Team "Dark Supremacy"

Dark Supremacy

Well, first of all, sorry for the bad english, I'll try my best.

So, darkness is my favorite pokémon type. Since GSC, I tried to make a good team, but never made it. With the 5th Gen pokémon, it was easier. And with the team creation training I've made with a Sandstorm team, I finally moved to Darkness pokémon. All of these pokémon got tested and this team worked great! Well, there is my list:

Scrafty (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability - Moxie / Jolly Nature (+ Spd / - Sp. Atk)
EV's: 152 HP / 104 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Dragon Dance
~ Drain Punch
~ Crunch
~ Stone Edge

A good Lead, as I've tested. The high defenses assures a turn for the Dragon Dance setup, giving some guarantee with Focus Sash. With the speed in 354, It'll attack faster than the most leads in game. If necessary and possible, use 2 Dragon Dances and make speed reach 472. With the attack boost, OHKO is possible, and with Moxie, Scrafty will get more and more destructive.

Weavile (M) @ Life Orb
Ability - Pressure / Jolly Nature (+ Spd / - Sp. Atk)
EV's: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
~ Night Slash
~ Ice Punch
~ Low Kick
~ Ice Shard

Not so much to talk about it. Is the suggestion ThePillsburyDoughBoy made to me. With great speed, Night Slash and Ice Punch for sweeping, Ice Shard as the priority move, in case of a faster pokémon and Low Kick to bring Terrakion and other heavy pokémon to death.

Sableye (F) @ Leftovers
Ability - Prankster / Calm Nature (+ Sp. Def / - Atk)
EV's: 252 HP / 176 Defense / 80 Sp. Def
~ Will-O-Wisp
~ Taunt
~ Recover
~ Night Shade

Sableye is the best Stall in game. no weakness, 3 immunities, but just 1 resistance. Prankster gives priority to 3 of it's moves. Will-O-Wisp cuts attack and gives damage with the burn status. Taunt blocks settupers, Recover gives a quick heal and Night Shade to assure 100 damage, except in Normal-type pokémon. It's a bit annoying

Hydreigon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability - Levitate / Modest Nature (+ Sp. Atk / - Atk)
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Spd
~ Dragon Pulse
~ Dark Pulse
~ Flamethrower
~ Surf

The Special Sweeper. Don't have much thing to explain about it. STABbed Dragon Pulse (or Draco Meteor) and Dark Pulse (which gives flinch), Flamethrower for some annoying ice pokémon and Surf some ground / rock / fire pokémon.

Drapion (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability - Sniper / Jolly Nature (+ Spd / - Sp. Atk)
EV's: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Swords Dance
~ Ice Fang
~ Earthquake
~ Night Slash

As I realized Drapion don't have Fighting weakness, I put it on the team. The basic build, I guess. Swords Dance and Attack reach 558. Night Slash, with a great chance of critical hit, would give massive damage combined with Sniper. Ice Fang for dealing with dragons and Flying pokémon, or even with ground pokémon, it's weakness. And with Earthquake to sweep some other, I think this is a good choice.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Quick Claw
Ability - Overcoat / Careful Nature (+ SP. Def / - Sp. Atk)
EV's: 252 HP / 104 Def / 152 Sp. Def
~ Roost
~ Brave Bird
~ Toxic
~ Taunt

It's the wall of the team, high defenses, using toxic to cause poison, damaging to death, Brave Bird is the only physical attack in case of an opposing Taunt, Roost for healing and Taunt to annoy some boring settupers. The combination of types is good against Fighting pokémon, the team's worst weakness.

Well, this is my team. I hope you like it. =D

mono dark is an interesting choice. it's biggest and most obvious problem is the fighting weakness it comes with, but there's not too much you can do about that. On scrafty, i would go with drain punch over brick break. It has the same power, and gives scrafty a form of recovery, letting him take more hits and last longer. Fighting and dark have good neutral coverage, so i would recommend switching stone edge for ice punch. it's a bit weaker, but more reliable, and hits most pesky dragons for a ton of damage. also, don't imagine you get that much use out of the focus sash considering his bulk, so try leftovers, or even a lum berry to prevent status.
Weavile has some problems, what with his paper defenses, weakness to stealth rock, and 4x fighting weakness. I would say switch him out for something else. maybe try out Sharpedo. with speed boost, all you need to do is protect for a turn, and then proceed to attack your opponent with his powerful water and dark attacks. try this set

Sharpedo@ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
~ Waterfall
~ Crunch
~ Ice Fang / Earthquake
~ Protect
I would also try out sableye over spiritomb. It does not wall as well, but prankster allows him to mess with your opponent, giving him priority with annoying moves like taunt, will-o-wisp, and recover. Give him a try anyway.
Personally I like chioce scarf for hydreigon. it makes him a powerful revenge killer, and lets him move faster than a lot of things that could threaten it. Also try draco meteor if you do this, as he will probably be switching a bit more if you do this.
You might go with return over faint attack to hit more things neutrally, or maybe go for recover in the form of moonlight. either way, two dark moves is a bit redundant
Moxie is a better ability than super luck. It can turn your humble crow into a potent sweeper. Consider life orb over scope lens for a bit more power, and roost over retaliate for a form of recovery. also try substitute over haze. it can ease prediction and prevent status.
that's about what i have to say. hope i helped, and good luck.

