The Reborn of U-turn teams after the Choiced Glitch had been fixed on Shoddy!

I present: Team U-turn Reborn:pimp:

I made this u-trun based team thinking that the famous Choiced glitch had been fixed on Shoddy. With my hope turning into dissapointment, I still played around with the team, and were surprised by how well the team worked together. So I wanted to make it even better. By posting it here at RMT, I hope you guys can help me with this team.

Team at glance:

Team Idea: The team's aim is to bait out the u-turner's counters and go to the appropriate pokemon to trap or wall it. Scizor and Flygon are the main focus here. Scizor lures out Heatran and Zapdos. While the Dragon typed Flygon lures out Steel walls. Blissey walls all special attackers that my u-turners must face. Zone is to eliminate Steel types that Flygon lure out. It's also my #1 Scizor counter on the team.

Yanmega and Celebi can go, but I don't know what to switch to.

Since the Choiced u-turn glitch had still not been fixed, the team cannot reach its full potential. It still has a great record. Out of the 6 six battles I had with it, 1 loss and 5 wins. All five wins were 5-0. So I think it's okay.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly nature
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Trick
This is to stop SR leads with the flinch rate and tricks away its item to ruin walls. U-turn to scout and ice punch to cover dragons.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/10 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit
---
CB scizor, the best U-turn abusing Scizor of all Scizor sets. Being able to deal huge damage and switch to a wall in one turn is just great. 248 hp to take less SR damage. 10 speed to outrun those who run 6evs. The standard CB Scizor move set. It's also my late game sweeper and phsical threat and secondary revenge killer. It's typing covers Flygon's weakness quite well.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
---
Another choiced pokemon. I chose this guy because he is one of my fav and also cover Scizor's weakness. My primary revenge killer. It covers Kindra and Mence with little to no trouble. Fire blast covers opposing Scizor and some weaken Steels (leftovers of Magnezone). Earthquake covers T-tar and Hetran easily. Outrage is just for power. I think I am putting too much stress on this guy, becaus every match, it ends up losing about 80-90% mid-game. I might need someone else to take some burden off him.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
---
I chose Bliss to wish pass over Vappy because it's a better special wall than Vappy. It keeps every single special threat in check with no trouble. It heals my injured u-turners. It also slow down things with T-wave to have Scizor taking advantage of.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 44 HP/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
---
My steel killer. Hp-Ground just for opposing zone or tran and roosting Zapdos. Also a check for bulky waters. My primary Scizor killer. It also slow things down for itself and Scizor.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Speed / 220 Def
Bold
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
Grass Knot
Leech Seed
---
I don't know why I put this guy on my team. I was really tired making this team and doing homework. Change this guy. I am thinking Dugtrio, but it's too frail for my comfort.

I could use a phazer on this team, but I don't know where to put it over. I feel the team is a bit cramped.

Plz rate away!

Thx.

Darkmalice

Level 3
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Your team has no SR user, and it struggles against Salamance after it sets up a DD. Scizor CB does over 50%, but it will die to Fire Blast.

Yanmega (M) @ Insect Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 104 Def/152 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Bug Buzz
- U-turn
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Ground]
---

You want to replace him with another lead. Looking at your team, it struggles against Salamance after it sets up a DD. As your team is based around U-turn, I would replace it with this lead:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Speed / 252 SpA / 4 HP
Jolly nature
- Ice Punch
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Trick

Ice Punch for Salamance. U-turn is for your team topic and for scouting. Iron Head is STAB with a 60% flinch rate most notable for preventing suicide leads from setting up SR and for dealing with Tyranitar. Trick is to screw up pokes like Blissey and Cresselia.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/10 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Pursuit
---
CB scizor, the best U-turn abusing Scizor of all Scizor sets. Being able to deal huge damage and switch to a wall in one turn is just great. 248 hp to take less SR damage. 10 speed to outrun those who run 6evs. The standard CB Scizor move set. It's also my late game sweeper and phsical threat and secondary revenge killer. It's typing covers Flygon's weakness quite well.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/176 Spd/80 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
---
Another choiced pokemon. I chose this guy because he is one of my fav and also cover Scizor's weakness. My primary revenge killer. It covers Kindra and Mence with little to no trouble. Fire blast covers opposing Scizor and some weaken Steels (leftovers of Magnezone). Earthquake covers T-tar and Hetran easily. Outrage is just for power. I think I am putting too much stress on this guy, becaus every match, it ends up losing about 80-90% mid-game. I might need someone else to take some burden off him.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Def/80 SAtk/176 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
---
I chose Bliss to wish pass over Vappy because it's a better special wall than Vappy. It keeps every single special threat in check with no trouble. It heals my injured u-turners. It also slow down things with T-wave to have Scizor taking advantage of.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 44 HP/216 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid
- Magnet Rise
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
---
Magnet Rise is recommended over Thunderwave, so Magnezone does not fear Earthquake from Bronzong and non-Jolly Metagross, adding more steels to the list that Magnezone can trap and destroy.

