annoy M-Diancie + Diggersby. Latias is just Healing Wish support a little bit more bulky so you don't get floored by absurdity like Mega Lopunny and Torn-T right off the bat. Helps a bit with pressuring stuff like M-Venusaur and clearing general hazards as well. I had AV Raikou originally until I realized looking at the team you were 6-0'd by any Double Dance M-Slowbro so that's why Choice Specs is there now. Ferrothorn provides Stealth Rocks, Rocky Helmet to wear down contact attackers like Azumarill and U-Turn Lando-T with STAB to help with both forms of Gyarados and a couple of offensive Fairies like DDance M-Altaria and M-Gard. Team is sort of weak to M-Altaria and Rotom-W so it's important you apply pressure on bad match-ups. I think if you can take advantage of it a Rock Polish Diancie set would be better for the team than just Protect / 3 attacks. Moonblast, Diamond Storm, HP Fire / Earth Power / HP Ice, Rock Polish was what I was thinking with HP Ice helping you not get floored by healthy Landos and Gliscors.

benallaire

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 112 HP / 212 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
Feel free to use Tail Glow / 3 attacks Manaphy btw like your original core had but I felt like in practice Rain Dance / Tail Glow + M-Heracross was a bit more effective and with that you basically made defensive cores a liability for opponents. If you do use 3 attacks I'd use Psychic somewhere cause M-Venusaur and bulky grass types like Amoonguss can be annoying. Anyways another pretty simple build where you notice my skillful and creative team-building in the implementation of Ferrothorn, boy look at that innovation right there. Scarftar helps a bit with Talonflame, M-Pinsir, taking out the Latis that sort of annoy M-Heracross and checks the Zards at least a little bit. Roost / Defog Latias for some team longevity and hazard control which the grounded team-mates will appreciate for removing Spikes and T-Spikes. Gliscor helps to break stall a bit as far as breaking it with utility while M-Hera + Mana breaks Balance and Stall through power along with a way to deter Clefable from getting a bit ridiculous. If offense becomes annoying I thought about using Rock Polish Lando-I over Gliscor if you want a more offensive feel to the team and then just Healing Wish > Roost so that's something to think about.

Edit: Rob's suggestion, GeeMick's suggestion

Darklatias92

Gustavo (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Happiness: 0
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Alucard (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Poltergeist (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump

Side Thorn (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Papi (Starmie) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 16 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Mr. Popo (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch
What people don't know about me is that just like yourself I'm also skilled in the art of nickname creation as you can see from the carefully chosen names provided for the team-mates outside of your core. Anyways it's just the basic core you provided with some EVs fixed and this is pretty basic if you're trying to get more accustomed to OU with the defensive backbone you have, Keld check in Starm with hazard removal, and the classic Char-Y + Ttar combo to break Balance. Char-Y is Timid so you can at least speed tie with M-Gardevoir while outpacing Manaphy and hitting it with Solarbeam. Starmie is mandatory Keldeo check, hazard removal, and status absorber, overall just a good glue to the team. There isn't too much else to say other than I put Defense > SpDef on Rotom-W so you have a more concrete check to Talonflame which can be a threat if pressured to much by Rocks and Ttar goes out for whatever reason. Teams M-Slowbro weak so maintain pressure against those builds.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I feel like a team built around this core has potential to be good.

+

This core is power herb tran + double dance lando-t. DD lando is a monster, but it struggles with bulky waters such as rotom-w and slowbro. Because of this, I feel like power herb tran can lure them and pop them with a solar beam. Also, landorus-t helps heatran out by absorbing fighting and ground attacks aimed at it. The core is quite weak to water, so a few water resists would help a ton. I ev'd heatran to outspeed standard rotom wash, and I dumped the rest into hp and special attack. The landorus-t spread was the one that I found on the damage calculator. Thank you!

