Team LoNg ShoT HeRo - Peaked #7

This is a great team Matty, and a great team idea. Theres little that I can suggest without breaking up the strategy / synergy and redesigning the entire team. What I can say is that some of your weaknesses are HUGE weaknesses. The mixape one is troubling to say the least and I'm surprised it hasn't 6-0ed you many times.

At first glance, Gyarados does nothing for the team at all. But then removing it adds additional fighting weakness. Normally I would say add Suicune in place of Gyarados, as a standard Crocune helps ALOT against some of the things your team is struggling against. Why? It is almost the perfect lure when used in tandem with Jirachi. Cune can repeatedly switch into 90% of Heatrans (fuck you Life Orb tran), it can Calm Mind up and beat down Rotom and Starmie should they come out, which will free up Jirachi, and will abuse parahax like a motherfucker, doesnt give a fucking shit about Swampert and pretty much everything else you need help with. However, finding a replacement fighting resist will be difficult, hence the struggle of removing Gyarados! I would like to see some priority in here as well, since that helps wonders against Infernape. Type-wise, Dragonite could fit over Gyarados. You will lose intimidate, but you keep Thunderwave if you need it, but its selling point is Extremespeed and Roost. Meh, just a few thoughts good job!

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
I'm probably stupid for it, but I thought a bulky Arcanine could work in the Gyarados spot. It keeps Intimidate with similar defensive stats and resistances, and tosses in Will-o-wisp to cripple the switch to a physical counter. And he simply counters steel types and Infernape better than Gyara ever could.

It's worth noting that you do trade Ground immunity for a ground weakness, but you have a Celebi to take those. Also, you could try Swagger instead of Will-o-wisp, which could play interestingly with the amount of Paralysis you are spreading.

I dunno, just a thought.

What about a physically defensive Zapdos?

It counters all form of Lucario, except HP Ice Specs(But then you have Blissey), Paralyzed Infernape(With however many users of T-Wavers/Body Slammers you have...) and Scizor. It can also run either HP Grass to kill Swampert or HP Ice to kill Gliscor, on his "Troublesome Pokemon" list. Non-Ice Beam or locked into non-Ice Beam Starmie are also Zapdos bait.

In addition, you can use Discharge to merge the spot of Thunderbolt and Gyarados' old Thunder Wave. Cons of this are things like losing Intimidate and your second Fire resist in the Celebi/Blissey/Gyarados battery.

The set should be something like...

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP, 228 Defense, 32 Speed
Bold Nature
Discharge
Heat Wave
HP Ice/HP Grass/HP Flying
Roost

Discharge is your main STAB move with a chance of paralysis, while Heat Wave provides type coverage and lets you effectively counter Lucario and Scizor. After that, your choice of Hidden Power depends on what you need countered: HP Grass kills Swampert dead and HP Ice kills Gliscor dead. If you don't mind about Swampert/Gliscor both completely walling you, HP Flying allows you to OHKO Infernape and let Zapdos "counter" it more truly(Since right now, LO Recoil and SR play a big role: You only do 46.9% - 55.4% to it with Discharge, or 68.9% - 77.4% after LO + SR, not counting taking any hits/Sandstorm. Note that you can also Roost down for more LO damage first.) and may be the preferred option. Roost, of course, lets you recover damage and effectively wall.

I don't know if it'd be a good fit, since it lacks the late game destructive power of DDos, but it might be a helpful answer to your problems. So yeah.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
These are all great suggestions and I'll need to spend a lot of time play testing them all. If other people want to help, by all means go for it, because for the time being I am not going to be able to test all this stuff (maybe later when I am not so busy).

I appreciate all the help everyone has given.

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
the only help i can give (sorry but this is an excellent team) is to suggest to put wish on blissey to help your other teammates out. it'll help gyarados and friends stay alive longer to compat infernape and shit. sorry i couldnt help more and gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)