1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Jimera0, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Espeon65

Espeon65

Ok yarnus, seems tough but thats what this is for! thanks for the challenge!
  2. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Solves issues recursively
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

ONE TIME

The Pokemon you use to battle Lenora may not be in their Final Form (i.e. They must be able to get the Defence boost from Eviolite). Moreover, you may not use Items against Lenora.

Have fun.
  3. Espeon65

Espeon65

IAR, that'll just be so much fricken fun! *sarcasm* but thanks anyway. If I wanted it easy, i would've said easy.
  4. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

I'm doing a Scramble-Gauntlet for FireRed. May I have 4 medium restrictions? (nothing may stop team construction)
  5. Espeon65

Espeon65

You must not use your starter against any gym they are SE against. (Squiritle=1,7, Bulbasaur=1,2,8, Charmander=4)
  6. Naix

Naix

Yarnus of Bethany, you may not use Fire- or Ground-type moves in any man-made structure (Yes, this includes S.S. Anne, Pokemon Tower, and Indigo Plateau).
  7. Jimera0

Jimera0 You don't understand, Edgar is the one in the hole!
    is a Community Contributor

Yarnus of Bethany, you are challenged to only use items that existed in generation I, including TMs unless they conflict with another challenge.

BTW people my update is coming eventually, I just have to grind a bit and that's dampened my enthusiasm temporarily. I'll get to it eventually though I promise :P.

EDIT: Espeon65, you are challenged to treat TMs like they work in previous generations, being 1 use only items. Once you use a TM it is "gone" until the end of your gauntlet.
  8. Its_A_Random

Its_A_Random Solves issues recursively
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

ONGOING

Once you get your First Badge, your Pokemon want to set an in-game speed record so once you get it (The First Badge), you may not cause a Wild Pokemon to faint. If you let one faint, you must throw out 15 items in your bag.

Have fun.
  9. HoiPolloi

HoiPolloi

Sounds like a lot fun, so I might as well join the party.

I'm going to use Pokemon White and I cannot trade at all. I would to have some hard challenges. I will start off with 5 and maybe ask for additional when I fell like it (around the 6th badge. I decide, when I see how good I will be dealing with the initial challenges).
    I'm curios to see what kind of hideous challenges you will have for me.

challenges (open)
    Comments are in bold
  10. Espeon65

Espeon65

HoiPolloi: In order for your pokemon to evolve, they must solo a gym leader or other big battle (Rival, N/Ghetsis, E4 member, etc.). One solo=one evolution. For example, say you have a Snivy. Snivy soloes Cheren right after Striaton Gym. He may now evolve, but not to Serperior until he soloes another. No, the first two battles don't count, neither does any Bianca battle, and neither does N's first battle.
  11. Naix

Naix

Hoipolli, you may never use any moves with more than 80 BP. This includes type match-ups, STAB, and any ability boosts.
  12. Yarnus of Bethany

Yarnus of Bethany

HoiPolloi, none of your pokemon may not share 2 resistances.

eg: can't have Geodude and Marshtomp because they share resistances to electric and Fire.
  13. HoiPolloi

HoiPolloi

Thanks guys for you challenges so far. This will be a though run for sure, but I'll try.
  14. Jimera0

HoiPolloi, you are challenged to never use X-items (or other battle items like Guard spec or Dire Hit) in battle. This normally wouldn't be a hard challenge but since you have to solo in order to evolve, it'll actually be fairly challenging.

Also I just finally got up another update for my SS gauntlet. It features me beating Clair! Eventually...

Anyway, that's my 8th gym badge so that means I need more challenges! Before giving me any you MUST read the challenges I already have, which are listed on the same page as my update is (link in my signature).

I have also already recieved and accepted this challenge from Sage chow (added stipulations/modifications by me in bold)
    I am looking for 5 more challenges. I want only ONE to be game long. The other 4 must be one time challenges. This section goes up until I get 4 Kanto Gym Badges and includes Lugia and the Elite 4. While if I remember correctly you do have a bit of flexibility in regards to what order you challenge the gym leaders of Kanto in, just keep it in mind if you decide to give me any challenges relating to that. Oh, and also... No goddamn challenges pertaining to my battle with Lance. I already have to take him on with partially evolved or somewhat sucky Pokemon, I don't need more than that thank you very much.

Challenges so far:
  15. Espeon65

Espeon65

Jimera0: You must defeat Bruno using no SE moves or pokemon that resist fighting type moves, as proof that pure might can overcome anything.

Also, i need one more challenge for my gauntlet of white. Here's the link: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4356989&postcount=333

EDIT: HoiPolloi, can you just give me my last challenge? You are the only one who has been on the thread in a couple days who hasn't given me a challenge. I really want to start my gauntlet.
  16. Jimera0

Accepted, that'll make what's usually an easy battle a much harder one. I'm going to assume that by "resist fighting type moves" you mean "resist or are immune to" because otherwise John the Haunter would make this challenge trivial. Also, I just have to say that this challenge makes Onix more threatening than it's ever been late game. I'll have 3 options for fighting it, one which is weak to rock, one of which can only hit it with Strength and one other that can only attack fairly weakly and physically with Bite. This'll be interesting, that's for certain.

Still need 4 more challenges, 1 full game 3 one time. I'll update my last post with this challenge now.
  17. Espeon65

Espeon65

King Serperior, it seems that everyone has forgotten your gauntlet :( i hope your still doing it. i was just going back to the beginning, (i dunno why) and i saw that you still need 2 more challenges. Here's one:

You must have at least two pokemon on your team that have more than one possible evolution. (ex: eevee, poliwhirl, kirlia, etc.) For a pokemon with two choices, flip a coin. Heads is the one you want, tails is the one you don't (honors system). For Eevee, just take the nature. +SpA=Espeon, +Atk=Flareon, +Def=Vaporeon, +SpD=Vaporeon, +Spe=Jolteon. If it has a neutral nature, flip a coin. Head=leafeon, tails=glaceon. i hope this reminds people of your gauntlet so you can get it going.
  18. HoiPolloi

HoiPolloi

Espeon65, when ever you use an item in a battle, you have to use another one of this item on the following turn. You don't have to use it on the same pokemon, just the same item. Pokeballs are excluded.
    Have fun.
  19. Espeon65

Espeon65

Thanks HoiPolloi, now i can almost start. Nobody put a starter to use with their challenge, so I'm gonna PM the winner. The winner, I've decided, is Ziposaki, because she made such a vivid backstory for her challenge.
  20. Ziposaki

Ziposaki

Uhm, you get to use Tepig because I never ever used it during my playthroughs. Also I'm a girl. :p
  21. Espeon65

Espeon65

Okay thanks, and sorry. I just took a guess.

EDIT: And Chapter 1 is up! the link is in my sig
  22. Ziposaki

Ziposaki

Nah, it's cool. I don't mind. If you happen to catch a Drilbur though, and I'm not forcing you to, I want naming rights.
  23. Espeon65

Espeon65

Okay...I kinda already caught a Drilbur, and named it, but I can rename it as soon as I get to Castelia City. I had already planned to use a Drilbur, and I was at school all day, so i haven't been on until now.
  24. Jimera0

Still waiting on my 4 challenges (1 full game 3 one time) so I can continue my SS gauntlet.

Details here. Read said details or risk rejection.
  25. King Serperior

King Serperior

Hey, Jim, here's one for you:

When you battle Will, none of your pokemon are allowed to hold items. They are afraid his psychics will steal them.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)