The Everything NFL Thread - 2013-2014 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
#DrownMeForClowney
#HitWithACarForBarr
#HoseMeForMosley
#BrandForLewan

If this is what the lowly Panties can do to us, I'm pretty afraid to see what the Packers and Seahawks will do
Mad. How r u btw? ^___________^

uragg

Walking the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
is a Contributor Alumnus
ravens make me so sad =[

oline sucks, campbell looked like big ben with all the f*ckin 3rd down conversions =[

really thought our offense would have caught its stride and be more explosive by now, i mean i don't think our receiving corps is even that bad among smith brown jones and even doss/thompson have caught some balls and got open =[

After Detroitlolcat's predictions, the Ravens have transformed from a slightly above average team to a mediocre one....fuck. #curseofthelolcat
the ravens were never a slightly above average team, but they simply aren't bad enough to lose out from here.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know it ultimately had zero influence on the game's outcome but I am still salty about that completely missed PI call on the first INT. Playing in New England really sucks -_-

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The Jets are 5-4 (what?) and don't play another good team for the rest of the year apart from the Panthers. They will likely be 10-6 (what?) and win a wild card spot to make the playoffs (what?).

Granted, it is difficult to see how they can be consistent if their QB throws for 115 yards in a full length football game.

at Bills
at Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
at Panthers
Browns
at Dolphins

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well the Jets have been following a very consistent pattern of being good one week and terrible the next, so I suspect they will end up 8-8. Unless their upcoming BYE week throws off the trend, then things could change. I still doubt they would beat the Ravens, Dolphins 2x, and Browns.

I know it ultimately had zero influence on the game's outcome but I am still salty about that completely missed PI call on the first INT. Playing in New England really sucks -_-
Seriously, what is with the Steelers this year? I'm not a fan of them by any means, but still, even I don't like to see an organization like that struggling. Is it just me, or is this season a little topsy turvy? Idk, I feel like there are a lot of typically strong teams that are failing to produce like they have in the past.

I'm a Colts fan, so I'm still reveling in our awesome last two games. I mean, I'll always love Peyton, of course, but I'm a COLTS fan not a Peyton fan, and Luck beating him in Indy was pretty awesome, albeit a little bittersweet perhaps. And I mean, c'mon, that comeback last night? Then again, we never should have been in that position to begin with against the Texans, but still it was in Houston and they had that rocking start. Glad we keep making these comebacks! Hope we can keep it up even without Reggie!!

The Jets are 5-4 (what?) and don't play another good team for the rest of the year apart from the Panthers. They will likely be 10-6 (what?) and win a wild card spot to make the playoffs (what?).

Granted, it is difficult to see how they can be consistent if their QB throws for 115 yards in a full length football game.

at Bills
at Ravens
Dolphins
Raiders
at Panthers
Browns
at Dolphins
They just need to keep getting more than 200 rush yards and they're done oldschool way

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
The Saints run defense is not even close to good, all the attention Rob Ryan is getting in New Orleans is because they rush the hell out of the QB. The Bills, had they had a healthy CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson and EJ Manuel and jesus christ we are hurt may possibly have done the same thing the Jets did, just like they did to the Chiefs yesterday. In both games, turnovers by practice squad QBs (2 different ones in 2 weeks, I might add) doomed them. Once the Jets run into a competent defense (Bills without Justin Rogers at CB, Dolphins, Browns, DEFINITELY Panthers) they are going to have problems.

When are you guys going to start giving the jets credit? Specifically Rex Ryan. Who already proved he is one of the best coaches in the league. Jesus it took Mark Sanchez playing at an all time clown level for them to get below 8 wins. And now he is winning with a terrible rookie qb. The guy deserves a lot of credit. Hes clearly one of the best defeinsive minds in the game.

Saying that, i can see the Jets losing all those games and finish 5-11.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
When are you guys going to start giving the jets credit?
When they get a real QB and can play well two weeks in a row? Rex Ryan might be one of the best defensive minds in the game, but he's certainly not one of the best coaches. I give credit to the Jets' run defense and offensive line, but the rest of the team is pitiful and will prevent them from making any meaningful impact this season.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
I wasn't going to, but I actually felt the second half of his post was reasonable so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and addressed the first half.

The Saints run defense is not even close to good, all the attention Rob Ryan is getting in New Orleans is because they rush the hell out of the QB. The Bills, had they had a healthy CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson and Stevie Johnson and EJ Manuel and jesus christ we are hurt may possibly have done the same thing the Jets did, just like they did to the Chiefs yesterday. In both games, turnovers by practice squad QBs (2 different ones in 2 weeks, I might add) doomed them. Once the Jets run into a competent defense (Bills without Justin Rogers at CB, Dolphins, Browns, DEFINITELY Panthers) they are going to have problems.
??? Whatever you think about Geno Smith, the Saints came into this week with a very highly rated pass D and a very low rated rush D, which has worked for them all season since rushing is not very important. The Saints did not give up a special amount of yards, just perfectly average for 2013, and 10 Jets points were a direct result of interceptions (off just 60 yards worth of play for 10 points). If Brees had thrown only the first interception, your post would possibly (like 50/50 imo) have no application.

NFL games are all tough, a ton of them are close. Your point about how the Bills could have competed might be fair, my memory on that game is worse at this point. I do not think it is fair to say the rushing really affected the outcome of the Saints-Jets contest, their defensive plan basically worked except when they were suddenly expected to defend 40 yards of field...shit just goes down some weeks.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hm really not sure what to think about the whole incognito situation in miami, knew he was a shit so i guess im not surprised. With a qb who already has no clue how to get rid of the ball, its about time to start kicking fieldgoals on third down before tannehill gets sacked to take us out of fieldgoal range as usual ._.

i think hazing has always been bullying and needed to be dealt with ages ago but this isn't the first time we've heard of ridiculous "hazing" like dez bryant paying 30k for dinner. fwiw, im sure incognito is a racist, or at least raised by one judging from the way his dad talks, but i dont think this is something new...too many red flags right now anyway like why this wasn't reported by martin earlier and why did incognito message him in the first place?

also i dont think this has much to do with race as "white man hates black guy", more that the guys just didnt like martin / vet "privilege" and incognito didn't have any qualms about trying to insult him. whether there's more to this story than meets the eye, idk, so i wont comment on it anymore than that

Last edited:

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
As a Lions fan, I'm thrilled Cutler's coming back next week. The best quarterback on the Bears will be on the bench then, and the 2nd-best quarterback (and the best healthy one) will get to face the 5th-best quarterback in the division.

Also, what luck for the Packers! As soon as Rodgers goes down, the Bills accidentally release this Matt Flynn fellow, a Super Bowl champion with a 90+ passer rating who's completed 65% of his passes!

Speaking of Matt Flynn, we can now add Jeff "LOL JEFF TUEL LOL" Tuel to the list of quarterbacks that Flynn could not beat for a job.

I dunno, will the Packers sign Flynn? I'm sure their offense has changed in the...3? years since he left, so it's not a plug n play fit IMO. But yeah, failing to have a proper backup might bite them in the butt now for a bit, which they can't afford since the NFC North is all tied up.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Seneca Wallace isn't THAT terrible. I'm sure with some actual first team reps he'll be able to function until Rodgers gets back without them having to sign someone else. Flynn is not an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)