1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by bugmaniacbob, Sep 2, 2012.

1. bugmaniacbob

bugmaniacbob Floats like a Butterfree, stings like a Metapod
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Note that also beats Breloom's Mach Punch, which is just as if not more important, as well as making sure that Choice Scarf Genesect couldn't revenge kill even if it wanted to - and being a cleaner that isn't cracked by these three threats is huge. Not to mention revenge killing utility. That's more than enough to merit priority, really, especially of a kind that doesn't exist anywhere else.

On-topic, though: Froxfire is great and I do very much hope I'm around for the next time you decide to do something like that.

EDIT:
    Well, naturally the concept can be submitted. He's saying that the custom Pokemon "Froxfire" is not an official CAP Pokemon - if properly justified, the fact that the concept can be submitted goes without saying. In fact it's been submitted numerous times in the past.
  2. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Actually, it's cool that you brought up this point. "Hailmon" has been featured in a plethora of previous CAP Concept Submission threads. In fact, it did very well kind of recently in the CAP2 Concept Polls (submitted by Flarephoenix). It's sort of become the "perpetual loser ability" and "the ability we will do when we run out of other ideas." That's why when Flarephoenix yelled "HAILMON" in #cap, we all understood immediately what he meant. It's a ideas that is definitely not unique to concept polls, but it is certainly allowed.

Birk-a-dit: Ninja'd by bmb :<
  3. CiteAndPrune

CiteAndPrune

I love Froxbite already.

If only the regular CAP process could move with speed and efficiency that such a chat discussion does. But the size of the community necessitates sticking to the process... oh well, at least with this, we don't forget that making Pokemon is, at the core, fun, even if we achieve competitive goals in the meantime.

Froxbite itself aside FLARE DASH is an awesome move and absolutely needs to exist sooner or later. Keep it ready for when we eventually decide the days of Scizor and Genesect have come to an end.
  4. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

So, Zebraiken has basically been absent from the Neverused community for eons. To remedy this, I hijacked #neverused tonight and self-imposed myself as the new NU leader. With my newfound powers, I banned Snow Warning (thanks to MMF) and Zangoose (thanks to Molk). They said the metagame was perfect at that point, but I was not convinced. NU needed something more. So, in traditional Birkal fashion, we made a fakemon :>

The process started with me asking what the NU players wanted. They said something bulky that played a more defensive role in NU, but had some power to go offensive if needed. At that point, we pretty much started throwing out suggestions and ran with whatever was most popular. We wanted a spinner and a hazards setter, primarily, but also some bulk. We also liked the idea of making a Pokemon that could paralyze Golurk, so that's where the new move comes in. Flavor wise, we talked about doing a salamander, but that got shot down because of Toxicroak. Someone said box jellyfish at some point, which turned into boxer jellyfish, and we all had a good laugh. We decided to run with that theme throughout all the flavor, from the custom move to the Pokedex entries.

We spent about an hour and a half on this, so I feel that we made pretty good time. Key contributors include Molk, MMF, EBeast, Fusxfaranto, DTC, wiitle. Special shout out goes to ium for doing the art for this on an incredibly short notice. Big ups to Molk too for sorting out the general learnset once we had picked the moves. This, like Froxbite, won't be added on the simulator, but I know that the NU chaps want to take Cnidali into their forum for a bit of theorymon. Enjoy!

Cnidali - The Boxer Fish Pokemon
    Pronunciation: Nigh - dah - lee

Typing:
    Poison / Fighting

Abilities:
    Regenerator / Stench / Poison Heal (DW)

Stats:
    109 HP / 100 Atk / 85 Def / 40 SpA / 90 SpD / 66 Spe
    BST Total: 490

Art:
    [​IMG]

New Move:
    Sting Jab
    Category: Physical | Type: Poison | BP: 85 | Acc: 100% | PP: 15 (24)
    30% chance to paralyze the target.

Movepool:
    Level Up:

00: Reflect Type
    00: Toxic Spikes
    00: Ember
    00: Bubble
    00: Poison Sting
    04: Arm Thrust
    08: Thunder Wave
    12: Acid
    16: Wrap
    20: Mach Punch
    24: Low Kick
    28: Dizzy Punch
    32: Sting Jab
    36: Circle Throw
    40: Drain Punch
    44: Sucker Punch
    48: Poison Jab
    52: Dynamicpunch
    56: Gunk Shot
    60: Close Combat
    64: Focus Punch

TM/HM:

Toxic
    Bulk Up
    Venoshock
    Hidden Power
    Taunt
    Hyper Beam
    Protect
    Rain Dance
    Safeguard
    Frustration
    Thunderbolt
    Return
    Brick Break
    Double Team
    Sludge Wave
    Sludge Bomb
    Torment
    Facade
    Flame Charge
    Rest
    Attract
    Thief
    Low Sweep
    Round
    Echoed Voice
    Focus Blast
    False Swipe
    Scald
    Fling
    Quash
    Explosion
    Payback
    Retaliate
    Giga Impact
    Flash
    Stone Edge
    Thunder Wave
    Psych Up
    Rock Slide
    Work Up
    Poison Jab
    Swagger
    Substitute
    Wild Charge
    Rock Smash
    Waterfall
    Strength
    Dive

Egg:

Haze (From Blastoise)
    Aqua Jet (From Lots)
    Rapid Spin (From Blastoise)
    Hypnosis (From Poliwag family)
    Circle Throw (From Poliwrath)
    Pain Split (From Stunfisk)
    Water Spout (From Octillery and Wailord)
    Octozooka (From Octillery)
    Toxic Spikes (From Qwilfish)
    Crunch (From Crawdaunt)

Tutor:

Drain Punch
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch
    Thunderpunch
    Stealth Rock
    Pain Split
    Bounce
    Uproar
    Dual Chop
    Low Kick
    Gunk Shot
    Magic Coat
    Block
    Electroweb
    Foul Play
    Superpower
    Dark Pulse
    Bind
    Snore
    Knock Off
    Gastro Acid
    Spite
    Sleep Talk
    Endeavor
    Snatch

Pokedex Entries:
    Black: It has evolved over millions of years to be able to live outside of water. Its fists are laced with toxins and are used to fight off predators.

White: Notorious for setting up underground boxing matches against other Cnidali, many Pokemon come to their arenas to cast bets.

B2W2: It has been known to suck the fluids out of sea cucumbers for a quick and tasty treat.

Memorable Quotes:

<+ium> jellicent meet your cousin
    <~Jellicent> oh, eww
    <~Jellicent> i'm not gonna incest with it, if that's what you were trying to do

01:19 Wyverii If CaP's a professional laboratory then Birkal's the shady dude with a homemade lab around the back of an alley.

Zebraiken: i have been absent for less than 24 hours >:(
    NinjaStars likes this.
  5. Molk

Molk rip houndoom
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Co-Leader

So this was pretty fun ^.^. I have to contribute to these kinds of things more often!

Anyways, i have one sole concern about Cnidali, and thats what tier it would end up in realistically, we were initially going to try and make it a good NU Pokemon, but we got a little bit crazy with the movepool and gave it a few moves that might end up with it moving up a tier or two (rapid spin for example), we also started off with a very good typing, which further hurts its chances of staying NU imo.

So my question is: Do you guys think that Cnidali staying NU for more than 3 months would be realistic? If not, where to do you think the Boxing Jellyfish would end up? If so, how do you think Cnidali would affect the metagame? Do you think it would drastically affect the usage of any important pokemon?

