Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

Awesome, this is my first scramble. So the usual rules here but no trading, I want the difficulty to be easy-medium, and I don't want to use my starter so the latest I want my first pokemon is Viridian Forest. Also this is for FireRed.

Addled the Pidgey
  • Cannot evolve to Pidgeot
  • Must solo Misty's gym to evolve.
  • Must learn fly and fly must be the first move it uses in battle.

Sploosh the Magikarp
  • Must be bought from the Magikarp guy.
  • Must use splash 3 times in 10 battles w/o fainting to evolve.
  • Must solo 1 rival battle and 1 gym leader battle to learn TMs.
  • May only learn 1 stab move.

BrooklynRage the Mankey
  • Can't switch out until opponent's pokemon is defeated.
  • Can only use attacking moves.

Paranoia the Clefairy
  • May only have one attacking move.
  • If it faints must remove 9 items from my bag
  • Must solo the Lavender Tower to evolve.
  • Must rename to Fearless once it evolves.
  • Fearless must have all attacking moves
  • Fearless may not use healing items or switch out in battle.
  • Must solo Agatha.
  • Must solo 2 of Bruno's pokemon if it evolves.

Cutie the Ponyta
  • Must learn attract ASAP.
  • Must use attract on every male pokemon.
  • Must solo half of Giovanni's gym trainers to evolve.
  • Must solo 5 Victory Road trainers or 1 male Elite 4 member. If these cannot be done Cutie is not allowed to battle the Champion.

Odd the Oddish
  • Must know Sweet Scent forever.
  • Must solo Guile Surge's Gym to evolve
  • As a Gloom, it must automatically be switched out whenever it faces a pokemon of a lower level.
  • To evolve again, it must solo Erika.
  • As Vileplume, it's final moveset must be Sweet Scent, Sunny Day, Solarbeam and Petal Dance. Petal Dance must be used as a finisher.
  • It must solo Giovanni's other pokemon that Cutie didn't solo.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Awesome, this is my first scramble. So the usual rules here but no trading, I want the difficulty to be easy-medium, and I don't want to use my starter so the latest I want my first pokemon is Viridian Forest. Also this is for FireRed.
Nice avatar. Oh yeah, a Pokemon for you...well, let's give you something that should add SOME challenge to this challange...

Take Addled the Pidgey. Pidgey wants to evolve, but for some reason, believes it can't evolve except through trading! As such, it cannot evolve beyond Pidgeotto. However, it knows that while there is water dampening its wings, it cannot fly. So, it must solo Misty in order to evolve. And one last thing - it looooooooooooooooooves flying. As such, you must teach it Fly ASAP. Once it learns it, it must be the first move it uses in battle.

gl;hf

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
BlazikenRage, take Sploosh the Magikarp. This poor guy was caught by that weird fisherman and then sold to you at the Mt. Moon Pokemon Center. He's a sad fellow who wants to do his best, but he seems to only be able to bounce up and down! In order to evolve him, you must use Splash three times in at least 10 battles, and not have him faint, as this will lower his confidence. Also, it may only use TMs as a Gyarados once it Solo's at least 1 Rival Battle, and 1 Gym Leader (not the whole gym, just the leader). Lastly this little guy can only have 1 STAB move at a time.

(EXP Share IS allowed to lower the challenge a bit)

Hope you succeed! :)

@BlazikenRage

Take a Mankey and name it BrooklynRage (shorten it however it needs to be to fit). Brooklyn is ALWAYS IN A RAGE! Once it hits the battlefield, it can't switch out until its opponent is destroyed or Brooklyn itself is destroyed (the Mankey not the borough, unless you have a spare nuclear weapon you want to use). Brooklyn isn't the best at complex strategies and just likes to use a bunch of flashy hard hitting moves, so it can only use damaging attacks.

Good luck and have fun!

@blazikinrage
take Paranoia the Clefairy.
Paranoia is very afraid of fainting, and not understanding how Pokemon centers or revives work, she doesn't trust them. Because of this fear Paranoia wants to avoid fainting at all costs, and may only have one attacking move, with the rest being boosting/healing moves. If Paranoia does faint, you can only revive it after sacrificing the number of items equal to Paranoia's attack's base power divided by five. After you revive it, tell Paranoia that you sacrificed the items to the great moon stone god, they are in a cult after all.

In order to evolve, Paranoia must face its fears and solo the Pokemon tower in Lavender town. After evolving, Paranoia loses its fear of death. Rename it Fearless. Fearless is no longer restricted to only one attacking move. Instead, all of Fearless's moves must be attacks. Fearless now doesn't care about technology, so no more item sacrifice. Fearless also may not be healed or switched out while in battle.

Either way, have Paranoia/Fearless solo Agatha. If you have evolved into fearless, it must also solo two of Bruno's Pokemon.

Chapter One of White is up!

I was going for a different style of prose run then what I did for Ruby-a change of pace, if you will. Updates of this will probably be less frequent then Ruby, but that's okay because this run will probably also be a lot shorter then Ruby due to the horrific gauntlets I got.

