BW OU The Dawn Of Kyurem

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
The Dawn Of Kyurem

Introduction

Hello Smogon and welcome to my second RMT on this forum! Most of you know me, but if you don't, allow me to introduce myself. I joined Smogon in 2012 and quickly established myself as a decent team rater and a very tough battler. I have a fetish for making teams, as most of them are good, but I'm not really into posting them on this forum, but this team however, has been one of the most successful that I have ever made in my battling career. The birth of this team was in Round 66 of the Battling 101 program. Me and my tutor, Sayonara decided to make an offesive hail team based around the deadly SubRoost Kyurem, one of the most effective Kyurem sets in todays OU metagame. The goal of this team is to remove all of Kyurems counters, keep rocks off the field and then proceed to start a eadly sweep with the SubRoost Kyurem. I really like the idea of Hyper Offensive hail, the reasons being is that is one of the most underrated weathers in todays metagame, with all the Rain, Sand, and even Sun teams running around, Hail doesn't get too much love, and I decided to make this RMT with the intent of showing people the power of SubRoost Kyurem. We chose to go with the hyper offensive playstyle, because I lile being aggressive with most of my teams and finish them off quickly (Mainly in twenty turns or less). Alright, enough of this talk, get your cup of green tea and let's get to the team!

Team At A Glance

|
|
|
|
|

In Depth Look

-----------------------------

Tabchoo

(Abomasnow) (M) @ Expert Belt

Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Ah, Abomasnow, where would we be without your ability to summon hail every time you come on the battlefield? Anyway, Abomasnow is a pivotal member to this team as obviously, it sets up the Hail that my team thrives in. I went for an offensive Expert Belt ser, seeing as this is an offensive hail team, and Abomansow is one hell of a mixed attacker with its coverage moves. I'll explain the EV spread if it seems a bit odd to you people. The 112 Speed EVs are to outspeed Defensive Tyranitar, Defensive Politoed, Choice Band Scizor, and Blissey. This maximizes Abomsnows Attack to deal more damage with its two STAB moves, Wood Hammer and Ice Shard. Blizzard is for hitting Dragons, which can be a hige, if not, the biggest threats to my team, also Grass types are hit hard by this amazing STAB attack. Wood Hammer is a deadly STAB that can 2HKO Max/Max Slowbro, 2HKO Max/Max Politoed and do a whole lot of damage to others. Ice Shard is for picking off weakened pokes to ned a quick KO or two, also used for hitting the Dragon typed Pokemon. Hidden Power Fire is my main move against Scizor, Ferrothorn, Skarmory and other Steel types.​

------------------------------

Jimbon

(Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]​

Ah, our good friend Heatran is next up in this team. Heatran is my weapon against Sun teams as Fire Blast gets a huge boost an when you add in a Flash Fire boost, you're looking at 2HKO or even a OHKO to even the most dedicated walls in the metagame. The EV's are standard, but I'll explain them to you peoples. The 252 Speed EV's and Timid Nature allows it to outspeed and OHKO neutral natured Dragonites and 72 HP Gliscors. Fire Blast os obglatory obligatory STAB for hitting most Grass and Steel typed pokemon in the tier. Stealth Rock, the most important move in the game, is absolutely necessary for my team, because without it, I can't wear down the opposing team in any other way. Earth Power is for hitting opposing Heatran, Infernape, Jirachi, and a few others that may be lurking in the OU tier. Hidden Power Ice is for KOing Dragonite, Salamence, and do some hefty damage to Latios/As.

Jirachee

(Starmie) @ Leftovers

Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SpA / 224 Spe
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Scald

Oh my goodness, Starmie is most likely the most pivotal member of this team. If I don't have a spinner, Kyurem is not going to have fun switching into Stealth Rocks at all, and since this is an offensive team, an offensive Starmie is obvious here. The EV's are made for Starmie to have as much speed as possible, because after the battlefield is cleared of hazards, Starmie becomes an effective revenge killer. Hydro Pump is for hitting Ninetales, Heatran, Landorus, and others that may be lurking in the OU tier. Rapid Spin is absolutely pivotal in clearing the way for Kyurem to sweep. Thunderbolt is for hitting Gyarados, Tornadus and every other bulky water type in the OU metagame. Ice Beam is for Dragons, mainly Dragonite and Salamence. Ice Beam is for Grass types such as Celebi, Virizion, and Breloom. All in all, you can see that Starmie is precious to this teams success, I couldn't imagine how weak this team would be to hazards without it.​

Sayonara

(Kyurem) @ Life Orb

Trait: Pressure
EVs: 52 HP / 220 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Blizzard
- Earth Power​