Also, what sets do you think Cnidali would be able to effectively run? Its pretty bulky and has access to Bulk Up+Drain Punch, so i think its most popular set would be Bulk Up, Followed by a support set with some combination of Drain Punch, Haze, Circle Throw, Rapid Spin, Thunder Wave, Sting Jab, Toxic Spikes, Stealth Rock (who the hell added that? .-.) and Knock Off. What do you think?
  6. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

wait did we seriously give poison heal to a pokemon that can't even be poisoned

lmao

anyway, this was created with an NU perspective which had a few things in mind:
    we wanted something cool that could check sawk and wasn't hampered by knock off (which flcl brought up on irc earlier today) or affected by the current hail metagame. sawk's three would-be hard counters: musharna, misdreavus, and duosion are screwed due to one of these reasons.
    that is where the bulky poison-type idea came in. although it may be caught by sawk's earthquake, which does not make it a counter, it has something else over other checks: regenerator. cnidali having regenerator means it isn't worn down as easily over the course of the match in comparison to garbodor.

i really don't know where the support stuff came from, but apparently someone said a rapid spin user not weak to stealth rock and not sub-par like wartortle would be cool so i guess that's where it was thrown in. we did exclude spikes from its moveset, but being able to reliably set up hazards due to regenerator is something that would be appreciated in higher tiers. i don't think that something like this could stay in NU for a long time.
  7. Friar

Friar

I think you guys did quite a good job with this fakemon flavor wise (Regenerator, etc), but don't think there is any way this thing would end up sticking around in NU. Great bulk + Regenerator, solid Attack, and a good typing and movepool just make this thing too good. If this were real, it would just replace Gurdurr, already a great NU mon, as gaining a Ground weakness seems a small price to pay for more resists and Regenerator. It can even run the exact same set Gurdurr does because it has access to Mach Punch. I think this would be a great RU pokemon because it struggles against a lot of the powerhouses in that tier (Nidoqueen, Cress, Moltres), but also has the tools to combat some other other threats (Grass types).

In terms of sets I think the standard would be Substitute / Bulk Up / (Circle Throw or Drain Punch) / (Crunch or Sting Jab), with Regenerator as the ability and a bias towards Special Defense. The way this set would really shine is if you had either hazards up or a Pursuiter (luckily Skuntank synergizes well). You can sub up for "free" because you have Regenerator and just phaze around and stack hazard damage on the opposing team. When a counter comes in, like Musharna or Ghosts, you can either Crunch to weaken them if you have it, go to your Pursuiter, or if behind a sub just phaze to weaken everything further. As a bonus, this set thrashes standard Regenerator cores.
    Feskit likes this.
  8. srk1214

srk1214 Goddess of Light
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Mentor

Yeah, this is not NU. nuff said.

How many things have this much mixed bulk in NU? Maybe 10. How many of those also have an attacking stat 100 or higher? Just Throh and Musharna.

It's basically got slightly better bulk than Amoonguss, the only really fair comparison given Regnerator and mixed bulk. True, it lacks Spore, but it can actually do stuff offensively.

I see a max spdef Bulk Up, Drain Punch, Waterfall (Ice Punch?), Sucker Punch set doing WERKKKKK on NU.
  9. DTC

DTC ˢᵉʳᶦᵒᵘˢ
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

I really wish we didn't give it so much bulk. We had a fine spread when it was 110 / 100 / 75 / 40 / 75 / 66, but of course we HAD to give it even more bulk...

Anyways, it was a fun Pokemon to create! Props to anyone who saw the hidden message in one of the pokedex entries. ;)
  10. Sewa

Sewa

Rule n° 1: Do not talk about Cnidalis.
    Rule n° 2: Do NOT talk about Cnidalis.
  11. Kadew

Kadew Shamed.
    is an Artist

This thread needs some more stupid CAP-related artwork.

Thankfully, I happen to have a frequent impulse to make really stupid CAP-related "art."

[​IMG]

First on the menu for today, some hot necturna x mollux shipping. Ought to be everyone's OTP, just look at that chemistry!

[​IMG]

Next on the plate is the wonderful result of a typo, close wombat. Shoulda pared back aurumoth's movepool folks. THIS is the reason for overpoweredness. Look at that evil glow in those eyes. Physical fighting coverage spawned by the devil itself. As a furry headmarsupial.

[​IMG]

And finally, for our dessert course, the terrible monstrosity of pistachio-mustachio-moth. Pistachio-shell-wing garnish generously included.
  12. Black Osprey

Black Osprey

Wow, I really like that Pokémon, especially how punny he is, as well as his awesome type. But there's zero chance that would say NU for long.
  13. Quanyails

Quanyails
    is an Artistis a Community Contributor

Well, since Kadew's started the trend, I might as well add the CAP doodles I made one day onto here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some are sketchier and apply more stylistic changes than others.

Oh, I should also post that potential cry for Mollux inspired by an IRC session. Part of that recording is from Birkal.
  14. Objection

Objection

Excuse me while I flagrantly flout these rules.

Did you guys ever come up with a height/weight for Cnidali? Not that either is especially important, but I'm just a curious guy.
  15. SgtWoodsy

SgtWoodsy

There's been a white elephant in CAP for years. Two, in fact. So, we made a thing. Sorry Yilx.

Inspired by http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4422561&postcount=302, we present:

CHAMEREON
    The Chameleon Pokémon

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Concept:
    A chameleon with Multitype (OU Arceus)

Typing:
    Normal

Ability:
    Multitype
    Color Change (DW)

Stats:
    119/71/111/69/109/51

Egg Groups:
    Field / Dragon

Height: 2'2"
    Weight: 22.5lb.

Movepool:
    Level-up Moves:
    1. Lick
    1. Tail Whip
    5. Quick Attack
    9. Foresight
    13. Copycat
    17. Glare
    21. Secret Power
    25. Camouflage
    29. Mean Look
    33. Body Slam
    37. Slack Off
    41. Stockpile/Swallow/Spit Up
    45. Crunch
    49. Double-Edge
    53. Coil
    57. Power Whip
    61. Hyper Beam

TM Moves:
    TM1. Hone Claws
    TM4. Calm Mind
    TM5. Roar
    TM6. Toxic
    TM10. Hidden Power
    TM11. Sunny Day
    TM13. Ice Beam
    TM15. Hyper Beam
    TM16. Light Screen
    TM17. Protect
    TM18. Rain Dance
    TM20. Safeguard
    TM21. Frustration
    TM24. Thunderbolt
    TM27. Return
    TM30. Shadow Ball
    TM31. Brick Break
    TM32. Double Team
    TM33. Reflect
    TM35. Flamethrower
    TM39. Rock Tomb
    TM40. Aerial Ace
    TM42. Facade
    TM44. Rest
    TM45. Attract
    TM48. Round
    TM49. Echoed Voice
    TM52. Focus Blast
    TM54. False Swipe
    TM56. Fling
    TM59. Incinerate
    TM65. Shadow Claw
    TM66. Payback
    TM68. Giga Impact
    TM70. Flash
    TM74. Gyro Ball
    TM77. Psych Up
    TM78. Bulldoze
    TM80. Rock Slide
    TM82. Dragon Tail
    TM83. Work Up
    TM84. Poison Jab
    TM87. Swagger
    TM90. Substitute
    TM94. Rock Smash
    HM1. Cut
    HM4. Strength

Tutor Moves:
    Covet
    Bounce
    Signal Beam
    Gunk Shot
    Last Resort
    Iron Tail
    Aqua Tail
    Zen Headbutt
    Foul Play
    Superpower
    Bind
    Snore
    Heal Bell
    Knock Off
    Helping Hand
    After You
    Wonder Room
    Sleep Talk
    Snatch

Egg Moves:
    Dragon Rush
    Reflect Type
    Cross Chop
    Wring Out
    Hex
    Captivate
    Defense Curl
    Amnesia
    Weather Ball

Pokédex
    Black: Chamereon learned how to camouflage itself by watching Cloyster do it in the ocean.
    White: Chamereon entertain themselves by swinging from branch to branch with their ropy tongues.
    B2/W2: Chamereon can blend into any surrounding, but its misshapen legs and awkward gait give it away to predators.
    X/Y: It's illusory demeanor has no guard against the fact that this is, in fact, a weakly armored insect Pokemon.

