Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

While I have no problems with the challenge, I was looking for pokemon for a solo run, and asked that whatever one pokemon I took was available ingame before the first gym. Since I can't get a Makuhita until after the first gym, it won't work for me, sorry.
nah, that's ok i shuld have read your rules more carefully

Just to update i am too eager to start my scramble so i'll recycle an old challenge in this thread to complete my set, so no more challenges please.

IF YOU HAVE NOT FOUGHT YOUR MATCH YET FOR SSPL1, PLEASE DO SO!

On that note, I'd like to see if we can get a sub for rlyn99, as he hasn't been on Smogon since the 18th. Tell me if you're interested.

I'll sub for rlyn99. Played in SPL5 and had a good time.

Also, doing a STABless, solo-less Black 2 scramble in the month before the English release.

Restrictions:
-Team of 3 Pokémon
-One is a starter, the second must be caught before Roxie, the third must be caught before Burgh
-All must be able to and allowed to evolve at least once
-Final evolution must be obtainable by some method
-No forced solos (solos to evolve into third stage are fine)
-No type can be duplicated
-No STAB (!!!)
-No Normal types due to the no STAB rule

I can't trade, BTW. This means no trade evolutions.

BW, please take this lovely Growlith. You cannot evolve until Lv 35. Name Growlith Speaker and make sure that it knows Roar. Use it when first when its HP becomes red. May not use other mouth-based attacks.

Good Luck :D

BW, take Inferior the Snivy.
Snivy feels inferior to his companion Snivy because he cannot use STAB, so he may never level up when he is at a higher level than another pokemon on your team. If you fail, he loses a moveslot for each level gained. He must defeat a gym leader's main pokemon with no items or damaging moves from other pokemon. Once done, he may evolve into Serperior, losing his previous restriction. Rename him Greatest: now he must lead your party at all times, and must never faint against a lower-levelled pokemon. If you do so, you lose a move slot. The only way to regain a moveslot is to solo a trainer who owns at least 1 pokemon at a higher level than Greatest.

BW

Take Howmanyswipes? the Purrlion, it must learn fury swipes asap and be taught cut asap, it must use fury swipes to start every battle. If fury swipes hits 2 or 4 times use Cut if 3 or 5 times use Sand Attack, then use fury swipes agian and continue the cycle, if fury swipes misses just use fury swipes again. At level 19 Purrlion will learn torment allow this to happen and now every time fury swipes misses you must use torment, after this Purrloin can evolve.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
In an effort to have more completed/ongoing Scrambles than abandoned ones, I'm starting a Scramble of BW OU.
Give me 6 Pokemon, I'll get on PS! (under an alt of course) and ladder with it.
Idea shamelessly stolen from EndQuote

Take a Volcarona and name her Firefly.
Her only restriction is that nowhere on your team can you have the move Rapid Spin.
Good luck!
Take Frosty the Kyreum. You must use a Hail set with Blizzard and Roost. Cannot use Draco Meteor.
Level 51, I will give you a challenge, pertaining to that Hail, if you're willing to accept. Your team must include an Abomasnow named Yeti that cannot use Wood Hammer.

Level 51, use a Breloom nicknamed Lepidella. It can never use physical moves.

Level 51, take Grumpy the Grumpig. Grumpy can never use the same move twice, as he/she is very grumpy and can't focus on one thing.

As requested on IRC...
Level 51 gets Obscure the Reuniclus.
Obscure may not use any moves mentioned in the on-site OU Analysis Movesets: "Offensive Trick Room", "Calm Mind", & "Trick".
This means Obscure may not use Trick Room, Psychic, Psyshock, Focus Blast, Shadow Ball, Calm Mind, Recover, & Trick.
Have fun.

It's alright, I shamelessly stole the idea from...somebody...

Take a Volcarona and name her Firefly.
Her only restriction is that nowhere on your team can you have the move Rapid Spin.

Good luck!

In an effort to have more completed/ongoing Scrambles than abandoned ones, I'm starting a Scramble of BW OU.
Give me 6 Pokemon, I'll get on PS! (under an alt of course) and ladder with it.
Idea shamelessly stolen from EndQuote
Take Frosty the Kyreum. You must use a Hail set with Blizzard and Roost. Cannot use Draco Meteor.

Level 51, I will give you a challenge, pertaining to that Hail, if you're willing to accept. Your team must include an Abomasnow named Yeti that cannot use Wood Hammer.

E: Zap, make sure the Kanto starters are traded in as soon as you beat Cilan, Chili, or Cress. I'll give you one of those, Koopa the Squirtle. Koopa's usable moves are limited to the following: Tackle (and other Normal attacks that behave similarly, such as Skull Bash) and Withdraw [the way Koopa shells act in Mario Bros]; Water Gun (and later Surf or Hydro Pump), and Blizzard [closest I could think of to flying like a Paratroopa]. It must never forget Withdraw. May not be used against Elesa due to the fact that it could get fried by lightning, but must solo at least one of the remaining six Gym Leaders and at least two Pokémon belonging to the Elite Four. Good Luck!

