The Dark Knight [Unmarked Spoilers Within - Enter at risk]

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Just saw this. The movie was absolutely phenomenal. Heath Ledger was fucking brilliant.

This might possibly be the best movie I have ever seen.

I just got back from seeing this, and I'm just amazed at how good it was. I haven't seen any of the other Batman movies, and came into the movie skeptical I would like it. It blew me away for sure.

WOW this movie is really good. There were times when I didn't care about Two face or Batman, I just wanted to see more of Heath Ledger as the Joker.

By far, this is his best performance ever, he made made Cringe (The part were he shoved a pencil through a thug's eye) and Laugh (The part when he was dressed like a nurse).

This movie was amazing! I saw Batman Begins, and this one was much better, due in no small part to Heath Ledger as the Joker. It doesn't hurt that much of the movie was filmed in my hometown, heck, I drove down several of the streets in the movie just to get back home.

I can't get over that guy with the phone stitched into his abdomen, though...yeeesh.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It would be probably be best if everyone would stop posting spoilers, even if they are minor ones.

I saw the midnight premiere of this and loved it, all of it. Heath Ledger is now cemented in my mind as a total, epic badass.

Just came back from the movie; it was amazing as everyone already said, i usually try to find weak points on films but the Dark Knight doesn't have them, it is very well done and with more plot twists than the average hero movie. Even small characters have a well defined personality.

Maybe i would liked Two face to show up a bit more besides to go insane like in two seconds.

The Joker was perfect, great performance from Ledger.

On the next movie i guess there is going to be catwoman or something, scarecrow show up a bit on this one so my guess is the Joker will be back too (new actor would have to work a lot, and people will compare him with the previous).

I can't say anything that hasn't been said here, and this fucking English language of mine prevents me from doing the film justice.

The opening scene was genius.

"No, I kill the bus driver."

I've seen it thrice. I would watch it again in a second.

This movie was nothing short of perfection. It is easily the best superhero movie in the last decade, if not the best superhero movie of all time. Spiderman, Ironman, and Batman Begins were all great movies, but they are nothing compared to this. I waited hours in line, both inside and outside the theatre waiting for this movie, and it was totally worth it. Whether you like superhero movies or not, you need to see this movie.

Best movie ever, only star wars can edge this out in my heart. Pencil scene was probably the most hilarious thing I've EVER seen any joker do.

It was astonishingly well rounded though, great acting, great writing, great filming, everything just came out perfectly. Almost immaculate. The only thing that pissed me off was (spoiler) how they did two face, his face got fucked in a chemical accident not a fire, and it kinda sucked that they killed him off.

saw it tonight, and I really enjoyed it. Joker was great and there was just enough action to balance all the character building. Great flick, highly recommended.

Me and my friends aren't heavily into superheroes or comics or anything, but when we were at school we'd occasionally have half-serious fights about which superhero was the best. Some guy would be like "superman", some guy would respond with "no way Wolverine is badass" etc. Whenever Batman came up, one of them would always say "Batman is the worst superhero ever, he doesn't even have any powers!".

I went and saw TDK with him and two other friends last night. As we were coming out, he said "Well... I'm a fan now. Fuck you guys."

Fantastic movie.

Excellent movie, surpassing Spiderman 2 as the my favourite comic book movie of all time. I loved the psychology and portrayal of the Joker. Reminded me of Jigsaw (from the Saw series) at times.

The large amount of characters were all weighted pretty equally and on the whole, handled much better than Spiderman 3. I hope the franchise doesn't follow the same trends as the recent X-Men/Spiderman movies - 1st movie is good, 2nd is spectacular (darker, longer, grittier), 3rd is horrible (too many characters/cameos, too much action).

Obviously Heath Ledger's perfomance of the Joker was phenonemal, but I really enjoyed Aaron Eckhart's, Harvey Dent and his character arc. I was somewhat disappointed at the the visual effects of Two-face, but was generally pleased with him.

The ending was also spectacular, setting up (but not forcing, nor leaving an annoying Cliffhanger) that left me a mixture of sad and satisfied (mostly satisfied).

All in all, even with outrageously high expectations, I was not dissapointed.

Me and my friends aren't heavily into superheroes or comics or anything, but when we were at school we'd occasionally have half-serious fights about which superhero was the best. Some guy would be like "superman", some guy would respond with "no way Wolverine is badass" etc. Whenever Batman came up, one of them would always say "Batman is the worst superhero ever, he doesn't even have any powers!".

I went and saw TDK with him and two other friends last night. As we were coming out, he said "Well... I'm a fan now. Fuck you guys."

Fantastic movie.
lol I used to have that conversation with my friends but completely the opposite. Batman owned cause he'd just buy whatever countered the others, like he'd just buy kryptonite against superman :X

I thought the movie was awesome and definitely would like to see it all again. So much stuff happened that I need to watch it multiple times.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
how is two face a spoiler? you shouldn't go see the movie if you don't know who harvey dent is, haha. also...they show him in the trailers. so...yeah. not a spoiler. just wanted to defend the people that were mentioning him.

Goddamn, best superhero movie I've ever seen that's for sure. Saw it last night, and it blew my mind. There were scenes when I was gripping my gf's leg like "Oh my god..." I felt kinda silly until I felt that my arm was getting squeezed equally as hard. Harvey Dent is terrifying, and the Joker was just.....(word for 'overly good')

Absolutely fantastic. I saw this last Saturday with a few friends.

Ledger's performance was nothing short of brilliant. He was THE Joker.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Holy crap. I did not expect it to live up to the hype, but it did. Joker was amazing. If he was alive, it'd be nice to have him as a recurring villain in the potential third film, but with Ledger dead I think they should leave the character out. No way anyone will top his performance.

I didn't see Batman Begins until yesterday. Begins was decent. This was way better. I still don't like Bale's voicing during Batman scenes. Wish he stayed normal.

Okay, I thought Ironman had raised the bar...

but this movie was fucking incredible. I could'nt do justice to it trying to describe its sheer brilliance. Heath Ledger was indeed the star.

The movie was okay, i don't really see what you people see in it. I didn't enjoy it much, and it was way to long for my book.

Everyone I've talked to about the movie has berated me for being even more critical than the critics... but yeah, I thought the movie was better than average, but not mind-blowingly awesome. I felt like it was too long for its own good, and because of that, the plot felt like it swung this way and then that way too much. Basically I was getting tired of being really interested in it, only to lose any interest I had within a matter of seconds. On top of that, it's something that has carried over from "Batman Begins," but Bale's voice work as Batman really bothers me. It sounds like he's trying way too hard.
I will say, though, Ledger was indeed amazing and portrayed Joker flawlessly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)