The Pokenomicon (15th century text, author unknown)
(Property of Mr. E. R. Juniper)

A Preface.​

I have come to realise over the years that the slow march of progress in the physical sciences is a set of stairs of sorts. Many morphologists in the past have left behind records of the creatures they found, the things they have discovered-in essence, their lives’ work. At first, when I saw these musty tomes, I assumed that they were a record of their writer’s vanity-of how they claimed superiority over those who came before them, and the others of their time. Now, they are the only resources on morphology ever since the burning of the great city of Alph.

Now, every heartbeat I take brings me one moment closer to death. So I have decided, like those who came before me, to leave behind my memories, that they may form my legacy. I shall chronicle everything I have experienced and learned in my time, such that future men of science shall benefit from my knowledge. And I hope that my readers choose to as well-it is the utmost importance to prevent the world from falling back into the Dark Ages of such few decades ago.

The only way to protect the peasants of the world is to ensure that their lieges are enlightened. Savagery and ignorance is good for only the men in power, and their right hands. I myself was blessed as the naturalist for a small kingdom in the land of Kanto, which gave me wonderful license to roam the fields and woods of my liege’s dominion conducting my research. I pray that such attachments will not be necessary for you, my student-the natural studies has seldom been the main pursuit of any man, but perhaps the world will have readied itself for exploration and learning in the future.

Do not be afraid of change. Embrace it, as you would a lover or a frightened child. Nurture the seed of intelligence in your mind, and raise it until it becomes a mighty tree of enlightenment. When Giratina comes knocking at your door...make certain you leave something behind.

October 22, 1822
Nuvema Province-Unovan Confederacy

“Jonathan! The professor is calling! Come down!” His mother didn’t take no for an answer. Jonathan rolled off the bundle of furs that he slept on and climbed down the ladder from the loft.

“I’m her, Mother. What does the professor want?”

“He wants to know whether you’re ready to travel the world for his research. But...” her voice dropped to a whisper,”I fear your father’s leg is not fully recovered, and I ask that you restrain your adventurous side for at least another fortnight.”

“Mother, that’s what you said the fortnight before, as well as the one before that.”

“I know, I know...but if he can’t walk on it we won’t have meat. Please do us the courtesy of waiting until he recovers fully to leave.”

“Yes, Mother...” Jonathan stepped outside and ran straight into the Professor.

“Oh! Good morning, Jonathan. Did you sleep well?”

“I slept fine, I slept fine...Has your mother already told you that I won’t be going?”

“What? She hasn’t said anything of the sort!”

“My mother was afraid that my father isn’t fully recovered, and I can’t just leave them without someone to hunt.”

“No matter. We can still prepare for your journey here in town, but I fear there will not be much more for us to prepare for following today. Someday, you MUST take your first step into the wider world! You simply must!”

“What do you have to show me, Professor, sir?”

“Before we start, I must retrieve your friend Connor, as well as Sarah if her father will allow it. This is one lesson it would be best not to teach separately. You can come with me if you desire, or you can meet me at my home.”

“I’ll come along, if you don’t mind.”

“Excellent, excellent.” The pair made their way across the town-just a dozen log cabins around a central square, to be honest-to Connor’s house, which sat under a oak tree most certainly showing its age.

The professor knocked on the door.

“Connor, are you awake?”

Connor came around the corner of the house, carrying a bundle of firewood. “Are you looking for me?”

“Why, yes! Would you mind coming with us for one last session before you set out tomorrow.”

“I would love to. Just one moment!” Connor slid inside the door of the house and set down his wood before he came with us.

“Do you think Sarah will be coming with us?”

“I find it unlikely. Sarah’s father may be in another drunken stupor, and I doubt she has the faculties required to take care of herself on the road.”

“She won’t be alone. She’ll have us.”

“I doubt you three will want to spend your entire journeys together. Eventually you’ll want to split up and enjoy your own journey. You’d be surprised how tired of each other three people can get if they’re trapped together for weeks on end.”

“Don’t you think all of your talk about Bianca is a wee bit unnecessary?” Jonathon asked. “You seem to be writing her off before we’ve even embarked.”

“Women are simply not equipped to handle perilous situations, which I’m sure you’ll run into at some point on your journey.”

“Sarah is hardly your typical young woman. She can handle herself.” The group arrived at Sarah’s house, an unkempt cabin at the bottom of a hill.

“Get out! GET OUT!” The door slammed open, and Sarah dashed out in a simple brown dress. “And don’t come back without that cup or sugar!”

“Oh, hello! What brings you to our...lovely...home today?”

“Actually, Sarah, we were wondering if you would mind...dropping in at my home today for one last lesson.” The professor glanced at Jonathan pointedly. “If, of course, your father approves.”

“Too many drinks last night to care, I think. He thinks I’m Mother getting ready to bake him a batch of cookies.”

