The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
soredemo is definitely a wait till it hits the US and netflix it, 9 ep in and nothing really interesting has happened. It has its funnies but not enough of anything to bump it up to 3/4 or 4/4.

xenu

Banned deucer.
so a bunch of us anime fans on smogon are gonna be watching older/classic anime together, maybe like one episode a week or marathon eps over a set period of time and discuss them on IRC/in this thread. like a book club, except for anime. you guys down? it's a good excuse to get through the big names on your backlog. if you are, what would you wanna watch? currently we're thinking along the lines of mobile suit gundam, revolutionary girl utena, trigun, gunbuster, serial experiments lain, etcetera etcetera

EDIT: Alternatively we can do 1 anime movie a week

Last edited:
one episode a week is too slow, one movie or two/three episodes sounds about right

I'm down for utena/trigun/serial if timezones will allow

xenu

Banned deucer.
yeah 2-3 episodes seems good, and we'll probably do independent watching instead of like on a stream so timezones aren't much of an issue. we'll watch the same subs though.

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Please we NEED to watch Ghost in the Shell. It's not that old but it is literally one of the best anime in existence and so many people haven't seen it. It's also VERY open to discussion. Notable user Sephirona can back me on this.

Second on my list would be the Mermaid Saga. You know Inuyasha Ranma 1/2 etc.? Same author but older and darker.

Also: Akira. So many people haven't seen it but it is also a masterpiece.

there is also Tenchi Muyo and El Hazard but those are lower priority. If you want a good list anime-pulse.com past anime reviews. There are a lot of old classics.

Lasagne #kawaii is the anime chan.

Last edited:
so a bunch of us anime fans on smogon are gonna be watching older/classic anime together, maybe like one episode a week or marathon eps over a set period of time and discuss them on IRC/in this thread. like a book club, except for anime. you guys down? it's a good excuse to get through the big names on your backlog. if you are, what would you wanna watch? currently we're thinking along the lines of mobile suit gundam, revolutionary girl utena, trigun, gunbuster, serial experiments lain, etcetera etcetera

EDIT: Alternatively we can do 1 anime movie a week
If (any of) you guys ever do Revolutionary Girl Utena, please let me know. I've been intending to watch this for a while. Seen / uninterested in the others.

edit: Evangelion rewatch is a-ok with me

"watch first three episodes of Utena / Eva before summer season starts / July 1"

sounds like a good tentative, Eva might be good to start with if Utena is too hipster, haven't watched Eva yet so I'm fine either way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)