My oh my, we have to the MVP of the team, the deadly, and possibly even godly SubRoost Kyurem. Kyurem is my main sweeper, so if you don't have an resists or anything with Bullet Punch/Mach Punch, or any resists to its attacks, you're pretty much done here. The EV's are a bit odd, so I'll explain them to you guys. 52 HP EV's give this giant monster 404 HP, which allows it to create huge 101 HP Subs. 236 Speed EV's are for outspeeding Lucario and Adamant Landorus-T. Substitute is the crux of this set, as this makes prediction easier, and prevents Kyurem from being crippled by status or being revenge killed easily. Roost, obviously, is for healing off damage from hazards and Life Orb damage. Blizzard hits almost every Poke for supereffective or nuetral damage. When you combine Blizzards 120 Base Power, STAB and Life Orb, you have one deadly move that can also freeze the opponent solid. Earth Power is for Magnezone, Lucario, Metagross and others.​

Spdude

(Golurk) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Toxic​

Next up, we have quite an odd Pokemon in Golurk, and I'll tell you why I am using it. Golurk is a phenominal counter to all Terrakion, as it even walls the Band set, taking as little as 30% from a STAB Stone Edge. Once again, I shall explain the EV's and what they do. 252 HP and 176 Defense allows it to sponge most forms of Priority, mainly Aqua Jet, and the very common move that is also known as Sucker Punch. Earthquake is Golurks main STAB move, as it can hit a wide variety of Pokemon, such as Infernape, Lucario and others. Fire Punch is my main weapon for Steel types as it can OHKO any Scizor that tries to switch in on this massive beast. Ice Punch is mainly for Dragons, as you already know how deadly dragons can be in this metagame. Toxic is mainly for crippling a wide variety of Pokemon that are lurking around in the OU tier.​

Gimmick

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

Last, but certianly not least, we have one of, if not the best late-game sweeper in today's metagame, Landorus can absolutely devastate the opponent after Kyurem has done its job. The EV's here are quite standard, but I shall explain them to you anyhows. The 252 Speed EV's an Naive Nature is for outspeeding and even possibly KOing positive natured Salamence, Volcarona, Haxorus, and Jirachi. as well as speed tying other Scarf Landorus and Thundurus-T. U-Turn is important here, as it allows me to scout the opponents Pokemon a bit. Earthquake is the main STAB move here, as it hits a wide variety of Pokemon, such as Terrakion, Lucario and a whole lot more, while dealing hefty damage to those who are neutral against it. Stone Edge is for hitting opposing flying types, such as Gyarados, Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, as well as knocking out Volcarona, which is crucial. HP Ice is, as you know by now, is for knocking out dragons.​

Importable

(please keep nicknames when using the team)
Code:
[LEFT]Tabchoo (Abomasnow) (M) @ Expert Belt[/LEFT]
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spd
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jimbon (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachee (Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SpA / 224 Spe
[LEFT][COLOR=black]- Recover[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Rapid Spin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Psyshock[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Scald[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Sayonara (Kyurem) @ Life Orb
EVs: 52 HP / 220 SAtk / 236 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Substitute
- Roost
- Blizzard
- Earth Power

Spdude (Golurk) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Toxic

[COLOR=black]Gimmick (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Trait: Intimidate[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]Adamant Nature[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Swords Dance[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Earthquake[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Stone Edge[/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]- Rock Polish[/COLOR]

Conclusion

Well, that's my team, I hope you enjoyed reading it. This is one of my favourite teams to use in today's metagame. I'm trying to get people to use hail more, because it needs more love. I would like to give a huge shoutout to Sayonara, as he helped me build this team, and I couldn't have done it without him. I would also like to give a shoutout to Don Honchkrorleone for always supporting me. I would also like to thank Superpowerdude, one of the nicest people I ever met, you're awesome bro. Last but not least, I would like to give a massive thanks for all the people in #ratemyteam on IRC. The Rate My Team forum has become my favourite section of these forums. I have been happily been a member for 6 months and I hope for even more success in the future! So, all in all, feel free to try out this team and if you like it, please give it a Luvdisc

Final Glance

|
|
|
|
|

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hey Dr Ciel! First off let me just say that I love this team already for two reasons

1. It has a Starmie!
2. You're using Kyurem, which is awesome!

Anyway, onto the rate. The first thing I notice about your team is that you're quite weak to Rain teams with Tornadus-T. The only thing that can switch in safely to Tornadus-T is Heatran, who is 2HKO'd by Super Power, so I wouldn't call that a safe switch in.

I suggest that you replace Landorus, as it seems like the most replaceable member without ruining your great synergy. I suggest replacing Landorus with Scarf Jirachi, as Jirachi is a solid switch in to Tornadus-T, still gains momentum with U-turn (like Landorus), and revenges most of the stuff that Landorus was already revenging, like Scarf Mence and Thundurus-T.