Koopa's usable moves are limited to the following: Tackle (and other Normal attacks that behave similarly, such as Skull Bash) and Withdraw [the way Koopa shells act in Mario Bros]; Water Gun (and later Surf or Hydro Pump), and Blizzard [closest I could think of to flying like a Paratroopa]. It must never forget Withdraw. May not be used against Elesa due to the fact that it could get fried by lightning, but must solo at least one of the remaining six Gym Leaders and at least two Pokémon belonging to the Elite Four. Good Luck!

Thanks. I was planning on trading the eggs over when I reach the first town and then focus on hatching them.
Puff can only use special-based moves, since he is magical (he can know fly, but only use it out of battle). He can evolve normally, but must be a Charizard and solo Iris, to prove that he's the most magical dragon. He must also solo the one last magic dragon, Ghetsis's Hydreigon. Good luck!

Thanks. Looks interesting. I might rage against Ghetsis's Hydreigon.

MysticZap, take Puff (the magic dragon, get it?) the Charmander. Puff can only use special-based moves, since he is magical (he can know fly, but only use it out of battle). He can evolve normally, but must be a Charizard and solo Iris, to prove that he's the most magical dragon. He must also solo the one last magic dragon, Ghetsis's Hydreigon. Good luck!

Alright! This looks like a lot of fun! I want to try a medium-hard run on the scramble challenge. (Emerald). I am not able to trade. Please dont make me name my pokemon anything offensive or idiotic, or i may ignore your suggestion completely. Also, nothing that involves exessive counting like "beat 30 wurmple to evolve. Lets do this!

Meepsterplex, take a Treecko and name him Alder.

This Treecko doesn't much care for his typing, but after a long talk, you convince him he needs to use the Grass-type to succeed.
He can only use Grass-type attacks if that move has full PP, or if Overgrow is active.

He must solo Roxanne. He can evolve to Grovyle after this solo.

He must solo Juan. He can evolve to Sceptile after this solo.

He must solo at least two pokemon in the Elite Four.

Good luck!
Never used a treeko before, this should be fun!

Take Idiotic the ___
Idiotic is random, so it must have some random habits. Before opening the below hide, pick green, blue, red or yellow.
Green-can't attack pokemon at yellow health
Red-can't be healed in pokemon centers
Blue-must solo 1 gym leader, never switch out of pokemon with full health
Yellow-must not evolve until 20 levels after you get it

Idiodic must never carry a hold item
I need to assume 2 things here/ First, you were talking to me. Second, I can choose any pokemon I want to be Idiotic? I chose green, and if this is correct, I will be taking Idiotic the marill.

Meepsterflex, take Lonely the Slakoth. Lonely is one of the only Slakoths in Petalburg Woods. He has been made fun of by all the other pokemon. He is afraid of being made fun of, so must show that hes very powerful. He must solo brawly to evolve to Vigoroth. He is starting to gain some confidence. He can never switch out against a fighting type, and must solo all Brelooms, since Shroomishs made fun of him. He must solo Norman to evolve to Slaking, and then can never switch out period. Other than that, he has to solo Archie once AND Maxie once and must solo one E4 member. Good luck!
Ooh yay. This one looks fun. Have to grind to level 27 to avoid getting ohkoed by meditite...

Meepsterflex, take a Lotad called Paparazzo from route 102, Paparazzo has grown up near the barely populated and culturally depleted Oldale Town, he feels like he is destined for greater things and that oldale town is suppressing his artistic talents. So it decides to display himself in tall grass so a trainer can catch it and take it to new places. This when you two cross paths and you catch Paparazzo, the two of you travel together to Rustboro and then to Dewford Town. Here Paparazzo learns at the Dewford Hall that the most trendiest thing in all of Hoenn is Gym Leaders, the E4, the champion and their pokemon. Paparazzo really wants to be trendy so he insists you teach him flash which you must comply with. This is because paparazzo wants to take a photo of every gym leaders, E4s and champions pokemon from now on to impress the trendy people of Dewford Town, to take a photo Paparazzo must simply use flash on every pokemon that belongs to a gym leader, e4 member and the champion. These photos must be from battles where the challenger wins, so you can't take photos of all the pokemon then lose and re-challenge. Once you have done this Paparazzo must show off his photos to the people of Dewford and tell the boy out the front of Dewford Hall that the new catchy phrase is HOT LOTAD. This will prove Paparazzo is the best celebrity photographer going around and make him very famous. Unfortunately this only makes him more hungry fro fame, he learns that changing the Dewfor Trendy phase changes the fishing spots you can find Feebas in so he enforces you to catch a Feebas that will be in the HOT LOTAD spots, once he shows the Feebas to the people of Dewford Hall he becomes the most trendiest organism in Hoenn.
Oh gawd feebas. The picture taking interferes with the solos, so imma skip a few photoshoots, sorry.

Also, Meepsterplex:

Since Yarnus has gone ahead and named your Pokemon something Idiotic, I thought I'd do one for Offensive.

