Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jrat, use a Wingull; it isn't allowed to learn any moves by level-up, except the ones you get when you catch it. (TMs, etc, are fair game). You can only evolve it once it's forgotten the moves it had when caught (again, you can use the move deleter if you really don't want to waste TMs).

Right now I have..
tailow (BIGboy) evolves a lvl 35 and must solo one of roxannes
gulpin (Otoro) evolves at lvl 46
treeko (PAWNCH) evolves after giga drain must always know pound
luvdisc (Valentine) must know attract at all times
ralts (Garden) lead against wally has to be fainted to evolve and must be a normal type to evolve the 2nd time... (which means it has to fight a kecleon)
I needs more challenge..

Going to give this a shot on Heart Gold..

Rules:
  • I'd like a wide range of types, and preferably a Surfer and Flyer, although they are not necessary.
  • No trading.
  • Make sure it's rather challenging. I'm open to pretty much anything, but nothing completely ludicrous like a Physical sweeper Shuckle. Evolving limitations are welcone.
Still looking for two more members. :]

@wkaps take a luvdisc that must always know attract and name it Valentine

@calypso take a sunkern that can not evolve until it solos one of morty's pokemon and name it Sprout

Calypso: Train a Togepi named Derren; you must keep Metronome on it. You can't evolve it until it explodes or selfdestructs using its Metronome, and can't re-evolve it until it uses Hyper Beam or an elemental version using its Metronome.

wkaps: Use a Ralts with Trace called Garden, who has to be your lead in every fight against Wally. It can only evolve while fainted (I'll let you figure out how to meet this condition; I can think of more than one way); and needs to be Normal-type at some point in the game in order to evolve again (this one could be a little more difficult).

done
tailow (BIGboy) evolves a lvl 35 and must solo one of roxannes
gulpin (Otoro) evolves at lvl 46
treeko ("PAWNCH") evolves after giga drain must always know pound
luvdisc (Valentine) must know attract at all times
ralts (Garden) lead against wally has to be fainted to evolve and must be a normal type to evolve the 2nd time... (which means it has to fight a kecleon)
Shedinja always know Sand-Attack.

Ahah, I love the Togepi challenge. It's going to take me forever. :x

Okay, so:
Starmie - can't evolve until over level 40, and knows Thunderbolt/Ice Beam.
Pidgeot - can't evolve until it knows Pluck.
Ampharos - can't evolve until it learns Discharge, and again when it learns Power Gem.
Nidoqueen - must know 2 elemental moves and Surf.
Sunflora - must solo one of Morty's Pokemon to evolve.
Togekiss - can't evolve it until it explodes or selfdestructs using its Metronome, and can't re-evolve until it uses Hyper Beam or an elemental version using its Metronome.

Thanks people; I'll make a start now.

wkaps, use a Shedinja.

You must stop using your Nincada at lvl 20. Once you get Shedinja, release or put the Ninjask in a box. Also it must always know Sand-Attack.

EDIT: I've started my challenge but only played for <2 hours. I spent about 50 mins searching for that Trace Ralts...

Team (prospective in italics):
Mudkip lvl 17 Can't evolve until soloing Brawly.
Ralts (Psycokiler) lvl 8 Must have Trace. KO every pkmn searching for it. Max 2 attacking moves.
Seedot lvl 10 Must know Bullet Seed or Hidden Power until after E4. Can't evolve into Nuzleaf until after Brawly. Can't evolve into Shiftry until after Norman.
Torkoal (EvilFarts) Must know ember and smog at all times.
Seviper (ACTRAISER) Only Poison/Dark moves; No base power over 60.
Plusle (Pikachu2) No rules.

I still have three slots two slots free plus my starter

Dustox named Mothra. I MUST evolve a Wurmple into it, and if it becomes a Silcoon, reset the entire file.
A makuhita named "Maki Maki" and female; can evolve only after soloing one of Winona's pokemon. Must have the move attract and must use attract whenever facing the opposite sex.
Wingull; it isn't allowed to learn any moves by level-up, except the ones I get when I catch it. I can only evolve it once it's forgotten the moves it had when caught.
Loudred. It must know Uproar forever and cannot evolve to Exploud until I am already battling the Elite 4.
Aggron, it must always know at least two Steel attacks and you can't teach it any physical moves by TM or Move Tutor.

