Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
So far for my mlag SnlbaecaeCr hl I have:

•Massive the Turtwig
inanimimate blob: You get Massive the Turtwig.. Massive is a huge Turtwig, and this plagues him in that he can only use STAB and Normal moves for some reason. When he evolves into a Grotle, he becomes even larger, and suddenly cannot be used inside of buildings. When he evolves into a Torterra, he becomes a very small Torterra, and decides that he has to make it up to your team after being fairly useless as a Grotle. He must solo Wake, Volkner, and Lucian to make it up to you.

•Slave the Bidoof
Espeon65: Take Slave the Bidoof. He knows he is no help to you, and tries to be useful in HMs. He must know 3 HMs of your choosing, and he must solo 10 galactic grunts and a galactic commander.

•Powerhouse the Starly
Yarnus of Bethany: Take Powerhouse the Starly. Powerhouse must solo 1 E4 member, 1 gym leader, and 1 galactic leader. Powerhouse must switch out and switch back in again if he fails to OHKO any pokemon. Powerhouse must always have the highest attack in the team.

•Scorpio the Gligar
Naix: Take Scorpio the Gligar. Throughout its lifetime, Scorpio believed that it was actually a Bug/Flying-type, rather than Ground/Flying, since it's obviously a gliding scorpion. This causes Scorpio to have... unusual tendencies as far as behavior and battling style go. For example, Scorpio believes that it should always know at least 1 Bug-type attack so it can always have STAB. Also, as the first line of defense scorpions use in real life is to use the stingers on the end of their tails, Scorpio must always know Poison Jab from when I get it and must use it at the beginning of every wild Pokemon encounter, even if the enemy's a Steel-type.

However, soon after you catch Scorpio, it hears from your other Pokemon that it is actually part Ground rather than part Bug. This causes Scorpio to distrust your other Pokemon to the point where it refuses to partake in any double battles with the rest of your team. (Note: This does not prevent Scorpio from participating in double battles with other trainers, like Cheryl or Barry. Also, the above restriction can be ignored if you have no choice but to send Scorpio in.) It also makes Scorpio decide to lead your party through Pastoria Gym (without fainting once) to prove its case. After this is done, Scorpio may evolve.

•NotUseless the Flareon
Jimera0: Get an Eevee and evolve into Flareon ASAP. Name it "IAMNOTUSELESS" or something along those lines. It's upset that Flareon has been laughed at for generation after generation for being by far the worst eeveeolution, even behind Glaceon, a pure Ice type! So it decides to prove its usefulness to your team by soloing every gym leader not being solo'd by another Pokemon, and by taking out at least 4 Pokemon in the Elite 4. Good luck!

One more to go.
Questions:
Can Turtwig use status moves?
Can Torterra use non STAB moves and/ or fight in buildings?
Does Slave have to be a slave?
For Scorpio, it would have forgotten Poison Sting. What do I do about that?

For Scorpio, it would have forgotten Poison Sting. What do I do about that?
Sorry, I thought it could be caught before it would naturally forget Poison Sting. I guess instead it could have Poison Jab take Poison Sting's place. Sorry again for the mistake. Poison Jab can be obtained in southern Route 212 after you get Surf, in case you're wondering..

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Sorry, I thought it could be caught before it would naturally forget Poison Sting. I guess instead it could have Poison Jab take Poison Sting's place. Sorry again for the mistake. Poison Jab can be obtained in southern Route 212 after you get Surf, in case you're wondering..
Do you mean that after I get the ability to surf, I get the TM and teach it to it?
EDIT: I didn't even see the white text. Hahaha.

Chapter 12 of my Hard Black Scramble is up!

It can be found here. I continue to struggle through the last bit of Unova in this one; you guys really met the "hard" mark with this scramble. Oh, also I didn't put individual analyses of the Pokemon this time because virtually nothing has changed in their performance from the last chapter and it'd just be a waste of my time writing it and yours reading it. Hope you guys don't mind!

