The Everything NHL Thread

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
So I think instead of banning morons from Firebot we should just set them up with internships in the NHL to become referees. Some other forum must already have instituted this system because honestly this season's group has to be the most incompetent group of officials I have ever seen in any sport ever. Yet another goal was waved due to referee incompetence, again due to a penalty on Holmstrom for Interference where he was about half a foot from the goalie and not in the crease. The commentators ripped apart the call for approximately 87 minutes which made me feel better but honestly where do they get these refs...

This is already the third or fourth goal Holmstrom has been involved with being waived this season and this is like halfway through game 9 or something.

EDIT: Oh look, ANOTHER non-penalty on Holmstrom. It's getting progressively more difficult to believe this isn't intentional.
I'm agreeing with this completely. It's been painful to watch the last 2 Sabres games, not only because we lost but the officiating has been laughable at best, terrible at worst.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont think my team could have put up better numbers offensively, but i still got smoked.

Vineons strategy is flawless, just stream crappy players that no one will pick up ;___;

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I manage to put a lot of players on the ice everyday that way. It grants a lot of PIM and SOGs (which I somehow still didnt even win), and a few points here and there.

But without Biron, I wouldnt have had a great week.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Edit : Also, I have a question concerning our fantasy league. I have a defenseman that has played all the games so far as a winger. Will he ever be recognized as a winger or a mix of the two? (D/LW)
Asked the same thing to yahoo about Hlinka, who plays as a LW so far all season (C in yahoo). And they said they wouldnt change it unless their 'data provider' or something would tell them too. So I guess we kind of depend on some random guy who takes care of it to notice stuff like this.

Might help if you mail yahoo so it will atleast be forwarded.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
so Peter Forsberg just said he might be interrested to come back, sports channel commentators were saying he was either interrested to come back with the Avs or sign with the Senators for a shot at the cup.

Now Forsberg with the stars packed offense the Sens already have scares the living shit out of me. So just from that 'rumor', if I should call it that, I picked him from the list, whoever had him waived him last week.

If that turns out to be more than a rumor, I should be able to make a cool trade out of this.

Also, I will get my ass kicked something fierce this week by zerowing the way his guys are playing. Plz save me again Biron.

I am watching(listening to?) the Av's broadcast of their game tonight and they mentioned that Ottawa/Avalanche rumor too, although they said that it was likely just a rumor and that he a) hadn't talked to any management in Colorado and B) was thinking about a few other places too(such as Detroit and Anaheim)

I'm kinda hoping he ends up in Colorado, I'd hate to see him power up two rosters I hate even more than Colorado nowdays and I think seeing him in a Wings uniform would cause me to throw up. They also mentioned he has a self-imposed deadline about the whole thing of Nov. 15th so we'll see if he sticks to it!

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
oh jesus

also does anyone else hate that the stat tracker isn't free anymore because i sure do

my goalie stats are going to be horrendous again this week... 76 SV% for Khabibulin tonight ugh.

Jackal

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
oh jesus

also does anyone else hate that the stat tracker isn't free anymore because i sure do
yea thats kinda lame as its pretty tough to keep track of how you are doing as the games are going on, so i just check them every morning now.

also new power rankings are out, leafs are 30th ^___^

oh jesus

agree :(

Although center ice online tracks them too, it tends to be less accurate for whatever reason and doesn't track my opponents

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
I thought just refreshing my team page and my opponent's during the games was good enough for comparisons.

What else does stat tracker grant you, I might consider it for the 10 bucks it costs.

also, zerowing needs to tell his guys to calm the fuck down.

Jackal

I have 5 goals already xD

why did i start mason though im pretty screwed for the goalie stats already :(

oh and patrick kane is honestly a god

Starting to get somewhat frustrated with the fact this is twice in three weeks where I would have been smoking most of the field(well, outside of goaltending this week, both of my goaltender's teams deciding to be terrible isn't doing me much good so far) but am still losing fairly badly to my opponent.

On the bright side I watched my DVD of that March 97 Colorado/Detroit game and I kinda wanna trade Liles after remember how much I hate the Avalanche, lol. Definitely still agreeing with my sentiments about Forsberg a few posts ago, god I hate that guy, haha.

