The Desktop Thread

Oh, since Opti has Rainmeter installed (great C&H wallpaper, by the way ^_^), I was wondering, is Rainmeter particularly CPU-intensive? I've been considering installing it.

Not really, unless you decide to fill your entire desk with it i guess. I just use it for some fancy clocks and weather widgets, sometimes an infotab for my ram/cpu and stuff and it doesnt stress my cpu in the slightest.

I love your foobar skin btw pluff, what one is it?

I really prefer minimalism for my themes. Nothing fancy, nothing crazy. Vibrant colors are fine, but I'm really particular for no good reason. For my actual desktop background, I usually go with either a pic from nature that I'd snag from flickr or a picture of my neice or nephew. Dunno if that makes me sappy, but I dun't really mind, I love kids even if I'm not really good with them.

Not really, unless you decide to fill your entire desk with it i guess. I just use it for some fancy clocks and weather widgets, sometimes an infotab for my ram/cpu and stuff and it doesnt stress my cpu in the slightest.

I love your foobar skin btw pluff, what one is it?
Fair enough, I'll install it and play around with it. You just have to say 'customisable' to get me excited. :D

Regarding foobar: uhh~ I had to d/l a few components but it came with most of them at the least (I might have d/led them for some other reason, idk). I'm using ZiX. Remember to disable the WSH Panel Safe Mode like the page instructs you, or you'll get an annoying message when you start f2k up. (File > Preferences > Tools > WSH Panel Mod > un-tick Safe Mode)

I have definitely got to keep looking up what I can do with Rainmeter! I'm using the default Gnometer skin now but there's so much more that can be done and I'm gonna keep playing with it :D

The wallpaper is by deviantART user k3-studio. ^__^ So pretty.

TaiCrunch: That's a pretty sweet Rainmeter setup! I like how you have the dictionary.com Word of the Day feed. xD

This thread got me thinking that I should change some of the programs I use and generally clean the desktop up a bit.

So I did.

At the moment my foobar skin is the default one; I'm having some trouble installing skins.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I had all my icons at the top of my screen for the longest time but there is no way I am covering Olivia's beautiful face. I split the icons into a rough work/play split and its actually pretty good I guess? I generally like my desktop uncluttered, though if i'm working on stuff i'll save it to the desktop for easy access then move it into my folder after.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)