Supporting Art
    http://puu.sh/1dwez
    http://puu.sh/1f9I7
    http://puu.sh/1reJP
  16. Yilx

Yilx Sad
    is an Artistis a Smogon IRC AOP

Posting just to say I fully approve of Chamereon
  17. Eagle4

Eagle4

The ENTIRE log, for anybody who's actually interested.

Show Hide
    February 3, 2013

23:08 Quanyails: o3o
    23:09 Quanyails: Neat program!
    23:09 Kadew: 3
    23:09 Kadew: I like this program
    23:09 Quanyails: I am almost done spriting the lineart.
    23:09 Quanyails: I'm trying to keep much of the derp of it.
    23:09 Kadew: I am almost done laughing so much I can't hold my pen trying to draw it
    23:09 Deck Knight: Ah.
    23:13 Quanyails: I'll be curious as to how dissimilar the sprite and drawing are. :P
    23:13 Kadew: super dissimilar
    23:13 Kadew: I'm trying to stylize it a touch
    23:13 Kadew: rather than keep it carbon-copy
    23:13 Kadew: I'm keeping the wonky proportions, though
    23:14 SgtWoodsy: good
    23:14 SgtWoodsy: thank you
    23:17 Eagle4: Aa i can't work with pirate pad
    23:17 Quanyails: So, uh, wait, what are its stats?
    23:17 SgtWoodsy: defensive
    23:17 SgtWoodsy: reasonably defensive
    23:18 SgtWoodsy: according to jas
    23:18 jas61292: I like Korski's alteration of 119/71/111/69/109/51
    23:18 Timeblaze: That looks nice.
    23:18 Eagle4: Good stats :)
    23:20 jas61292: So... we just need movepool
    23:20 Eagle4: and pokedex submissions :P
    23:20 Eagle4: although that's flavour
    23:21 jas61292: Well, what say you all on recovery?
    23:21 Timeblaze: This seems really similar to Kecleon.
    23:21 Eagle4: yes, recovery
    23:21 Timeblaze: Is it an evolution? Or no?
    23:21 jas61292: I don't think so
    23:22 Timeblaze: What sets the two apart? Aside from the obvious inclusion of Multitype.
    23:22 Kadew: its an evolution in the way that alomomola was an evo of luvdisc
    23:22 Kadew: in that it is the same base idea and very similar
    23:22 Timeblaze: ...right.
    23:22 Kadew: but not related evolutionarily
    23:23 Deck Knight: It's the Plusle/Minun/Emolga/Pachirisu to our Pikachu
    23:23 jas61292: So I say give it Slack Off for recovery
    23:23 Korski: yes slack off
    23:23 Kadew: should we get some movepool ideas for discussed/allowed/disallowed lists?
    23:24 Eagle4: what do you guys say about defense curl?
    23:24 Deck Knight: Roost would be cooler for Flying Chamereon
    23:24 Kadew: roost is such bad flavor :P
    23:24 Korski: give it calm mind and coil
    23:24 Kadew: I like coil idea
    23:24 Timeblaze: Is Chamereon going to actually be it's name?
    23:25 Kadew: YES
    23:25 jas61292: Coil seems cool
    23:25 Kadew: should we be sure it gets a stab for every type?
    23:25 jas61292: Nah
    23:25 Korski: judgment yo
    23:26 Eagle4: Leaf blade?
    23:26 Timeblaze: Wait, can we base it off of Jackson's Chameleon?
    23:26 Kadew: I want to see if we can do without judgment
    23:26 Timeblaze: Kecleon is based off of the Veiled Chameleon.
    23:26 Korski: 69 SpA...
    23:26 jas61292: Power Whip seems cool for grass coverage
    23:26 jas61292: And makes sense
    23:27 jas61292: Seeing as Lickilicky gest it
    23:27 Kadew: if it has power whip it doesn't need leaf blade
    23:27 Eagle4: yeah, power whip definitely
    23:27 jas61292: yeah
    23:27 Eagle4: no leaf blade
    23:27 SgtWoodsy: well since this thing has multitype
    23:27 SgtWoodsy: shouldn't it have a giant movepool
    23:27 Korski: it should have some standard support options
    23:28 jas61292: Yeah. It should have plenty of options. But not everything
    23:28 Kadew: being normal type, it should get the elemental beams
    23:28 Kadew: and random surf capability
    23:28 Eagle4: Extreme Speed?
    23:28 jas61292: makes sense to me
    23:28 jas61292: not e-speed
    23:28 Timeblaze: If it's based off of Jackson's Chameleon, it could learn Megahorn.
    23:28 jas61292: the beams
    23:28 Eagle4: Baton Pass?
    23:28 Korski: spikes
    23:29 jas61292: I have no problem with any of the beam like things
    23:29 Kadew: I don't think chamereon is horny enough to use megahorn
    23:29 jas61292: Its SpA isn't that great anyways
    23:29 Timeblaze: >_>
    23:29 Kadew: any disagreement with the elemental beams?
    23:29 Timeblaze: Nope.
    23:29 Eagle4: ope
    23:29 Eagle4: nope*
    23:30 Eagle4: What about elemental fangs?
    23:30 Kadew: fangs are weak and lame
    23:30 Kadew: horn attack is mroe of a flavor move
    23:30 Timeblaze: I don't think chameleons have very strong bites.
    23:30 Kadew: since return beats it in every whay
    23:30 Kadew: *way
    23:30 jas61292: What about the stronger version of those moves: Fire Blast, Blizzard and Thunder?
    23:31 jas61292: Also: Shadow Ball?
    23:31 Kadew: not thunder, nothing that makes it another good rain mon
    23:31 Korski: i say no to mighty beams
    23:31 Eagle4: Iron tail?
    23:31 Kadew: I'd be okay with blizzard, for hail maybe
    23:31 Timeblaze: Surf?
    23:31 jas61292: Iron Tail seems fine
    23:32 Kadew: ahaha
    23:32 Eagle4: oh haha
    23:32 Timeblaze: Oh, now look what you've done.
    23:32 Kadew: I see no reason for shadowball
    23:32 Kadew: rather, no reason to not allow it
    23:32 jas61292: What about....
    23:32 jas61292: Gunk Shot?
    23:33 Kadew: it's pretty standard for normal types to have, lets its ghot type have a move
    23:33 Kadew: gunk shot okay, sort of makes me think of chameleon tongue
    23:33 Timeblaze: ...Stealth Rock?
    23:33 Timeblaze: Kecleon gets it.
    23:33 Eagle4: Dragon Tail?
    23:33 Kadew: everything and its mum got stealth rock 4th gen
    23:34 Timeblaze: True.
    23:34 Korski: let's stick to attacking moves for now
    23:34 Timeblaze: Ooh, what about Dragon Claw and Dragon Rush?
    23:34 Kadew: I agree
    23:34 Korski: for organization's sake
    23:34 Eagle4: Dragon Tail would fit in nicely with Iron Tal
    23:34 jas61292: I support Dragon Rush and Dragon Tail for only Dragon coverage
    23:34 Eagle4: yes
    23:34 SgtWoodsy: yep
    23:35 Eagle4: agreed
    23:35 SgtWoodsy: ahaha
    23:35 SgtWoodsy: the chamereon sprite
    23:35 SgtWoodsy: awesome
    23:35 Quanyails: :)
    23:35 jas61292: Nice
    23:35 Timeblaze: Not sure what to think about that sprite.
    23:35 SgtWoodsy: wait
    23:35 SgtWoodsy: where's yilx
    23:35 Quanyails: I should make its back legs more sprawled.
    23:35 SgtWoodsy: i feel kinda bad for making this without yilx
    23:35 jas61292: Hmm... what about Psychic?
    23:35 Kadew: zen headbutt
    23:36 jas61292: Good idea
    23:36 Eagle4: Pursuit/Knock Off?
    23:36 Kadew: those are more support moves than attacking
    23:36 Kadew: well, pursuit yeah
    23:36 jas61292: Crunch?
    23:36 Kadew: what of crunch?
    23:36 Timeblaze: Sucker Punch?
    23:36 Korski: body slam and crunch
    23:36 jas61292: Oh yeah, body slam
    23:37 Eagle4: agreeing with sucker punch
    23:37 jas61292: Sucker Punch I'd be cool with
    23:37 jas61292: Now, what of fighting coverage?
    23:37 Timeblaze: Brick Break, Superpower?
    23:38 Korski: cross chop