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Solar Beam
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

benallaire

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Pin Missile
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 112 HP / 212 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Roost
- Taunt

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- Crunch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
Feel free to use Tail Glow / 3 attacks Manaphy btw like your original core had but I felt like in practice Rain Dance / Tail Glow + M-Heracross was a bit more effective and with that you basically made defensive cores a liability for opponents. If you do use 3 attacks I'd use Psychic somewhere cause M-Venusaur and bulky grass types like Amoonguss can be annoying. Anyways another pretty simple build where you notice my skillful and creative team-building in the implementation of Ferrothorn, boy look at that innovation right there. Scarftar helps a bit with Talonflame, M-Pinsir, taking out the Latis that sort of annoy M-Heracross and checks the Zards at least a little bit. Roost / Defog Latias for some team longevity and hazard control which the grounded team-mates will appreciate for removing Spikes and T-Spikes. Gliscor helps to break stall a bit as far as breaking it with utility while M-Hera + Mana breaks Balance and Stall through power along with a way to deter Clefable from getting a bit ridiculous. If offense becomes annoying I thought about using Rock Polish Lando-I over Gliscor if you want a more offensive feel to the team and then just Healing Wish > Roost so that's something to think about.
Solid team and build. But I'm feeling like a defensive Manaphy would allow the team more flexibility and allow it to handle threats like Keldeo and Azumarill without having to sacrifice something if Latios and Ferrothorn have been fainted. Rain Dance / Calm Mind / Scald / Rest Manaphy also gives the team a sure fire way to beat defensive teams because it can easily boost to +6 and sweep. The Pokemon in the meta have become pretty fast, I think fitting Substitute on Heracross would be a good idea, to mitigate its poor speed and force your opponent to sacrifice something or take a huge hit. That might be a preference suggestion but its worth looking into since Heracross is going to force something out 9/10 times. Also use Swords Dance on Gliscor.
@ Leftovers | Hydration
Bold Nature | 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Scald | Rain Dance | Rest | Calm Mind

Last edited:

AM

LCPL Champion
If you haven't noticed by now good suggestions will get edited into my post for reference sake. Look at rob. post above and then mine to give you an idea. Just letting you all know in case I don't comment on them.

If you haven't noticed by now good suggestions will get edited into my post for reference sake. Look at rob. post above and then mine to give you an idea. Just letting you all know in case I don't comment on them.
Given how much of a threat DD Altaria is to the Heracross squad, I think Gyro Ball is an important move to have on Ferrothorn. Though I'd like to know your reasoning for giving Ferro knock off, because I obviously can't come an be critical about the team just like that, especially given how quickly you managed to build such solid teams

AM

LCPL Champion
Given how much of a threat DD Altaria is to the Heracross squad, I think Gyro Ball is an important move to have on Ferrothorn. Though I'd like to know your reasoning for giving Ferro knock off, because I obviously can't come an be critical about the team just like that, especially given how quickly you managed to build such solid teams
I sort of overlooked that aspect while testing and Knock Off was deter Scarf user switch ins and general utility like removing Life Orbs from Tornadus-T. I think that + robs suggestion combined are a pretty good combo that can be tried out. I'll put that.

I sort of overlooked that aspect while testing and Knock Off was deter Scarf user switch ins and general utility like removing Life Orbs from Tornadus-T. I think that + robs suggestion combined are a pretty good combo that can be tried out. I'll put that.
Oh ok, I understand the utility of Knock off, especially with the teams's Scarfer bieng a pretty slow mon. It also helps to remove Clefaable lefties to break it easier with Hera, for example. It's a latter if what you want to be better against, I suppose. I think this also exemplifies well how hard it is to be prepared for everything in today's meta.

Amir (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute
- Crunch

ArchPhantom (Gengar) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

I'd like to request a team around this core.

As you can see,it already has great synergy with a Dark and ghost type.It's pretty offensive too and will be great against Balance teams and H/O too.+1 M-Gyarados=gg most of the time.