“Let us be off, then.” The professor smiled, but his eyes spoke differently.

The Professor’s cabin wasn’t far away-just a little bit outside of town.

“So...what are you going to teach us today?” Sarah asked.

“My dear, I thought we would cover traps. You see, if you can’t capture Pokemon, you can hardly befriend them. Most of them tend not to stick around if you give them food. Bloody opportunists...”

“When did you set out these traps?” Connor asked. “They must be close by, but I didn’t see them yesterday when I was hunting...”

“The traps aren’t actually set. I thought it more prudent to examine their workings at my home, to avoid any unfortunate occurences.” The professor swung open the door to his cabin. “Come in, come in, don’t make me wait all day.”

“So, allow me to explain-be careful with that!”-the Professor yanked Jonathan’s hand away from a rather lethal looking implement on the wall-,”As I was ABOUT to say before Master Jonathan over here-”

“I’m not a child, Professor.”

“A man would remain silent and,”-the Professor pulled a pin out of a trap, causing it to snap shut where Jonathan’s hand was a second ago,”KEEP HIS HANDS WHERE THEY BELONG!”

“Sorry, Professor.”

“Now...where was I? Ah, yes, traps. If you intend to bring along the pokemon you find for further study, you are going to need to have some means of first capturing them, then restraining them until they adapt to your prescence. That’s what I made these for.”

“I made five for each of you, plus one to protect you from wild pokemon who are too large to deal with with a pistol or musket.”

“How are they operated?”

“Let us begin with this trap.” The professor lifted the circular metal contraption that had almost removed Jonathan’s hand seconds earlier. “The trigger is this plate in the center. Stay back...” Juniper poked the trap with a long branch, and the jaws snapped shut, turning the branch to sawdust. “It’s quite powerful-make sure not to wind it too much or leave it somewhere where you can’t set it off safely.”

“How do you set the trap?” Sarah asked.

“It’s rather ingenious, if I do say so myself. Simply insert this pin, wind the spring thrice, and then set it down somewhere, remove the pin and hope for the best. Make sure the pin is in when you wind the contraption, or it could get a wee bit bloody.”

“And what about these other ones?” Jonathan asked, reaching for one sitting on the far corner of the professor’s table.

“Look out!” Juniper shoved Jonathan away from the table.

“What was that for?”

“That’s the most dangerous one of the bunch! It’s no wonder your parents let you come with me-imagine you near a wood stove!” The professor sighed and turned away. “That one is better demonstrated outdoors. If you give me your word that you will not touch ANYTHING without my permission, I promise to demonstrate that trap to you before you return home today.”

“I swear I won’t touch any more of your dangerous contraptions.”

“Right, then...Ah, this one. You must trigger this one yourself-yank the rope, and the nets will fold in on themselves, trapping any pokemon unfortunate to find itself inside.”

“Excuse me, Professor...but how do we keep the pokemon after we capture them?” Connor asked.

“Oh, it’s simple. You’ll have to fashion a crude collar of some sorts at the beginning. Eventually, the pokemon will realize that you are an excellent source of food and water, and follow you willingly. In theory.”

“In theory?” the trio asked.

“Well....I haven’t actually attempted to capture a pokemon yet. That’s the reason you’re going on this journey around Unova, isn’t it?”

“WHAT?” Jonathan exclaimed. “Were you ever planning to tell us of your lack of experience?”

Sarah chimed in as well. “Yes, it does seem a little...odd that we’ll be traipsing all over Unova doing your work for you.”

“You three have an opportunity to change everything we know of the world around us, and you’re wasting time on who’s traveling Unova? Age has caught up to me, I fear, and I think that in this particular endeavor my skills would be better suited archiving your results and developing better traps and tools for you to use in fieldwork.” The professor gingerly picked up the trap that he had ordered Jonathan away from, and headed for the door. “Now, I think it best for us to go our separate ways for today. I will give you each a set of traps to capture a pokemon to start with before you set off.”

“Wait, sir....you promised to show us the last trap!”

“Come outdoors with me, and I will demonstrate it.”

Outside, the Professor set down the trap in a clear patch of ground, and poured in a mixture of fine musket powder and balls.

“It took me a long while to engineer this trap-the last time I saw one in effect was in the Revolution when I was a drummer boy. Blew my father to bits, right in front of my eyes.”

“Arceus!” Sarah gasped. “I’m so sorry, Professor!”

“My father was much like your father, Sarah-a drinker, adulterer, and scoundrel. I doubt a man out there missed him.” Juniper grabbed a stick from his firewood pile and knelt down around a corner from the trap.

“What are you doing?”

“I would advise you to cover your ears and avert your eyes. Wouldn’t want any of you to become half blind!”

The four of them huddled behind the wall of Juniper’s house. Juniper slapped the top of the trap with the stick, and an earsplitting bang filled the air.

“Arceus....” the three said in awe. The trap had vanished, replaced by a patch of scorched earth. Several pellets had buried themselves in the walls of Juniper’s house, but he didn’t seem to mind.

