The Everything NFL Thread: 2011-2012 Season (plus free agency I guess)

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it's not too surprising the Packers finally lost, it is rather embarrassing they lost to a team as mediocre as the Chiefs...I mean I was expecting a blowup of them after halftime, but guess not...

Maybe this is a sign Tebow will beat the Patriots...

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well the Chiefs have an (arguably) better head coach AND QB this week than they have all season, so maybe they deserve a little more credit?

there's lots to talk about

- the colts finally got their first win lol
- the packers lost for the first time. losing their edge?
- tim tebow is gonna destroy tom brady!!
- the texans looked hopeless at home against the the panthers :l
- the giants got pimpslapped by the redskins
- drew brees throws for 412 yards and makes a huge step closer to the record

--

the falcons offense looked flawless against the 4th ranked defense in the league i think?

no? ok :(

+i'm sure there will be something crazy that happens on SNF

I want an honest answer out of this: How many of you legitimately believe that the Denver Tebows have a good chance of winning on Sunday?
Not saying that I expect the score to stay like this, but I consider my words eaten.

Though I'm thinking it has more to do with a "few" missed tackles by the Pats :x

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
lolgiants

just reminding everyone that rex grossman is 5-6 as a starter compared to becks 0-3 or whatever, and was literally 2 special teams fuckups (blocked 45 yarder, missed 49 yarder) from being 7-4, while damn near beating the patriots and being competitive in 3 quarters against the jets

the point is of course that once we get RGIII, we're going to be incredible offensively because our scheme is stupidly good and has WRs wide open every fucking play despite grossman being unable to throw out routes or roll out (also roy helu and leonard hankerson being future studs at their positions, and davis williams being a top 5 TE and LT if they get off the weed)

My Dolphins don't lose to some overrated and over payed Harvard Graduate who looks like a 40 year old hobo.

Bush running for days with those 200 rushing yards.

Dammit

Tebow only misses 6 passes and the broncos lose (most likely)

Defense why u no play???

Now sports channels will be filled with Packers lose instead of Tebow time again!

:(

--

also if the raiders had've held on, the cardinals would have a better chance at the playoffs.

TIM TEBOW AIN'T SHIT YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST SECOND THIRD FOURTH FIFTH SIXTH SEVENTH AND EIGHTH

every one of you who thought tim tebow is a real nfl quarterback may proceed to never pretend to understand football again thanks, this is a strategy, and not the worst one for a BAD team and a BAD quarterback, but it will be obliterated by any elite offense

denver gotta lose 2 straight games vs buffalo and kc while oakland has to win 2 against kc and sd

rip oakland q.q

edit: and hue is the worst coach is fucking history trading for palmer and throwing on 3rd and 3 fuck me

edit2: actually if denver loses to kc and oakland wins out oakland wins we have a chance

The problem is the more we (people) talk about Tim Tebow and the Broncos, it just becomes a huge band wagon or hate when a real elite team kicks their ass and Tebow becomes exposed.

If your a Broncos fan you have every right to defend your team but if you support a different team then it seems a bit ridiculous.

At least I won't have to watch full coverage on SportsCenter about the Tebow bandwagoning.

TIM TEBOW AIN'T SHIT YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST SECOND THIRD FOURTH FIFTH SIXTH SEVENTH AND EIGHTH

every one of you who thought tim tebow is a real nfl quarterback may proceed to never pretend to understand football again thanks, this is a strategy, and not the worst one for a BAD team and a BAD quarterback, but it will be obliterated by any elite offense
He didn't have a bad game :s

Defense (you know the one thing people around here said was good) and random ass fumbles all over the place let the team down for the most part lol. 400+ yards and 3 fumbles lost is p hard to overcome for any "elite" qb

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

ITT: CaptKirby too busy foaming at the mouth to write coherent sentences. Although whenever I hear people like Skip Bayless talk about Tebow I understand why CK gets like this.

It was actually Tebow's best game statistically. Not much he can do when the rest of his team is coughing up fumbles on Special Teams and giving the best QB of all time awesome field position. It's a lot to ask of any QB to put up 41 points, let alone someone who is essentially still a rookie. He's still going to be hosting a home game in the playoffs. Take off your hater glasses

Pointing out CK's shortcomings is distracting me from the main stories of that game though: Carter's injury and Ochocinco's TD catch. I don't know how I feel after this game, but it's always nice to see my Pats beat a playoff contender on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)