Hello, I have been always fan of Defensive cores, and looking at the Good cores thread, the Mega Ampharos+ Empoleon + Landorus T picked my interest, but I am still not used to all the factors in this Generation, which makes my teams messy. So I feel like taking the opportunity to request a team based of that core.

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 248 HP / 28 SpA / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar
- Defog

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Thanks in advance.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Kyurem-Black + Heatran

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 20 SpD / 240 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic / Earth Power

Here's a "core" that I find works well in practice that I'd like to see you guys take a stab at. I'm not entirely sure how these two work together, but they just do. I guess it's mainly because this variant of Heatran is able to take on the likes of Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn reliably, which are two mons Kyubes doesn't like. The Kyubes set I chose is the Standard LO Roost set, although I'm not entirely sold on the EV spread, so feel free to change it if you find the need to. Just please keep it +SpA nature-wise so it can nuke stuff. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like this team to be on the more Bulky Offense / Offensive Balance side, as those are the playstyles I am most comfortable using. Thanks, looking forward to what y'all can do. =]

Kyurem-Black + Heatran

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic / Earth Power

Here's a "core" that I find works well in practice that I'd like to see you guys take a stab at. I'm not entirely sure how these two work together, but they just do. I guess it's mainly because this variant of Heatran is able to take on the likes of Mega Scizor and Ferrothorn reliably, which are two mons Kyubes doesn't like. The Kyubes set I chose is the Standard LO Roost set, although I'm not entirely sold on the EV spread, so feel free to change it if you find the need to. Just please keep it +SpA nature-wise so it can nuke stuff. If it's not too much to ask, I'd like this team to be on the more Bulky Offense / Offensive Balance side, as those are the playstyles I am most comfortable using. Thanks, looking forward to what y'all can do. =]

Hey man,
I already posted this in one of the previous pages

-Clone-

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Roost

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 80 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Baton Pass

Azumarill @ Choice Band
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Rock Polish
- Focus Blast

Here's a bulky offensive team built around your 'core' of Heatran and Kyurem-B. I started with Mega-Blastoise because it's a huge threat that's mostly unprepared for. It has decent power (thanks to Mega Launcher) and it has great defensive stats that allow it to fit perfectly on many bulky teams. Mega-Blastoise can disrupt offensive teams by absorbing neutral/resisted attacks and KOing or maiming a mon or two (It beats a nunch of popular mon's, like Mega Lopunny, Landorus, Landorus-T Keldeo, Latios, Latias, and etc). Blast can also rip apart defensive teams with some moderate support (it needs help getting rid of spdef walls, i.e Chansey). Next up was Celebi. Celebi fills in a few needed resistances, it also provides the team with an excellent mixed defensive supporting Pokemon. Celebi also lures in a couple troublesome mons (Bisharp, Scizor, Ttar) for Mega-Blastoise or Heatran to eliminate. From here I needed an offensive duo that could easily flip momentum with very little support or without lengthily set-up. Azumarill and Landorus-I were perfect for the roles. I prefer Choice Band Azumarill over Belly Drum Azumarill because I can immediately pressure opponents without having to rely on Belly Drum's effect. Landorus-I is a nightmare for all styles because of its extreme power, coverage, and expansive movepool. It only needs one free turn to boost its speed with Rock Polish and transform itself into an offensive juggernaut.

Ok i saw that mega houdoom + gengar core which has good synergy cause houdoom resist ghost and gengar its inmune to fighting and ground which houdoom is weak 2 also they are very good wall breakers who attract keldeo and bulky waters in general so the plan is to wall break then feraligator can destroy the rest of the team after a DD or he can also wall break with SD.

ALso its so nasty how cool they look together they are demons coming from hell if u can find a way to include Leviathan (gyarados) to this core this will look more diabolical than it already is. Use cool nasty pokemon plz not cute derpy crap like manaphy or clefable.

Thanks and good luck with this challenge ;)

Here are the sets:

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Taunt

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
- Substitute

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)