“When a wild pokemon steps on this...it presses the primer from a musket against the powder, igniting it. Obviously, there won’t be much left of any pokemon you use this on-so only use it against pokemon like Beartic, who will run straight through your bullets to maul you to death.”

“I think it would be best if you kept that one, Professor.” Connor said. “Wouldn’t want Jonathan putting the bloody thing together wrong and blowing off his fingers.”

“Yes, I do think that would be the best course of action.” Juniper handed a bag to each of them. “Set them out and check them daily. When you catch a pokemon, bring them to me so we can have one more talk before you set out.”
“Sarah, if you give me your traps, I shall place them for you. You need not venture into the woods alone.” Connor said, chivalrous as always.

“Oh, that would be perfect, Connor. Thank you.”

The three all set out for home on their own. Connor and Jonathan cut through the woods, placing their traps.

Their journey would have to wait just a few more days...

Feel free to tell me what to think-I'm new to third person, and I've never wrote something meant to take place in a different time period then...right now.

Also, updates for White will always be posted to the OP of the challange as well as in the thread (link is in the Compendium in my signature), so if you fall behind or become interested later, you can always go back and read through everything.

Blazikenrage, take Cutie the Ponyta.

Cutie must be female, of course. Teach it Attract as soon as you catch it. Cutie loves charming men, so whenever she is in battle against a male Pokemon, she must first use Attract on it. After that, she may attack.

Solo half of the trainers in Giovanni's Gym to evolve. With her unparalleled charm, Cutie feels confident enough to take on the Pokemon League. She must solo 5 male trainers in Victory Road OR solo a male Elite Four member. Should she fail to reach either of those goals, she may not be used against the Champion.

Have fun!

Addiethunder I said in my post that I didn't want a starter for this play through(to make it a little more difficult). I would appreciate it though if a pokemon of choice would join me on my adventure. Thanks!

@Blazikenrage

You get Odd the Oddish. Odd is a extremely happy Oddish trying to brighten everyone's day, including enemies! Odd loves to dance and wants to prove itself to you! To do this, it wants to solo Guile Surge's gym. Odd must learn sweet scent and keep it till it evolves. When it evolves however, things go from bad to worse. Odd turns emo and dislikes you as it's trainer. It will then automatically switch out whenever it is facing a pokemon of a lower level. In this state, Odd will only follow you when facing Erika as all of her pokemon look more beautiful. After that, Odd can finally evolve into Vileplume. Odd is finally happy with you and wants to dance and fight at it's best! So teach it Sunny Day, Solarbeam and Petal Dance. It must use Petal Dance as a finishing move and it must solo Giovanni's other pokemon, who Cutie didn't solo.

So to recap:
- Odd the Oddish
- Must know Sweet Scent forever.
- Must solo Guile Surge's Gym to evolve
- As a Gloom, it must automatically be switched out whenever it faces a pokemon of a lower level.
- To evolve again, it must solo Erika.
- As Vileplume, it's final moveset must be Sweet Scent, Sunny Day, Solarbeam and Petal Dance. Petal Dance must be used as a finisher.
- It must solo Giovanni's other pokemon that Cutie didn't solo.

Chapter 5 of my Scramble is below. I tackled Team Rocket for the first time along with challenging the Azalea Town Gym. I may have a rant about the choice of Pokemon that Bugsy has.

I visited an old guy named Kurt since I couldn’t go to the Azalea Town Gym because there was another Team Rocket grunt. This guy was telling me that Team Rocket had been cutting off Slowpoke Tails and selling them like that one guy I met on Route 32 for 1 million dollars. Since Slowpoke can somehow regenerate their tails, they have an unlimited supply. The old man rushed out of the house and headed to the well. Since if getting rid of Team Rocket from the well will remove the grunt in front of the gym, I decided to head down there as well.

I quickly reached the well and descended down to it. I encountered the old man who managed to hurt himself like most old men do. He told me that I should take over for his sake but whatever, it’s better that I wasn’t interrupted by an old man whose back could go out at any moment. I went further into the well and encountered members of Team Rocket who try to stop me with their Pokemon but Joey was the only Pokemon I needed to take care of Team Rocket. I also noticed that Joey didn’t seem as excited after beating the 20th Rattata. I guess it’s satisfied with beating up mere Rattata. After clearing out the grunts, I encountered their boss, Proton. Before I could select a Pokemon, Batman immediately emerged from its Pokeball and seems determined to fight Proton’s Pokemon. It must somehow has a hero complex or read too many Batman comic books or something like that but it defeated both Proton’s Pokemon. Like every other boss, they run away to live another day but Team Rocket was no longer blocking the entrance to the Azalea Town Gym. I went back to old man Kurt’s house and rewarded with free crafting of specialty Pokeballs from the various Apricorns I been getting from various trees. Looks like that Apricorn box was very useful after all.

