The Everything NHL Thread

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nah synre you will make up some ground, i think this week will end up 6-4 for me.

backstrom is a god though

ends up 3-6-1 I think, haha, playing against Zetterberg ruined what would otherwise have been a pretty ridiculous fantasy night for having three people playing (3 goals, 3 assists, +7, 2 PIM, 11 Shots), although somewhat amusingly Datsyuk's goal was originally incorrectly attributed to Zetterberg which would have got me a win in the assists, stupid replays !!

It was good to see my Wings beat on xocmin's Kings though, haha.

Will probably be changing team name since I bothered to switch the forum account to Teifu since I never IRC on Synre anymore anyway!

This looks like kind of a rough week for me, a lot of my dudes have some combination of either two games this week or three games with two on the road :(

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
Wonderfull start of Fantasy Season for me, I guess it's just beginners luck. Most of the matches looked pretty close so it's gonna be a hard season.

I like it already, goodluck in the next week everyone :)

Ducks/Wings tonight, kind of wish we'd played Osgood tonight instead of last night but we'll see how this goes I guess, I kinda have a bad feeling... :(

Speaking of having a bad feeling I am kinda worried about this week in fantasy ! if neither of us change our rosters we have even D games but zerowing has one more C RW LW and 3 more goalie games. If nothing else I guess it's appropriate that the week we play each other starts with a Wings/Ducks game though, haha

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Time to take down team Quebec

also lol WER you didnt meet the minimum goalie requirements ;(

Holy shit, this may be the worst officiating I've ever seen in professional sports, and I saw the Seahawks/Steelers super bowl!

As much as I like Holmstrom covering Avery's duties as my goon with 6 PIM in the first period(none of which were actually penalties) I am amazed at how awful the officiating has been. Anaheim is firing off hits from behind and obvious interference almost constantly and not getting called for it and Detroit has had a bunch of incredibly weak penalties(Lidstrom had one for Holding where I'm not convinced he was even touching the guy let alone holding him while Detroit was on the power play)). Detroit had something like 6 or 7 penalties in the first period to Anaheim's 3, and two of them were right at the end(and almost completely offset by Holmstrom getting one of those nice bogus unsportsmanlike conduct penalties which nerfs the fuck out of the wings PP). Only 2-1 Anaheim currently but after 20 minutes this game is already a joke.

EDIT: 3-3 at 2nd intermission, largely most of the same although the refs were at least calling the completely obvious ducks penalties(although I would wager rather than being 10-7 in minors it should be about 5-15) although they managed to miss a high stick less than two seconds after the face off was dropped on the center.

While I am sure you all have heard already the Flyers released Boulerice :) I am heartened that they axed him and that his career is most likely over. Good job Philly, I will feel guilty for rooting against you tonight!

Not a lot of games I really care about this week unfortunetly, Devils/Pengiuns Wednesday, Islanders/Caps and Wings/Sharks Thursday, and a myriad of games friday/saturday is kinda a weak week but at least there are two good nights of hockey i guess!

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
whats the goalie restriction exactly

is it 3 games

or 3 games played by at least 2 goalies.

edit : I was counting on a big day today, but aside from Biron, nobody in my team did squat and Jackal will most likely kick my ass today.

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
trying to watch the Colorado game atm, but the stream is so fucking horribe it lags constantly, 3-0 down after the first period, but i cant even judge if they played well or not due to these screenfreezes all the time.

Going off to bed now, I'll read in the morning what they've done, hope other colorado games will have better streams :(

lol that was a great hockey night, three of four games had awesome endings

The Flyers/Thrashers game was a combination of boring and depressing but MAN the other three rocked. After being rocked all game Florida tied it with 11 seconds left and then won it in a shootout where the goalies were pretty good, something that would not be a pattern for the rest of the night, as Colorado won their shootout 2-1 after coming back from being down 4-0 in spite of the fact that every single one of their regulation goals hit a member of the Flames prior to crossing the goal line, lol. I also finally got to see the Minnesota Wild who you all keep telling me are so good again, they didn't look good against Phoenix the first time I saw them and they didn't look good against LA, I'm pretty surprised that the Kings didn't beat them in regulation(they had a fucking ton of chances the last minute of regulation) or in OT(given that they were on the PP pretty much the entire time and were getting a lot of shots through) but Backstrom was amazing. Unfortunately, Backstrom used up all his awesome in regulation and let all three shots whiz by him in the shootout, lol(although to be fair all three Kings had awesome shots and Kopitar's was probably top 10 best shootout moves I've seen).

Lots of really good goalies tonight in spite of some of the high scores though, Biron deserved his shutout and Kiprusoff was incredible when his team wasn't scoring on him. Also Theodore only let one goal in during his two periodsish of work and that was in the shootout where he definitely outshined Kiprusoff. Aubin looked good for an LA goalie although he's definitely not going to win the Vezina anytime soon I think he has a pretty good job of starting there. Backstrom was pretty good too outside of Kopitar's SH goal(which he really should have had) and being lit up in the shootout.

