The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

I have no problem with Rodgers winning MVP he did play a great game but 24 of the 31 points came off of turnovers. Its was the defence that won the game. Its just too easy to just give it to the QB because he is the most important player, which is why I never liked the Superbowl MVP award.

Yeah Rodgers won MVP even though the defence won Green Bay the game. They always favor the QB.
ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
ARE YOU EVERLOVING FUCKING KIDDING ME
YOU ARE NOT TROLLING??????? REALLY????????????????

wat.

Anyways, I dunno. This superbowl didn't have "it". Usually there's that one play that you remember. Last year, the onside kick or the tracy porter INT return. The year before that you had the catch by Holmes, and if I remember correctly, the year before that there was the catch by Plaxico.

It was a pretty evenly matched game though.
Whattt, Jordy Nelson did not do it for you? My favorite play was that one where Mendenhall broke a tackle for a first down with that crazy kind of...spider-man like leap out of a tackle? Not even sure how to describe it. It might not have been a 60 yard touchdown, but it sustained a drive in fairly deep territory and kept huge momentum rolling for the Steelers. Who needs a hail mary to find a Super Bowl interesting...?

Another signature play: Green Bay wildly celebrating 14-0, assuming they had just won the Super Bowl with about 3 quarters left. This celebration, in my mind, directly led to the 3 points (I feel like the drive would have stalled out earlier) and could have led to 7 points given up because of the far better field position afforded the Steelers. What a fucking dumb way to try to lose a game in your control, huh?

I was more impressed with Jennings than with Rodgers, but I really just wanted Jennings to win MVP so I could say HE PUT THE TEAM ON HIS BACK. Regardless, I was disappointed that the Steelers blew it =/

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Meh, the Packers just wanted it more. It was painfully obvious while watching the game that Pittsburgh just wasn't getting it done, wasn't clicking. Their defense was average at best, would have looked far worse if the Packers WRs hadn't dropped so many balls. William Gay and McFadden got absolutely TORCHED, and probably were the biggest reason Pittsburgh lost. Also stupid turnovers...blah. Offense was not executing in any part of the game, even in the 4th quarter. The only thing working was the running game (how did we manage to get the edge on GB's defense THAT much??), and we pretty much had to abandon that once we got down 21-3. Just a poorly played game by Pitt, and a well executed game by Green Bay. Hats off to them.

Overall, I felt this year's Super Bowl was extremely underwhelming. Everything from the opening ceremony (how did Christina Aguilera win 5 Grammys singing like THAT!?) to the game itself (not exciting at all) to the halftime show (Black Eyed Peas uuuuugh) to the commercials (I saw exactly ONE commercial that even made me laugh a little, and one additional one that barely brought an amused smile to my face). Is it just me, or are the commercials getting crappier every year? I would just assume forget this Super Bowl ever happened, and not just because my team lost. IMO there wasn't a single redeeming quality to the entire production, save maybe Slash's guitar solo...

Meh, the Packers just wanted it more. It was painfully obvious while watching the game that Pittsburgh just wasn't getting it done, wasn't clicking. Their defense was average at best, would have looked far worse if the Packers WRs hadn't dropped so many balls. William Gay and McFadden got absolutely TORCHED, and probably were the biggest reason Pittsburgh lost. Also stupid turnovers...blah. Offense was not executing in any part of the game, even in the 4th quarter. The only thing working was the running game (how did we manage to get the edge on GB's defense THAT much??), and we pretty much had to abandon that once we got down 21-3. Just a poorly played game by Pitt, and a well executed game by Green Bay. Hats off to them.

Overall, I felt this year's Super Bowl was extremely underwhelming. Everything from the opening ceremony (how did Christina Aguilera win 5 Grammys singing like THAT!?) to the game itself (not exciting at all) to the halftime show (Black Eyed Peas uuuuugh) to the commercials (I saw exactly ONE commercial that even made me laugh a little, and one additional one that barely brought an amused smile to my face). Is it just me, or are the commercials getting crappier every year? I would just assume forget this Super Bowl ever happened, and not just because my team lost. IMO there wasn't a single redeeming quality to the entire production, save maybe Slash's guitar solo...
Pitt had a total net of 126...a long of 18..which was Ben's run after he "hurt" himself. They did average 5.5 a carry but...nothing too impressive. Especially since GB was ranked...18th? against the run. and Mendenhall is...FUCKING GOOD lol
Green Bay had 13 attempts...2 was Rodgers kneeling to win the game...Starks ran 11 times for 52 yards...which isn't BAD....and I know he ran for a big first down towards the end of the game...
but yeah. 11 carries 52 yards to Mendenhal's 14 carries and 63 yards. I'd say the two RBs were about even.
It just looked so much more dominant since Pitt had that one drive that massacred GB....No Woodson hurts everywhereeee.
I just can't believe we ran 11 fucking times and had a lead 21-10 in the 3rd qtr.