Before tackling the gym, I did some more training with the team and still annoyed with Stubborn being unable to do anything besides splashing but Quote evolved into a Quilava. After the training montage, I was ready to tackle the Azalea Town Gym and earn my second badge. At first it looks like a normal gym but once past the first room, it looked something Spider-Man would built if he was extremely rich, bored, and lost all interested in women. For some reason, Batman really wanted to fight the trainers in the gym and easily defeated them except one of them was a double battle where it team up with Depressed. It was time to use Quilava’s new found power on the gym leader, Bugsy. Man I feel sorry for the guy who named himself after the mediocre squirrel mascot of the same name which its 3D jump was super terrible and kill the franchise forever. Also the name nets him being unable to pick up chicks because no chicks like bugs. He started out with strong with using Scyther but it folded after two Ember attacks and then for some reason, his other two Pokemon were Metapod and Kakuna. What kind of Gym leader are you that has a Metapod and Kakuna as the Pokemon you fight challengers with? You should have Butterfree and Beedrill as your Pokemon not Metapod and Kakuna. Evolve those guys ASAP. Regardless, I won the Hive Badge and able to use Cut outside of battle.

Quote the Level 17 Gentle Male Quilava - Jiimera0
Current BP Limit: 115 (+20 from soloing Bugsy)

Opinion: Quote evolved into Quilava at level 14 and took on Bugsy by itself. But once again, it managed to tie with Batman at second place in terms of levels. Its movepool is rather limited but I don't want to put Rock Smash on it just yet though. Flame Wheel is coming up in three levels and gives it a bit more powerful move at 90 BP. The quota hasn't really hampered me that much.

Current Moves:
Quick Attack (40 BP)
Leer
Smokescreen
Ember (60 BP)

Joey the Level 18 Rash Male Rattatta - Recec
Ability: Guts
Rattatas solo: 20/20

Opinion: Joey is still on top of the party in terms of levels and finished its Rattata solo requirement with dealing with one of the Rattata's from Team Rocket. It can evolve into Raticate in two levels now since it completed its evolution requirement.

Current Moves:
Rock Smash
Bite
Quick Attack
Hyper Fang

Batman the Level 17 Mild Male Zubat - Present
Ability: Inner Focus

Opinion: It took on Proton by itself and now can use one non-human move. Now I can use a STAB move (Wing Attack) since I can use a non human move. It also completed its evolution requirement into Golbat by soloing every trainer in Bugsy's Gym except for Bugsy himself. At some point, he will need to solo a gym leader as Golbat in order to evolve again as Crobat.

Current Moves:
Leech Life
Wing Attack (usable due to soloing Proton)
Astonish
Bite

Depressed the Level 15 Male Lax Dunsparce - inanimate_blob
Ability: Serene Grace

Opinion: i did some grinding with Depressed so it can stay with the other party members but didn't do much besides that.

Current Moves:
Rage
Rock Tomb
Roost
Rock Smash

Stubborn the Level 13 Brave Female Magikarp - King Serperior
Ability: Swift Swim

Opinion: I'm going to have to do some serious grinding with Stubborn since the rival battle is coming and a chance to complete Stubborn's evolution requirement. So it needs to learn Tackle.

Current Moves:
Splash

Next time will be dealing with Soul and the trek to the third gym along with getting the last member of the party.

@Pheonix512
Well Quote isn't designed to be hard... if you're careful with him. Once stuff starts getting more difficult later on you're liable to find yourself in situations where you either have to pass up using him when he might be useful, or risk losing BP. Quote is an exercise in risk management, and as the level of risk rises you can expect the level of difficulty to rise as well!

Oh, and I recommend you proofread your updates before you post them. It'd let you catch sentences like "Man I feel sorry for the guy who named himself after the mediocre squirrel mascot of the same name which its 3D jump was super terrible and kill the franchise forever." before you post them :P

Oh, and as for my OWN challenge, I'm still going to put it out I've just been... delaying. I'm not exactly sure where to end off this chapter though, I definitely can't make it all the way to Flannery in one video, and the Maxie fight is too close to the Flannery fight to split the episode off there. I'm afraid this episode might not have a proper climax :(

Yeah I kinda realize that Quote isn't the hardest part of the Scramble so far it's the level juggling of the party so that two members who need to be at a certain place of the party is the most difficult part of the Scramble so far. When I get this Scramble done, all future Scrambles will have a condition that doesn't require me to have members need to be higher than other members of the party or maybe one member but two is driving me nuts.

Yeah I kinda realize that Quote isn't the hardest part of the Scramble so far it's the level juggling of the party so that two members who need to be at a certain place of the party is the most difficult part of the Scramble so far. When I get this Scramble done, all future Scrambles will have a condition that doesn't require me to have members need to be higher than other members of the party or maybe one member but two is driving me nuts.
Yeah most experienced scramblers include a "no level restriction" rule specifically to avoid annoyances like that XD. I don't think either Present or Recec would have given out challenges that included such restrictions were they a little more experienced in it :P (though I think Present might have known but was just feeling lazy :P).