EDIT: Changes my team name to 'THE BLUE BARRACUDAS', I'm pretty sure everyone who gets it will agree I have the best team name.

EDIT: Changes my team name to 'THE BLUE BARRACUDAS', I'm pretty sure everyone who gets it will agree I have the best team name.
I loved that show. I think it may beat Loudred Wings, but not by much.

Anyway, I'm happy with the start that my team has had, despite most of my team being autodrafted. Sitting at 3rd right now isn't so bad. I'm not going to really worry about my overall place this year (I picked up 2nd last year, only to get 3rd in the playoffs), I just want to make the playoffs.

Random note: What is happening in this world? First DM changes his name and now Synre? I'm one sad Smogoner.

Continuing to be frustrated with terrible officiating...

There were really only two really bad calls tonight, one a missed call that ended up with Dallas Drake going headfirst into the boards when he didn't have the puck(but at least Downey fought the offender later!) and the other negating a SJ goal. The latter is what I want to whine about though - I am really annoyed at how many refs fuck up in the whole 'puck is lose lots of people around the net blow the whistle when you can't see the puck' thing off rebounds, normally on power plays. We lost a goal earlier in the season that way that may have lost us the game when the ref blew the whistle for no reason, and while it was understandable this time San Jose had a pretty easy goal that the ref negated. I think they really need to find a better way to go about doing this though - this gets fucked up far too often.

In other news the combination of a lot of my better players not playing many games this week and not producing in the 2-3 games they have is owning me this week, haha

OrbitingDeath

formerly SkylarGreen
How does it work with Injury Reserves btw? Last time I dropped Havlat and he became an IR the day after (think you can add a player then till he's better? )

Now with Souray out for a month I would like him to get such a spot aswell, seeing I do expect him to have a decent season still :p

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
My Isles dominated for most of the game last night, and it showed on the win sheet. I'm actually kind of glad DP didn't get the shutout, though, since my fantasy opponent has him. =D

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has Center Ice Online and has the same problems I have. It often takes me a good 5 minutes or more of refreshing before I can access a game. Even when I clear my cookies, it still acts up, and it's not just a firefox thing as far as I can tell since it does the same thing on IE. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
ARGH Alexander Semin has been day to day for like 2 weeks and just now they decide to move him to injured reserve. I just want him playing again and getting me points.

How does it work with Injury Reserves btw? Last time I dropped Havlat and he became an IR the day after (think you can add a player then till he's better? )

Now with Souray out for a month I would like him to get such a spot aswell, seeing I do expect him to have a decent season still :p
I looked it up just now since I didn't know either and would like to apply it to Semin. If the player has "IR" next to their name then you just drag him like you would to switch positions and an IR spot should show up. This opens up another slot on your bench. Once a player is on IR he can stay there even after he's healthy and playing again to keep that extra spot. Once you move him off and he's not on the reserve anymore you lose that place though. Pretty cool IMO. So whoever you added after you dropped Havlat just drop him again pick up Havlat and stick him in the IR spot then pick up the guy you wanted again.

Also, I'm wondering if anyone else has Center Ice Online and has the same problems I have. It often takes me a good 5 minutes or more of refreshing before I can access a game. Even when I clear my cookies, it still acts up, and it's not just a firefox thing as far as I can tell since it does the same thing on IE. Does anyone know how to fix it?

It normally only takes me a few seconds, although if it was last night things seemed to have been broken... there was one night last week where I sent them a bitchy e-mail because thinks were broken and they knew about it already so I am hoping this doesn't happen as frequently as it looks like it is going to.

agree

Something about paying 170~ a year makes it not so ok to get shitty service once a week on one of the two nights with more than four games

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
2 straight shutouts by biron

fuck the kid is on fire and is the only reason I am not getting my ass kicked this week.

that and trying to play goons like Andre Roy to at least win PIM as well.

Edit : Also, I have a question concerning our fantasy league. I have a defenseman that has played all the games so far as a winger. Will he ever be recognized as a winger or a mix of the two? (D/LW)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I want Marty back. :(

As for the Sabres, they decided to get shut out on home ice for the first time in 2 years last night, losing to Columbus 3-0. That's one of the most lackluster performances I've seen in a while, now I see why Columbus is said to be the most boring team to watch.

So I think instead of banning morons from Firebot we should just set them up with internships in the NHL to become referees. Some other forum must already have instituted this system because honestly this season's group has to be the most incompetent group of officials I have ever seen in any sport ever. Yet another goal was waved due to referee incompetence, again due to a penalty on Holmstrom for Interference where he was about half a foot from the goalie and not in the crease. The commentators ripped apart the call for approximately 87 minutes which made me feel better but honestly where do they get these refs...

This is already the third or fourth goal Holmstrom has been involved with being waived this season and this is like halfway through game 9 or something.

EDIT: Oh look, ANOTHER non-penalty on Holmstrom. It's getting progressively more difficult to believe this isn't intentional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)