The Everything NFL Thread - 2016-17 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
My general rule of thumb is to not count anything a quarterback does when the opposing team has pulled their starting QB.
I am only counting it to show bortles has skills when there's no pressure, which means he's been CRACKING UNDER PRESSURE. I think that's a fair assumption.
It's not the coaching staff's fault Bortles literally can't even throw a decent spiral
you very obviously didn't watch Bortles last year. we're all talking about him REGRESSING, not STAYING THE SAME. huge difference. regression is on the staff.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The coaching staff can only do so much, it's ultimately up to WARBORTLES to put in the work and fix his mechanics. He obviously was able to do it with some regularity last year, so it's not like he doesn't have the physical ability. He deserves at least some of the blame, even if the coaching staff isn't coaching him correctly (which we have no idea, for all we know they're trying their damndest to coach him up and he's just sucking, or vice versa).

I am only counting it to show bortles has skills when there's no pressure, which means he's been CRACKING UNDER PRESSURE. I think that's a fair assumption.
Do you mean no pressure psychologically?

Or physically because teams are playing prevent and literally not bringing pressure allowing him to amass copious amounts of garbage time stats

Last edited:
Anyone making the argument that Tom Brady shouldn't be MVP because the Pats did well without him or because hes only gonna play in 12 games should be barred from talking about football for life.

Dude leads the NFL in every (non volume) statistical category by a ridiculous margin

San Diego ran four failed pass plays in a row on the 2 yard line when they needed a TD and 2PC to tie with Denver. Fuck what's going on in the league, how about we all boycott until OCs quit making shitty calls or the bad ones are all fired. Not one run play, when their back has a hundred yards in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)