    23:38 Korski: for coil sets
    23:38 jas61292: I'd say those and Focus Blast
    23:38 Timeblaze: Which ones?
    23:38 jas61292: All. Cross Chop is odd flavor, but it would be cool for coil
    23:39 Eagle4: Low Sweep or Cross Chop
    23:39 Kadew: neither, I think we have enough fighting with those
    23:39 SgtWoodsy: yes
    23:39 Eagle4: i'm happy with focus blast
    23:39 SgtWoodsy: i think we're well covered for fighting moves
    23:39 Timeblaze: Right.
    23:40 Timeblaze: How about Normal moves?
    23:40 Eagle4: on to flying ;)
    23:40 Timeblaze: Or Flying.
    23:40 jas61292: Acrobatics
    23:40 jas61292: And Aerial Ace
    23:40 Timeblaze: Yes, that definitely works.
    23:40 Eagle4: Bounce
    23:41 Eagle4: I'm not happy with superpower being on here
    23:42 Timeblaze: So, what will this thing accomplish competitively, exactly?
    23:42 jas61292: Anyone have problems with Bounce?
    23:42 Korski: bounce is extranneous
    23:42 Eagle4: i don't ;)
    23:43 Korski: unless you are toxic stalling or something?
    23:43 SgtWoodsy: it's ou arceus
    23:43 SgtWoodsy: apparently
    23:43 SgtWoodsy: it looks reasonably defensive
    23:43 jas61292: Well, its a flying STAB that works like Body Slam
    23:43 Timeblaze: What about Acrobatics?
    23:44 Eagle4: no not dragon pulse
    23:44 Eagle4: dragon breath maybe
    23:44 Mos-Quitoxe: right then
    23:44 Kadew: dragon breath would be flavor if anything
    23:44 Mos-Quitoxe: what's this crazy setup
    23:44 Deck Knight: Dragonbreath wouldn't be on an allowed list since it isn't VGM
    23:44 Kadew: the best kind of crazy
    23:44 Eagle4: oh okay
    23:44 Timeblaze: This party's getting crazy
    23:44 Kadew: so many colors in the chat
    23:45 Timeblaze: Hey hey hey
    23:45 Mos-Quitoxe: I'd contribute, but my dirty dirty brown would literally soil your rainbow
    23:45 jas61292: You could change your color...
    23:45 Eagle4: no not blizzard or thunder
    23:45 Mos-Quitoxe: I know
    23:45 Mos-Quitoxe: *lame excuses*
    23:45 Eagle4: it doesn't fit in at all
    23:46 Timeblaze: Shadow Sneak?
    23:46 Korski: weather ball preempts my hydro pump suggestion
    23:46 Timeblaze: Hydro Pump is a bit much.
    23:46 Fusxfaranto: weather ball is good
    23:47 Timeblaze: Well, he can learn tail moves, so that'd work.
    23:47 Eagle4: aa i was about to suggest aqua tail
    23:47 Deck Knight: Chamereon is a tailed beast
    23:47 jas61292: Oh, what about ground and rock moves?
    23:47 Eagle4: ninja'd by deck knight
    23:47 jas61292: EQ?
    23:47 Deck Knight: I can Ninja even in Pirate Pad
    23:48 Eagle4: rock slide?
    23:48 Timeblaze: What about Dark Pulse?
    23:48 Korski: rock slide and bulldoze
    23:48 jas61292: Sounds good
    23:48 Deck Knight: Indeed
    23:48 Eagle4: agreeing with korski
    23:48 Eagle4: Belly Drum? :D
    23:49 Fusxfaranto: yes
    23:49 Timeblaze: We're focusing on attacking moves at the moment.
    23:49 Timeblaze: ...String Shot?
    23:49 Fusxfaranto: string shot, definitely a cgm
    23:49 Fusxfaranto: *vgm
    23:49 jas61292: Explosion....?
    23:49 Eagle4: no
    23:49 Timeblaze: How on earth would it use Explosion?
    23:49 Deck Knight: lol Exploding Chamereon
    23:49 jas61292: Quick Attack?
    23:49 Mos-Quitoxe: where the hell is lick?
    23:50 Kadew: its trunk looks pretty swollen, id think it could explode
    23:50 Mos-Quitoxe: it explodes from appendicitis
    23:50 Eagle4: I still want leaf blade :(
    23:50 Fusxfaranto: selfdestruct at least
    23:50 Mos-Quitoxe: no-one ever said it had to be a fiery explosion
    23:50 Kadew: if lickilicki can explode I think this could
    23:50 Timeblaze: Selfdestruct would be fine.
    23:51 Deck Knight: Lickilicki has Explosive Flatulence
    23:51 Eagle4: please, no explosion or self-destruct
    23:51 jas61292: Final Gambit :>
    23:51 Eagle4: EVERYBODY suggests final gambit in movepools i've noticed
    23:51 Kadew: chamereon isn't ninja enough for final gambit
    23:52 jas61292: Seriously though, what about priority moves?
    23:52 Mos-Quitoxe: it would imply that it could formulate non-final gambits
    23:52 Eagle4: Pursuit?
    23:52 Timeblaze: What about X-Scissor?
    23:52 Mos-Quitoxe: and it certainly can't do that, not with those wall-eyes.
    23:52 Fusxfaranto: give it bullet punch ;3
    23:52 Timeblaze: Or maybe Signal Beam.
    23:52 Korski: priority is going to be lackluster i bet
    23:52 Kadew: can't punch with those skinny arms
    23:52 Mos-Quitoxe: lick lick lick
    23:52 Mos-Quitoxe: it's what chameleons DO
    23:52 jas61292: I say give it Quick Attack.
    23:52 Timeblaze: Aqua Jet!?
    23:52 Kadew: custom move: quick lick
    23:53 Deck Knight: Yeah,
    23:53 Mos-Quitoxe: also good
    23:53 Kadew: takes on the type it currently is
    23:53 Deck Knight: NO CUSTOM ANYTHING ROAAAARRG
    23:53 Mos-Quitoxe: that's better
    23:53 SgtWoodsy: there
    23:53 SgtWoodsy: lick
    23:53 Korski: lick will be in the movepool
    23:53 Mos-Quitoxe: thank ye
    23:53 jas61292: Anything else anyone can think of for attacking moves?
    23:53 SgtWoodsy: so uh
    23:54 SgtWoodsy: custom judgement?
    23:54 Eagle4: Knock off
    23:54 Kadew: How does it punch with those skinny arms?
    23:54 Kadew: or focus for that matter
    23:54 Timeblaze: I dunno about this thing focusing
    23:54 Korski: umm poison jab / gunk shot
    23:54 Mos-Quitoxe: it punches with elastic tongue action of coruse
    23:54 Timeblaze: That's stretching it.
    23:54 Deck Knight: It turns its tongue into a fist and punches with that!
    23:54 Kadew: gyro ball?
    23:55 Mos-Quitoxe: it's not even round kadew
    23:55 Kadew: yeah it is http://i.imgur.com/tzfED.jpg
    23:55 Kadew: that's pretty round body to me
    23:55 Kadew: it's ellipse tool for goodness sake
    23:55 Eagle4: KNOCK OFF
    23:55 Kadew: that's a non-attacking move
    23:55 Mos-Quitoxe: too many appendages
    23:55 Mos-Quitoxe: like heads and tails
    23:55 Timeblaze: Hey, how about Hex?
    23:55 Timeblaze: It's japanese name is Evil Eye.
    23:56 Mos-Quitoxe: you can tell I resent bronzor and bronzong knowing the move
    23:56 Fusxfaranto: hex is cool
    23:56 Timeblaze: And those are some scary eyes.
    23:56 Timeblaze: What about Normal attacks besides Return?
    23:56 Eagle4: crush grip
    23:57 Eagle4: okay, enough attacking moves...
    23:57 Korski: it already has body slam
    23:57 Fusxfaranto: wrap?
    23:58 Timeblaze: Strength? Facade?
    23:58 Timeblaze: Hyper Voice?
    23:58 Eagle4: Ninja'd by kadew this time
    23:58 Korski: i'm comfortable with this list of attacks
    23:58 Eagle4: and no hyper voice lol
    23:58 Kadew: Yeah I'd say this is big enough
    23:58 Eagle4: agreed
    23:58 Fusxfaranto: yeah this looks good
    23:58 Timeblaze: It looks good as i-
    23:58 Timeblaze: ...as is.
    23:58 Kadew: HIDDEN POWER
    23:59 Mos-Quitoxe: this is a fucken' bloated list
    23:59 Eagle4: Yup
    23:59 Timeblaze: Okay, that's good.
    23:59 Kadew: wait till you see non-attacking moves
    23:59 Timeblaze: Deck Knight, stop

