1. Remember to check the Simple Questions/Simple Answers , Suggestions , Bug Reports and Technical Support threads before posting. If you have something that warrants extended discussion then post a thread, but when in doubt, please use an already existing thread
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Technical Support Mk. 2 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Showdown!' started by Antar, Jul 22, 2012.

1. jumpluff

jumpluff princess
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

There are some issues with the host right now causing some problems with connecting / logging in for many users. For now there's nothing you can do, just be patient and the devs will sort it out as soon as they are able if the hosting company doesn't first.
  2. Quizlyx

Quizlyx

"Site is temporarily unavailable"

Mac OS Mountain Lion
    The Showdown program, chrome, firefox, safari (all most recent update)
    they all have same issue
    Problem started today
    PS Username: Quizlyx

Whenever I try to open PS or go to the website, I get a white screen that says, "Site Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
    error id: "bad_httpd_conf" "

What is going on here?
  3. OGCornflake

OGCornflake

1. Same problem on latop and iphone
    2. Safari, chrome, internet explorer (yeah i even tried that)
    3. Started today
    4. Username: OGCornflake
    5. When i try to go on pokemonshowdown.com's homepage or the "play" page where u actually play the game i get the error mentioned above, but the servers are up (apparently), and i can still access the "ladders" and "replays" via quicklinks on google.
  4. uomopera

uomopera

Happened again right now. Am I the only one or is a widespread issue (like yesterday)?
    Tried on every browser, different reactions but same story. On Firefox and IE the words mentioned above, on Chrome the page loads indefinitely (or very slow) and only shows blank screen.
  5. ShowstoppaNMB

ShowstoppaNMB

1. Windows 7
    2. Chrome
    3. Internet explorer 7. Seems to work OK on IE 7.
    4. 3 days ago.
    5. ShowstoppaNMB
    6. Whenever I try to load the page, it will bring up a page that says
    "Site temporarily unavailable
    We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact the webmaster/ tech support immediately to have them rectify this.
    error id: "bad_httpd_conf"
    Thanks!

**Edit: Problem resolved on it's own.**
  6. Subject 18

Subject 18 S H M A C K E D
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderator

1. Windows 7
    2. Chrome
    3. Internet Explorer and Firefox havent worked either
    4. 30 minutes ago. I got off to to some homework
    5. Subject 18
    6. On the connecting screen it doesn't say "Joining Pokemon Showdown Server..." and nothing happens from there. It's been stuck like that.
  7. Slim

Slim

It happened on Firefox for me: error id: "bad_httpd_conf"

Haven't been able to go in for just about a week now. Can't do it on Chrome or IE either.
  8. jdarden

jdarden Feeling 22
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Forum Moderator

Just try opening showdown and refreshing your browser; that's what I had to do. If not try clearing your cache, maybe? (though it shouldn't be necessary).
  9. Slim

Slim

I can't believe that it was that simple...the internet has defeated me...
  10. seeop

seeop

1. Windows 8
    2. Chrome
    3. Internet Explorer and Firefox, fails on both
    4. I got a new computer 2 hours ago and showdown doesn't work anymore, everything else works fine
    5. seeop
    6. When I try to get to Pokemon showdown it gets to "Joining Showdown server..." and just gets stuck there.
  11. Dandizzle

Dandizzle

1. OS X 10.8.3
    2. Mac Download
    3. It works on chrome but all my teams are saved on the mac download.
    4. Around a week ago
    5. Dandizzle
    6. When i open the mac download version of PS i get "Site Temporarily Unavailable" and the error id is "bad_httpd_conf"
  12. GSP

GSP

-Windows 8
    -Google Chrome
    -I tried Internet Explorer, but it doesn't work either.
    -Just now after I restarted my computer.
    -GSP
    -I can't connect to PS and I just get the standard "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted." But when I refresh or close and re-open it, I get the same message.
    -Also, it's just me.
  13. Lh0gi16

Lh0gi16

Windows XP
    Google Chrome
    Tried IE and Firefox
    Just today, was playing beautifully last night.
    JustWatchin'
    "You have been disconnected - possibly because the server was restarted." <--That one.
  14. Sweep

Sweep
    is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

The server is down for everyone at the moment. The other servers are up though if you want to try those out.
  15. GSP

GSP

Okay. Thanks.
    Nevermind. It's back up. But thanks again.
  16. Michonne

Michonne

Ok asking for a friend.

