Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Texas
Use Farfetch'd. You can take the one in Vermilion or breed a new one. But it must always hold Stick and must not forget Slash or Swords Dance once it gets them.

I would like to take the Scramble Challenge for Heart Gold.

Pokemon:
-Must not have more than 2 moves restricted (You can say have a Blastoise have 3 physical moves if you wanted, but I need at least some say in a pokemon move.)
-Must have one pokemon with at least 1 evolution restriction
-Must have at least one pokemon with a move restriction
-Must have type variety (no more than 2 of one type, and that can be one only duplicate type. i.e. I can have a Beedrill and a Crobat (Poison) on a team, but I cannot have a Pidgeot (flying).)
-No trading

@FinnRagetti: Take a Sentret/Furret that must always know Foresight. (I've actually done this, although I eventually deleted it some time around the seventh badge; it's surprisingly useful, both for hitting Ghosts and for countering Double Team.) You can't save the game until you catch it.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Texas
Use Farfetch'd. You can take the one in Vermilion or breed a new one. But it must always hold Stick and must not forget Slash or Swords Dance once it gets them.
Balls >(
I checked out my Farfetch'd in my current FireRed and its highest stat was 104 in Attack. At level 50. Balls.

FinnRagetti: get a Poliwhirl named ALLMYHATE. It cannot evolve into Poliwrath until it has minimum happiness (just to the point where if you ask a happiness checker they say it hates you). Afterward, its happiness can go as high as you like. Have fun with herbal medicine!

FinnRagetti: get a Poliwhirl named ALLMYHATE. It cannot evolve into Poliwrath until it has minimum happiness (just to the point where if you ask a happiness checker they say it hates you). Afterward, its happiness can go as high as you like. Have fun with herbal medicine!
You must have a Slowpoke, which you can evolve into either Slowbro or Slowking as you like with no restrictions. However, you must breed it from the above Poliwag/whirl to know Belly Drum, and it may never forget this move.

Finn, take a Chikorita, but don't evolve it into Bayleef unless it can survive at least one turn against Bugsy's Scyther.

Also, an update for my own challenge. For the record, this is the team I must use:

-Slakoth M (Naptime): Solo Roxanne; evolve into Vigoroth only after soloing one of Brawly's; evolve into Slaking ASAP; keep Yawn throughout; teach it Rest ASAP and keep the move from then on

-Gulpin (Heartburn): Must solo Wattson's Magnemite or Magneton to evolve into Swalot; cannot learn Sludge Bomb

-Wingull (Gulliver): Must solo one of Wattson's Pokemon to evolve into Pelipper (no items used); Teach Shockwave ASAP and use it as first move and twice against any ground types it fights

-Shroomish (Shrooms): Must solo one of Flannery's while under level 38 to evolve into Breloom

-Spoink: Only 1 attacking move; Must solo one of the Elite 4 to evolve into Grumpig

-Mudkip (HATRED): Cannot learn Surf; Cannot evolve into Marshtomp until it learns Hydro Pump

Last time, I was trying to beat Wattson and earn both Heartburn and the infamous Gulliver's rights to evolve.

I have just now done so, with Heartburn easily kicking the crap out of the old man's Magnemite, and a level 40 Gulliver managing to somehow scare the AI into not using Spark first turn, allowing for any easy win, followed by a glorious death after doing nearly 50% to Magneton. The steely bastard was then lolled at by StunSeed Shroomish.

Incidentally, I only have 1 out of 7 rare candies left.

Hi! First post on the forum! :p
I want a challenge for my run on HeartGold, could be anything doable, please? ^^

@Finn

Mind using a female Granbull that knows only 1 move without STAB?

Hi! First post on the forum! :p
I want a challenge for my run on HeartGold, could be anything doable, please? ^^
You have to use a Girafarig, and it must have 4 different type moves. (For example: one Normal, one Psychic, one Dark, and one Ghost move)

Ok so my team so far:
-Furret-Foresight, cant save until I catch one
-Poliwrath/Toad-Must hate me before it evolves into Poliwhirl, ALLMYHATE
-Slowbro/king-Must be bred to know Belly Drum, BellyPoke
-Chikorita, cannot evolve unless it survives one turn against Bugsy's Scyther.

I already have the dual type rule (Water), so Granbull is not on my team. Need two more.

Thorfinn: Use a Donphan, must know Rollout, cannot learn TMs

-Poliwrath/Toad-Must hate me before it evolves into Poliwhirl, ALLMYHATE
Supposed to be before it evolves into Poliwrath (get it? Poliwhirl hates you so much it gets RAGE and evolves into Poliwrath?), but that's okay too. Politoed requires trading to evolve, just fyi.

@Thorfinn: Dragonite with Extremespeed, BUT it must be bred from two generations. That is to say, you need to breed your original Dratini with Extremespeed to get a second Dratini with Extremespeed, breed that one to get a third with Extremespeed, and only then use it.

@Thorfinn
Use Tauros, no physical attacks allowed. As soon as you can get the Choice Specs from the Lake of Rage, you must get them and Tauros must use them from then on.

@Thorfinn - Catch a Mareep and evolve it till you have an Ampharos which knows:
Focus Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch (Which it apparently already knows after evolving. If not, substitute Headbutt)
Thunderbolt
Name it Fluffy.

I still have three slots two slots free plus my starter

Dustox named Mothra. I MUST evolve a Wurmple into it, and if it becomes a Silcoon, reset the entire file.
A makuhita named "Maki Maki" and female; can evolve only after soloing one of Winona's pokemon. Must have the move attract and must use attract whenever facing the opposite sex.
Wingull; it isn't allowed to learn any moves by level-up, except the ones I get when I catch it. I can only evolve it once it's forgotten the moves it had when caught.
Loudred. It must know Uproar forever and cannot evolve to Exploud until I am already battling the Elite 4.
Aggron, it must always know at least two Steel attacks and you can't teach it any physical moves by TM or Move Tutor.
Torchic is not allowed to use STAB moves. 1st Evolve after Watson, 2nd after gym 5.

@Thorfinn - Catch a Mareep and evolve it till you have an Ampharos which knows:
Focus Punch
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch (Which it apparently already knows after evolving. If not, substitute Headbutt) This is a heart scale move. If you dont have one, use headbutt.
Thunderbolt
Name it Fluffy.
The Tauros is too cruel lol

@FinnRagetti
A Yanma. It must be either the highest level poke on your team or tied for highest by the time you fight Morty and stay that way. Also, no special attacking moves.

Okay, there's a difference between challenging and head-to-desk frustrating. There's a difference between Bellypoke and Specs Tauros. Would anyone want to play MY challenge, where you have to use a Happiny that only uses physical attacks and has to solo every gym leader possible and the Elite 4 BEFORE EVOLVING ONCE?

Okay, there's a difference between challenging and head-to-desk frustrating. There's a difference between Bellypoke and Specs Tauros. Would anyone want to play MY challenge, where you have to use a Happiny that only uses physical attacks and has to solo every gym leader possible and the Elite 4 BEFORE EVOLVING ONCE?
Specs Tauros is not THAT bad. It has a phenomenal TM movepool, and it only has to be around level 60 to OHKO Lance's Gyarados with Thunderbolt and all of his Dragonites with Ice Beam.

hey was saying specs tauros wasn't THAT bad, presumably for the reasons you listed. He was instead complaining about his legitimately RIDICULOUS Happiny challenge.
@Acritter, I feel for you man. Dang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)