Challenge The Gauntlet Challenge

I'll start with a simple one: Beldum, Bagon, and Deino can't reach their final forms until after you've beaten the Champion.

Cap I'll also give you a nice simple one. Set your battle style to "set" from the very start of the game. After all, you can't switch out to the ideal counter after you're opponent's Pokemon faints in real battling!

Cap, you cannot use items in batte unless you have at least 1/2 of your team fainted. Even with this, you are limited to a max of 5 items in use during battles.

I think this is pretty simple.

I am going to be joining this. I'm going to be playing pokemon White and can get ANY pokemon. I would like medium-hard challenges because I once solo'ed N and Gethisis with a krokodile that hit lvl 60 in the final pre-game Bianca battle at tubeline bridge. I need 5 challenges plus one more every rival battle vs Cheren/N after striaton gym.

Edit : Cap, Once your shroomish evolves into breloom it cannot use spore until level 45

Edit 2 : no restricting what pokemon [ types can be restricted ] or what moves

Synchrohero (I assume that is a Yugioh reference?), If at all possible, NONE of your pokemon can know the same moves.

This means that if you have 4 Fire Types, only one can know Flamethrower.

Naix : refused since i hate using pokes like them so i would probably only used 2 anyhow, hence my pokemon online username is ou sucks

King Serperior, accepted. Plus that is actually a reference to YuseitheSynchroHero on youtube, he is a YTPBF member.

Fail, names wrong way round

I have some good rules but need a couple more before getting on with it- just have the bagon to breed + then will get to EV training so need some more rules- my challenge seems fairly tame right now- I don't mind 2 + rules from the same person

@ thesynchrohero- You cannot have more than 6 individual types in your party so either 6 different mono type pokes or use pokemon who have overlapping types

I have some good rules but need a couple more before getting on with it- just have the bagon to breed + then will get to EV training so need some more rules- my challenge seems fairly tame right now- I don't mind 2 + rules from the same person

@ thesynchrohero- You cannot have more than 6 individual types in your party so either 6 different mono type pokes or use pokemon who have overlapping types
accepted

Thesynchrohero, rules on the first page.

- You can reject any challenges that break your rules or do not fit the difficulty you requested. However, you cannot reject challenges for reasons you did not cover in your initial post.
You refusal of Naix's challenge does not fall under this rule. If you think you'd do it anyway, increase the number of challenges you'll take to accommodate for it.

I also disagree with your rejection of cantab's challenge since I can't possibly see how that would go above the "medium hard" difficulty range you posted, but that's subjective so I'll let it slide.

Anyway, here's a challenge of my own. You are challenged to never use more than 3 items per a battle (except for Pokeballs). Good luck.

I am going to be joining this. I'm going to be playing pokemon White and can get ANY pokemon. I would like medium-hard challenges because I once solo'ed N and Gethisis with a krokodile that hit lvl 60 in the final pre-game Bianca battle at tubeline bridge. I need 5 challenges plus one more every rival battle vs Cheren/N after striaton gym.
synchrohero can deal with the fact that there will be no use of status-healing items or moves. That means no Antidote, Parlyz Heal, Full Heal, etc. Even items with other effects (e.g. Full Restore, both HP- and Status-healing) cannot be used if they heal status.

If you wanted it more difficult, you can add the optional extra part: No using Fly when a Pokemon in your party is afflicted with status.

synchrohero can deal with the fact that there will be no use of status-healing items or moves. That means no Antidote, Parlyz Heal, Full Heal, etc. Even items with other effects (e.g. Full Restore, both HP- and Status-healing) cannot be used if they heal status.

If you wanted it more difficult, you can add the optional extra part: No using Fly when a Pokemon in your party is afflicted with status.
not taking optional rest i will

Thesynchrohero, rules on the first page.

You refusal of Naix's challenge does not fall under this rule. If you think you'd do it anyway, increase the number of challenges you'll take to accommodate for it.

I also disagree with your rejection of cantab's challenge since I can't possibly see how that would go above the "medium hard" difficulty range you posted, but that's subjective so I'll let it slide.

Anyway, here's a challenge of my own. You are challenged to never use more than 3 items per a battle (except for Pokeballs). Good luck.
edited my post to fit with the rules and i accept this challenge but i might accedently break it.

edited my post to fit with the rules and i accept this challenge but i might accedently break it.
Thanks. It's OK if you accidentally break a challenge. I suggest that while you're playing the game you simply keep a list of high tier Pokemon at hand so you know which ones to avoid once you've hit your limit. If you accidentally break it for a short while, just try to correct it ASAP. This isn't a competition so no one is going to bite your head off for messing up once!