Here's the Jirachi set.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Overall, solid team. Its great to see a fresh team is today's stale metagame. Luvdisc.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Don't have much to say as far as tweaking besides grats on using a unique team that's not Rain. :) /luvdisc'd
Thank you for your kind words :)

Hey Dr Ciel! First off let me just say that I love this team already for two reasons

1. It has a Starmie!
2. You're using Kyurem, which is awesome!

Anyway, onto the rate. The first thing I notice about your team is that you're quite weak to Rain teams with Tornadus-T. The only thing that can switch in safely to Tornadus-T is Heatran, who is 2HKO'd by Super Power, so I wouldn't call that a safe switch in.

I suggest that you replace Landorus, as it seems like the most replaceable member without ruining your great synergy. I suggest replacing Landorus with Scarf Jirachi, as Jirachi is a solid switch in to Tornadus-T, still gains momentum with U-turn (like Landorus), and revenges most of the stuff that Landorus was already revenging, like Scarf Mence and Thundurus-T.

Here's the Jirachi set.
Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

Overall, solid team. Its great to see a fresh team is today's stale metagame. Luvdisc.
Thanks for the rate bro! I never thought of Scarf Jirachi before, and will definitely try it out.

Hey, nice team. Golurk is an underrated spinblocker, being able to take on Terrakion and basically every spinner but Starmie. This is a pretty great team so therefore I don't have much to say. There's only one big problem I see and that's Keldeo, mostly the scarfed set. It can 2HKO your Starmie with Hydro Pump and is able to OHKO every member of your team by choosing the right move (Secret Sword/Hydro Pump). Another threat is Rock Polish Landorus. If it gets to +2 after Abomasnow is gone, it's basically gg. There's no real solution for this outside of making a big change, which you shouldn't make since it will open up the team to more weaknesses. You could try to run a bulkier spread on Starmie with this spread: 252 HP / 40 SDef / 216 Spd so you can take hits from Keldeo better and avoiding the OHKO from LO Landorus' Earth Power while still outspeeding Gengar. If you decide to make this change, try Recover > Ice Beam. I feel like Ice Beam is the most replaceable move since you have Ice Priority and Kyurem. you'll still have Hydro Pump for Landorus and Thunderbolt for Keldeo and Gyarados. Also, you could run Blizzard > Ice Beam on Starmie.
Anyway, great team and luvdisc'd.

Hi there, got your request,

Pretty cool Hail team you got here, although there are a few things that can be patched up. One thing that does look very threatening, as ShootinStarmie mentioned was Rain Teams. It's worrying that your only Steel type to take Hurricanes is Heatran, who loses to just about everything else under Rain. You're going to be very hard pressed against teams with Tornadus-T or Keldeo, as well as Latias / Latios. I think a standard Specially Defensive Jirachi would fit well in your team, probably over Golurk. It gives you something to buffer said hits from any of these, as well as checking Keldeo okay. While it does make you a little more Terrakion weak, I'll get onto that in a minute. 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef would suffice, with a moveset of Wish / Iron Head / Body Slam / U-Turn, which seems ideal when Jirachi is switching into these threats, and then can U-Turn out safely into Landorus or Kyurem.

If you choose to go with this change, you might feel like you're having a little more trouble with fighting types, namely Terrakion. There are a couple different ways to help against this, the most easy switching Starmie to a Defensive Rapid Spin set of 248 HP / 44 Def / 216 Spe with a Timid Nature, and moveset of Scald / Psyshock / Rapid Spin / Recover. This set helps you against Terrakion, and also Keldeo who I mentioned earlier as a threat. It allows Starmie to continually Spin time after time which is a nightmare for more defensive teams, which do seem to cause you some trouble, as your main sweeper is Choiced and easily walled regardless of what coverage move you lock yourself into.

The other way around this would be to try a much more durable spinner, Tentacruel. Just like defensive Starmie, it helps you with your Terrakion problem, but is much more reliable at doing so, and also helps against Keldeo too, being naturally bulkier than Starmie. The main merit of using Tentacruel however, is that you also get access to Toxic Spikes, which make Kyurem's sweeping capabilities much easier, especially against Pokemon that can normally wall Kyurem such as Jellicent and Chansey. Either way, it also helps you against Rain, giving you something to switch into offensive Politoed and the Hydro Pumps that follow. A set of 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe with a Bold Nature would work along with a moveset of Scald / Protect / Toxic Spikes / Rapid Spin, but you could also try out Blizzard over Protect and invest a little into Special Attack for Dragonite and such. In Hail, Tentacruel can viably run Blizzard to avoid being setup fodder, meaning it covers what Golurk left behind -- being able to beat Scizor, Terrakion and Dragonite. Protect becomes even less important if you choose to use Jirachi, especially as you can pass big Wishes over to Tentacruel compensating for the lack of extra Rain Dish recovery extra turn when playing against Rain.

Just a few things to consider, but it's more preference than anything. Also, thanks for the Heatran nickname -- good luck!

