Team Justice League

------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------

The basic goal of this team is to obtain free switches and then hit the incoming pokemon hard with a strong attack. That means this team doesn't necessarily sweep with a pokemon, but hits hard while not taking loads of damage.

Superman (Machamp) ♂ @ Lum Berry
No Guard
240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
~ DynamicPunch
~ Bullet Punch
~ Payback
~ Ice Punch

With natural bulk, a 100% STAB Dynamic Punch, and a priority move makes Machamp a great full attacking anti-lead. It beats almost every lead with the exception of Swampert (I usually D-Punch then switch out, while he sets up rocks) and trickscarfers (I switch out of Jirachi 100% of the time, but usually am caught by the rare trick Azelf or Uxie). Can be a great help late game with his four moves working well together, and a hard hitting 100% move.

Machamp would be Superman of the Justice League because he relies on his enormous strength to beat his opponents, similar to Superman.

J'onn J'onzz (Jirachi) ♂ @ Choice Scarf
Serene Grace
Impish (+Def -SpA)
240 HP / 160 Def / 76 SpD / 32 Spe
~ Fire Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Thunder Punch
~ Iron Head
When thinking up this team, I knew it wouldn't be slow, but certainly not fast enough to keep up with and beat hyper offense teams. Thus I needed paralysis. Jirachi, being one of the most notorious spreaders of paralysis, soon came to mind. Jirachi has tons of options, but this support set glues my team together. Wish heals the team as nobody has a self-recovering move. Paralysis helps Gyarados, Heatran and Celebi really destroy and allows me to play a lot more aggresive. Paraflinch can be used to get something in KO range for Jolteon or Machamp. U-turn is for scouting or getting free switches, mostly for Gyarados and Heatran.

Jirachi would be Martian Manhunter (J'onn J'onzz) of the Justice League because he is from outer-space like J'onn.

Aquaman (Gyarados) ♂ @ Leftovers
Intimidate
Adamant (+Atk -SpA)
156 HP / 72 Atk / 96 Def / 184 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Taunt
~ Waterfall
~ Stone Edge / Bounce

Gyarados has great synergy with this team, as well as being a bulky attacker that can stop many walls with taunt. Gyarados gets free switches from ground attacks aimed at Jolteon, Jirachi, and Heatran, fire attacks aimed at Jirachi and water attacks aimed at Heatran. Gyarados also allows Jolteon to heal and get free switches off incoming electric attacks. Gyarados's goal isn't to sweep, but to take out chunks off the opponents team while being able to switch in on many attacks.

Gyarados would be Aquaman of the Justice League because both mainly live in water but can survive above land.

Black Lighting (Jolteon) ♂ @ Choice Specs
Volt Absorb
Timid (+SpA -Atk)
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Thunderbolt
~ Shadow Ball
~ Baton Pass
~ Hidden Power Ice

Jolteon is a quick, hard hitter on the special side, whose job, like most of my team, is to come in on a free switch, then hit whatever comes in hard. Being choiced means picking the right move problematic at some points, which is when I'll usually baton pass to something that can handle the opponent's switch. I'll almost always use Thunderbolt until they show what they have to take it, where HP Ice can usually take a chunk out of them the next time they switch in. Jolteon has very good synergy with Gyarados, taking the electric moves, but otherwise Jolteon can switch into much else.

Jolteon would be Black Lightning of the Justice League because they share the same element to attack with.

Firestorm (Heatran) ♀ @ Shuca Berry
Flash Fire
Naive (+Spe -SpD)
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~ Stealth Rock
~ Fire Blast
~ Earth Power
~ Explosion

Heatran is my stealth rock user, also one of my two checks to Scizor, and a user of the much needed STAB Fire Blast to take out the dominant steels of the metagame. Explosion is generally a filler and is only used when I need a free switch or when a lack a physical sweeper to take a special wall. Heatran has good synergy with Jirachi, Gyarados and Celebi.

Heatran would be Firestorm of the Justice League because they share the same element to attack with.

Green Lantern (Celebi) @ Life Orb
Natural Cure
Modest (+SpA -Atk)
232 HP / 244 SpA / 32 Spe
~ Leaf Storm
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Recover
~ Earth Power
Celebi is basically here for defensive synergy with most of my team, and replacing the job of pokemon when they die. It has T-wave to spread paralysis along with Jirachi and Leaf Storm is to knock out bulky waters and grounds that give the rest of my team trouble. HP Fire is for Scizor, who is often baited in to take the Leaf Storm.

Celebi would be the Green Lantern of the Justice League because they're both green and use special orientated attacks.

In conclusion, I would please ask you to take your time to rate this team, as I took a lot of time and effort making this thread.
Adios!

As stated Ground moves are a big problem to your team so i'd suggest using scarf jirachi as Celebi already has twave and it can dispose of your ground trouble fast.

Jirachi @ choice scarf

Jolly

Evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Moves:
~Iron Head
~Fire Punch
~Ice Punch / Thunder Punch
~U turn

after that swap it should put up a good fight gl.

I can definitely see where scarfrachi would come in handy, I'll try it. One thing that I do really like is the ability to wish-pass with the other set.
Thanks for the feedback.