Guess who's back?

Game: Black
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Starter must be Oshawott
Must involve a pokemon that can fly.
Theme: Chess. Must be named after pieces.

1. King:
JimeraI give you King the Pansear. King devotes his live to delivering delicious burgers, fries and other quick and delicious meals right to his victims customers. He prepares his meals by flame broiling, then doing a taste test, to make sure its just right. After that, he garnishes the food with whatever is nearest the finest ingredients available. He then serves the meal to the lovely customer by any means necessary. Any. Means. Necessary. If he fails to deliver the meal as ordered, he is required to refund the customer the value of the meal, or provide a replacement. He dreams of serving customers all over the world and in all stations in life!

(so what this actually means)
-Pansear named King
-Must use moves in the following order against trainers: 1. Fire type move 2. Lick, Bite or Crunch 3. Fling (you can use antidotes as ammo if need be) 4. finish off the opponent with any combination of moves. King cannot switch out until it successfully completes the order.
-Moves required for this order must be obtained ASAP (do not evolve until Fling is learned). You do not need to do the order until you get a fire type move, but after that complete orders without step 3 until you can get fling.
-Must complete the order against at least one Pokemon trainer of each type (IE Cooltrainer, backpacker, Fisherman), including Gym Leader, Elite Four and Champion. I suggest you do it against the first one you encounter whenever possible, to avoid missing out on any (keep a list of the trainer classes you've completed if you want).
-Failure to complete an order properly against at least one Pokemon in a trainer battle means you have to "refund the customer", meaning you have to throw out items with a combined buying value equal to or greater to 4x the amount of money you win from battling them. Items that cannot be bought only sold (IE pearls and nuggets) are valued according to their selling value at a pokemart.
-Note that King does not HAVE to be sent out in a trainer battle, but if he is the restrictions all apply.
-Also note that after an order is completed, King is free to use whatever moves he wants for the rest of the battle and is allowed to switch out.
-ALSO note that King does not have to serve the first Pokemon he fights, but if he does not serve at least one Pokemon before the battle is done the penalty must be paid.
-Yes, King is serving people their own Pokemon. SOYLENT GREEN BURGER KING IS PEOPLE!

2. Queen:
Present Take Queen the Female Oshawott (I know you might have to soft reset, but you still need your starter and, well, queen seems to be fitted for your starter. Just like in Chess, the Queen is the "most important" piece, because it is capable of so much. However, play too reckless with her and you will lose her. In the First phase of the game, she hides away, waiting for an oppurtune moment to strike. As such, Queen prefers to stay out of dangerous fights, so it will never fight pokemon of a type she is weak too, unless you have no other choice. In the first part of the challenge, Queen may never lead your party, and be only send out when all your other party members have already been send out in a battle. She will however overcome her staleness in double or triple battles, which she must always battle alongside King. To enter the midgame, the Queen has to defeat an essential piece, the other Queen. By doing so, Queen will overcome her weaknesses of electric and grass types, and does not want to battle any pokemon of a type she is strong against, unless it is a double or triple battle. The midgame is entered after soloing Gueen Elisa of the electric gym. The sheer presence of the Queen in the midgame decides a lot, so Queen must be true to her name. To show her mightyness, Queen wants to solo some routes: one horizontal route, one vertical route and one diagonal route (see the townmap), after having solo'd Elisa (no solo'ing first routes, eh). She has to lead your party on these routes at all times. Whenever she faints during these challenges, you have lost your most valuable piece. You must lose the battle in shame and throw out at least 10% worth of all items in your bag. Complete Pawn's restriction of surviving 5 attacks of the other team members type as the hypothesis that it moved to the back of the board and got replaced by a Queen. Now you may continue to solo said routes with Queen, as she has been revived. After the eigth gym, the endgame is entered. When the Queen is still alive in this stage of the game, she can play more recklessly, pursuing the opponent. She only wants to fight pokemon she is weak against, to show her true strength(so electric and grass types, but also pokemon you can only hit not-very effectively with your stab: dragon, water). But, as you enter the final moves of your game, at the pokemon league, she wants to show her worth. Queen has to solo all elite four members not yet solo'd, Queen must solo 3 pokemon of those teams. What does this simbolize? The Queen on her own can never win the game, another chess piece is needed for that. As such, Queen cannot solo the elite four members completely, but needs help of another team member (hence only solo'ing 3/4th of their teams).

3. Bishop:
celeverAnyway, I kind of don't want to give you a pawniard or bisharp for chess pieces, someone will, but oh well. For now though, you get Bishop the Pidove (just give you a pretty good fly slave). Now Bishop hates methodical work, going diagonally everywhere suits him, as it looks more frantic than straight lines. This means that if one of his attacks has a relation to type on a dual-typed pokemon, and the same relation to the other type, then he must switch out. In double or triple battles, Bishop must "take" the opponent's "chess piece (pokemon)" by using sky drop (learn it A.S.A.P) on the opponent opposite in double battles or the far corner to the other in triples. Also, Bishop, the frantic bird that he is, loves Grmisley and the way he cheats for Bishop's favor sometimes! To repay the favor, however Grimsley, the big chess fan he is, has been looking for recruits, and your Bishop wants to be on his team! However, to do this, he must take out Grimsley's Bisharp, to show that Bishop is the better Bishop! He would also like his friend, Knight (don't worry, it doesn't effect Knight's challange in any way) to be the player for the team, and not the over-confident Scrafty (Scrafty has moxie).