Still need 3 more pokemon

@Dragoon, You Get Lol No the Treecko, Lol No Likes to Say Lol no at his Opponents, making him a Decent Nuisance Pokemon, Solo Brawly To Evolve, It must not Solo Roxanne, but It has to kill at least One Pokemon Of Roxanne.
Solo Wattson To Evolve into Sceptile.
Take Peeko the Wingull. Peeko like sailing, so must always know a water-type move and use it once a battle. Solo the entire Abandoned Shipwreck. Peeko must evolve directly after OHKOing a trainer's pokemon.
@ Dragoon124: You get Flapper the Zubat.

Flapper does not care about your difficulty. As long as it holds its Cheri Berries, & it gets a shot at soloing Wattson's Pokemon, it does not care. Flapper must hold a Cheri Berry to fight. If it loses it mid-battle, it must switch out. It can evolve into Golbat whenever, but to evolve into Crobat, it must solo one of Wattson's Pokemon. On the first attempt. Which means you cannot Soft Reset your way to a Crobat. Ever.
@ Dragoon124: Have Flapper solo 20 Trained Grass Types instead.

Dragoon, take a Electrike and name it Buzz. Buzz like's "buzzing" his enemies, meaning paralyzing them. As such, he cannot attack directly unless the enemy is paralyzed, or the move he is using has a chance of causing paralysis. Have him defeat a major trainer of your choice (gym leader, rival, criminal team boss, Elite 4 member, etc.) by paralyzing every last one of their Pokemon.

Good luck and have fun!

Hello, I would like a very hard Soulsilver challenge.
I cannot trade and I do not want to use a starter pokemon.
Try not to give me any pseudos unless they have some major handicaps.
UU pokemon are always fun.

XAkaviri, take Leaf the Chikorita. The only attacks it's allowed to use are physical after the split. Must evolve into Bayleef after the third gym and into Meganium after the kimono girls. GL!

Someone else, take Powerhouse the Starly. Powerhouse must solo 1 E4 member, 1 gym leader, and 1 galactic leader. Powerhouse must switch out and switch back in again if he fails to OHKO any pokemon. Powerhouse must always have the highest attack in the team.

XAkaviri, take an Ekans and name it Akaviri. Like its namesake, its combat style is pure offense (the Akaviri do not wear armour), and as such it must only have damage dealing moves. Good luck!

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Reserving for someoneelse

Take Maestro the Kricketot.

Maestro loves sound. Sound is the only reason it lives. So, to keep this challenge easy, it must use at least 1 sound-based move per battle. After it evolves, it must use at least 3 sound-based moves per battle. Also, it must solo any one Elite Four member OR any one Gym Leader and at least two trainers in that Gym.

Here is the list of sound-based moves it can learn. I'm so nice :>
Growl
Sing
Screech
Bug Buzz
Perish Song

Good luck; have fun!

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Cool, I'll start soon. This will be my major post.
Pokemon
•Massive the Turtwig
inanimimate blob: You get Massive the Turtwig.. Massive is a huge Turtwig, and this plagues him in that he can only use STAB and Normal moves for some reason. When he evolves into a Grotle, he becomes even larger, and suddenly cannot be used inside of buildings. When he evolves into a Torterra, he becomes a very small Torterra, and decides that he has to make it up to your team after being fairly useless as a Grotle. He must solo Wake, Volkner, and Lucian to make it up to you.

•Slave the Bidoof
Espeon65: Take Slave the Bidoof. He knows he is no help to you, and tries to be useful in HMs. He must know 3 HMs of your choosing by the fifth badge or something, and he must solo 10 galactic grunts and a galactic commander.

•Powerhouse the Starly
Yarnus of Bethany: Take Powerhouse the Starly. Powerhouse must solo 1 E4 member, 1 gym leader, and 1 galactic leader. Powerhouse must switch out and switch back in again if he fails to OHKO any pokemon. Powerhouse must always have the highest attack in the team.
Will solo Gardenia and ???