Well, Sharpedo is in my plans. It's a good pokémon to try, really.

About Scrafty, how do I get Dragon Dance, Ice Punch AND Drain Punch by Breeding? Which pokémon learn these three moves and can breed with Scrafty? Smeargle is a valid option?

I tried to get a Moxie Honchkrow in DW, but I didn't find it. While I try to get it, a Super Luck Honchkrow is an option to get more Critical Hits.

I changed Umbreon and changed to Return.

I already use Scarf in Hydreigon, I wrote it wrong in the post. haha

I like Spiritomb very much. It took away many teams while training with my friends. So, I'll keep it for now. But Sableye is a good option and I'll make one to be prepared.

You helped a lot, thanks! =D

Please slightly increase your Pokemon's descriptions otherwise I would have to lock this thread. Check out the RMT Archive to see the kind of detail we look for.

Hiya! I wrote the mono-dark analysis in this thread (credit to shizo as well). As everyone should know, Dark is by far one of the coolest, if not the coolest, type in the game. The pokes designs all are really cool :toast:. Being that this is going to be played in the OU metagame, you really need something to take on Scizor and Terrakion. To take on Terrakion and other threays (specifically Dragons like Salamence) I highly suggest you change your Weaville set to the standard Life Orb/cb set. With it, you finnally have something to outspeed Terrakion and you can Low Kick it to death. Probably CB so SR doesn't wreck you

Lastly to take on Scizor, I highly recommend Mandibuzz on your team over Umbreon. Mandibuzz can at least give you a decent switch into Scizor and give you some momentum with U-turn because it is going to be hard to switch your guys against hard-hitting threats.

You might want to consider adjusting your moveset for your Honchcrow. It is not bulky enough to use Haze and its too slow to use retaliate. Consider the Mixed set to break up stall who would have lots of fun with this team. Honestly I would get rid of Honchkrow for something else (possibly Drapion?) otherwise your team becomes very SR weak.

Honchkrow (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave
- Night Slash

Weavile (F) @ Life Orb / Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Toxic
- Roost
:toast:

edit: YOU DON'T NEED PURSUIT BECAUSE YOU HAVE A TEAM FULL OF DARK TYPES

I considered the Weavile build and I'll try. About Mandibuzz, the offensive is too low and it's movepool is poor. Swagger and Psych Up could be a good ideia?

And I just realizes that Drapion don't have weakness to fighting! I'll train one right away! =D

Thanks!

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
Don't use Swagger, it's too risky as you are only giving more power to your opponent. Confuse Ray is better, but I think that Toxic is better as a status-inducer move. Psych Up is not needed, it's situtional and you are better off just using Curse.

An option that came to my mind was Wish - with Wish, Umbreon has recovery, wich is nice in a wall like your Umbreon, also considering that, before getting Curse boosts, she would receive some damage. Also, she can pass Wish to her teammates, healing them as well, but I recommend that you shift some of your Atk EVs to HP to heal them even more.

I would recommend switching to Honchkrow by Sharpedo / Krokodile / Bisharp.Oh and put a Sableye is very important in a Monotype Dark

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Overcoat > Big Pecks on Mandibuzz. Overcoat makes Mandibuzz immune to weather damage and since you don't run leftovers (for some reason), Overcoat is essential.

Also, is it a Wi-Fi team?

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Nah, nothing is illegal, it's because all items are different, and only 1 leftovers is easily obtained in the game. Actually, there are two: The one that comes from the traded Munchlax and the one in the Trash Can in Undella.

And if you have both, you could swap Quick Claw on your Mandibuzz since Quick Claw is very unreliable. If you're battling under Item Clause however, Sitrus Berry or Mental Herb should replace Quick Claw. Sitrus recovers health, while Mental Herb cures Taunt, which can ruin your Mandibuzz.

Nah, nothing is illegal, it's because all items are different, and only 1 leftovers is easily obtained in the game. Actually, there are two: The one that comes from the traded Munchlax and the one in the Trash Can in Undella.

And if you have both, you could swap Quick Claw on your Mandibuzz since Quick Claw is very unreliable. If you're battling under Item Clause however, Sitrus Berry or Mental Herb should replace Quick Claw. Sitrus recovers health, while Mental Herb cures Taunt, which can ruin your Mandibuzz.
Oh, so that's alright. I'll try the team in Wi-fi soon. Thanks =D

Hey good looking mono I just have 2 suggestions

1.Pusuit > Ice shard on weaville, pursuits great for trapping the things that tend to switch out:Gengar, Lati@s, Espeon Etc
2. Leftovers > Focus sash on scrafty, I realise you may struggle to find more leftovers but if you go to http://pokecheck.org you can download pokemon on wifi, just find one with lefties. But first read the instructions on the site, pretty simple.

Hey good looking mono I just have 2 suggestions

1.Pusuit > Ice shard on weaville, pursuits great for trapping the things that tend to switch out:Gengar, Lati@s, Espeon Etc
2. Leftovers > Focus sash on scrafty, I realise you may struggle to find more leftovers but if you go to http://pokecheck.org you can download pokemon on wifi, just find one with lefties. But first read the instructions on the site, pretty simple.

About Leftovers, Sableye already has it and the Item Clause don't permit same items. Should I equip Shell Bell instead?

I'll try Pursuit in Weavile. Thanks =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)