The Artwork for Tournaments Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tournament Name: NU: Back to the Future
Host: Django
Project Priority: Normal
Format: NU Cross-Gen Special; see below
Tournament Rules: "this is a best of three tournament involving BW2 NU, DPP NU, and ADV NU"
Art Direction: " for potential ideas, anything involving the movie Back to the Future would be neat, and likewise a few key Pokemon from each tier (ADV NU - Flareon, Hitmonchan, Tangela. DPP NU - Charizard, Gligar. BW2 NU - Braviary, Amoonguss, Golurk. If you want any more information just let me know."

Hey Presto

Thinking of adding in a Doc-mon if I have time as well.

Two things!!

One is that the ADVanced Users Only Tournament posted sign-ups today! Check it! The winner: elcheeso! After many revisions and taking into account suggestions offered in the thread, elcheeso is the champ! Sincerest thanks to Dragoniteknight for taking a stab at a submission as well :) You guys rock real hard...

Secondly, I'm thrilled to see these recent submissions! Please feel free to post WIPs/unfinished work and feel free to offer critique of others' work if you can!

Keep up the awesome work :)

I feel that the arms on the leftmost coloured blastoise (gen 1?) could use some work, as they seem really oddly positioned. I think they're a bit too thin and a bit too far bent bacl, so maybe change that a little to make it more natural?
I like where it's going cheeso, keep it up :)

WIP for the Monotype Tournament. Do Latios' wings even bend that way? Is Druddigon too small? All the nitpicks, go!

(Their heads from left to right: Hydreigon, Dragonite, Haxorus, Druddigon, Latios, Salamence.)

I love the expression on Hydreigon's face, CBMeadow! I feel that Salamence's pose looks a little too arched, however. Druddigon and Latias looks fine, don't worry about it.

So do I just include one of the pieces of art in the sign ups? Or do I say here first? And as many entries as possible would be greatly appreciated

So do I just include one of the pieces of art in the sign ups? Or do I say here first? And as many entries as possible would be greatly appreciated
No worries, AuraRayquaza-- we're working on your tournament's artwork. There might not be any artwork ready by the time sign-ups go up (since they will be starting up soon) but if not, we'll try to have something ready before the tournament is underway.

Thank you for being patient! Your tournament is first on the list right now.

I'll be in touch with you regarding the next steps as we get closer to the start of your tournament.

Here's my submission to the Random Pokemon Tournament! I have to say, I had fun making this one, especially Rodan himself.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Tournament Name: Random Pokemon Tournament V
Host: Rodan
Project Priority: Normal
Format: BW2 Special; see below
Tournament Rules: "think of it like the battle factory [where you are given random pokemon from across tiers, unevolved pokemon as well] but instead of picking 3 out of 6 [like in the factory] you pick 6 out of 7"
Art Direction: "my idea for the banner would be a version of me; either human or pterosaur drawing pokemon names from something like a hat or a bingo spinner or something "
(pictures of Rodan can be seen here.)

No worries, AuraRayquaza-- we're working on your tournament's artwork. There might not be any artwork ready by the time sign-ups go up (since they will be starting up soon) but if not, we'll try to have something ready before the tournament is underway.

Thank you for being patient! Your tournament is first on the list right now.

I'll be in touch with you regarding the next steps as we get closer to the start of your tournament.
ok thanks. it was just because i didnt know about the change in when my tour was starting and i thought i was still after the start to finish tour.

A WIP for Random Pokémon Tournament. I will color it later.
Feedback/constructive criticism is much obliged.

EDIT: Here's another WIP of UU all of the gens:

I will (hopefully) finish after my Drama class.

K I wish I could work on this more, but I've put off doing actual work for too long. This'll have to pass as a finished product until I get some actual free time.

Some updates! Hear ye, hear ye

~~~

The Stat Specialization Tournament has gotten off the ground! When the dust cleared, there was only Scepticallistic, who stood victorious with some lovely tournament artwork! Congratulations!

~~~

In addition, we have two new tournaments to add to the master list-- both from the same guy!

FireMage took over the BW2 OU Team tournament-- a tournament currently in progress-- and wanted to know if anyone could help provide some artwork! I've put this request in among our most urgent, since it would be super-rad if anyone was willing to step in and spruce up this tournament's image :)

Here's a link to the most recent round of the tournament!

And here's the official request!

Tournament Name: BW2 OU Team Tournament
Host: FireMage
Project priority: HIGHEST (This Tournament is currently in progress and looking for artwork!)
Format: BW2 OU
Tournament Rules: In this tournament, competitors start in teams of five and get subbed out of the tournament if they lose! They're swapped with winning members of the enemy team should they be defeated. Winners advance, losers are out, and rivals become teammates until one team stands victorious!
Art Direction : "Ideally a group of 5 trainers (I'll leave it up to artists discretion if they base them on trainer classes / protagonists or if they want to make them generic) holding their hands over a Pokéball like a Football team would before a game."

~~~~~

Additionally, FireMage (and others) are hosting a second tournament! This one's not currently in progress, though, and won't be for a little while. Check it:

Tournament Name: 2012 Tournament Tour
Hosts: FireMage, Django, SethZiBritannia
Project priority: Normal
Format: Special, see below
Tournament Rules: This tournament is a revisit of some of the Tournaments of 2012-- each round will be a match taken out of a different tournament from the past!
Art Direction: "Here's the list of tournaments. I'm quite content for the artists to have free reign over the art direction. See what they can do with it!"
- The EO's Propostion Tournament
- The Helping Hand Tournament
- The Single Pokémon Tournament
- The Unscrupulous Tiering Director
- Tournament of Thieves
- The Adherence Tournament
- Mirror Match
(I'll make sure these link to past tournaments when I get the chance-- in the meantime, please see the Tournament Listing for details on these tournaments)

~~~~~~~~~

Finally, I'd like to add that our Tournament Artwork Scoreboard isn't just for show! Some badge nominations might be in the works ;)

Thanks for reading! If you feel you can lend a hand and craft an image for one of our tournaments, your efforts would be sincerely appreciated! Thank you!! :)

Tournament Name: 2012 Tournament Tour
Hosts: FireMage, Django, SethZiBritannia
Project priority: Normal
Format: Special, see below
Tournament Rules: This tournament is a revisit of some of the Tournaments of 2012-- each round will be a match taken out of a different tournament from the past!
Art Direction: "Here's the list of tournaments. I'm quite content for the artists to have free reign over the art direction. See what they can do with it!"
- The EO's Propostion Tournament
- The Helping Hand Tournament
- The Single Pokémon Tournament
- The Unscrupulous Tiering Director
- Tournament of Thieves
- The Adherence Tournament
- Mirror Match
(I'll make sure these link to past tournaments when I get the chance-- in the meantime, please see the Tournament Listing for details on these tournaments)

sorry for not doing the higher priority one first. it was a bit weird for me; i might attempt to do it this weekend though. :)
p.s. drawing tourney banners are not my thing lol

{16:19:49} <&Djangoo> champ

Artwork for the monotype tournament is still needed! So far, we have 1 submission and 1 WIP. It isn't official when the tournament will start, but it will be in the next month or two. So please work on it, artists!

Okay, artwork for the Monotype Tournament is drastically needed! It goes up after the Offstat Tournament ends, and that is in round 4 of (I'm assuming) 5 or 6. Please, do some art!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)