•Scorpio the Gligar
Naix: Take Scorpio the Gligar. Throughout its lifetime, Scorpio believed that it was actually a Bug/Flying-type, rather than Ground/Flying, since it's obviously a gliding scorpion. This causes Scorpio to have... unusual tendencies as far as behavior and battling style go. For example, Scorpio believes that it should always know at least 1 Bug-type attack so it can always have STAB. Also, as the first line of defense scorpions use in real life is to use the stingers on the end of their tails, Scorpio must always know Poison Jab from when I get it and must use it at the beginning of every wild Pokemon encounter, even if the enemy's a Steel-type.

However, soon after you catch Scorpio, it hears from your other Pokemon that it is actually part Ground rather than part Bug. This causes Scorpio to distrust your other Pokemon to the point where it refuses to partake in any double battles with the rest of your team. (Note: This does not prevent Scorpio from participating in double battles with other trainers, like Cheryl or Barry. Also, the above restriction can be ignored if you have no choice but to send Scorpio in.) It also makes Scorpio decide to lead your party through Pastoria Gym (without fainting once) to prove its case. After this is done, Scorpio may evolve.

•NotUseless the Flareon
Jimera0: Get an Eevee and evolve into Flareon ASAP. Name it "IAMNOTUSELESS" or something along those lines. It's upset that Flareon has been laughed at for generation after generation for being by far the worst eeveeolution, even behind Glaceon, a pure Ice type! So it decides to prove its usefulness to your team by soloing every gym leader not being solo'd by another Pokemon, and by taking out at least 4 Pokemon in the Elite 4. Good luck!

•Maestro the Kricketot
Level 51: Take Maestro the Kricketot. Maestro loves sound. Sound is the only reason it lives. So, to keep this challenge easy, it must use at least 1 sound-based move per battle. After it evolves, it must use at least 3 sound-based moves per battle. Also, it must solo any one Elite Four member OR any one Gym Leader and at least two trainers in that Gym.

Chapters
Before I get into things, let me tell you about myself. My name is Someone. I don't think it is my real name but nobody knows what it really is. You see, when I was about four there was an earthquake near my home town. My house was destroyed and rubble hit my parents and me. My dad passed away, while my mum and I had cases of amnesia, mine a lot more severe than hers. I lost all of my memory, while Mum forgot parts of it, such as my name. She first called me Someone, so I've grown to like the name. When I moved to Twinleaf Town I met my neighbour, and only friend up until now; Barry. We are going to try to get a Pokemon each today. He is very active and acts first and suffers the consequences, while I'm smarter and I consider things. He didn't have many friends either, as they were all far away and Twinleaf is a very tiny place with very few people. Now that we know each other, we're great friends. There's not much more to say about my life until now. I've forgotten part of it and I still forget things sometimes.

Smash!
My door blasted open and Barry ran into my room.
"Did you see that? Did you see that!" he said.
"What is it, Barry?" I replied.
"Rowan on TV. He's got loads of Pokemon. We should steal- I mean ask him for some."
"Wow. That's the first decent idea I've heard from you in the last two years."
"What are you waiting for? Let's go!"
I got ready, and just before I left Mum reminded me,
"Don't go into the tall grass, Someone, there are dangerous things like level two Bidoof!"

Barry and I went to Route 201 in hopes of getting to Rowan's lab in Sandgem Town when we saw tall grass. I thought about what Mum said and was about to try to get over that impassable one metre ledge when Barry said,
"Let's go through the grass so quickly that Pokemon can't come out!"
I responded,
"But that's how the appea—"
Barry was already running, until,
"STOP!"
An old man yelled at Barry, causing him to trip and fall on his face, with a Starly landing on him.
"You can't go into the tall grass without a Pokemon, there are dangerous things like that!"