MJB

Sup Peeps
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnus
Hey cool team. I actually made a team very similar a while back and found it pretty effective.

I agree with Shooting Starmie though in that Tornadus (t) is a pain however I have a different solution: Zapdos > Landorus

Heres the set:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 SDef / 248 HP / 44 SAtk / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic
- Roost

I find this zapdos is fantastic in the current meta (shout out to Nachos for the set). It can freely switch into Tornadus all day, as well as a lot of other threats such as breloom and scizor.

This does leave you without a scarfer however so I suggest changing Heatran to a scarf terrakion and then putting rocks on Golurk, or just replace heatran with zapdos.

Your left without a steel types this way but you handle dragons pretty well anyway

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Yo, this is a cool team however i see some weaknesses to common things. Firstly, Technichan breloom gives you some issues. While its true that once it has spored something you can revenge kill it with Starmie or Landorus, well, it does not even need to spore something actually, considering that it can bullet seed golurk, it can mach punch into Kyurem, Abomasnow and Heatran and if he rpedicts your starmie or Landorus switching in it can be problematic. It does not 6-0 you , but lets say that a well played breloom can be a pain. Also, i see that Tyranitar is problematic, Abomasnow can be outspeeded and koed by stone edge, Heatran fails to do serious damage to Tyranitar without taking an huge hit, Starmie fails to spin against Tyranitar Stealth rocker and its pursuitable, as well as golurk that does not like to take crunch. Then again, it cant 6-0 you, but its somewhat problematic to deal with i think. To an extent, even ghost pokemon like Gengar can be problematic if it can get a sub because you have to sac something to revenge kill it with starmie or landorus, but lets say it does not have so many chance to set up a sub to it can be played around.

As the other raters said, rain team gives you some issues also. A team with Latios+Tornadus+keldeo, which is pretty common, has a lot of chance to win against this team. The main problem is that you dont have so many switch-in for a specs Latios (well you only have heatran which is fucked by Surf anyway) and you rely too much on ice shard or Landorus to revenge kill it. The same is for tornadus-t, as someone else already said Heatran take a 2ko from Superpower so its nto a nice switch-in, also the fact that you are using hail does not help, since 70% of accuracy is still enough. Keldeo here has at least a check, which is starmie, but i think that both Scarf Keldeo and Calm mind keldeo can be problematic, Starmie can be 2koed by hydro pump if keldeo is scarfed and after a calm mind it does not give a shit about Thunderbolt. The problem is not just that, if you are facing a rain team starmie have already taken damage probably, i think it has so much pressure and you cant costantly switch-in on it. Other problematics things are Mamoswine, which can 2ko all your team with the right stab, Heatran can stop it assuming its adamant and it does not have superpower, but you will lose if you already pooped the baloon or if its jolly with Superpower. The last thing i think can be a pain is Lucario. Lucario after a sword dance can put a dent on everything on your team with Extreme speed, and if you find the one with crunch it can even troll your golurk, then it can proceed to damage all your team with Extreme speed.

Now moving into the solutions, i would say that the weak link here is golurk. I agree with the change that shootingstarmie already said, i would put Scarf jirachi instead of Golurk. Not only it can flinch to death tornadus, but its even good to stop Sword dance Lucario, mamoswine, Gengar, and its a good switch in for any tyranitar. it also can flinch to death any non-scarfed variants of terrakion, which is fine i guess. A set of U-turn / Fire punch / Ice punch / Iron head should work here. If you think that ice punch is not usefull since you already have enough ice moves, feel free to put trick instead of it, this can also affievolite your weakness to well builded stall team.

Now that you already a scarfed pokemon, i think that you should change your landorus-n. I think that a standard double dance Landorus-t fits this team perfectly. In this way you have something that can still check Terrakion decently, as well as being a better switch-in for Tyranitar as well as taking less damage from any move of breloom thanks to intimidate. Its also a quite good and underrated late game sweeper, giving issues to offensive team with rock polisj as well as being a nice wall breaker thanks to Sword dance.

Now i would consider the spread that Jimbon already suggested you, because it can check at least better any set of Keldeo. I would give it Recover also because i think that you really need starmie to stay alive against rain team, otherwhise you will have some problem. I think that a set of Recover, Rapid spin, Scald, and psyshock should work here. Psyshock lets you beat Calm mind keldeo easily, and Scald is a standard stab that can help you winning the weather war with some random burn on Hippowdown, Tyranitar and so on. With the bulk it has it can also tank mach punch of breloom and strike a ko with Psyshock. Well, thats it i think, gl and i hope i helped!