I also thought the SB was awesome...but that was my team winning..so I can see you thinking it sucked. lol.
I do agree with the commercials, Black Eyed Peas, and Christina. I hardly watched any of those.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know the average suggests differently, but I seemed to watch a fair number of plays where Mendenhall or even Moore got the edge and gained like 7-8 yards. The average was brought down by the other inside carries that only gained 1-2. Starks, impressively, netted a 4.5 avg against the Steelers. There wasn't enough running to really get a good picture of success, but the Steelers seemed to be getting the edge more than usual. Oh well, in the end it's moot. The better team DID win, and I look forward to the Steelers taking another shot next season.

Only 6 months (to the day) until preseason football starts! lol

Both of these teams are going to be scary good next season, plus have relatively easy schedules to boot. A look at each team's home/away schedules...

Packers:
Home: Saints, Bucs, Broncos, Raiders, Rams
Away: Falcons, Panthers, Chiefs, Chargers, Giants

Steelers:
Home: Jags, Titans, Pats, Seahawks, Rams
Away: Texans, Colts, Chiefs, 49ers, Cards

Figure the two teams are good for 5-1 in division, and they'll probably each be close to 13-3 or 12-4 next season simply due to their easy schedules.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane

Both of these teams are going to be scary good next season, plus have relatively easy schedules to boot. A look at each team's home/away schedules...

Packers:

Steelers:

Figure the two teams are good for 5-1 in division, and they'll probably each be close to 13-3 or 12-4 next season simply due to their easy schedules.
The last time the Steelers had an easy schedule they went 9-7. I prefer the difficult schedules because they tend to play better.

This is assuming there is a season next year, or one not plagued by a lockout...

Granted, I expect the stupid union and stupid owners to work something out for a CBA, but you never know sometimes...

Oyeah. How did we not mention how Christina Agiljereara goofed the national anthem and how Tron: The Musical was so terrible at halftime.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Oyeah. How did we not mention how Christina Agiljereara goofed the national anthem and how Tron: The Musical was so terrible at halftime.
WaterBomb said:
Everything from the opening ceremony (how did Christina Aguilera win 5 Grammys singing like THAT!?) to the game itself (not exciting at all) to the halftime show (Black Eyed Peas uuuuugh) to the commercials (I saw exactly ONE commercial that even made me laugh a little, and one additional one that barely brought an amused smile to my face). Is it just me, or are the commercials getting crappier every year? I would just assume forget this Super Bowl ever happened, and not just because my team lost. IMO there wasn't a single redeeming quality to the entire production, save maybe Slash's guitar solo...
I mentioned it =p

Packers:

Steelers:

d00d. That's a tough looking schedule for GB.
The Bucs...who Aaron Rodgers in two games vs them has 6 interceptions....Are pretty good. Same record as the Pack. Same with the Giants.
Rams, Raiders, and Broncos SHOULD all be wins...but let's remember...we did lose to Washington and Miami at home...Yeah yeah...figuring out our injury problems at the time.
Falcons in Atlanta...AGAIN....o.O
Chiefs were in the Playoffs and the Chargers are GOOD....
The Panthers tho! I'll take it! hahahah

The Steelers get the AFC South....who...sucks cock. hahah
I see the Packers 11-5 at best.
Steelers...idk yet.
Please let there be a season next year.

I think the AFC South will rebound next year. The Texans were without their middle linebacker for most of the year, and were constantly moving defensive players around to fill injury caused holes. The Colts had Reggie Wayne then 5th, 6th, and 7th string wide receivers for most of the year. The Titans could not decide what kind of offensive team they wanted to be, and the Jags generally kept finding ways to win.

Also, don't sleep on the Detroit Lions next year. The NFC North is going to be tough, and the Lions are finally figuring out how to win (thankfully).

The Colts should be fine, but they've still got an aging defense and not a whole lot of talent outside of manning/clark/wayne/freeney. They'll be a dangerous team, and by far the most dangerous team in the AFC South, but they won't be at the level of the Pats, Steelers, and Jets (and Chargers?) next year unless Manning has another awesome year. The Texans were mediocre last year, but hopefully for them Foster will be more than a 1-year-wonder and Schaub will rebound. They did lost a few close games last year and were perhaps better than their record suggested, but as long as that secondary continues to struggle they won't be anything more than a 9-7 team.

As for the Titans, it's going to be too hard to win without a quarterback next year. Sure, they have CJ and a good receiving core, but without a quarterback to bring it together they won't find ways to win. The defense is aging and was in the bottom quarter last year (Even worse than their offense, imagine that!) and that usually is a recipe for disaster. Jacksonville's somewhat intriguing, but they too have a lacking defense and only an adequate offense. Generally you must have a great offense or great defense or an above-average both to contend; except for the Colts, I'm not sure any of these teams have them.

I was saying the Lions were good back when they were 1-5 last year, until they proceeded to lose 5 in a row. They looked very promising at the end of the year, though it was only against average competition (yes, Rodgers-less Packers were only average, despite what they did against the Pats!) but they should be an average team next year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)