February 4, 2013

0:00 Deck Knight: So, no Ancient Power then?
    0:00 Fusxfaranto: lol
    0:00 Mos-Quitoxe: can't be too similar to kecleon
    0:00 paint: did you guys just remake Kecleon?
    0:00 paint: ew bad colour
    0:01 jas61292: Not at all
    0:01 Kadew: We have rebuilt Keckleon
    0:01 Timeblaze: It's to Kecleon what Alomomola is to Luvdisc.
    0:01 Kadew: better than it was before
    0:01 Fusxfaranto: it's a cross between kecleon and arceus
    0:01 Deck Knight: We have the technology
    0:01 Kadew: better, stronger, faster
    0:01 Mos-Quitoxe: we ha-damn ninja knight
    0:01 paint: haha
    0:01 Kadew: Deck Kninja strikes again!
    0:01 jas61292: Cosmic Power?
    0:01 Korski: give it screens
    0:02 Eagle4: anybody object to stockpile?
    0:02 Kadew: no
    0:02 Fusxfaranto: well now it needs swallow and spit up
    0:02 jas61292: What are people's thoughts on T-Wave?
    0:02 Kadew: it already has glare
    0:02 Kadew: which + coil would be pretty okay
    0:03 Kadew: hows about mean look?
    0:03 Timeblaze: Stealth Rock?
    0:03 Fusxfaranto: definitely mean look
    0:03 Eagle4: it's too derpy to look mean
    0:03 Kadew: what about lovely kiss~
    0:03 Mos-Quitoxe: but it looks scary
    0:03 jas61292: No sleep moves
    0:03 jas61292: Wisp?
    0:03 Timeblaze: Hone Claws!
    0:04 Eagle4: Toxic Spikes?
    0:04 Kadew: coil > hone claws
    0:04 Kadew: not needed at all
    0:04 jas61292: HC is fine since Coil outclasses
    0:04 Kadew: then it would be a flavor move
    0:04 Kadew: isn't this just for VGM?
    0:04 Fusxfaranto: >tail whip
    0:04 Eagle4: Toxic Spikes?
    0:04 Fusxfaranto: nah
    0:05 Kadew: this thing has way too many options to be thinking hazards too
    0:05 jas61292: Roar?
    0:05 Fusxfaranto: yes
    0:05 Eagle4: yes
    0:05 Korski: it should have spikes
    0:05 Deck Knight: CAP Principle: Design by Committee sucks
    0:05 Eagle4: no hyper beam
    0:05 Eagle4: no giga impact
    0:05 Deck Knight: Like Skarmory!
    0:05 Timeblaze: What do you mean, no Hyper Beam/Giga Impact?
    0:06 Timeblaze: Is this thing fully evolved?
    0:06 Kadew: corollary: design by committe is what makes us matter
    0:06 SgtWoodsy: yeah
    0:06 Eagle4: Swagger?
    0:06 Deck Knight: But our committee is not nearly fat enough
    0:06 Kadew: chamereon has swag
    0:06 Timeblaze: Then it gets Hyper Beam/Giga Impact.
    0:06 Timeblaze: It's already on the attacking moves list.
    0:06 Eagle4: Baton Pass?
    0:07 Fusxfaranto: sure
    0:07 jas61292: I'd say no to BP. it would pass Coils too easily
    0:07 Eagle4: Man this movepool is massive
    0:07 Kadew: Yeah no bp
    0:07 Quanyails: Updated sprite.
    0:07 Timeblaze: Calm Mind? Bulk Up?
    0:07 Fusxfaranto: ooh we need to give it foul play
    0:07 Kadew: I'm not sure on willowisp either
    0:07 Quanyails: Still have to fix up tail.
    0:08 jas61292: Looking good
    0:08 Eagle4: Heal Bell?
    0:08 Kadew: yes calm mind no bulk up
    0:08 Kadew: give it a special option
    0:08 jas61292: Wisp might be too good
    0:08 Kadew: but it has coil
    0:08 Eagle4: no wisp
    0:08 Eagle4: I don't know if heal bell would be too much
    0:08 Deck Knight: Spore...
    0:08 jas61292: no
    0:08 Eagle4: no not spore
    0:09 jas61292: Heal Bell could be interesting
    0:09 Kadew: sing!
    0:09 Deck Knight: Grasswhistle
    0:09 jas61292: Could make a nice cleric
    0:09 paint: chameleons don't make noises
    0:09 Eagle4: we've got yawn
    0:09 Timeblaze: Rain Dance? Sunny Day? Hail? Sandstorm?
    0:09 Fusxfaranto: nah no weather
    0:09 Deck Knight: Every Normal mon has Sunny Day and Rain Dance.
    0:09 jas61292: Yeah
    0:10 Eagle4: I'd say grasswhistle should be used instead of yawn
    0:10 Fusxfaranto: nevermind then
    0:10 Timeblaze: What about Taunt?
    0:10 Fusxfaranto: no taunt, no torment
    0:10 Timeblaze: I'm currently going over the list of TMs to make a list.
    0:10 Kadew: disable?
    0:10 Deck Knight: Well, there goes me naming my Chamereon Obelisk
    0:10 Fusxfaranto: nah
    0:10 Eagle4: we're now just piling on any non-attacking move :(
    0:10 Kadew: copy-cat
    0:10 Kadew: makes sense for chameleon
    0:11 Deck Knight: Me First
    0:11 Deck Knight: (The move)
    0:11 Eagle4: copy-cat
    0:11 Deck Knight: MIRROR MOVE
    0:11 Eagle4: agreed
    0:11 Kadew: me first says deck kninja
    0:11 Kadew: mirror move is for the birds
    0:11 Deck Knight: Yeah, but I'm the reason Stun Spore is on Cyclohm, sooo....
    0:11 jas61292: I think this looks good
    0:12 Kadew: needs quiver dance
    0:12 Eagle4: so no copycat?
    0:12 jas61292: Who wants to organize it all into a movepool?
    0:12 Eagle4: ah
    0:12 Deck Knight: Shell Smash
    0:12 Timeblaze: I'm currently doing TMs
    0:13 Kadew: who went and made this the #yoloswag pokemon? >:|
    0:13 jas61292: :\
    0:13 Timeblaze: Dumb question, but should this thing get Attract?
    0:13 Eagle4: NO
    0:13 Fusxfaranto: yes
    0:13 Kadew: its already on there
    0:13 Timeblaze: Alright
    0:13 Eagle4: I MEAN YES
    0:13 Kadew: and every gendered poke has it
    0:13 Kadew: plus poor cyrogonal
    0:13 Timeblaze: Larvesta
    0:13 Timeblaze: Ferroseed
    0:14 jas61292: Almost every.
    0:14 jas61292: Not Nincada, iirc
    0:14 Timeblaze: False Swipe?
    0:14 jas61292: sure
    0:15 Timeblaze: Shadow Claw?
    0:16 Quanyails: All righty, I hope I can focus here more now that the sprite is nearing a final draft.
    0:16 Mos-Quitoxe: I bet that cryogonal was going to be gendered and they forgot to edit out attract
    0:16 jas61292: I'm fine with Shadow Claw. Don't know about anyone else
    0:16 Eagle4: looks great :)
    0:16 Eagle4: agreeing with shadow claw
    0:16 Quanyails: I'm okay with Shadow Claw. :P
    0:16 Eagle4: DRAGON CLAW
    0:17 Eagle4: jks
    0:17 Timeblaze: Gyro Ball? Swords Dance?
    0:17 jas61292: No SD
    0:17 Eagle4: we've got gyro ball
    0:17 Eagle4: no SD
    0:17 Timeblaze: Okay
    0:17 Deck Knight: Tail Glow
    0:17 jas61292: ....
    0:17 Eagle4: no
    0:18 Timeblaze: Work Up? Dream Eater?
    0:18 jas61292: Dream Eater!
    0:18 Eagle4: no, we;ve got enough moves :/
    0:18 Timeblaze: Hey, I'm just going over the TMs. >_>
    0:18 Fusxfaranto: yes work up, no dream eater
    0:19 Deck Knight: Heh, funny thought
    0:19 jas61292: Someone should make a level up movepool
    0:19 Timeblaze: I've got one yes for Work Up, and a yes and a no for Dream Eater.