Sets:
(Starmie) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 SDef / 220 Spd
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Psychock

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spd
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch / Trick
- Iron Head

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish

ganj4lF

Nobody is safe from the power of science!
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Hey got your request. Not much to say, the team is already very good and the main problems have already been pointed out. Keldeo can be troublesome indeed, and Rain looks a threat in general (especially with that Tornadus-T to threaten your Heatran with Superpower). I support the Bulky Starmie suggestion, although my standard spread on it is 252 HP / 24 Def / 8 SpA / 224 Spe, which ensures the OHKO on Gengar via Psyshock, and outspeeds everything up to Tornadus-I (you don't really want to miss even something hyper rare for just a couple of points in Defense, unless I missed some crucial KO that is avoided with that choice). Jirachi is also another good suggestion, although I fear the Fighting weakness will become considerable. I suggest trying to mix and mess around with Jirachi and Golurk to see what works better (credit mainly to Jimbon). I'm not really a fan of Tentacruel outside Rain, however as Jimbon pointed out it has some merits, so again you could test that out.

Yeah, it looks like I rephrased the Jimbon rate, however I can't really see anything else to improve. Great team and good luck with it.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
After much testing, I have replaced my Scarf Landorud with the double dance Landorus-T that Neliel suggested. I have also changed my Starmies EV spread to the one that ganj4lF suggested. Thanks for all the help everyone, I'm really happy that this team is successful, and I thank all of you for helping it become even more successful.

Hi there, you have made some of the suggested changes that others have suggested (the different starmie spread as well as the switch to double dance lando-t). Both of these suggestions are very valid, however I think that they don't do the best job of helping patch up your team's biggest weaknesses; rain offense, which has been mentioned and fighting and steel attacks (mostly priority from techniloom and scizor) To help aid with both of these weaknesses, I recommend a special defensive Tentacruel.
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 112 Spd / 12 Def / 252 HP / 132 SDef
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Blizzard/Ice Beam
- Toxic

This set helps you greatly take on special attacks from rain offense.
Some important calcs are below:
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Tornadus-T Hurricane vs 252 HP/132 SpDef Tentacruel (+SpDef) : 50.27% - 59.34%
2 hits to KO (with Black Sludge)
255 SpAtk Keldeo-R Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/132 SpDef Tentacruel (+SpDef) : 28.02% - 32.97%
4 hits to KO (with Black Sludge)
252 SpAtk Choice Specs Politoed (+SpAtk) Hydro Pump vs 252 HP/132 SpDef Tentacruel (+SpDef) : 35.99% - 42.31%
3 hits to KO (with Black Sludge)

Outside of torn-t's hurricane, you can safely switch into all of these attacks that starmie would not be able to as well as gain rain dish recovery with rain being most likely the weather present.
Scald and rapid spin are fairly standard and straightforward for tentacruel. As you will be in hail, blizzard is a good option, however ice beam can be used as well because tentacruel will be in rain for most of the time it's on the field unless it's spinning. I find toxic spikes to be rather useless in the current meta, so I prefer toxic, but toxic spikes can be used. The speed EVs allow you to outspeed max speed breloom and KO it with blizzard/ice beam.
You do lose out to terrakion and powerful fighing types more, but you have golurk to help check those pokemon as well as landorus-t. Speaking of which, I prefer a bulkier spread of rock polish landorus-t as opposed to the offense variant that you have.
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Atk / 112 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Bulk Up

This set may seem a bit odd, but the speed investment is enough to still outspeed the entire non-scarf meta. The remaining hp allows you to check and set up on physical attackers, particularly fighting types. Bulk up not only allows you to increase lando-t's massive attack stat, but increase its defense as well. I think that this set capitalizes best on lando-t's offensive and defensive capabilities the best of all of the lando-t sets that I have seen. If you don't like this set, it's a minor suggestion and your current set is still valid
I believe these minor suggestions will help your team excel even better than it already does. Luvdisk'd

Hey Ciel! your team is very original! I think you have a problem, landorus-t double dancer is most viable with bulk ev's spread:

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 16 Def / 4 SDef / 232 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

You have problems with keldeo and your starmie don't have psycoshock and you need recover in starmie with the passive damage.

- Psycoshock >Thunderbolt
- Recover > Ice Beam

dragonuser

The only thing I look up to is the sky
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey there,

This is a pretty cool team and I really like the use of Golurk. So like others have said, some Rain teams look troublesome, especially ones with Tornadus-T. Little wants to come into Tornadus-T, except Heatran who can be worn down very easily. So when looking at your team, Landorus-T and Golurk seem to perform very similar roles. Another rater posted an alternative to Golurk, so I will try to give you a different viewpoint and show an alternative to Landorus-T (Golurk is also pretty damn awesome). So I would recommend Specially Defensive Jirachi > Landorus-T. This change not only gives you a very solid switch in to Tornadus-T, it also gives you wish support. A lot of your team lacks reliable recovery making them easy to wear down. Adding Wish support gives them the opportunity to gain more health, and helps with mind games vs your opponent. Like other people have said, I would also recommend a more defensive moveset on Starmie. This is mainly because Starmie and Abomasnow are your only Water-Type resists. You will want to preserve Abomasnow as much as you can, making Starmie your primary switch in. Without recovery, Starmie can be worn down very fast (not to mention hail added in) so I feel like Recover is almost mandatory. A moveset of Scald / Psyshock / Recover / Rapid Spin would work well here. Anyways, cool team gl.