So far for my Sapphire run I have:
1-a Wingull, and call it Pecky. It can only evolve if it solos one of Watson's pokemon (MaxKnight)
2-Shuppet, - it must know Spite, Will-O-Wisp, and Curse at all times (Calypso)
3-Skitty, male named Hairball that must keep doubleslap (Jrat)
4-Spinda, must be named Pooky (wkaps)

a starter would be nice.

@Jrat a Loudred. it must know Uproar forever and cannot evolve to Exploud until you are already battling the Elite 4

Then you get to the Elite four and have to blow up everything. Money isn't easy to get in RBY, there was an absolute limit to money in those games until you could run the Elite Four without wasting to many items (by which point I will have stopped playing) Also, I sequence break to get things, so it's considerably more.

I'm going to start, but I'm not going with that name on Tauros. I'll have to think of my own.
On my Blue version, I had enough to buy a Dratini with strictly purchased Game Corner coins, bought 20 Full Restores before fighting the E4, and STILL had a healthy buffer left over. Money isn't as much of an issue as you portray it to be, and you only have to buy 4 Revives and 4 Hyper Potions max for your Weezing, putting the total cost up to 10800, actually turning out to be much LESS if you have any of the many Revives and Hyper Potions scattered around the game still in your inventory (also substitute Max Potions, Max Revives, and Full Restores). For comparison, a Protein is 9800, and many (over 10) trainers give ~1000 on defeat.

Sequence breaking shouldn't be a big deal, but I might have termed my rules badly. By once per badge, I mean you have to use a suicide move once before you collect a badge, then once before you collect the next, and so on. You could explode on a freaking Tentacool or Rattata and then go heal at the nearest Pokecenter. The point of my challenge was to encourage the use of a Pokemon as a suicide bomber, because that is very rarely done. Of course, you instantly classify it as a horribly vicious challenge instead of an exploratory measure. Oh well. A good attempt gone awry.

Vratix - you must use a Lotad, it must learn all Water and Grass type moves as soon as possible, and from then on can only have Grass and Water moves. It can evolve into a Lombre whenever, but can only evolve into Ludicolo with a Water Stone immediately before you challenge the Champion after the Elite Four

1-a Wingull, and call it Pecky. It can only evolve if it solos one of Watson's pokemon (MaxKnight)
2-Shuppet, - it must know Spite, Will-O-Wisp, and Curse at all times (Calypso)
3-Skitty, male named Hairball that must keep doubleslap (Jrat)
4-Spinda, must be named Pooky (wkaps)
5-Lotad, it must learn all Water and Grass type moves as soon as possible, and from then on can only have Grass and Water moves. It can evolve into a Lombre whenever, but can only evolve into Ludicolo with a Water Stone immediately before you challenge the Champion after the Elite Four (Master Ball / Zacchaeus)
6-Torchic. It cant evolve until it solos the petalburg gym leader(normal) and can not evolve again until it solos Wallace (Resetx)

-edit-
Thanks for the help, I'mma get to it.

@ Vratix take a torchic. It cant evolve until it solos the petalburg gym leader(normal) and can not evolve again until it solos Wallace

OK so far I have:

A Mankey named ChopChop which can only evolve after lvl 38. This Mankey must also know Focus Energy + 3 Physical moves ( lol BrickBreak / Rock Slide / MegaPawnch )

A Bulbasaur named Rafsillia who must know Leech Seed

Oh and Id like there not to be too much overlap of types

Sequence breaking shouldn't be a big deal, but I might have termed my rules badly. By once per badge, I mean you have to use a suicide move once before you collect a badge, then once before you collect the next, and so on. You could explode on a freaking Tentacool or Rattata and then go heal at the nearest Pokecenter.
Oh. Well, that's a bit better. Yeah, you termed it a bit badly.

(And I don't care so much with something like Weezing, but I can hardly see how people with Electrode are intended to do it. 50 base attack + Explosion only having 170 BP back then is bad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)