    0:19 paint: can't believe we're making Chamereon without Yilx :\
    0:19 Timeblaze: What do the rest of you say?
    0:19 Deck Knight: I just realized that, technically, all the mons with Secret Power had a Sleep Move to use with Dream Eater.
    0:19 Kadew: yilx will be brokenhearted to hear of this
    0:19 Eagle4: no dream eater
    0:20 Timeblaze: Okay, no Dream Eater. Work Up?
    0:20 Eagle4: fine
    0:20 jas61292: We will dedicate this pokemon to yilx
    0:20 Kadew: In Yilx's memory
    0:21 Eagle4: Is anybody doing chamereon's level up movepool?
    0:21 Eagle4: I'm bad with movepools :(
    0:21 Kadew: it's level up movepool is lvl1 lick
    0:21 Kadew: and then all the vgms that won't fit elsewhere
    0:22 Quanyails: Base it off of Alomomola's increments?
    0:22 jas61292: Nah, that is egg pool
    0:22 Timeblaze: Okay, finalizing the TM list.
    0:22 Eagle4: cool :)
    0:23 Eagle4: also timeblaze, have you edited your dex submissions yet?
    0:23 Timeblaze: I've made a new post.
    0:23 Eagle4: ima go check
    0:23 Timeblaze: Okay, it's ready.
    0:23 Kadew: let's make some dex entries for this
    0:23 Kadew: below moves
    0:23 Timeblaze: We should start deleting all TM moves off of the list.
    0:25 Eagle4: a what's a fly pokemon
    0:25 Timeblaze: Here goes, be ready
    0:26 Timeblaze: I'll work on Tutor moves now
    0:26 Quanyails: Do you mind if I reword the entry at line 132? o3o
    0:27 Kadew: go ahead
    0:27 SgtWoodsy: we're gonna have to talk to yilx about this
    0:27 SgtWoodsy: before submitting
    0:27 jas61292: Why you all so mean to poor delibird?
    0:27 SgtWoodsy: delibird's a piece of shit
    0:27 Kadew: Because that is the way of CAP
    0:27 jas61292: =(
    0:28 paint: guys. all of these dex entries are awesome. use your powers for good for Cupra and Argalis
    0:28 jas61292: Yeah, listen to paint!!
    0:28 Eagle4: kadew, yours is too long
    0:28 Quanyails: Updated the sprite with transparency, if anyone cares. :P
    0:28 paint: the key is to not take them seriously
    0:29 Birkal: lol
    0:29 Birkal: hello team
    0:29 Quanyails: BIRKAL. :D
    0:29 Kadew: Birkal!
    0:29 jas61292: Hello Birkal
    0:29 Deck Knight: Birkal
    0:29 unnamed: Birkal
    0:29 Kadew: skip all the boring and head to the dex entries
    0:29 Birkal: this mon is broken
    0:29 Birkal: lol
    0:29 Quanyails: What do you think so far?
    0:29 Birkal: those defenses + slack off + multitype
    0:29 Timeblaze: We're making Chamereon
    0:29 Birkal: I am very proud
    0:29 Kadew: let's reduce every stat by 30 base
    0:29 Kadew: that shoudl do it
    0:29 Birkal: nahh I am just interested in this mon
    0:30 Birkal: it's gonna tank like crazy
    0:30 Deck Knight: Birkal - become drunk with power. Make out fakemon GROW!
    0:30 Birkal: good move not putting hazards on it though
    0:30 Birkal: this could actually help stall a lot
    0:30 Birkal: I don't think it has any superboffensive sets
    0:30 Birkal: *superb offensive
    0:30 SgtWoodsy: i have created something good
    0:30 jas61292: Yeah. Not really that strong
    0:30 SgtWoodsy: i am very proud of myself
    0:30 Birkal: Sgt, this isn't yours
    0:30 Birkal: it's not dragon/grass
    0:30 SgtWoodsy: i got this thing started
    0:30 SgtWoodsy: it's mine
    0:31 Birkal: solid
    0:31 Birkal: what is yilx up to; is here here?
    0:31 SgtWoodsy: and i've done very little since since handegg's on
    0:31 paint: Eagle4: "Charmereon often licks its own eyeballs" is perfect
    0:31 SgtWoodsy: no
    0:31 Birkal: lol he will be so proud
    0:31 SgtWoodsy: i feel kinda guilty about it
    0:31 Timeblaze: Okay, I've made a preemptive tutor list
    0:31 Quanyails: Are we doing allcaps or not? o3o
    0:31 Timeblaze: See if there's anything missing, or on that shouldn't be
    0:31 SgtWoodsy: nah
    0:31 SgtWoodsy: there's no more allcaps in pokemon
    0:32 Quanyails: Then I shall make the entries lowercased.
    0:32 Kadew: ALLCAPS
    0:32 Kadew: the superior way of writing
    0:32 Birkal: oh wow, this thing is slow
    0:33 Birkal: jas are we using raw stats or dusk-esque ones
    0:33 paint: I vote we stop doing dex entries now and pick from what we have
    0:33 SgtWoodsy: take your pick
    0:33 jas61292: raw. need that 51 Speed
    0:33 Kadew: what are the level up move levels based on?
    0:33 SgtWoodsy: alternative we can use a mixture
    0:33 Quanyails: Alomomola.
    0:33 SgtWoodsy: on
    0:33 SgtWoodsy: ok*
    0:33 SgtWoodsy: raw
    0:34 jas61292: Need to outspeed Donphan
    0:34 paint: GUYS THATS ENOUGH DEX
    0:34 Birkal: need to outspeed donphan? why
    0:34 Quanyails: Eh, Leer should be later. :P
    0:34 jas61292: Because....
    0:34 Quanyails: Or replaced.
    0:34 Kadew: Never enough dex!
    0:34 jas61292: It just does
    0:34 Birkal: oh it gets power whip
    0:34 Birkal: lol
    0:35 SgtWoodsy: yeah
    0:35 Birkal: I am trying to think of an offensive set I'd used
    0:35 jas61292: And I vote for Birkal's dex entry
    0:35 Birkal: ty jas
    0:35 Deck Knight: Fist Plate Coil/Cross Chop/Slack Off/Shadow Claw
    0:36 Birkal: jas, I'd rather go whatever Ghost Plate is on that set
    0:36 SgtWoodsy: why does this thing have judgement quick attack
    0:36 SgtWoodsy: again
    0:36 Birkal: immunities and more power on shadow claw
    0:36 Kadew: spooky plate
    0:36 Birkal: yeah that
    0:36 Birkal: this thing would wreck when paired with deo-d
    0:36 Birkal: this might actually be OU
    0:37 jas61292: Multitype is powerful, but I don't think any one set would be too ridiculous
    0:37 Eagle4: yay kadew
    0:38 Kadew: Green elitism goin gon in here
    0:38 Eagle4: anyway, enough dex entries?
    0:38 SgtWoodsy: yes
    0:38 SgtWoodsy: more than enough
    0:38 Eagle4: okay, let's vote
    0:38 Eagle4: and stuff
    0:38 Quanyails: Line 147.
    0:38 SgtWoodsy: good lord
    0:38 SgtWoodsy: we've been doing this for nearly 2 hours
    0:38 Quanyails: Line 137.
    0:38 Eagle4: Line 137
    0:38 Birkal: lol
    0:38 SgtWoodsy: 137
    0:38 Birkal: I had a choir audition
    0:38 Birkal: so I was productive :D
    0:38 paint: agree 137
    0:39 Timeblaze: How does that look for Egg Moves?
    0:39 Quanyails: Darn it, they've been moved.
    0:39 SgtWoodsy: 146*
    0:39 Quanyails: Isn't Zen Headbutt a tutor move?
    0:39 Eagle4: 146
    0:39 paint: 3 7 12
    0:40 Eagle4: 3 11 15
    0:40 Quanyails: 3, 13, and, hmm...
    0:40 Quanyails: 14.
    0:40 Timeblaze: I don't think so.
