The Most Facepalm Worthy Thing You Have Done in All of Pokémon

I was doing the battle hall (I think it's how it's called ?), the place where you battle with one pokemon and you choose the type of your opponent's pokemon.
I had a togekiss for this which has Air Slash, Aura Sphere, Flamethrower and Yawn. After having a decent number of consecutive wins, I decided to give it choice specs just to kill the pokes more easily, thinking I wouldn't need to change moves and against the first trainer, he had a haunter and I use yawn... after giving my Togekiss a choice specs a few minutes earlier...

The first time I played Colosseum I didn't know that you could catch Shadow Pokemon. Needless to say, Umbreon biting a Steelix to death was a highlight.
Appropriate DP right there.

My facepalm moment was when I bought Pokemon Black to discover my mother had thrown away my DS the morning before, mentioning how I didn't use it anymore. Thanks mum.

When I was a little kid (like, 7) I had Pokemon Red. I got a Charmander as my starter and basically said "To hell with training other Pokemon, the only Pokemon I need is my Charmander!" So it was the only thing I had in my party, with the exception of a Ratatta and a Pidgey I never trained.

Fast forward two gyms later, and Misty's Starmie is a shit.

When I was a little kid (like, 7) I had Pokemon Red. I got a Charmander as my starter and basically said "To hell with training other Pokemon, the only Pokemon I need is my Charmander!" So it was the only thing I had in my party, with the exception of a Ratatta and a Pidgey I never trained.

Fast forward two gyms later, and Misty's Starmie is a shit.
Most of us were like that the first time we played pokemon

Well, when I first played pokemon as a kid, I found a wild pikachu in viridian forest and was SO EXCITED
But I didn't know how to catch a pokemon...
so I fainted it. Then I went to start -> items -> pokeball and saw "toss"
so I tossed the poke ball.... i didn't catch it....
i did that with a friend. he ran in to a pikachu so i gave him advice and the message 'it appeared to be caught' kept appearing... he insisted it wasn't caught but i argued against him for ages.

Man, I've done so many things, where to begin...
1. Using my Master Ball on a wild Pidgeotto when I had no other Poke Balls left because it was a higher level than the one I had.
2. Thinking that Blaziken was the strongest Pokemon ever when I saw for the first time in the TV show, then thinking Dialga and Palkia were the strongest when they were first released (Also thinking they were called Diamond and Pearl respectively).
3. When I opened my first TCG pack ever and got a Charizard ex. I'd had no idea how rare and valuable it was, even though I was like the coolest kid in the neighborhood once I got it (A random kid I didn't even know came to my house asking if I'd trade him for it -_-), and then I traded it with my friend's friend for a bunch of random crappy cards, thinking I'd gotten the better bargain as I'd gotten nearly 20 cards. When I finally realized how valuable the card was, the kid I traded it to had moved to another state. A few years later, he moved back, and when I asked him about it, he said he'd sold it. I was so pissed and I'm still angry about it to this day.
4. Wondering why my Aggron and Dusknoir were so weak before understanding the concept of Atk/SpA/Phsyical/Special, since all their moves were Special attacks.
5. Wandering around in Mt. Coronet for ages before finally realizing there was a bit of Rock Climbing rocks that I hadn't seen.

Looking back on it now I can't even comprehend how I could've been so stupid then. That being said, I'm infinitely more experienced at the game now.

i did that with a friend. he ran in to a pikachu so i gave him advice and the message 'it appeared to be caught' kept appearing... he insisted it wasn't caught but i argued against him for ages.
no,
i actually waited until i fainted the pikachu, then when the battle was already over, i went into my items menu and "tossed" my pokeball as in I discarded it, lol
i didn't know how to use items while in a battle

Was button mashing in RBY against Giovanni's Dugtrio for hyper potions.... Then I ran out of them..... And of course, I didn't realize that, and guess what item happened to be right next to the hyper potions? My master ball.

........Yeeeeaaaah.... you can guess how that turned out....

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The first shiny Pokemon i ever encountered was a shiny Lapras in Pokemon LeafGreen in that Ice Cave. Now, i had no idea what a shiny Pokemon was at the time, but i did know various rumors about Glitch Pokemon such as Missingno and M Block that could delete your save file if you caught them. So, thinking this shiny lapras was a glitch Pokemon i ran away from it in fear that it'd mess up my save file. Now, Lapras is one of the rarest Pokemon in the whole game bar the one you get as a gift at Silph Co, so i had pretty much no chance of finding another Lapras at all, let alone a shiny one :/.

sounds like someone should have payed better attention to the old man!
It's ironic, most people complain about the mentor, but most of the things here are about that.
mine was misclicking and killing a murkrow in a hidden grooto. godamn crits and miss clicks.

Missing the S.S Anne and thinking it'd come back, my Venasaur was trained to level 74 when i was waiting and i'm still waiting for that damn ship to come back cos i've lost the cartridge ha

Missing the S.S Anne and thinking it'd come back, my Venasaur was trained to level 74 when i was waiting and i'm still waiting for that damn ship to come back cos i've lost the cartridge ha
oh god this.

I waited a full year in real time and it didn't come back. So I thought that I had to have a full year's worth of in game time for it to work

I left my gameboy on all night so many times and used so many batteries

I started with Bulbasaur, and I didn't understand why Razor Leaf always said "Critical Hit" & "It's not very effective" even if I OHKO the adverse pokemon.
started with bulbasaur, too.
fuq charmander
i also never really got that, myself, nor why, even with a "critical" hit, it didn't always do a lot of damage (i even asked my mum what 'critical' meant, and she said "needed, important, crucial" which i associated with 'powerful')

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)