The Best NBA Player At Each Position

Basketball is my favorite sport, i watch it, I play it, I eat it for brunch.

Enough about me though. In the NBA today, the topic of who the best or 'most valuable' player at each position is. So, I want to know what the good people at Smogon think.

List all five positions however you want

eg:

pg-
sg-
sf-
pf
c-

or maybe

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-

Whatever the terminology is where you come from.

And if you want explain your reasoning or disagree with someone else's picks etc.

In my opinion the list goes as follows:

PG - Deron Williams
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Tim Duncan
C - Andrea Bargnani (I'm from Canada)

What do you think?

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
if im being completely unbiased...

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Kobe Bryant
SF: LeBron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Tim Duncan

Duncan is a PF anyways, only plays C when then need him to. In fact they Spurs insisted he's on the Allstar Ballot as a PF exclusively.

Anywho:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

All Time?
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal or Bill Russel

Pretty much what Loki said. However, I'm going to list my top 5 players at their positions as they are playing so far this season :)

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Dirk Nowitzky
C: Andrew Bynum

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This season

PG: Steve Nash
SG: Dwyane Wade
SF: Lebron James
PF: Chris Bosh (not homer pick)
C: Dwight Howard

PG- Chris Paul (Just over Deron Williams)
SG- Dwayne Wade(I really do think he's better than Kobe he just doesn't have the same supporting cast, oh and lets not forget about Joe Johnson)
SF- Lebron James(I do think Carmelo is close though)
PF- Dirk Nowitzki (KG is old, Bosh is too unproven, Pau doesn't have the outside game Dirk brings)
C- Dwight Howard (I'm surprised this is even up for debate.)

PG- Steve Nash. He's had a ridiculous season so far.
SG- Dwayne Wade
SF- Lebron James
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard. Agreeing that is shouldn't even be up for debate ATM.

SG- Dwayne Wade(I really do think he's better than Kobe he just doesn't have the same supporting cast, oh and lets not forget about Joe Johnson)
^^^Your on crack.

PG- LeBron James
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF-Dwight Howard
C- Yao Ming

Thats my all NBA-team.. Yes LeBron James at point guard. He's not a point guard you say? Yeah who has the most assists on the Cavs and handles the ball :-P. For the record, I would put Deron Williams as the best "pure" point guard, followed by Chauncey Billups, Chris Paul, then Tony Parker.

Duncan is a PF anyways, only plays C when then need him to. In fact they Spurs insisted he's on the Allstar Ballot as a PF exclusively.
More like Duncan is a C listed as a PF so he can have a better shot at starting the All-Star game. Who defends the paint, blocks shots, scores in the low post, rebounds, etc. for the Spurs? Definitely not Matt Bonner!

My list for this year looks basically the same as everyone else's. At this point, I really don't think you can properly argue a lineup besides Nash / Kobe / LeBron or Carmelo / Dirk / Howard.

Anywho:

Chris Paul
Kobe Bryant
Lebron James
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard

All Time?
Magic Johnson
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Kevin Garnett
Tim Duncan
Obviously you've never watched/payed attention to a Spurs game. Otherwise you'd notice that on defense he's always guarding the opponent's center and on offense lines up as... a center lol

He did play PF during the Twin Tower era (read: David Robinson)

You guys labeling "Deron Williams" and "Andrew Bynum" as your best PG and C respectively, please don't get cute. There's not a damn thing Deron Williams can do better than Chris Paul.

Defense, Leadership, Shooting, Assists, Rebounds, not a damn thing.

And just because Andrew Bynum averages more points than Dwight over the first 1/8 of the NBA season doesn't make him the best center in the league.

And as much as I love Dwyane Wade, you can't say he's better than Kobe even at this point in his career. Kobe currently in his decline is better than Wade in his prime. And we've also seen what Kobe could do in his prime O_o

Dirk has earned the best PF spot because he's improved upon his only weaknesses

A) Defense
B) Toughness
C) Clutch

You guys labeling "Deron Williams" and "Andrew Bynum" as your best PG and C respectively, please don't get cute. There's not a damn thing Deron Williams can do better than Chris Paul.

Defense, Leadership, Shooting, Assists, Rebounds, not a damn thing.
I'll take Deron Williams over Chris Paul any day...

Kobe currently in his decline is better than Wade in his prime
Not so fast.. Kobe's decline is not upon us yet. Still the best in the league...

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
pg-chris paul, i love deron and nash, but paul is indisputably better than deron (just look at those stats) and nash is getting old
sg-dwayne wade, objectively i think hes miles better than kobe, kobe has a better jumper but wade has a better everything else
sf-lebron james, dont think i need to explain this one
pf-tim duncan, man this guy is just a winner and truly amazing
c-dwight howard, the definition of center nowadays

pg-chris paul, i love deron and nash, but paul is indisputably better than deron (just look at those stats) and nash is getting old
sg-dwayne wade, objectively i think hes miles better than kobe, kobe has a better jumper but wade has a better everything else
sf-lebron james, dont think i need to explain this one
pf-tim duncan, man this guy is just a winner and truly amazing
c-dwight howard, the definition of center nowadays
If you think Wade is "miles" better then Kobe then you obviously dont watch basketball =/.... Just look at that Nuggets game in the playoffs when he J'ed a three with Smith all over him (im pretty sure that tied the game in the 4th or gave the Lakers a lead). Maybe Wade gets more steals, but Kobe is by FAR: A better lockup defender, surely a better scorer, and dont get me started on clutchness. Kobe scores when he wants to. Fact: Nobody can shut down Kobe, not even Bowen in his prime

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)