The Artwork for Tournaments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was thinking of creating a banner that had the words 'Same Type Tourney' with a different Pokemon representing each different type in each letter. There are 15 letters in 'Same Type Tourney', so the artist could add ><'s or something like that to make it '>Same Type Tourney<' which has 17 letters that can each represent a different type. No Ubers, please.
This sounds like a REALLY big piece to draw, since you're essentially asking someone to draw 17 mons in the form of letters (even though they'd still be simplistic). So since it's close to the deadline, I'd suggest to just have one or two dual-typed mons executing moves belonging to their typing, along with a standard headline to go with it/them. If you have suggestions on what those mons should be, go ahead. I won't confirm if I'll be able to take this request, just trying to make things simplier.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tournament Name: BW RU meets DPP UU
Host: Oglemi
Project priority: Normal/High
Format:
BW2 RU w/ drops
Tournament Rules: The tournament takes place in BW2 RU but every round drops more Pokemon that used to be in DPP UU into RU.
Art Direction: Nothing specific, would like to have a Pokemon prominently featured from each of BW RU and DPP UU "meeting" each other, however the artist wants to interpret that.

Last edited:

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Tournament Name: Doubles Doubles Tournament
Host: Audiosurfer
Project priority: Normal
Format: Smogon Doubles
Tournament Rules: People are randomly put into pairs and compete against other pairs in the tournament
Art Direction: I was thinking of two common Doubles pokemon, one trying to help the other w/ some support move or something (like maybe Cresselia using Helping Hand to boost another Poke's attack or Jirachi using Follow Me to redirect a hit or something) As long as it shows two Pokemon commonly used in Doubles though I'm open to changes if this is too hard to get down

FireMage

Disgraced
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name:The Ghosting Tournament
Host: @FireMage @Ginku (If he comes back)
Project priority: High - in progress
Format:
BW2OU
Tournament Rules: The tournament allows teams of three to battle one another and "ghost" (give advice/make moves) their team mates
Art Direction: Maybe a Trio of ghost types, two whispering into the thirds "ear".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)