Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if a whole bunch of people report they can't log on or they've been banned or w/e there's a very good chance the server is down

I'm having issues while trying to open the smogon server on PO.

When I try to open it, all that appers is:
(14:57:10) Connected to Server! (14:57:10) Disconnected from Server!

I use the name Skytte on the server, so if someone could help me I would be very thankful.

you're banned, that's why you can't connect to the server.
Thanks for answering so quickly.
But the thing is, I did nothing that could get me banned, so I'm a little confused as to why a moderator banned me. Could you tell me if there is a way to know that information and how do I get it.

Maybe it has something to do with your alts.
I find that unlikely since the last time I used a alt was at least a week before I got banned, and even then I didn't break any rules that I am aware of.
Also I don't know if I should appael the ban since I got absolutely no information on the cause of it.

haunter

Banned deucer.
if you're trying to register the name you use on the forums and it's taken then I can reset the password.

Well I'm on my iPhone right now I'll be home in 20 minutes but I tried to register my username as my Smogon Forum name and I still dont know what the password is like I know my forum password but what password does it want on PO, like I said it didnt ask for a password to register.

I have started University like three weeks ago, and in my dorm, i can connect to the internet with an ethernet cable to what looks like some sort of telephone box which they call "VPN".
My problem is that although i can access the internet, for example watch youtube videos and go on the smogon forums, i am unable to connect to the smogon server when in my dorm. when i click on the po client and ''go online'', no servers come up.
is there a problem with my laptop? is pokemon online banned at the university? please help

additional information - in the laundry room and pc room in the halls of residence there is internet access through wifi. when i connect through wifi i can also access the servers.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I think that this problem has already been reported before. Some universities do not allow the connection to PO. However, just to be sure, try to manually enter this data in the advanced connection box: 74.50.98.226:5048.

I was laddering to get my uu rating up when i decided to register the alt i was using "diciembre". Then i logged out so the chat access thing could activate and it wouldn't accept my password (it's probably pretty close to what i think it is so you know i'm not stealing). It was only a couple of battles, but they were something like 130 points of progress so I'd prefer to not throw them away. I'd really appreciate some help on this.

i dont know if there is something wrong with the chat but i couldnt get the mods attention on this...

haunter

Banned deucer.
I've cleared the pass for that acccount. Register it again. Sorry for not replying on the server but I was afk.

I was in the middle of a battle when the server just randomly disconnected me. I logged on again and the exact same thing happened. All of the latest updates have been installed on my computer so I don't understand the problem.

I was in the middle of a battle when the server just randomly disconnected me. I logged on again and the exact same thing happened. All of the latest updates have been installed so I don't understand the problem.
You're running the 1.0.30 client? What OS?

It just started today and only happened twice within five minutes.
And not again since? So it was only the two DCs in five minutes, and then after that, everything was cool, right?

Just so people know--I'm making a big deal about this because at least two other players have complained of it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)