Speaking of guys I hate, enjoying the Ducks' stellar 4-6-1 start, although there are a bunch of other team having shitty starts (Rangers, Thrashers, Kings, Capitals, Devils, Sabres) I really hope turn it around :(

EDIT: lol, I don't have game 6 of the 02 conference finals on this dvd set but it does show the replay of the best moment in hockey history during game 7 where Roy did that statue of liberty bullshit and dropped the puck trying to show off and got scored on :D

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
I dont know if Vincent Lecavalier started decapitating players left and right, but last night, he suddenly went from 0 PIM to 19 PIM, pretty much winning me PIM for this week in one play.

Sounds like a double minor, a major, and a game misconduct.

Seems like Yahoo went through and updated the positions of a lot of players, the D/LW Vineon was bitching about before is still just D but I am pleased with both Holmstrom and Michalek being usable in both wings now, which is awesome because I can use all the help I can get at this point!

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I would give a lot to not have so many fucking injuries. Every time I look I have another player DTD. And man I am so jealous that you have Holmstrom right now Synre because he is rolling. The wings looked completely dominant too which was a plus. Too bad Osgood didn't get that shutout.. I badly needed that.

Ok so can we just let Biron, Gagne, and Briere switch teams and trade the Flyers for an AHL team? Randy Jones just hit Patrice Bergeron from behind in the head into the boards, 5 minute boarding major, game misconduct, most likely at least another 20 game suspension

This is the third 20 game+ suspension this year for the flyers assuming the discipline dudes are competent. That is completely unacceptable - something really needs to be done here...

Bergeron looked BAD too, looked like he lost consciousness the moment he hit the boards, didn't seem to move at all on his own in the 15ish minutes it took them to take him off on a stretcher either.

Terrible.

on a lighter note

I would give a lot to not have so many fucking injuries. Every time I look I have another player DTD. And man I am so jealous that you have Holmstrom right now Synre because he is rolling.
haha yeah, especially since I just got him because he was my favorite rather than as a sleeper pick X) Not that it's helped me much to this point...

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
That sucks :( .. although I havent seen that hit yet.

On the bad side, Patrice Bergeron is one of my favorite players.

On the plus side... he was in my team until I traded him for Pominville this week... :x

I am so pissed about that hit, nothing in hockey gets me even close to as fired up as cheap hits(not even the incompetent referees!) and this was a really good example of WHY they are illegal. Obviously at least a concussion there, I would be surprised if Bergeron is back in October... it was pretty ugly. What possibly made it worse was the fact it's in Boston so the center-ice telecast is Boston's and they went on a lot about how good of a guy he was :( God this shit pisses me off :[

The fact this has happened three times is amazing to me though. One time I figured eh, stupid rookie, I'll let them slide... then they fooled me again, but I figured Boulerice had a history of this shit, probably not the team's fault...

And then they manage to do it a third time ten games into the season. I'd really just like to see that whole team get hit by a bus at this point, and I really think the coaches and the management in general really need to get some major negative consequences here - you have to keep your team under better control than this, period.

I'd really like to see the Bruins flatten the Flyers right now(and not just because I have Thomas in net) but they are like 0/99 on the PP which has lasted approximately three hours so I am not holding my breath :(

On a lighter note(2), there's a ref in this game named Pierre Champaux(pronounced Shampoo) :D

That sucks :( .. although I havent seen that hit yet.

On the bad side, Patrice Bergeron is one of my favorite players.

On the plus side... he was in my team until I traded him for Pominville this week... :x
Yeah it is a shame a traded Pominville for him :( Pominville has been on a blitz recently and now with Berg out I is sad :(

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
At least you didnt lose everything in this trade, since PM Bouchard can now play both C and RW.

He could only play C when I traded him.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
About the hit:

As for Jones, the Flyers’ blueliner made a statement that was issued by the Flyers while the game was still ongoing.

“Words really can't express the way that I feel right now,” Jones said. “I am very apologetic for the hit and what I did. It was not intentional. It is something that I have never done before and it is not part of my character. I am extremely sorry. I hope he does OK and everything works out for him. I wish him nothing but the best in his recovery.”
It's a real classy move on his part, and I'm definitely believing that he really didn't do it with malice. Tough one for Bergeron though, apologies don't negate the hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)