The Everything NHL Thread

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Not gonna lie, that's pretty genius.

So my Sabres decided not to wait until midseason and seem to be in their yearly slump right now. They were #1 in SI's Power Rankings this week... they're going to tumble like crazy after this terrible 0-2-1 stretch. (The two losses were both 5-2, and neither were close at any point.)

sounds like a plan we should all go
if you want to go i can see if i can get extra tickets on the morning of but youd have to stay in a hotel or something, my girlfriend and I are going to be staying at her brothers so. Same goes for anyone else that would like to go

Not gonna lie, that's pretty genius.

So my Sabres decided not to wait until midseason and seem to be in their yearly slump right now. They were #1 in SI's Power Rankings this week... they're going to tumble like crazy after this terrible 0-2-1 stretch. (The two losses were both 5-2, and neither were close at any point.)
How do you feel about Andrew Peters

also posting excerpts from a rare interview with capitals hermit-recluse semin

Alexander Semin said:
What's so special about [Crosby]? I don't see anything special there. Yes, he does skate well, has a good head, good pass. But there's nothing else. Even if you compare him to Patrick Kane from Chicago ... [Kane] is a much more interesting player. The way he moves, his deking abilities, his thinking on the ice and his anticipation of the play is so superb.
I loved this response here lol. I think partly because I'd be under the impression the Caps/Pens rivalry was mostly just in the media and Alexander "someone apparently put a hit on Malkin through me" Ovechkin's head so it's good to see Semin throwing some low blows, too.

Semin(tee hee) said:
And in Russia people like beautiful hockey, and not dump and chase. I just don't get it, why when a player is skating up the ice and no one is attacking him, he dumps the puck into the offensive zone and then chases it? Why would you do this if there is no one forechecking you? I understand that if there is someone coming at you and you don't know whether you can get past that player, then you can dump the puck, pass it or shoot. But if not, then hold on to the puck, skate forward, create a chance.
The begining of this reminded me of why he will never be as cool as Ovechkin but he reminds me why I love him anyway... clearly he should come play in Detroit where we basically don't dump at all unless we're going to go get it ourselves(Draper) but since we don't have room he'll be fine in 90s Detroit Jr. with Fedorov and Ovechkin. If only had they had some Russian defensemen...

It's kind of funny how pro-Russia most of his answers are, kinda makes me worry about retaining him in the NHL his whole career(http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/pu...t=ArAlhwybDUckA65ggzznjFBivLYF?urn=nhl,118770)

I think he's pretty worthless as a Sabre, his skill sets are much better suited for the Western Conference.
180 games or so and 6 points. I laughed, when I went to the wings preseason game and watched i caught him at warmups and told my girlfriend he would see two shifts. He saw exactly two shifts, but drew 2 penalties on the Wings so he does what they roster him for. Interesting looking guy though

Just wanted to let you guys know I pumped some kid in my game last night :D knuckles are all tore up and what not :D Just call me Andrew Peters, but wait dont,because i have 15 points in 11 games so I already beat his whole career

Just wanted to let you guys know I pumped some kid in my game last night :D knuckles are all tore up and what not :D Just call me Andrew Peters, but wait dont,because i have 15 points in 11 games so I already beat his whole career
No no, we would call you Andrew Peters if you got beat up by an opposing goalie...

Well I just saw a commercial where Mats Sundin is advertising PokerStars.net, lol. Maybe this is the new 'team' he was considering. ;P
I saw that too. I'm pretty sure this indicates that he's an asshole. Watch for him to try to sneak his way onto 'toronto/the sports netowork' as a color guy

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As I recall, Emery fought off the guy he was fighting, then went after Peters, then took him down as well.
More like, Biron went after Emery even though Emery outweights him by about 80 pounds. Emery quickly grounded him and then Andrew Peters jumped on Emery to defend his undersized goalie. Emery couldn't do much against Peters with all that equipement on and luckily for Emery, who clearly got his ass whooped, he didn't get injured, because none of his team-mates came to help him fight off Peters.

what what flames extend their winning streak!! Looks like they've found their game a bit, realized that they have alot of talent. Kiprusoff was first star of last week and is going to be one of the top stars this week.

DM: Looks like the flames and sabres switched roles for a bit...

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
More like, Biron went after Emery even though Emery outweights him by about 80 pounds. Emery quickly grounded him and then Andrew Peters jumped on Emery to defend his undersized goalie. Emery couldn't do much against Peters with all that equipement on and luckily for Emery, who clearly got his ass whooped, he didn't get injured, because none of his team-mates came to help him fight off Peters.
Yeah, this. I give Biron full credit for fighting Emery because he clearly didn't stand a chance, Emery was a boxer. Peters just wanted to fight ANYONE, so he went over and defended Biron.

And then we traded Biron a few days later. Fucking sad.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Haha, that was fucking brilliant.

So, last night, Isles were up 4-1 at the end of the second period. However, this being the Islanders, they decided to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. The score at the end of the 3rd: 5-4 Montreal.

If sports were actually important I think I would have killed myself.

sounds like a plan we should all go
If anyone in this thread knows someone who has Blackhawks or Cubs season tickets and they could get them to make the purchase for us, I'd be more than willing to hang with you guys for the day at the big game.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who does so I can't be of any help. :(

If anyone in this thread knows someone who has Blackhawks or Cubs season tickets and they could get them to make the purchase for us, I'd be more than willing to hang with you guys for the day at the big game.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone who does so I can't be of any help. :(
Can probably do it anyways depending on how far out we want to be, i know people who live like, next door to Wrigley, so we could probably pay people who have stands on their roofs and watch from afar haha

That's very possible, since my memory was rather vague. I just remember Emery fighting someone, then Peters.

The Leafs scored 5 random goals against the Rangers in the third period. Rangers don't seem to want to waste a Henrik Lundqvist start on us. xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)