The Cricket Thread

Why is white still in the team.
Why is Dave Warner in the One day side.
Why isnt haddin replaced yet.
How did Australia manage a win?

Seriously answer these, I think Warner is expected to score quick and big scores after his debut.. I think the pressure got to him and thats why he is not playing his best.

Cameren White gets 3 overs for the match and makes 1 run.
David Hussey gets 7 overs for the match and makes 19 runs.

Australia really need Stuart Clark back, for the experience and for his bowling.

Seriously answer these, I think Warner is expected to score quick and big scores after his debut.. I think the pressure got to him and thats why he is not playing his best.

Cameren White gets 3 overs for the match and makes 1 run.
David Hussey gets 7 overs for the match and makes 19 runs.
White is a good player. He also played very well in the 2020s. He failed in last match but every player fails in one match or the other. Warner is also playing well and I think he is a very good replacement for Clarke. Yes, Haddin should be replaced sooner or later and the later should be sooner than later. Australia will win the second match and now that Clarke is gone, it's an advantage since Clarke is a slow player.

Because he is a good player and usually bats well with the tail.

Give him a chance. If he can cut it: great, if not: well he will be dropped

Haddin? Haddin is a good keeper and batsman. He has earned his spot in the team.

Good bowling at the end when SA collapsed.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Honestly I dont think White should be in the side either.. He is one of those psuedo allrounders that isnt really good enough as a batsman or as a bowler..

Seriously though, what happened to Brad Hodge, he was an amazing batsman.

I'm also curious about Mitchell Johnson.

Have a nice day.

I think Mitchell Johnson should come back and bowl as fast as he can in tandem with Shaun Tait.

South Africa struggled against Shaun Tait early and thats why if they have another quick bowler (extremely quick) putting pressure on at the other end it will leak wickets or runs (Australia must take at own risk)

Cameron White out, Brad Hodge in. Brad Hodge can bowl the spin and bat better than White. Nuf said.

Australia really need Stuart Clark back, he is a great bowler at the death and can get wickets.

Mitchell Johnson is coming back for the third ODI which is a good news. I don't thin Cameron White should be dismissed. He must be given another chance and must also be given some more chance at bowling by Ponting.

Well Finally some cricket I can look forward too. SA continue to surprise and now the cricketing world is much more balanced.

I can't wait for the New Zealand tour but India Vs Sri lanka makes a fine filler,lol

Not for me I wanted India to win xD.

The surprising thing is how well they played against Murli and Mendis cause only those guys can win Sri Lanka the matches. Jayasuyria played well but no support from anyone else.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
I am dissapointed I didnt post yesterday, because I was going to predict that Aus would bat first, NZ would win by 2 wickets in the 49th over and the man of the match would be Ross Taylor..

I was pretty close!

Yeah, I didnt though, so I cant really gloat too much.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for reminding me Jenigmat, I almost forgot that it started today.

I haven't had the chance to watch it, I am sitting here on Smogon instead lol, but I will attempt to watch the highlights maybe later this evening. I hope that the wickets weren't too cheap, I'm (now) trying to catch it on the radio, but they are lamenting someone's death at the moment =(

I am very dissapointed at what I can see on the scorecard at the moment, Strass who was coming back into form, and Cook who is generally "reliable" both failed badly, neither lasting > 20 balls. Bell "tried" (lol) but still 28 is really not what we need here. The consistancy in this england team is not here, and we are putting a lot of pressure on our bowling attack, already. I would like to see Pietersen and Collingwood bat through the second session, we could then re-evaluate our position from there ._.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
Pietersen holes out for 97 going for glory. It is disappointing and many will question his judgement (again), but that is how he bats. In my opinion, the possibility that he might throw his wicket away at any moment just adds to the excitement. 190-5 now with a set Flintoff. England should be disappointed with anything below 250, though I think 270 would be competitive.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Australia are playing disgracefully, thats all I can really say. In particular our battling lineup, as our bowling hasn't been shocking. We better win today :(

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Well you got your wish, but tbh your bowling hasnt been great..

It was on evidence again today, the second match was a thrashing that appeared close because of a leisurely approach by NZ.

As I see it, NZ have the better bowling side, and Aus have the better batting side and it leaves us with two very evenly matched teams..

I just hope McCullum can keep playing..

Have a nice day.

Oh God England got crushed yesterday... how depressing..
I can't believe the West Indies beat them by an innings + 20ish runs...
I don't know if i can bring myself to bring the second test.

South Africa struggled against Shaun Tait early and thats why if they have another quick bowler (extremely quick) putting pressure on at the other end it will leak wickets or runs (Australia must take at own risk)
I don't know if you've ever noticed this, but most of the ultra-quick bowlers actually get better when they get a bit older and slow down some (Historically: Curtly Ambrose, Waqar Younis, Glenn McGrath spring to mind, and for those who don't remember it - Glenn was a lot quicker when he first started in test matches).

Additionally: holy fuck @ England's second innings, that wasn't even an innings!

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
Jesus Callum Fergusson is good. The third (might have been second, the straighter one) of the three 4s he hit off southee in the powerplay was one of the best shots I've ever seen. Maybe it appeared better than it should because of the fielding restrictions I dunno.

Also nice to see Guptill contributing. I'm a big fan of him, I'd like to see him replace McIntosh for the tests, but it seems unlikely McIntosh could be replaced after his century against a shoddy WI bowling line up..

Have a nice day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)