The first 251 Pokémon as Traditional Japanese Art

Jigglypuff is pretty freaky, but I haven't seen all of them yet. The Gastly family looks messed up...

EDIT: WTF Pupitar has legs???
EDIT2: I believe Wobbuffet is missing here.

Growlithe, Wooper, Quagsire, Qwilfish look the most normal. Graveler looks nothing like it actually does. I think Parasect is the creepiest. Kingler is fucking lol, as is Seaking. Quilava looks shocked its ass is on fire lol.

These are awesome, good find.

Primape looks too pig like for me, but those Igglybuff, Togetic, and Marowak are creepy. I laughed when I saw Ditto, Sloking and Ariados, and Ledian looks awesome.

This is amazing. It's like they capture the actually essence of a pokemon (does that even make sense?) The pokemon look like actually monsters (pocket MONSTERS).
And look at that Lickintung!

Clefable looks stoned, Jigglypuff is a demon and is Dugtrio eating itself?

Farfetch'd looks awesome though. Finally, he's a real warrior!

EDIT: Seems the missing pokemon is Wobbuffet.

Ooh, my friend showed this to me just a couple of days ago. Did it just hit the net? This is some of the best Pokemon art out there!

Great line quality, and superb job reimagining Pokemon as the traditional demonic entities of Japanese lore. Miltank's just awful though...

Flaaffy looks badass in this, moreso than Ampharos.

WHAT IN THE SWEET NAME OF JESUS IS UP WITH SMOOCHUM AND IGGLYBUFF OH MY GOD

Alot of those crept me right the ffff out.
Cloyster is a cyclops.Gengar is a scribble.Jumpluff is a stoner cheerleader.Heracross has lockjaw.Tyrogue has boobs!Tyranitar has alot of cellulite...But jigglypuff... looks like a 3-D, pink pacman, on speed.
Besides that it is cool to see "traditional" Pokemon, thanks for sharing.

Holy crap, if these images were used in G/R/B/Y, I doubt Pokemon would be as popular as it is right now. I don't think parents of the 90's would be too fond to find out their children are playing a game full of demonic monsters. Lol I bet that lady who wrote up those books claiming that Harry Potter and Pokemon are made by the devil or some shit like that, she probably saw these original pics first and a spark just lit off in her mind and she was like "I must stop this insanity before it reaches the minds of our children!" - too late!

But anyway. There are so many Pokemon on those charts that just can't be explained by simple words. Most look like demonic zombies or lifeless "Monsters". Marowak by far is the one that creeps me out. As for the best images I'd have to go with Zapdos, as that just looks bad-ass. Mewtwo is probably the only exceptional one who looks a lot like a few images and side angle shots from the first Pokemon movie.

As for the others -- well, I'll just name a few: Gengar looks like it's been drawn by a sloppy-handed 2nd grader; Dugtrio does look like it's eating itself which is just hilarious and I could not stop laughing for a few minutes; Haunter looks like Cell after he got his Android ass blown away by SSJ2 Gohan with a K-wave (you know when the person isn't completely destroyed but you see pieces and chunks of them being torn off and they look deformed where their whole body is destroyed except for the torso area & up and a bit of their arms are left); Lugia looks like a T-Rex; Celebi looks like it's a fetus; Onix looks like it just came with all those little shards of "rock" on the floor and flying above it, that, or he's just surprised he got his own video deal 'Hooked on Onix'; and Tauros looks like a goat, or better yet, it looks like Mr. Tumnus from Narnia.

Overall, these are truly the original "Pocket Monsters" - great find man.

~ Aether Nexus

Wow I love this. In a way it's somewhat nostalgic, these pictures remind me of the monstrous RBG sprites.

Favorites are Gengar for how creepy it is, Yanma for its clever design, and Azumaril for the wonderful line work.

...but let's not get started on Igglybuff...

The jynx one is really cool, like some sort of geisha. Articuno is beautiful. Parasect is scary o_o Ho-oh is an awesome mythical bird. Stantler is funny, looking right at you.

I think steelix was a missed chance, he could have done much more with its scary face. He got a bit carried away with gengar too.

What do the kanji mean? I thought japanese pokemon names where in katakana? Are those the 'descriptions' of the pokemon (ie. raichu is a mouse pokemon)?

Ooh, my friend showed this to me just a couple of days ago. Did it just hit the net? This is some of the best Pokemon art out there!

Great line quality, and superb job reimagining Pokemon as the traditional demonic entities of Japanese lore. Miltank's just awful though...
I think it's been around for awhile. One of my e-friends was using these pictures as avatars about a month or more ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)