This team could have problems with Heatran, because Gyarados won't last long as you neither have a spinner nor attempt to stop their set up at the beginning of the game. A temporary fix to this problem would be to add Earth Power to Celebi >>> Thunderwave because you are already paralysing pokemon with Jirachi.

Apart from that there are a few necessary move changes that would help the team overall. Firstly, Thunderbolt on Jolteon does a lot of damage to dragons already so Hidden Power Ice is unecessary. This could be changed to Hidden Power Grass which helps against Swampert even though Celebi sufficiently checks Swampert already. Another option you could consider on Jolteon that could instead be useful as opposed to Hidden Power Ice is Signal Beam, which should be commended due to its ability to 2hko ttar. Secondly, because Salamence does a lot of damage to this team I suggest Stone Edge instead of Bounce on Gyarados so that you can defeat it.

Hope I helped.

Machamp- I like this anti-lead a lot and have had much success with machamp. I usually run Encore though as it forces switches after leads set up rocks, will will solve your swampert problem. Due to Machamps lacking speed, the encore will go second on almost anything meaning you can have a bit of fun.
Jirachi- Fairly standard rachi set with paraflinch and wish with a U-turn scout, I like it
Gyarados- DD gyara is very effective, you should DEFINITELY be running stonE edge instead of bounce on it. Except for that it is good, although after taunting it may be a bit vulnerable, but I'm not sure as I normally put my EVs into speed and attack only, and don't run taunt
Jolteon- looks pretty standard, it does it's job well, nothing to say there really
Heatran- the SR look a bit late, but if it works: fair play. Except for that it looks like the normal set on it, with shucca to block the ground moves
Celebi- Looks pretty decent, although if you are running defensive you might want to see if you can fit heal bell in their to cleric a bit, although i can't really seeing it fitting in that well, but it's a thought.

Overall your team seems to work well together, they cover each other pretty well, I wish you luck with it and hope i have helped you.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team is already very solid from a defensive standpoint. It successfully utilizes good, well-known combinations to make it easier for your Pokemon to switch in. While this works for your team, there are several offensive threats who I could see potentially being problematic for you once they obtain a boost. For example, Adamant Swords Dance Lucario will ravange your team after a Swords Dance, as it can OHKO Machamp, Jolteon, Heatran, Jirachi, and Gyarados with a moveset of Close Combat + ExtremeSpeed + Stone Edge. Dragon Dance Salamence will also hurt a lot, as only Heatran and Jirachi will be able to survive its boosted Outrage. However, neither of them can do anything to hit it back (Heatran can Explode, but then you lose Heatran). Swords Dance Infernape, while mildly uncommon, will also make short work of your team. All of these Pokemon can set up on Jolteon when locked into the wrong move, and can then seriously damage your team.

A good way to fix the aforementioned weaknesses would be to change your Jirachi set to a Choice Scarf Jirachi. Scarf Jirachi can take on Swords Dance Lucario all day. It can also Speed tie with Dragon Dance Salamence after a boost, and OHKOes with Ice Punch. Once Infernape's health gets low enough, Jirachi can simply come in and clean up with Iron Head. In addition to fixing weaknesses to the aforementioned threats, Scarf Jirachi has much more offensive prescence than your current set. While your set is good, your team doesn't really need Wish support, as its good defensive synergy will keep your Pokemon at high health. Thunder Wave support is already handled by Celebi, and your team doesnt really need two users of the move. Use a Jirachi set of Iron Head | Ice Punch | Fire Punch | Thunderpunch, an EV spread of 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spe, and a Jolly nature. Another thing I think you should look at is changing Hidden Power Fire to Hidden Power Ice on Celebi. HP Fire isnt really needed on Celebi, as Heatran and Machamp will already be taking out all of your opponents Steel-types with their STAB attacks. As such, youre free to use HP Ice. HP Ice allows you to hit Salamence hard right off the bat, which helps a lot, as he can otherwise prove to be a pretty big threat for your team (though will be made much more manageable due to my Scarf Jirachi suggestion). In terms of hitting Mence harder, I think that Stone Edge is the superior option over Bounce on Gyarados. Bounce is mainly used to hit Pokemon like Vaporeon and Starmie harder. However, your team already has them covered well, so Gyara can afford to run Stone Edge in order to hit Mence and other Gyara.

Overall, nice team, and good luck!

I'm I the only one noticing that a scarf tar can destroy just about everything on this team with the proper move, and God forbid a Dragon Dancing one come in on your Jolteon's shawdow ball, the only thing that can check tyrantar is your machamp, but with machamp being probably the most prepared for lead nowadays, I wouldn't count it.

You seriously need a scarf-rachi

First thing I'd like to point out is that I am running stone edge and not bounce, so thank you for your concerns but it's already covered from the start.

@Doctor Who?
I prefer HP Ice for Flygon, and as you said, I have Celebi for Pert.

@T-RaT I tend to get up rocks generally as soon as Heatran comes in

@Snorlaxe Thanks for the great feedback, I made the changes to Jirachi and Celebi

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)