"Wait a moment," I said. "Are you Professor Rowan?"
"Indeed I am," he said. "I know, I'll give you a Pokemon."
"Really?" Barry said.
"Yes," said Rowan.
"Cool!" he said. "Someone, you choose first, I want the one with a type advantage."
"Ok," I said. "I'll choose the Turtwig!"
"Then I'll take the Piplup." Barry said. "Wait no! I'll get the Chimchar!"
We had a short battle while Rowan left with his assistant. I easily won while the Chimchar was busy leering. I named the Turtwig Massive. It seemed fitting.
Massive

Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Docile
Characteristic: Sturdy body
"Teach me, master" said Massive.
"Ok, Massive, you can adventure with me and learn."
We went home to show him to Mum, who gave me the Running Shoes while breaking the fourth wall (what B button). Barry came to my house again.
"We should thank Rowan by getting him the lake guardian," he said.
"But we have no—"
"I don't care!" he screamed.
He dragged me to the lake, where a strange man was standing. He said a load of rubbish and left. We heard something soon after.
"Was that Mesprit 's cry?" asked Barry. "Let's catch it!"
Barry realised that he had no balls.
"We've no Poké Balls! You know, P-O-K-accent-E Balls!"
:evan:
He ran away, leaving me to go to Sandgem Town.
Rowan took me inside his lab. He officially gave me Massive and a TM for Return. I went home to tell Mum and get some new shoes.
"Press the B button to run" said Mum.
Fourth wall breaking skill level: OVER 9000!
I went back and Dawn taught me how to catch Pokemon. I caught Slave the Bidoof and Powerhouse the Starly.
"Hey" said Starly.
"Derp" said Bidoof.
" Can you only speak Derp, Slave?"
"No. Actually, we Bidoof are the second-most intelligent species, after Bibarel, we just hide it."
"Oh. Okay then. Powerhouse, give those potions back."
"Hehehe" said Powerhouse, dropping the potions.

Slave

Ability: Unaware
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Very finicky

Powerhouse

Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Naughty
Characteristic: Likes to fight

We went to Jubilife City and got a Pokétch.
"Hey, gimme that!" yelled Barry.
He took the parcel and ran off, dropping a Town map onto the ground. I picked it up and continued on to Route 203 and the first major battle.

Pokemon- LVP-MVP

It's a bit difficult now because there haven't been any major battles yet but:

LVP- Powerhouse Lv. 10

-Tackle
-Growl (useless)
-Quick Attack
-Wing Attack
This may sound odd, but this little bird made me switch in and out to grind it to level 10, making it even worse than Slave.

2nd MVP- Slave Lv. 7

-Tackle
-Growl
It didn't actually do anything, useful or not.

MVP- Massive Lv. 9

-Tackle
-Withdraw (useless)
-Absorb
Massive actually helped by not needing to grind it.

I still need 4 more pokemon for my hard SoulSilver challenge. About the 2 was assigned already, thank you for assigning them, but they aren't really hard in my eyes, I would like harder challenges for them. I guess I will change it to 'very hard'. Thank you.

XAkaviri, take Hatred the Togepi. When Hatred was in its egg, a mishap occurred that caused it to be emotionally inverted, causing it to mercilessly attack whatever it comes across (can't switch out, always under the effect of Taunt. Metronome doesn't count as an attacking move) and also because of the mishap, Hatred despises everybody, but you in particular to the point where it will accept absolutely no items from you and will attack its teammates in double battles.

Now, you're probably thinking "How is Hatred supposed to evolve if Togepi's means of evolution is happiness?" The answer to that is it won't, unless of course it successfully soloes the Rocket Grunt in the Kimono Dance Theater (yes, that's what it's actually called) and later the Kimono Girls themselves. The reason for this is because the Kimono Girls are the ones who originally posessed the Togepi egg. After defeating them, Hatred must lead your party when you go to the Whirl Islands to battle Lugia. (Note: Hatred does not have to battle Lugia.) In case you're wondering why, the dance the Kimono Girls perform there is not only to awaken Lugia, but also as a purification ceremony, much like in Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD's Agate Village. In other words, when the Kimono Girls are performing under Whirl Islands, they are essentially "purifying" Hatred, causing it to become a normal Togepi that loves everybody and everything, allowing it to evolve.