4. Knight:
Phoenix512
Here's Knight the Karrablast/Escavalier. Knight like the chess piece moves in a L like pattern. So when it uses its moves it must execute them in a L like pattern. So for example, if your first move takes up the upper left spot, you must either use the upper right or lower left as your next move and then finish it at the lower right spot to complete the L like pattern. If you defeat the enemy before finishing the L, you must complete the L in the next fight before being able to select any attack you want. You aren't allow to alter the move order until you complete the L either.

To complete its squire training and become a full knight, it must solo one of Skyla's Pokemon as a way of facing its fear of flying types. When it becomes Escavalier, if one of party members goes into the red, it must be switched in (during a solo req, it must be still switched in but it can tank hits while you heal the member in question) like a true knight.

I know the evolve requirements of Escavalier needs a trade with Shelmet. So if you can't trade, there's no way to get a Escavalier in game except for trading.

5. Rook:
Its A RandomYou get Rook the Tirtouga.

Rook is a Tirtouga that aspires to act exactly like a rook. So, it must know & keep Aqua Jet, as it allows Rook to thrust forward, like a Rook. It also must know & keep Wide Guard, to reflect the fact that it can thrust itself from side to side to protect its allies. Finally, it must know & keep Shell Smash, to reflect the fact that the King can castle with Rook, bringing Rook into play. In a Doubles+ Match, Rook may only attack the Pokémon that is directly in front, unless that target has fainted, & has no replacement. Finally, Rook must prove to you its offensive prowess, so have it solo an E4 Member of your choice.
If Pawn becomes Rook, then replace Aqua Jet, Wide Guard, & Shell Smash on Amoongus, with Faint Attack, Rage Powder, & Ingrain respectively.

6. Pawn:
NaixPiemonade, take Pawn the Foongus. Pawn, much like the chess piece it's named after, isn't very mobile, so Pawn can only lead your party for 20 steps at a time. Once those 20 steps are up, Pawn must be moved to the back of the party for 100 steps. The way pawns in chess attack is diagonally, so whenever Pawn is in a double or triple battle, it may never attack the Pokemon in front of it unless said Pokemon is the last Pokemon on the opponent's team. The poor attack range of pawns in chess also means Pawn can't use any special attacks. In chess, if a pawn manages to reach the end of the board, it has the option of being promoted to the rank of rook, bishop, knight, or queen. Of course, since there's no "end of the board" in Pokemon games (with the exception of the Pokemon League), Pawn will instead prove its worthiness by surviving at least 5 hits from each of Queen's, Bishop's, Knight's, and Rook's typings to evolve (For example, if its teammates barring King were Petilil, Golett, Axew, and Sigilyph, Pawn would need to withstand 5 Grass, Ground, Ghost, Dragon, Flying, and Psychic-type attacks. In the case of Pokemon whose typings change upon evolution, go with the final form in terms of typing.). Once this is done, Pawn's restrictions are null and replaced by those of either Queen, Bishop, Knight, or Rook (with obvious exceptions being restrictions along the lines of "must solo Drayden".)

Piemonade, take Pawn the Foongus. Pawn, much like the chess piece it's named after, isn't very mobile, so Pawn can only lead your party for 20 steps at a time. Once those 20 steps are up, Pawn must be moved to the back of the party for 100 steps. The way pawns in chess attack is diagonally, so whenever Pawn is in a double or triple battle, it may never attack the Pokemon in front of it unless said Pokemon is the last Pokemon on the opponent's team. The poor attack range of pawns in chess also means Pawn can't use any special attacks. In chess, if a pawn manages to reach the end of the board, it has the option of being promoted to the rank of rook, bishop, knight, or queen. Of course, since there's no "end of the board" in Pokemon games (with the exception of the Pokemon League), Pawn will instead prove its worthiness by surviving at least 5 hits from each of Queen's, Bishop's, Knight's, and Rook's typings to evolve (For example, if its teammates barring King were Petilil, Golett, Axew, and Sigilyph, Pawn would need to withstand 5 Grass, Ground, Ghost, Dragon, Flying, and Psychic-type attacks. In the case of Pokemon whose typings change upon evolution, go with the final form in terms of typing.). Once this is done, Pawn's restrictions are null and replaced by those of either Queen, Bishop, Knight, or Rook (with obvious exceptions being restrictions along the lines of "must solo Drayden".)

Have fun! For reference, restrictions are in bold, and notes are in italics.