This EV spread allows you to outspeed Adamant Scizor and OHKO with HP Fire. Before, you lacked the speed and power to counter Scizor. Most Magnezone are scarfed these days, so you should have an easy time trapping them into any move save HP Fire and Explosion, whilst beating them with your own HP Fire. HP Ground is not needed, especially considering that the only move you can trap Scarf Heatran on is HP Ice/Gras/Electric. If you manage to lock it on this move, you can beat it with Thunderbolt.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Speed / 220 Def
Bold
- Stealth Rock
- Recover
Grass Knot
Leech Seed
---

I would keep Celebi on your team. It is your Gyarados counter, and it can set up SR. Leech Seed can force switches. It works well with your team. As you Leech Seed, you can swap to a U-turner and scout your opponent's poke and if he swaps again. Grass Knot is your best STAB. It also finishes off weakened Ttar.

Your Magnezone cannot counter Scizor as common Swords Dance Life Orb variants will Superpower / Brick Break you before you can move. To remedy this you must use a speed boosting nature with 216 speed EVs to guarantee you outrun Adamant max speed Scizor (or use a Choice Scarf, but I recommend Timid 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe with Life Orb).

Insect Plate is a shitty item. If you really like Yanmega, I suggest Choice Specs with Tinted Lens (Focus Sash isn't viable if you're abusing U-turn).

I'll change my lead into the scarf rachi recomendded and test it.
I'll change my Celebi into the bulky one.
U r aright, most zones are scarfed these days. I once trapped one using signal beam and killed it easily.

Thx for the help guys.

And DD mence, I have scarf gon covered.

You guys think the team is good?

At least there's no heatran!

The changes are great!
The team does way better now.

As ur team has 4 pokemons weak to fire, it would be a nice idea to replace celebi with Heatran, don't you think so ?

There is no "Choice U-Turn Glitch" on Shoddy. Go try it out on WiFi, it's the same thing. If you U-Turn to a Choice'd Pokemon who also knows U-Turn, you are stuck on that move.

As ur team has 4 pokemons weak to fire, it would be a nice idea to replace celebi with Heatran, don't you think so ?
Not really, since his fire resist has a ground STAB move to hit most fire types and is faster thanks to his scarf. you can also guarantee he can be kept around thanks to his SS immunity, SR resist, and immunity to other spikes. The other thing not weak to fire is Blissey, so I think she can take the majority of fire blasts ;)

to the OPer, Fire Blast 2HKOs Skarm, OHKOs Scizor and Forrey iirc, even with a -nature and no EVs. with that in mind, used an Adamant/ Jolly Nature on Flygon and go 4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spd spread.

Fire attacks hurt this team. Physical Arcanine or SD Ape will murder you, especially Apes with Mach Punch. Not to mention Heatran who can easily come in on Flygon's Outrage.

Luckily, your teams biggest threats aren't all that common. I would change Magnezone to ScarfZone, so you can outspeed Ape and Arcanine.

Slowbro might work over Celebi, still giving you a much needed fighting resist. Anyteam with SD Scizor and Magnezone may give you huge problem's seeing as you give them many chances to come in and either trap and kill or set up.

In DP, but platinum apparently fixed this:
But it's not fixed on shoddy.
That really hinders my team's ability.

Fire attacks hurt this team. Physical Arcanine or SD Ape will murder you, especially Apes with Mach Punch. Not to mention Heatran who can easily come in on Flygon's Outrage.

Luckily, your teams biggest threats aren't all that common. I would change Magnezone to ScarfZone, so you can outspeed Ape and Arcanine.

Slowbro might work over Celebi, still giving you a much needed fighting resist. Anyteam with SD Scizor and Magnezone may give you huge problem's seeing as you give them many chances to come in and either trap and kill or set up.
Scizors does give me problems. I always need to have a fodder in order to trap it with Magnezone.
I think most fire attacks come from heatran right? I think NP mixed ape can hurt this team but it's not all that common.

I also need a blukier spread of Jirachi, to say, 3HKO with meteor mash from max+ gross.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)