Hey Dr Ciel :D
!

This is a very unique and solid hail team you have here and the use of Golurk is awesome :) he also has a cool nickname if i do say so myself. As others have mentioned rain teams can be quite annoying for your team to face and Keldeo looks like a big threat to your team with his two stabs hitting all but Starmie super effectivly on your team. Unfortunatly Calm Mind Keldeo can get past Starmie after a boost and with Hidden Power [Ghost] it can hit Starmie super effectivly.

The simplest way to fix your problem with Keldeo as well as give you an easier time taking hits from rain teams i agree with a lot of raters in that you should try Defensive Starmie>Current Starmie with his improved bulk and Psyshock Starmie can ko Keldeo despite how many Calm Mind boosts he has obtained. With acces to Recover Starmie can Recover on pokemon like Tentacruel or Politoed and a lot of other pokemon found on rain teams. This is good to increase Starmies longetivity seeing as he has such an important role on your team which is rapid spinning the hazards that Abomasnow and Kyurem both hate. As i told you through vm i think Tentacruel is also worth a try due to him helping you with rain, Keldeo and forming a nice core with Kyurem.

This is just a real minor nitpick here but i think you should use Leftovers>Life Orb on Kyurem so you can gain recovery from making Substitutes although you do miss out on a bit of power with hails residual damage wearing down opponents i feel like you don't need the Life Orb but maybe this is just a preference thing.

Anyway good job with the team, thank you for the shoutout, and i am glad you like my rmt format!

Tl;dr
Starmie
.Offensive Set---Defensive Set

Kyurem
.Life Orb--->Leftovers

~Superpowerdude

CyberOdin✝

♫ ¨ I will persist ¨ ♪
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
Your team is good, only that test the Golurk witch Dynamic Punch whit No guard trait, 200 Hp , 252 Atack, 58 Def, nature : adamant, set: Dynamic Punch , Shadow Punch, Earquaker and Substitute, you will more effective vs Forrtress and some pokémons because Golurk have good rol and stab, and the Starmie i suggest whit Surf or Scald insted of Hydro Pump your risk not Hax and is sure, then the rest i see well.

Hey Dr.Ciel, your team is fantastic. The only thing that I may suggest to try out (for kicks) is running trapper Heatran with the same EV's except with the moveset Fire Blast, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, and Hidden Power Ice

This will cause a loss of stealth rocks, so you could run them on Golurk instead of Toxic :o

Im pretty sure these changes wont help lol but you should try them anyway ^^

Again, great team

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Hey Dr.Ciel, your team is fantastic. The only thing that I may suggest to try out (for kicks) is running trapper Heatran with the same EV's except with the moveset Fire Blast, Solarbeam, Sunny Day, and Hidden Power Ice

This will cause a loss of stealth rocks, so you could run them on Golurk instead of Toxic :o

Im pretty sure these changes wont help lol but you should try them anyway ^^

Again, great team
I'll give it a shot, thanks for the rate.

GOLURK HELL YEAH! You sir have earned my respect with Golurk in OU. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned earlier that Keldeo does a number to this team. Virizion (since similar to Keldeo) can also damage your team greatly and is only stopped by Lando-T if physical and I'm pretty sure Abomasnow can tank the sp att variants and kill will Blizzard.

My suggestion To keep them alive is to perhaps run Recover over Ice Beam on Starmie. Recover keeps Starmie alive and able to rapid spin and fire off powerful hydro pumps. The reason why i think you should change ice beam is because you have A LOT of ice coverage already. Blizzard and Ice shard on Aboma, HP ice on Tran. kyurem has blizzard and GOLURK even has ice punch. The only downside to this change is the fact that if you do lose the weather war, you don't have a reliable ice type attack. This doesn't seem like too much of a problem since most pokemon that get hit by ice shard will die by ice shard(Chomp, Salamence, D-nite). The huge issue, is that if we do that, Haxorus, Latias and Latios will run around freely. This creates another problem since none of your pokemon can out speed the Latis and they can both sponge a shard (haxorus can do the same but isn't that threatning). You could also replace thunderbolt but then you lose the power to stop Gyarados who can run over your team even harder (ok sure you have landorus-T, but moxiedos with d-dance can cancel that). I guess this gives you some stuff to think about. My suggestion could probably help but the drawbacks may not be worth it. try it out on an alt I guess to see if its any good.