Now that Hatred has been purified, it decides to refute its own ways, meaning that every restriction it had as a Togepi is now reversed. (it will accept items from you, it can only have one attacking move which it cannot use unless it has used its other moves in the same battle, will never attack its teammates, is able to switch out) Also, Hatred decides to change its moveset entirely (Note: the amount of attacking moves Happiness can know is the opposite of how many it had as a Togepi. For example, if it had 3 attacking moves as a Togepi, it can only have one as a Togetic, and if it had 2 as a Togepi, it will have 2 as a Togetic.) and change its nickname to Happiness in commemoration of this. Finally, to prove that it loves you rather than hates you, it soloes an Elite Four member of your choice. After that is completed, Happiness may evolve again.

Have fun!

XAkaviri, take Hatred the Togepi. When Hatred was in its egg, a mishap occurred that caused it to be emotionally inverted, causing it to mercilessly attack whatever it comes across (can't switch out, always under the effect of Taunt. Metronome doesn't count as an attacking move) and also because of the mishap, Hatred despises everybody, but you in particular to the point where it will accept absolutely no items from you and will attack its teammates in double battles.

Now, you're probably thinking "How is Hatred supposed to evolve if Togepi's means of evolution is happiness?" The answer to that is it won't, unless of course it successfully soloes the Rocket Grunt in the Kimono Dance Theater (yes, that's what it's actually called) and later the Kimono Girls themselves. The reason for this is because the Kimono Girls are the ones who originally posessed the Togepi egg. After defeating them, Hatred must lead your party when you go to the Whirl Islands to battle Lugia. (Note: Hatred does not have to battle Lugia.) In case you're wondering why, the dance the Kimono Girls perform there is not only to awaken Lugia, but also as a purification ceremony, much like in Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD's Agate Village. In other words, when the Kimono Girls are performing under Whirl Islands, they are essentially "purifying" Hatred, causing it to become a normal Togepi that loves everybody and everything, allowing it to evolve.

Now that Hatred has been purified, it decides to refute its own ways, meaning that every restriction it had as a Togepi is now reversed. (it will accept items from you, it can only have one attacking move which it cannot use unless it has used its other moves in the same battle, will never attack its teammates, is able to switch out) Also, Hatred decides to change its moveset entirely (Note: the amount of attacking moves Happiness can know is the opposite of how many it had as a Togepi. For example, if it had 3 attacking moves as a Togepi, it can only have one as a Togetic, and if it had 2 as a Togepi, it will have 2 as a Togetic.) and change its nickname to Happiness in commemoration of this. Finally, to prove that it loves you rather than hates you, it soloes an Elite Four member of your choice. After that is completed, Happiness may evolve again.

Have fun!
Great challenge! Just about the best I have seen so far and is exactly the difficulty I was looking for. Everyone else, this is a perfect example of what I want. Good job Naix, feel free to give me more than one if you want :)

I need 5 more SoulSilver very hard pokemon, and no starters please, thanks.

And could someone give me 2 very hard Platinum pokemon? figured out cranidos isnt gonna work for me, and Drifloon can only be caught like once on Friday so I don't want that now :/

If you decide to give me 2, pokemon with challenges that correlate with each other would be interesting.

XAkaviri, take Passive the Hoppip. Hoppip realizes it's weak, and as such decides to become helpful to you in a different way - as death fodder / heal fodder. Due to this, when ever you need to use a Potion or Revive or any item of the sort (except X items), you must switch into Passive unless it interferes with a challenge. Passive is only allowed to have one true attacking move as well.

Oh, and Passive must solo one (1) Pokèmon from Chuck and one (1) Pokèmon in the entire Elite Four. Good day.

XAkaviri, take Passive the Hoppip. Hoppip realizes it's weak, and as such decides to become helpful to you in a different way - as death fodder / heal fodder. Due to this, when ever you need to use a Potion or Revive or any item of the sort (except X items), you must switch into Passive unless it interferes with a challenge. Passive is only allowed to have one true attacking move as well.

Oh, and Passive must solo one (1) Pokèmon from Chuck and one (1) Pokèmon in the entire Elite Four. Good day.
Was this for Platinum or Soulsilver?

