The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Falcons are locked in as a Wild-Card at (9-5).
They'll end up (10-6) at the end of the Regular Season.

In The Hunt in the NFC are Chicago Bears, Dallas Cowboys, Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals.

The second tiebreaker for the wild card is conference record, which will be used if multiple teams finish 9-7 (unless they played each other).

The Cowboys can't finish 10-6 unless they win the division, and at 9-7 they'll be 7-5 in conference play.

The Bears are 6-3 in conference play, and if they finish 9-7 they'll be 8-4 in conference play.

The Seahawks and Cardinals play each other, so they cannot both finish 9-7. If Arizona wins out, they'll be 7-5 in conference, and the Seahawks will be 8-4 in conference if they win out. The Seahawks also play the bears this week, with the possibility of claiming that tiebreaker with a win.

The Lions are 6-5 in conference, but with the Green Bay Packers left on their schedule it's likely they finish 6-6 in conference play.

It's true almost every year: 10 wins makes the playoffs. Occasionally (usually once every year or two) there's a team with 10 wins that's left out, but that's not likely to happen this year. The Falcons have the easiest path to 10 wins, while the Seahawks and Cardinals by far have the hardest.

My guess: Chicago and Seattle finish 8-8, Arizona 7-9, and Dallas and Detroit finish 9-7. Dallas would win the tiebreaker in that scenario.

It's worth noting that the Giants currently have a 4-6 conference record, so if they do not win the division (read: lose to the Cowboys), it is nearly impossible for them to make the playoffs unless the Lions, Bears, Seahawks, and Cards all finish 8-8 or worse.

Tom Brady is 1-6 against the Denver Broncos
That's honestly a stat I never would have expected at all!

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If Big Ben doesn't play this Monday in the one game we really need him then I will forever hate the Browns, more so than I already do =/.

Does anyone actually believe in Gabbert? He has not looked good the last couple of games. And I'm really surprised how the Cardinals are winning games with Skelton has qb. Patrick Peterson looks like a really good pick right now.

RG3 to the Jags dammit

I hope the Falcons shut the jags out. I don't think the Falcons have gotten a single shutout since Mike Smith has been coaching.

edit: fuck me :(

I guess the Jaguars do! He's only eclipsed 200 yards three times this season...

Still, he was pressed into the role much like Clausen was last year, which is never a good idea.

Fun stat about Timmy Tebow:

espn research something said:
Since entering in the 4th quarter against the Chargers in Week 5, Tim Tebow and the Broncos have played 153 minutes and 33 in the 4th quarter and overtime. Tebow has had tremendous success in the the 4th quarter and overtime, so one might ask, what would be like if Tebow played a whole season like he's been playing in the 4th quarter and overtime? Well assuming a season of 16 games and no overtime, that would amount to 960 minutes. Divided that by 153 minutes and 33 seconds and you get roughly 6.25. If you multiply Tebow's 4th quarter and overtime numbers you would get quite a Pro Bowl season! It would include 4,812 pass yards, 37 TD passes (against just 6 interceptions). It would also include 1,350 rush yards and 12 rush TD! But it should be noted that Tebow would also be sacked 50 times! Last season Jay Cutler was sacked an NFL-leading 52 times.

RG3 to the Jags dammit

I hope the Falcons shut the jags out. I don't think the Falcons have gotten a single shutout since Mike Smith has been coaching.
They shutout the Raiders in Smiths first year.

Matty Ice doing work. He will easily get to 30 tds this season.

Pretty fucking embarrassing: Judging from the TV shots, the Georgia Dome is about a third full at the moment with an entire quarter left to play, with more people headed out.

Atlanta fans kind of bug me, as thanks to years of losing a lot of us aren't very devoted to our team :x

Pretty fucking embarrassing: Judging from the TV shots, the Georgia Dome is about a third full at the moment with an entire quarter left to play, with more people headed out.

Atlanta fans kind of bug me, as thanks to years of losing a lot of us aren't very devoted to our team :x
gotta beat dat atl traffic l0l

Does anyone actually believe in Gabbert? He has not looked good the last couple of games. And I'm really surprised how the Cardinals are winning games with Skelton has qb. Patrick Peterson looks like a really good pick right now.
When did anyone believe in Gabbert? He started out throwing 45%, and has mildly improved since then. He probably will get another year, but no one has any reason to particularly expect anything from him. Remember, more often than not a second year is bad/worse than the first year e.g. Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford (both worse)

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Sure, second-years often hit the sophomore slump. That's unlikely for Gabbert, though, 'cause he's really got nowhere to go but up!

Ha, the way I said that, it almost sounded like a good thing.

Fabbles

LN_Slayer
is a Contributor Alumnus
My guess: Chicago and Seattle finish 8-8, Arizona 7-9, and Dallas and Detroit finish 9-7. Dallas would win the tiebreaker in that scenario.
Wouldn't Detroit win the tiebreaker because of their win over Dallas? If they are the only two 9-7 teams.

Would be cool to see 4 13-3 teams from the AFC. Especially because it would mean the Steelers would be a wildcard team and the Ravens would be the number #1 seed. =D

If Gabbert is completing under 55% next year he should no longer be playing as a starting quarterback after next year Jorgen, it does not matter if a slump is unlikely.

Fabbles I am fucking excited for the possibility of seven 12+ win teams. (and have been since before last week :@)

Two interceptions 10 minutes into the first quarter and not even a single field goal? Against the Redskins? Good job Giants.

I knew we didn't deserve #1 D in the league, but I thought we were at least good. Lack of Wade hurts I guess.

Edit: Wow, could've fooled me. Good thing I knew better than to trust a D that only played one explosive O... and gave up 40 points. I figured we'd still win against the Panthers' D, but no dice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)