Hopefully I helped! :)

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I'm sorry this rate will be short and I probably will explain things fast because a lot of things have been said.

First I really love all the innovation you put in this team. This is something that I can only admire. Moreover I find the Core Heatran Starmie Abomasnow Kyurem untouchable, because it's the real heart of the team, and because it's solid and well built.

I'm more worried about the Landorus-T and Golurk side, to me, every single weakness you could have come from this.

Okay like said, Water moves from something like Keldeo are threatening and Terrakion will be annoying if Golurk is changed.

I was deeply wondering and a pokemon can do fine against both of these pokemons, it's Amoonguss.
So I would change Golurk for him, a Regenerator pokemon seems pretty interesting in a Hail team. The issue would be the "weakness" to Hurricane.
The Spore and the Stun Spore could be totally insane paired with Kyurem.

So, I would also stick to MJB's proposal about Zapdos over Landorus-T.

Here is the set I'd recommend you for Amoonguss

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Regenerator
Bold Nature
252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Stun Spore
- Spore

It can take Specs HPump from Toed, HPump from Scarf Keldeo (without being 2HKO'd in both case) and take Terrakion decently.

What bothers me now along with Zapdos is the weakness to Rock moves.
I'll think deeper and try the team on my own because it's a very interesting one, I hope I'll be able to help you and Sayonara after these tests.
This was a quick rate, more like a bunch of suggestions.

Good luck !

EDIT : Okay I made enough matches to make up my mind. If you opt for Amoonguss, a Wish Jirachi with mixed defenses (it's exactly the same spread than Amoonguss with the +SpD -SpA nature that I was using, it allows you to take 2 CC from Terrakion, and to not be 4HKO factoring lefties by Specs Hurricane from Tornadus-T) is the best replacement in my opinion over Landorus. The Paralysis support in your team is really a huge thing, and the wishes help a lot all the bulky pivots.
You can also try Terrakion, a Scarf version, it's just as good.
A big weakness to Fire appears, however with Jirachi (and a Fighting one with Terrakion somehow, but I think it's okay with Amoonguss and Starmie), with Starmie and Heatran (the latest loving the Wishes from Jirachi in the games against the Sun Teams that I played) you can REALLY do it, and they are relatively strong even under Sun, so it should be ok.
Duggy will be a threat, a big one, Air Balloon needs to be saved carefully. Ground attacks will be a little annoying to deal with.
That's all I got, I only had issues against Sun with Duggy, the rest was okay. I hope I helped.

Hey Dr. Ciel, I noticed your bump, and I thought I'd come by and drop a rate.

I'm extremely impressed with your team, especially the use of Kyurem, and even more respect worthy, your use of Golurk. Besides what has already been mentioned, I can't see much improvement to your team. However, there is one thing I found worth mentioning. I just noticed that any fighting type with ice punch can do some massive damage to the team.

Abomasnow > Fighting
Kyurem > Fighting
Starmie > If it's a Conkeldurr, then if it carries it, Payback
Heatran > Fighting
Landorus-T > Ice Punch
Golurk > Several Ice Punches

A Pokemon that is fast or uses priority, is very powerful, and often uses Ice Punch can give you trouble. Basically, Conkeldurr is who I'm talking about. I think that you might want to try Psyshock on that Jirachi you might use, maybe. However, this is just my opinion, and I feel that after battling with the team for a while, you know how to handle Pokemon such as Conkeldurr. Extremely impressive team, and nice job. Luvdisc'd!

Looks nice Dr. Ciel :)

You already got some nice suggestions, so I'll keep it to some nitpicks. I'd put Roar somewhere on Heatran, otherwise you'll never beat Quiver Dance + Roost Volcarona. It also helps against annoying Baton Pass (SmashPass) teams. It probably works best over Hidden Power [Ice], seeing you have already got DD Dragons covered with Ice Shard. Alternatively, you can just put SR on Golurk and use Roar over that. Another thing you can try out is try Ice Beam > Blizzard on Kyurem. Nothing is more annoying then missing Blizzard when Hail isn't up. Ice Beam also has higher PP which is nice.

Good luck with your team !

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.

You already got some nice suggestions, so I'll keep it to some nitpicks. I'd put Roar somewhere on Heatran, otherwise you'll never beat Quiver Dance + Roost Volcarona. It also helps against annoying Baton Pass (SmashPass) teams. It probably works best over Hidden Power [Ice], seeing you have already got DD Dragons covered with Ice Shard. Alternatively, you can just put SR on Golurk and use Roar over that. Another thing you can try out is try Ice Beam > Blizzard on Kyurem. Nothing is more annoying then missing Blizzard when Hail isn't up. Ice Beam also has higher PP which is nice.

I had never thought of Roar, and I'll try out Ice Beam on Kyurem, thanks for the advice!