    0:40 Timeblaze: Let me check again.
    0:40 SgtWoodsy: wait doesn't this thing need like
    0:40 SgtWoodsy: four dex entries
    0:40 Eagle4: actually, 3 8 14
    0:40 Timeblaze: Oh, it is.
    0:40 Kadew: 3
    0:40 SgtWoodsy: b/w/b2/w2
    0:41 Timeblaze: Should I add it?
    0:41 jas61292: 3 8 13
    0:41 SgtWoodsy: unless b2w2 have the same dex entry
    0:41 Kadew: bw2 share entries
    0:41 SgtWoodsy: oh ok
    0:41 Fusxfaranto: 0 8 6 3
    0:41 Eagle4: Let's delete the dex entries which stand no chance, to get a better idea
    0:41 Kadew: we should tally the points by having a perosn put a ! in their color by each entry they vote for
    0:41 Eagle4: good idea
    0:41 Eagle4: 3 votes, right?
    0:42 Kadew: multiple bold for now, id think
    0:42 Kadew: then thin down the crap entries and see what we have
    0:42 Kadew: everyone, cast a ! for each entry you like
    0:44 Eagle4: done :)
    0:44 Kadew: done.
    0:44 Quanyails: 3, 6, 8, then?
    0:44 Eagle4: okay
    0:44 Birkal: 13!!!
    0:44 Kadew: 6 and 13 are tied
    0:44 Kadew: wait, someone deleted
    0:44 Quanyails: Ah.
    0:44 Kadew: so 3, 8, 13
    0:44 Quanyails: Did I just see 6 go down a !?
    0:44 Kadew: by the looks of it
    0:44 Eagle4: okay
    0:45 Quanyails: Righty, 3, 8, 13.
    0:45 jas61292: Awesome
    0:45 Quanyails: Woot!
    0:46 Eagle4: delete all of the dex entries now
    0:46 Timeblaze: Okay, let's delete the submissions to tidy it up.
    0:46 Eagle4: except the ones which won
    0:46 Timeblaze: Whoops
    0:47 Eagle4: let's decide height and weight
    0:47 Quanyails: :U
    0:47 Kadew: Okay, I'm going to go clean up my official art
    0:47 Eagle4: wooo
    0:47 jas61292: 12'6''
    0:47 Kadew: 6'11"
    0:47 Quanyails: Well, with those dimensions, my sprite would look normal. :P
    0:47 Timeblaze: 4'7"
    0:48 Fusxfaranto: needs to be huuuuge
    0:48 Eagle4: i have no idea how to work in feet and inches
    0:48 Kadew: 2 foot 2 inches
    0:48 Eagle4: CM woooo
    0:48 Kadew: to represent that the original poster has 2 posts
    0:48 Fusxfaranto: how about
    0:48 Fusxfaranto: 22'2"
    0:48 Kadew: or we could go for whatever equivalent 2 metres is
    0:48 Quanyails: About six feet.
    0:48 Quanyails: 6'2''?
    0:48 Eagle4: 2m is way too large
    0:48 Timeblaze: >The Yilx Pokemon
    0:49 Quanyails: I'd go with jsut Chameleon. :P
    0:49 Quanyails: just*
    0:49 Quanyails: (Did I spell that right?)
    0:49 Fusxfaranto: 2 miles
    0:49 jas61292: 2'2'' and 22lbs
    0:49 SgtWoodsy: are we nearly done here
    0:50 Kadew: I like jas dimentions
    0:50 Timeblaze: Almost, yeah
    0:50 Kadew: small enough that the swinging from trees seems plausible
    0:50 Fusxfaranto: that's too small though
    0:50 Timeblaze: Also, which stats are we using?
    0:50 Fusxfaranto: needs to be at least 6'
    0:50 Fusxfaranto: the first set
    0:50 Timeblaze: 5'5"
    0:50 Kadew: a 6ft chameleon cannot swing from trees for fun
    0:50 jas61292: ^
    0:50 Fusxfaranto: yes it can
    0:50 Timeblaze: 5'2"
    0:50 jas61292: 2'5''
    0:50 Kadew: it can swing trees around for fun
    0:50 Kadew: but that's not the dex entry now is it
    0:51 Kadew: dark purple is too dark
    0:51 Kadew: fusx pick a ligher shade please
    0:51 Fusxfaranto: there :p
    0:51 Kadew: thankee
    0:51 Birkal: what
    0:51 Birkal: no cloyster quote
    0:52 Birkal: bs
    0:52 Timeblaze: Anything else we need to do?
    0:52 Eagle4: haha birkal
    0:52 Quanyails: It's there. O.o
    0:52 Birkal: oh yeah
    0:52 Timeblaze: Cloyster is there.
    0:52 Birkal: :D :D :D
    0:52 jas61292: Its the black one
    0:52 Birkal: that was me
    0:52 Timeblaze: Black entry.
    0:52 Birkal: I did it
    0:52 Birkal: :>
    0:52 Eagle4: I did the swinging from branch one go me
    0:52 Birkal: this looks awesome
    0:52 Timeblaze: So, what about the artwork?
    0:52 Birkal: good work team
    0:52 Timeblaze: It's still... well, rough.
    0:52 Eagle4: Thanks birkal
    0:52 SgtWoodsy: i'll update the post later
    0:52 SgtWoodsy: if there's better art
    0:53 Eagle4: We posting this i cap kitchen?
    0:53 Quanyails: Kadew's working on it.
    0:53 Eagle4: in*
    0:53 Kadew: I'm working on it
    0:53 Kadew: lineart that doesnt suck takes a bit
    0:53 SgtWoodsy: yeah eagle
    0:53 Quanyails: And I'll add it to TV Tropes.
    0:53 Eagle4: this has taken longer than i expected
    0:53 Eagle4: because of the bloated movepool
    0:54 Timeblaze: But it was fun.
    0:54 Eagle4: it is very fun
    0:54 Quanyails: First time I managed to participate in one of these. :)
    0:54 Timeblaze: Froxbite, Cnidali, and now Chamereon.
    0:54 Quanyails: Even if it was half-taken up by spriting.
    0:55 Timeblaze: Now, if this thing was found in Unova, where would it be?
    0:55 Fusxfaranto: heaven
    0:55 jas61292: Deep in victory road
    0:55 SgtWoodsy: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4567058&postcount=116
    0:55 Kadew: unreleased dream world
    0:55 Eagle4: idunno if this pokemon is OP or not
    0:56 Eagle4: woo SgtWoodsy :)
    0:56 Timeblaze: High Defenses + Slack Off + Multitype
    0:56 Quanyails: A space is needed before Coil.
    0:56 Timeblaze: And a wide movepool
    0:56 jas61292: Its good, but any one set can only do so much
    0:57 Eagle4: and lick, Quanyails :)
    0:57 Timeblaze: I'm satisfied with the result.
    0:57 Kadew: there should be a link to the original chamereon post in the post
    0:57 Eagle4: ^
    0:57 Kadew: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4422561&postcount=302
    0:58 Eagle4: what CAP was that even in?
    0:58 Eagle4: CAP 3?
    0:58 Quanyails: Ah, should've made the ridge on its back larger.
    0:58 SgtWoodsy: done
    0:59 Quanyails: Mind if I adjust it, SgtWoodsy?
    0:59 Kadew: that was for aurumoth
    0:59 Eagle4: wow
    0:59 Kadew: chamereon, if it had a final sub, coulda been aurumoth
    0:59 Kadew: so the wide movepool is entirely valid
    0:59 Timeblaze: I don't even know how that would be Bug/Psychic
    0:59 jas61292: Yeah. The amazing bug/psychic chameleon
    1:01 Quanyails: http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/4171/chamereon.png <-- Mind updating?
    1:01 Eagle4: can anybody explain to me why this is associated with Yilx?
    1:02 Quanyails: It's one of his memes.
    1:02 Eagle4: also, good sprite quanyails
    1:02 Eagle4: oh okay
    1:03 Quanyails: Well, I'll be heading back to IRC.
    1:03 Quanyails: See you all there!

