The Everything NHL Thread

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have no problem with the Sens, I'd put them 3rd favourite on my list of Canadian teams, behind Vancouver and Montreal.

Also, for those of you who want to talk fantasy and possibly join in on Team Smogon for NHL 09, feel free to join #NHL09 on irc.

Wasn't Pavelec mad that Waddell broke his promise in saying he would play this year? I don't think he'd want to stick around after that lol
It was his agent that was upset but that was a while ago and he reported to Chicago. I think his agent was originally threatening that he wouldn't report to AHL but I think after Waddel explained the situation there was no problems.

I wish I was in your Fantasy League. Though the Fantasy League I'm in has a lot of people I know IRL, they don't like to trade that much (and they only like fairly one-sided trades). =/ I swear to god this one guy kept offering me Carcillo and Blake for Crosby. =/

I wish I was in your Fantasy League. Though the Fantasy League I'm in has a lot of people I know IRL, they don't like to trade that much (and they only like fairly one-sided trades). =/ I swear to god this one guy kept offering me Carcillo and Blake for Crosby. =/
Sounds like a good deal to me haha which blake

Jason Blake. I remember the seventh time around he wrote a message saying "If you don't take this, you're an idiot" or something along those lines. The same guy also wrote me a paragraph on another trade saying how Crosby wasn't going to do anything and that I should take his Tim Thomas + some random dude.

Jason Blake. I remember the seventh time around he wrote a message saying "If you don't take this, you're an idiot" or something along those lines. The same guy also wrote me a paragraph on another trade saying how Crosby wasn't going to do anything and that I should take his Tim Thomas + some random dude.
Haha thats really funny. Counter offer him a free agent or something via chat, hey, ill give you jordan leopold for so and so. :D Why didnt you get in our league anyways, you seem active enough...

Ya I don't take trading too seriously anymore, at one point I wanted to make a trade where I traded some guy for all his players, but was too lazy to click the drops needed. The reason I'm not in your league is probably because I discovered this thread/league like a week after it filled.

DM, in one of your previous posts you mentioned Buffalo going on a quite a skid after the Winter Classic.

I remember from the pictures in the photo album that you managed to snag some tickets for it. Everywhere I look for the game this year in Chicago, it says that there won't be any public ticket sales. How did you end up getting tickets (eBay?, Stubhub?) and how much were they each?

Buffalo had a larger venue since it was for football and not baseball and thus they were able to make tickets publicly available. The only way to get tickets to the current outdoor game is to be a season ticket holder for the Cubs or Blackhawks right now, and from what I can tell for someone living in Michigan it'll be about as difficult to get tickets for as the games in Pittsburgh were in the cup finals.

And you had to live within a state of Pennsylvania to buy tickets for those!

EDIT: Also unrelated edit, but those of you who play 09 online will probably want to check this - http://www.easports.com/nhl09/blog.jsp?itemID=littman1029

Mostly good for our team, I think, since mostly it fixes bullshit that we don't tend to use to begin with.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
DM, in one of your previous posts you mentioned Buffalo going on a quite a skid after the Winter Classic.

I remember from the pictures in the photo album that you managed to snag some tickets for it. Everywhere I look for the game this year in Chicago, it says that there won't be any public ticket sales. How did you end up getting tickets (eBay?, Stubhub?) and how much were they each?
I paid $80 each, if I remember correctly, and what Teifu said is true. I got really lucky, a woman I work with had the internet window open at 9am (they went on sale at 10am) and continually refreshed until it let her order. She ordered 10 total for everyone who told her they were interested, including my sister, brother-in-law and I. It was absolutely perfect, but suffice to say I would have never gone to the game if it wasn't for my co-worker.

Good luck though, I hope you can find a way to the game. It's an experience I won't soon forget.

I paid $80 each, if I remember correctly, and what Teifu said is true. I got really lucky, a woman I work with had the internet window open at 9am (they went on sale at 10am) and continually refreshed until it let her order. She ordered 10 total for everyone who told her they were interested, including my sister, brother-in-law and I. It was absolutely perfect, but suffice to say I would have never gone to the game if it wasn't for my co-worker.

Good luck though, I hope you can find a way to the game. It's an experience I won't soon forget.
I am going to be desperately trying to get tickets to the Chicago classic and if I cant get tickets I think I'm going there anyways around that time so I'll probably walk around by the stadium with lots of cash for tickets :D

I am going to be desperately trying to get tickets to the Chicago classic and if I cant get tickets I think I'm going there anyways around that time so I'll probably walk around by the stadium with lots of cash for tickets :D
Hell, you could probably set up a hot chocolate stand and make a shit load of money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)