The Everything some hero (NFL) Thread - 2015-16 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Not even Scobee's fault tbh, Tomlin shouldn't have had him kicking long FGs into the open end of Heinz Field. And then he elects to go for it in OT when they would've been kicking into the closed end (I think?). That's just garbage coaching.

You thought it was Mike Tomlin, but it was me, Dio Jerry Jones!

Not even Scobee's fault tbh, Tomlin shouldn't have had him kicking long FGs into the open end of Heinz Field. And then he elects to go for it in OT when they would've been kicking into the closed end (I think?). That's just garbage coaching.

You thought it was Mike Tomlin, but it was me, Dio Jerry Jones!
49 and 41 are not long field goals anymore, and they were driving towards the same end he had missed twice on (that's why the Ravens chose that side of the field)

the first one, fine, but no NFL kicker should be missing 41 yard field goals anymore and expecting to still have a job. that puts him at 6/10 on the year with a missed extra point. I'd be very surprised if he has a job come Monday

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
41 isn't that long, but it isn't short and still on the bad side of Heinz Field which is all but known to be a fuckin' wind tunnel. It's a missable kick and you should know that going in. 49 in the same condition is unlikely even for a better kicker than Scobee. Armchair Cowboys fan here shouldn't have to remind the head coach of the Pittsburgh Steelers of these facts.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
That is fucking horse shit and every fucking ravens fan knows they didn't deserve that win. Fuck josh scobee
Yo your team was ass and put up like 60 yards in the second half. Don't just blame Scobee, blame Todd Haley and the offensive play calling for playing conservatively. The stacked Ravens teams of yesteryear used to do that against you guys when we had a lead and it always cost us.

Side note but both teams looked like they were trying to lose lol

Side note but both teams looked like they were trying to lose lol
It was the perfect textbook Thursday night game. Players missing the game to injury, short week prevents large changes to the playcalling (aside from a couple plays it looks like the Steelters forgot Vick was the QB, especially early) and both teams played like shit mostly. Still managed to be an interesting back and forth game.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm still trying to process why they kept getting chunk yardage with Bell on early downs and then trying to throw on 3rd and 1/2/3. Scobee's issues aside, Pittsburgh still had about 5 good chances to put that game away that they were unable to capitalize on because of crappy playcalling. When you have a backup QB and the (arguably) best RB in the entire league, you don't let the QB throw more than the RB carries. 22 carries is unacceptable in that situation, should have been 30+.

To give credit where it's due, Justin Tucker is still clutch as hell and Flacco, as much shit as I give him for being a mediocre QB overall, isn't afraid to stand strong in the pocket and take a shot if it means completing an important pass.

I suppose at 2-2 I shouldn't panic, but with our upcoming slate of games being far more intimidating this game was really important to win, and we failed. I have a nasty feeling we may be in too deep a hole to climb out of by the time Ben gets back to full health.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Scobee wasn't even bad for the Jaguars, in fact he was really good. Pittsburgh just has bad air. duh.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
Most kickers don't just drop off a cliff like Vanderjagt though, Scobee will probably be fine if he manages to keep his job and he just picked a bad time to have a bad day. Look what happened to Nick Folk after he had a bad year in Dallas (after having a couple good ones to start his career), he's doing just fine in New York now. Granted, Dallas ended up with another BEAST in Dan Bailey but you could definitely argue it was a mistake to let Folk go and they just lucked out.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Campanaro out for the season. We actually can't catch a fucking break, hopefully Steve Smith ices up over this mini-bye or LOL Aiken will be our #1, and I'll probably be asked to be our #2 receiver

Edit: Smith has 4 broken bones in his back. This season can go get fucked

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Bitch please we lost our probowl lineman, Jordy fuckin Nelson AND Davante has ankle issues every week.

Every team has injuries, stop whinin that the ratbirds can't cope.

Bitch please we lost our probowl lineman, Jordy fuckin Nelson AND Davante has ankle issues every week.

Every team has injuries, stop whinin that the ratbirds can't cope.
lmao don't compare the packers WR injuries to the ravens. packers still have randall cobb and james jones. granted, james jones is not even that good but you have aaron rodgers throwing the football. you can strap a helmet onto stephen hawking and i would still say the packers receivers look better.

do you understand the ravens best receiver was a 35 year old veteran? losing ANY receiver, even as insignificant as campanaro or whatever his name is, is HUGE. the ravens are depleted to a point where they have to trade for a rams receiver... A RAMS RECEIVER...

It doesn't exactly help him to have just a single experienced starter on his OLine, leading to practically no run game or pass protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)