Anyway, this was my first time making one of these CAPs IRC-style, and it was a great experience for me. :DD
  18. Quanyails

Quanyails

[​IMG]

I've quickly Photoshop-recolored it for each of the typings (from left to right, top to bottom: Normal/Fire/Water/Electric/Grass/Ice/Fighting/Poison/Ground/Flying/Psychic/Bug/Rock/Ghost/Dragon/Dark/Steel). Don't mind those dots around each sprite; that would just be for me to recognize each 96x96 box.
  19. LightningLord2

LightningLord2

This topic needs some NecturnaxSlaking - being in the Field Egg group is not just a benefit...

Also, I approve of Chamereon as well.
  20. UllarWarlord

UllarWarlord

Froxbite, Cnidali and now Chamereon.

C'mon Deck, let these mofos into ASB.

(Yes ik I'm going to be hated for mentioning ASB here but idgaf)
  21. Dracoyoshi8

Dracoyoshi8 weapon of mass seduction
    is a Contributor Alumnus

A well-balanced metagame starts with a well-balanced breakfast. Alongside orange juice and whole grain toast, this CAP is sure to get your day started right!

Newtella - The Hazelnut Spread Pokemon

Typing:
    Dark (Chocolate)

Abilities:
    Sticky Hold / Pressure (DW)

Stats:
    10 g Fat / 1 g Protein / 15 mg Sodium / 1 g Dietary Fiber / 0 mg Potassium / 21 g Sugar
    Total Calories: 200

Art:
    [​IMG]

New Move:
    ChocoBomb
    Category: Special | Type: Dark | BP: 60 | Acc: 100% | PP: 15 (24)
    A delicious bomb that puts the foe in a unique "Spread" state: next time they are hit by an attack, it will deal 1.5x the normal amount of damage. This effect goes away if the the "spread" Pokemon switches out.

Movepool:
    Level Up:
    00: Lick
    00: Harden
    00: Encore
    04: Pay Day
    09: Minimize
    14: Follow Me
    18: Taunt
    23: ChocoBomb
    26: Acid Armor
    30: Faint Attack
    35: Sweet Scent
    38: Torment
    43: Milk Drink
    47: Last Resort
    51: Bestow
    55: Destiny Bond
    60: Captivate

TM/HM:
    Toxic
    Calm Mind
    Hidden Power
    Taunt
    Hyper Beam
    Protect
    Rain Dance
    Safeguard
    Frustration
    Thunderbolt
    Return
    Double Team
    Sludge Wave
    Sludge Bomb
    Torment
    Facade
    Rest
    Attract
    Thief
    Round
    Echoed Voice
    Focus Blast
    False Swipe
    Scald
    Fling
    Incinerate
    Quash
    Explosion
    Payback
    Retaliate
    Giga Impact
    Flash
    Thunder Wave
    Psych Up
    Work Up
    Poison Jab
    Grass Knot
    Swagger
    Substitute
    Wild Charge
    Rock Smash

Egg:
    Amorphous Group
    Stored Power
    Imprison
    Curse
    Mud Bomb
    Heal Block
    Night Shade
    Flail
    Clear Smog
    Amnesia
    Confuse Ray

Tutor:
    Giga Drain
    Seed Bomb
    Pain Split
    Uproar
    Gunk Shot
    Earth Power
    Magic Coat
    Block
    Foul Play
    Dark Pulse
    Heat Wave
    Snore
    Outrage
    Knock Off
    Gastro Acid
    Spite
    Sleep Talk
    Endeavor
    Snatch

Pokedex Entries:
    Black: This Pokemon is incredibly rare in the wild due to its abnormally large number of predators.

White: Every year, these Pokemon are gathered in great numbers and used to create a delicious spread for mass retail.

B2W2: Newtella avoid the sun during the day. If they get caught under it for too long, they will melt.
  22. Kadew

Kadew Shamed.
    is an Artist

Time to tell the legend of Sassy Mollux.

[​IMG]

Some time ago, within the magical world of #cap, a couple of people were innocently discussing the competitive merits of sassy-natured mollux. Little did they know, a rogue artist was lurking that would take that idea and run it into dark and forbidden paths.

All seemed to be well for a while. Only the first picture was spawned, and sassy shiny mollux was content to be fabulous as an avatar for some time. But she had wandering eyes, and her gaze would turn to the other CAPs soon enough.

[​IMG]

Yes, sassy mollux ventured into the dark and forbidden arts of shipping. Long had CAP gone free from this plague upon fandoms, but no longer. Idle IRC conversation planted new, awful ideas in the rogue artist's head, and yet another pairing of sassy mollux was brought forth.

[​IMG]

Bashful tomohawk fell to her charms just as cyclohm before. Will this madness soon cease? With the valentines season approaching fast, it does not seem likely. Who will she strike next? Only the whims of IRC and my own crazy know.
    Feskit likes this.
  23. srk1214

srk1214 Goddess of Light
    is a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
    Mentor

Sassy Mollux ftw. Don't miss out on Rapid Spin kills.
  24. Eagle4

Eagle4

It's all fun and games until you realise that snails are genderless.
  25. Quanyails

Quanyails

Here, have a Kitsunoh. :)

[​IMG]

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)