Hold on a sec. Gotta change the species. Done! Pawn is now a Foongus! Sorry about the last minute change!

@Piemonade

hey, wb been a while!

I give you King the Pansear. King devotes his live to delivering delicious burgers, fries and other quick and delicious meals right to his victims customers. He prepares his meals by flame broiling, then doing a taste test, to make sure its just right. After that, he garnishes the food with whatever is nearest the finest ingredients available. He then serves the meal to the lovely customer by any means necessary. Any. Means. Necessary. If he fails to deliver the meal as ordered, he is required to refund the customer the value of the meal, or provide a replacement. He dreams of serving customers all over the world and in all stations in life!

(so what this actually means)
-Pansear named King
-Must use moves in the following order against trainers: 1. Fire type move 2. Lick, Bite or Crunch 3. Fling (you can use antidotes as ammo if need be) 4. finish off the opponent with any combination of moves. King cannot switch out until it successfully completes the order.
-Moves required for this order must be obtained ASAP (do not evolve until Fling is learned). You do not need to do the order until you get a fire type move, but after that complete orders without step 3 until you can get fling.
-Must complete the order against at least one Pokemon trainer of each type (IE Cooltrainer, backpacker, Fisherman), including Gym Leader, Elite Four and Champion. I suggest you do it against the first one you encounter whenever possible, to avoid missing out on any (keep a list of the trainer classes you've completed if you want).
-Failure to complete an order properly against at least one Pokemon in a trainer battle means you have to "refund the customer", meaning you have to throw out items with a combined buying value equal to or greater to 4x the amount of money you win from battling them. Items that cannot be bought only sold (IE pearls and nuggets) are valued according to their selling value at a pokemart.
-Note that King does not HAVE to be sent out in a trainer battle, but if he is the restrictions all apply.
-Also note that after an order is completed, King is free to use whatever moves he wants for the rest of the battle and is allowed to switch out.
-ALSO note that King does not have to serve the first Pokemon he fights, but if he does not serve at least one Pokemon before the battle is done the penalty must be paid.
-Yes, King is serving people their own Pokemon. SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE BURGER KING IS POKEMON!

Enjoy!

EDIT: Note I tweaked a couple restrictions, make sure the version of the challenge you're using is the most current one!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Guess who's back?

I don't know

Game: Black
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Starter must be Oshawott
Must involve a pokemon that can fly.
Theme: Chess. Must be named after pieces.

1. King:
2. Queen:
3. Bishop:
4. Knight:
5. Rook:
6. Pawn:

Anyway, I kind of don't want to give you a pawniard or bisharp for chess pieces, someone will, but oh well. For now though, you get Bishop the Pidove (just give you a pretty good fly slave). Now Bishop hates methodical work, going diagonally everywhere suits him, as it looks more frantic than straight lines. This means that if one of his attacks has a relation to type on a dual-typed pokemon, and the same relation to the other type, then he must switch out. In double or triple battles, Bishop must "take" the opponent's "chess piece (pokemon)" by using sky drop (learn it A.S.A.P) on the opponent opposite in double battles or the far corner to the other in triples. Also, Bishop, the frantic bird that he is, loves Grmisley and the way he cheats for Bishop's favor sometimes! To repay the favor, however Grimsley, the big chess fan he is, has been looking for recruits, and your Bishop wants to be on his team! However, to do this, he must take out Grimsley's Bisharp, to show that Bishop is the better Bishop! He would also like his friend, Knight (don't worry, it doesn't effect Knight's challange in any way) to be the player for the team, and not the over-confident Scrafty (Scrafty has moxie).

Anyway, enjoy!

Naix took the initiative and changed his Pokemon to a Foongus, so we're OK. Good of him too since his Pokemon's restrictions aren't species specific while mine is XD I'd have to completely remake my challenge I'll be damned if it isn't a good one.

Speaking of good challenges, Naix's is really good too. So good I've added it as my first Nomination worthy Scramblemon!

Don't you guys forget about keeping a link dump for your favorite challenges too! We can't let the next scramble awards fizzle!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
@ Piemonade: You get Rook the Tirtouga.

Rook is a Tirtouga that aspires to act exactly like a rook. So, it must know & keep Aqua Jet, as it allows Rook to thrust forward, like a Rook. It also must know & keep Wide Guard, to reflect the fact that it can thrust itself from side to side to protect its allies. Finally, it must know & keep Shell Smash, to reflect the fact that the King can castle with Rook, bringing Rook into play. In a Doubles+ Match, Rook may only attack the Pokémon that is directly in front, unless that target has fainted, & has no replacement. Finally, Rook must prove to you its offensive prowess, so have it solo an E4 Member of your choice.

If Pawn becomes Rook, then replace Aqua Jet, Wide Guard, & Shell Smash on Amoongus, with Faint Attack, Rage Powder, & Ingrain respectively.

Have Fun.

Also, I have beaten my scramble, but I just have not got around to writing the update yet... I might do it eventually... -.-'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)