I am seconding this suggestion. I always preferred Ice Beam. You do not get any additional KOs with Blizzard except against Ferrothorn. You will beat ferrothorn anyway. Ice Beam is also nice for PP stalling Chansey in Hail. I do not like Golurk in this team. I would recommend using either Scarf Jirachi or SubSplit/SubDisable Gengar instead. Consider using a timid nature on Kyurem. If you do, use this spread: 56 HP(allows you to make 4 subs with Life Orb), 224 Speed, 228 SpAtk.

EDIT@ Princess Bri: 220+ SpA Life Orb Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gengar: 274-325 (104.58 - 124.04%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey hi hello Ciel!~

Hail is cool. Golurk is creative. You get a seal of approval.

The synergy here is decent and you seem to be able to handle quite a few threats. Though, as other users have mentioned, the weakness to Tornadus-T is really dehabilitating. Without a Choice Scarf user, nothing on your team is fast enough to outspeed it while Heatran is your only resist (even though it takes ~35% from Specs Hurricane and with Roar over HP Ice, it can't really hurt Tornadus-T too much in Rain.) I really think this team could use more speed, especially since Starmie is your ONLY way to not get 6-0'd by non-choiced Keldeo. And Starmie has a lot of pressure to take damage to spin or even just to take down Breloom. You have another fight resist, yes, but it can't touch Breloom at all with EQ/Stone Edge. This allows Breloom to set up even more Swords Dances and eventually KO with Bullet Seed. It's not like the combination of Breloom and non-Choice Keldeo is seen on every team, but hopefully you get the idea that Starmie has to carry the weight of the world.

To add a revenge killer + fast and powerful fighting resist, try out a Thundurus-T. It has the awesome ability to switch into Tornadus-T at least once and gain some crucial momentum by Volt Switching out (or nab a KO on the Tornadus-T itself.) It also adds another way to beat Breloom because it can take a +2 Mach Punch and OHKO with HP Ice. It takes a ton of pressure off of Starmie. It also provides you with a second answer to Calm Mind or Life Orb + 4 Attacks Keldeo. Since this game is really quite unpredictable, Starmie may get critted or switch into a completely unexpected move and die, leaving you without a check to the mentioned threats. Having 2 solid answers is never a bad idea. Plus, I'm sure a team like this will enjoy having a powerful and fast Scarfer. Here's the set:
(M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The problem, though, is where to put it. Abomasnow / Heatran / Starmie / Kyurem are irreplaceable since they have such awesome synergy, but Golurk and Landorus play some crucial roles too. You stated that Golurk is only for CB Terrakion, but that's not on every team. I initially wanted to replace this ghostly robot, but in the case that you do play a CB Terrakion, it would be detrimental. Landorus-T is a set-up sweeper and physical attacker, so it seems a bit odd to replace it with a special attacking Scarfer. Something like this would have to be tested to see where the synergy is best. I am leaning toward Golurk, though, since it seems like it could be dead weight against teams that don't have a Terrakion or Pokes similar to it. That's at least what I found when testing out your team to find any big problems. Just do what suits your play style best!

And now, that Landorus-T description seems a bit odd. Are you referring to a past member (possibly Scarf)? Regardless, the EV spread can have a tiny bit of altering to maximize potential. 252 Spe EVs with an Adamant nature doesn't outspeed anything significant with a RP boost. I'd recommend trying an EV spread of 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd. This allows you to outspeed up to Scarf Latios with a boost and the Jolly Breloom speed tier without one. The 76 HP EVs definitely helps with taking random attacks from Pokemon like Ferrothorn or Forretress (which are both awesome set-up bait). If you want to outspeed Timid Venusaur in Sun, you'd have to use a Jolly nature, which has a dramatic effect on damage output:

252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs 0 HP/0 Def Tornadus-T: 94.98% - 112.37% (68.75% chance to OHKO)

252 Atk Landorus-T (+Atk) Stone Edge vs 0 HP/0 Def Tornadus-T: 105.02% - 123.75% (Guaranteed OHKO)

252 +2 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs 252 HP/252 Def Politoed (+Def) : 79.69% - 94.01% (50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock)

252 +2 Atk Landorus-T (+Atk) Earthquake vs 252 HP/252 Def Politoed (+Def) : 87.5% - 103.12% (Guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock)

So stick with Adamant!

And that's about all I got. Good luck with the team! Luvdisc'd~

Summary of Changes

• OR
    • change to Scarf
    • Set:
      • (M) @ Choice Scarf
        Trait: Volt Absorb
        EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
        IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
        - Volt Switch
        - Thunderbolt
        - Focus Blast
        - Hidden Power [Ice]
    • EVs: 76 HP / 252 Atk / 180 Spd

The sheer amount of people that luvdisced such a horrible team has convinced me to leave smogon once and for all. Thank you Dr. Ciel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)