XAkaviri, for your Platinum Scramble, I give you Generator the Magnemite. Unlike other Electric-types, Generator's Electric-type moves have to be "charged up" before they can be used. You see, the way it works is that Generator's electrical power runs off a "generator" system, starting at 0 and increasing or decreasing depending on what it does/what happens to it in battle, hence the nickname. The way the generator system works is as follows:

Starts at 0.
Increases by 5 every turn Generator's in battle, counted at the end of the turn. This is doubled if there's another Electric-type on the field. (This does not mean Generator's electric power increases every turn when you're trying to catch it.)
Decreases by a varying amount when using an Electric-type attack. For damaging Electric-type moves (outside of Charge Beam), the amount decreases by the base power of said attack. If using Thunder Wave, the amount is decreased by 10. If using Charge Beam, the amount decreases normally if nothing happens, but decreases by only 20 if Generator gets the Special Attack boost.
Increases by 25 if hit by an opponent's Electric-type attack.
Decreases by 50 if healed at a Pokemon Center.
Falls to 0 if deposited in the PC.
Caps at 100 as a Magnemite, at 175 as a Magneton, and at 255 as a Magnezone.
All increases (but not decreases) are doubled if Generator is holding a Magnet.

To evolve, Generator has to fill out its "generator" (this applies for both evolutions), and if you want to teach it Charge Beam, it has to solo 2 Gym Leaders, each without the use of more than 5 items.

Have fun!

XAkaviri, for your Platinum Scramble, I give you Generator the Magnemite. Unlike other Electric-types, Generator's Electric-type moves have to be "charged up" before they can be used. You see, the way it works is that Generator's electrical power runs off a "generator" system, starting at 0 and increasing or decreasing depending on what it does/what happens to it in battle, hence the nickname. The way the generator system works is as follows:

Starts at 0.
Increases by 5 every turn Generator's in battle, counted at the end of the turn. This is doubled if there's another Electric-type on the field. (This does not mean Generator's electric power increases every turn when you're trying to catch it.)
Decreases by a varying amount when using an Electric-type attack. For damaging Electric-type moves (outside of Charge Beam), the amount decreases by the base power of said attack. If using Thunder Wave, the amount is decreased by 10. If using Charge Beam, the amount decreases normally if nothing happens, but decreases by only 20 if Generator gets the Special Attack boost.
Increases by 25 if hit by an opponent's Electric-type attack.
Decreases by 50 if healed at a Pokemon Center.
Falls to 0 if deposited in the PC.
Caps at 100 as a Magnemite, at 175 as a Magneton, and at 255 as a Magnezone.
All increases (but not decreases) are doubled if Generator is holding a Magnet.

To evolve, Generator has to fill out its "generator" (this applies for both evolutions), and if you want to teach it Charge Beam, it has to solo 2 Gym Leaders, each without the use of more than 5 items.

Have fun! And in case you're wondering, I'm not going to give you another SS mon, despite your offer.
Your the best Naix :)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hi, posting here because this thread just got what its predecessor got...

Here is to many more Luvdiscs & Scrambles for the future!

This thread needs more Treadshot!

So, to make my return that much more memorable, I'm announcing the...

...GET BACK AT TREADSHOT SCRAMBLE!!!

That's right, since I'm picking up a copy of B2 once its released, I'll be scrambling my way through it! To make it more fun, I'll scramble it without knowing the storyline. All i know about it is that Magnemite is awesome, so I'll be using a Magnemite thank you. :)

Rules:
Game - Black 2
# of Pokemon - 6

Must have - Magnemite, Lucario

HM - All must be available without HM Slaves.
All challenges must be awesome.
All challenges must be difficult.

No copying my challenges. Any of them. Be creative!

I'll be scrambling all the way to the Champion. The pokemon must be catch-able without trading before I reach Victory Road.

Starter necessary. Which one I don't care.

I'll be expecting one from IAR and one from KS. :)

So...y'know the drill...fire away!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)