The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I think the Eagles grabbing Vince Young is actually a good move. Who better to mentor the emotionally fragile youngin's career in shambles than the fellow (BAN ME PLEASE) who had to rehabilitate himself and took his game to the next level after his own self-induced fiasco? :jump: But seriously, it's probably the best place for him.

Because they signed Matt Spaeth for far less money than Olsen would have cost. 6'9" tight end? You're welcome.
Why, who will back up Heath Miller now?!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Cullen Jenkins signs 5 year $25 million dollar deal with the Eagles. Possible opt-out clause after 1 year, where the Eagles only pay him $4 million in that case.

Why are the Eagles so good? :D

Saints Colts...so "the last time" is both teams and recently!
The Saints were coming off an 8-8 season where they were last in their division and the Colts I believe got shellshocked by the Chargers at home in the divisional playoffs. Were they really the favorites going into the following year?

Looks like Jets have finished wrapping up Cromartie, making Edwards the definite casualty in the 3 big free agents they have. Good move, although I still say Revis & Cromartie sounds more like a law firm than the Jets CB duo...

Jets also got Burress to fill in the void by Edwards (unless Edwards is gonna sign for low), not bad considering Plaxico can't be in any worse shape than everyone else during the lockout; not that bad of an investment for $3mil for a year, especially if he returns to form. At any rate, Sanchez shouldn't be lacking for targets to throw at, as both are capable of big plays.

I thought the Saints were coming off of 9-7 and that the Brees situation had people on their bandwagon, I will concede I could be off on that for sure. I am confident that the Colts were the favorite that year, however, since the Patriots missed the playoffs and the Colts were coming off of a thousand straight 12-4+ seasons. The Titans and Ravens both made for poor picks because of their quarterback situations, and I guess everyone just hates the Steelers. Chargers were given some credence because of beating the Colts, but they were also 8-8 so the Colts were still the standalone AFC favorite.

Anyway, if you are unhappy with me saying Saints-Colts, well guess what, Packers last year were a prominent favorite (top three at least for sure, but I definitely do not remember the exact order this time). Teams that are favored can make it and win for sure, although the media likes to bandwagon on big city teams et cetera that make their picks more inconsistent than they could be certainly.

Teams that are favored can make it and win for sure, although the media likes to bandwagon on big city teams et cetera that make their picks more inconsistent than they could be certainly.
So true, god my local state paper had Cowboys/Patriots almost every fucking year for several straight years as the picks for Super Bowl teams. Sooo annoying, especially given how evil and repugnant both teams are...

The only thing that makes me feel better about the Eagles is the fact that the Redskins would always get big name players, yet they never accomplished ANYTHING. The Eagles aren't the Redskins at all, but with all that personality I can only hope they self destruct until Vick ages a bit more. ;-;

Nooooooooo, my boy Randy is calling it quits it seems =[ In my opinion, he was the most naturally talented receiver that has ever played in the NFL, though I would rather have Rice and a few others on my team before him simply because of his terrible work ethic. At the very least, he provided a great deal of entertainment both on and off the field. Too bad my 84 jersey (with Daunte Culpepper autograph for maximum lulz) doesn't fit me anymore =[

Panthers bring in Derek Anderson to mentor and compete with Cam Newton...well, if they want to fuck up Newton's career by having Anderson mentor him, they're off to a great start imo. Considering what a laughingstock Anderson is...

The people on ESPN are saying that he probably just didn't want to get signed to a shitty team. So if he comes back it would be when a great team like the Pats or the eagles need a WR.

If the eagles actually managed to get Randy Moss.. NFL football would be the new NBA.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think it's a bit early to crown the Eagles just yet. We haven't even seen any football. You can have all the big names and talent that you want, but if it doesn't mesh together well your team will falter. Synergy and chemistry are a huge part of football, as is coaching. So why don't we wait until the midpoint of the season before we jump on the Eagles bandwagon, eh?

Panthers bring in Derek Anderson to mentor and compete with Cam Newton...well, if they want to fuck up Newton's career by having Anderson mentor him, they're off to a great start imo. Considering what a laughingstock Anderson is...
Anderson went to the Pro Bowl under the Panthers' new OC. He knows the system and can show Newton what he needs to do ON THE FIELD. I'm still not sure why people think Anderson is crazy after his interview. At least he isn't satisfied with sucking.

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Eagles sign Ronnie Brown to a 1 year deal. Specifics unknown (will update when I found out), but I know that he got offers from the Chargers, Ravens, and Rams, and took the lowest contract offer of the four (the Eagles).

Sources indicate.. that Ex-Dolphin quarterback Joey Harrington was riding his bicycle.. yes bicycle.. and was struck by an SUV 2 days ago.. he is in the hosptial with a broken collarbone, punctured lung, and a laceration on his head.. but he'll be okay cuz he was wearing a helmet! Use the bike lane and beware of SUVs kids

Sources indicate.. that Ex-Dolphin quarterback Joey Harrington was riding his bicycle.. yes bicycle.. and was struck by an SUV 2 days ago.. he is in the hosptial with a broken collarbone, punctured lung, and a laceration on his head.. but he'll be okay cuz he was wearing a helmet! Use the bike lane and beware of SUVs kids
Moron, the article clearly states that there were no bike lanes where he was riding. Also, fuck him for using a mode of transportation that requires physical exertion! He's clearly not in good enough shape for that kind of strenous activity!

Anderson went to the Pro Bowl under the Panthers' new OC. He knows the system and can show Newton what he needs to do ON THE FIELD. I'm still not sure why people think Anderson is crazy after his interview. At least he isn't satisfied with sucking.
It's not the interview, it's just been his whole sucky tenure with the Cardinals for the year, failure with the Browns besides 1 good year. Not to mention he was an alternate to the Pro Bowl in 2008, which basically means nothing.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everything Randy Moss has done in the last year has made the Patriots organization look like geniuses. Getting rid of him was a baffling move that was highly criticized at the time but they must have been laughing out loud in their conference room after the retirement announcement. He'll probably wind up in the HoF at some point but I really hope they don't make it a first ballot. He's in the same boat as TO imo, great players who put up huge numbers but ultimately have no respect for the game or their teammates.

At least I can say I went to his last home game as a Patriot :D. I saw his last catch as a Pat too!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
What? TO has far more respect for the game in his pinky nail than Moss does in his entire body. He might be a dick, or was until the past few years, but at least you know TO is always giving it 100% on every play in every game.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Fun fact, by the sounds of things, the Patriots are no longer a 3-4 defense. Belicheck has put Wilfork and Haynesworth next to each other and moved Jermaine Cunningham into fulltime DE from Linebacker making them a 4-3 with a hefty as all fuck front line.

People are saying Cunningham is looking like a true pass-rushing stud, but I don't know about that quite yet. Need to see it to believe it. But just Wilfork and Haynesworth up the middle together is a scary enough thought. A) You simply cannot double team both, meaning one of them will be able to get free, and B) "What the fuck is a draw play?" asked opposing offenses.

P.S. As hilarious as Ochocinco to the Pats is, I will reserve thoughts until I see it, but I do have this to say about it. How much do you think Aaron Hernandez was paid to give Ochocinco the number 85?

Except Barry Sanders, he did it so Sweetness' record would remain intact!
Sanders retired because the Lions probably made him very seriously suicidal...he was only one season out from 2053 yards! Besides, he did not need to take any spot to have staked his claim as best of all time, only Jim Brown is even plausibly arguably better.

Valkyries, whether a team runs 3-4 or 4-3 hardly matters anyway, personnel and coaching matters much more...Patriots defense sucked this year, it can only likely improve no matter what scheme they choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)