Beginning my Green challenge. So far I have:

1. Brock must be defeated without using my starter.

2. One space on my team must follow Anti-Nuzlocke rules. That means the Pokemon in question must be the last Pokemon I caught on its route, may not be nicknamed, and if it ever doesn't faint during a battle it participated in you have to stop using it.

(If it faints, I revive it, and it ends the battle non-fainted I can still keep on using it.)

3. If I fall to Lance, I must toss half my items. I must also solo Lorelei while also using only two moves.

I'll be going as far as through Mt. Moon until I stop and wait for another challenge to be added. Thank you for the challenges so far, all you three. ^^

@ Daggerfall- you need to "bench" your highest level pokemon for every gym battle/ the elite 4

PS, give me challenges!!!

So far:

The team looks like this so far (with the only things that cannot change throughout the run)

Vulpix @ Drought
Shellder @ Skill Link It knows the egg move Rock Blast
Beldum
Shroomish @ Poison Heal It knows Spore a la egg move so I can evolve it in game earlier than lvl 45 if that's what is needed
Bagon With the Egg move Dragon Dance
Deino- no real restrictions

Happy Challenging (This is my first time so don't be too mean)

Rule #1 Beldum, Bagon, and Deino can't reach their final forms until after you've beaten the Champion. (Cantab)
Rule #2 Battle Style will be set to "set" (see what I did there!?!?!) throughout the whole game (Jimera0)
Rule #3 you cannot use items in batte unless you have at least 1/2 of your team fainted. Even with this, you are limited to a max of 5 items in use during battles. (King Serperior)
Rule #4 Once shroomish evolves into breloom it cannot use spore until level 45 (The synchrohero)
Rule #5 Pokemon can only use STAB moves up to 5 times a battle
Rule #6 Deino can have no Special moves

Cap, your Pokemon can only use STAB moves up to five times in one battle. Also, Deino must be all physical/status at all times. Enjoy.
Does that mean each pokemon can only use STAB 5 times or is it that all of them put together can only use 5 STAB moves?

Also, is a move like wil-o-wisp considered STAB or do you only mean attacking moves?

/ You're reallly crppling the early game OP dragon rage

Thanks. It's OK if you accidentally break a challenge. I suggest that while you're playing the game you simply keep a list of high tier Pokemon at hand so you know which ones to avoid once you've hit your limit. If you accidentally break it for a short while, just try to correct it ASAP. This isn't a competition so no one is going to bite your head off for messing up once!
Kay, but I was refering to your challenge when I said I might accedently break it.

Kay, but I was refering to your challenge when I said I might accedently break it.
Wait...
*looks up at your edited post*

Oh goddamnit man, you can't do that! You can't edit in new rules AFTER someone submits a challenge to don't like! That undermines the entire point of the rule! It's meant to ensure that people don't "cherry pick" challenges they like. The whole premise of a gauntlet (and the scramble challange before it) is that you take whatever the people give you, even if it's something you wouldn't normally do or might not think you'd like. You can't do an Orwellian edit to your rules whenever you get something you don't like that you didn't think of!

The bit about accidentally breaking the rules of a challenge stands however. Everyone forgets challenge restrictions every now and then. As long as it isn't intentional it isn't usually considered a big deal.

However breaking the topic's rules IS a big deal. Please, next time, read the rules BEFORE posting in a thread. Any thread, mine or someone else's.

Hey guys I'm looking to do a Gauntlet Challenge of Pokemon Blue.

My only restrictions are:
-No Charmander
-Not sure if I can make trades at the moment, so assume I cannot get Alakazam, Golem, Gengar, Machamp
-Move and moveset restrictions can be battle specific, but I want to use some of these Pokemon for a Stadium run afterwards so no TM/learnset restrictions that cannot be undone (so if you suggest no STAB moves for a Bulbasaur/Squirtle, I can teach them those moves but cannot use them during the run, so let your creativity flow that way if you want)
-Multiple party members of a species are fine

Other than that, go nuts.

I'd like a challenge that takes effect:
@The start for the whole game
@Gym 1
@Gym 2
@Gym 3
@Gym 6
@Gym 8

Edit: Also, I like rotating team members, and would prefer to start with Bulbasaur, so feel free to suggest team members that can only be used for certain sections of the game. Like a guest star for a gym battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)