Windows 7
    Firefox(the most recent version)
    Happens on all other browsers as well
    Started in November, went away in January and now has returned worse than before.
    Server name: Pleurnicheur
    Showdown constantly disconnects me for no reason usually happens multiple times a minute.(my internet connection is usually fine, I get the disconnection error message)
  17. Zarel

Zarel Not a Yuyuko fan
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
    Creator of PS

This is usually a problem with a firewall somewhere between here and there.

If the main server link doesn't work, try: http://showdown-80.psim.us/ - it might be better, but it might also be worse.

If both of them have trouble, it's most likely that your internet connection or firewall has banned the kind of connection Pokemon Showdown uses. Please ask a network administrator (or call your ISP) and ask them if they can unban it. If they can't, there's nothing that can be done.
  18. Suckingmoreducks

Suckingmoreducks

my HP bar changes sometimes

like it can be all "you have 20% hp left" and then suddenly it turns into like 18%
    (also hello newfag over here)
  19. Melfy

Melfy

1. OS X 10.8.3
    2. Mac Download
    3. It works on firefox but all my teams are saved on the mac download.
    4. It's been a few weeks by now
    5. Melfy
    6. When i open the mac download version of PS i get "Site Temporarily Unavailable" and the error id is "bad_httpd_conf"
  20. Electrolyte

Electrolyte What we dream, that's all that matters
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    Mentor

Once you reach the page that says that the site is down, just refresh a bunch of times and the real page will come up. Multiple other users (including myself) have experienced this same problem on different providers and refreshing always helped. So yeah since there are multiple people here experiencing this problem I'll rewrite it in big bold letters. It would be cool if a mod could put this up into the OP.

ATTN: If you are trying to connect the PS and you instead get a page that says "Site Temporarily Unavailable" with an error id of "bad_httpd_conf", simply just refresh until the site connects. That should solve the problem.
  21. Melfy

Melfy

But... we're both using the mac download. There's no refresh button to click. The website works fine for me, but my teams aren't saved there.
  22. DTM

DTM

Stuck at "Joining Showdown server"

1. OS: Windows 8
    2. Browser: Firefox 20
    3. Others: Chrome, IE. They all act the same
    4. Username: DTM
    5. Whenever I try to access Pokemon Showdown, it load the library, client, and connects to the server, but I can't seem to join the server. I don't know if this is just an internet problem on my end, or if I somehow got banned. If I did get banned, I would like to know why, but if not then I would like an answer please.

Edit: It started around 6:30 pm PST on April 21, 2013 by the way.

Edit 2: Nevermind, it seems to be working again. If anyone did something to fix it then good job to that person.
  23. arrowhead896

arrowhead896

1. OS: Windows 7
    2. Browser: Google Chrome.
    3. Also tried IE 10. Can't find the error code there, but the same behavior.
    4. Never been able to get on PS with this computer.
    5. When I try to get on PS, it says "You have been disconnected, possibly because the server was restarted." Viewing source on Chrome and looking at the errors gives me this: "WebSocket connection to 'ws://sim.smogon.com:8000/showdown/596/e_n51im6/websocket' failed: Compressed bit must be 0 if no negotiated deflate-frame extension "
  24. funtimekid1199

funtimekid1199

i use chrome firefox and internet exployer ant says the severs down will a admin please get
    the sever runing beause i want to play
  25. funtimekid1199

funtimekid1199

it say the website is offline for maintence or because of a problem will somr plz fit that.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)