Take Offensive the ____.
It must be caught before you battle Brawly.
Offensive is... offensive. The other Pokemon on your team are sick of its constant abuse, and hate it when you show any kindness at all to it. So, every time you send it into battle, heal it (items or Pokemon Center) or use an item on it, they crawl into your bag and toss out P200 worth of goods. However, if it faints at any time, they will ignore the next "good thing" you do for it.

It still wants to fight, though! Make it solo any one Gym Leader OR any 10 Gym Trainers of your choice.

GL;HF!

P.S. btw Espeon65 and Lorenzo, read the guy's name first and spell it correctly :P
Shoulda seen that coming... Sounds intresting, actually. Imma make it a shroomish, i think. (grass ftw).

Meepsterplex, welcome to the Trick Room. Don't even try to make sense of this since it is completely incoherent! You must catch Cloudy, the Ralts on Route 102. You may use any items on him except Lava Cookies, Burn Heal, Pecha Berries, or Full Restores. Because cloudy is so fat, you may not teach him any moves that are not Psychic, or Normal type. Once you reach Wattson, have Cloudy solo all but one of his Pokemon to evolve into Kirlia. Because Cloudy is inside of a sandwich shop, it can never learn Calm Mind, but in exchange you may teach it Thief. Once you reach Victory road, Cloudy wants to take revenge on Wally for catching a Ralts, and evolving it into a Gardevoir, while it is still a Kirlia, so you must solo Wally's Altaria, then defeat one wild Hariyama to evolve it into Gardevoir, who must then either solo Glacia's Walrein, Drake's Salamence, or Wallace's Milotic. Have a tricky day!
Late evolution might be painful, but ive got a feeling this will be fun anyway :D.

Thanks: Endquote, Yarnus of Bethany, Espeon65, Lorenzo, Level 51, and Choice Face.

Just noticed why people dont like offensive... He teases lonely! Cause shroomish. And offensive.

Scramble Challenge Progress

Bold solos mean its done.

Alder the Treeko
Can only use STAB moves with full PP or when overgrow is active.
Solos: Roxanne, Juan, 2 E4 pokemon.

Idiotic the Marill
Cannot attack pokemon with yellow health.
Must never fight pokemon who have SE STAB against him.*

Lonely the Slakoth
Cannot switch vs fighting
Solo all breloom
After final evo, no switching
Solos: Brawly-Failed,Flannery, Norman,Archie,Maxie, and 1 E4 member.
(Espeon65, I'm not sure if I love or hate you for this...XD)

Offensive the Shroomish
I loose 200p worth of items any time he goes into combat or is healed.
Solos: 3/10 Gym trainers

Cloudy the Ralts
Psychic/Normal moves only.
Limited item use.
Solos: Wattson, Wally's Altaria, Glacias Walrein.

Paparazo the Lotad
Must take pictures of/use flash on: Wattson's last pokemon, all of brawley's pokemon, all of winnona's pokemon, all of tate's/liza's pokemon, most of the elite four's pokemon.
Catch a feebas..........Crap.

Mysticzap, use Steamroller the bulbasaur. It is only allowed tackle, growth, and synthesis. It is allowed to replace tackle with double edge or takedown as it learns them. Steamroller is not confident in his abilities, so he can only attack after he has used growth twice in a row, and once he attacks the opponent, he is no longer allowed to switch out. Steamroller can only evolve after he uses growth 6 times in a row and performs a 3 pokemon sweep against any trainer. He is allowed a fourth move, but it must be a hm and only used out of combat.

Meepsterplex, take a Treecko and name him Alder.

This Treecko doesn't much care for his typing, but after a long talk, you convince him he needs to use the Grass-type to succeed.
He can only use Grass-type attacks if that move has full PP, or if Overgrow is active.

He must solo Roxanne. He can evolve to Grovyle after this solo.

He must solo Juan. He can evolve to Sceptile after this solo.

He must solo at least two pokemon in the Elite Four.

Good luck!

Take Idiotic the ___
Idiotic is random, so it must have some random habits. Before opening the below hide, pick green, blue, red or yellow.
Green-can't attack pokemon at yellow health
Red-can't be healed in pokemon centers
Blue-must solo 1 gym leader, never switch out of pokemon with full health
Yellow-must not evolve until 20 levels after you get it

Idiodic must never carry a hold item

Watson, if you havent gotten all 6 pokemon yet, then take Repeater, the socialy awkward chatot. He was cast out of the chatot society after losing his metronome. Wanting to fit in with the other pokemon, he copies everything the other pokemon do. Because of this, once he learns Mirror Move, he is only allowed to use mirror move and mimic. If you can recover his prized metronome, he regains his confidence and now can learn Echoed Voice. While he is not holding his metronome, he reverts to only using his mimicry, but if he holds the metronome, he can only use echoed voice. (he can learn fly but isnt allowed to use it in combat.)

Slow day at work..

Koopa's usable moves are limited to the following: Tackle (and other Normal attacks that behave similarly, such as Skull Bash) and Withdraw [the way Koopa shells act in Mario Bros]; Water Gun (and later Surf or Hydro Pump), and Blizzard [closest I could think of to flying like a Paratroopa]. It must never forget Withdraw. May not be used against Elesa due to the fact that it could get fried by lightning, but must solo at least one of the remaining six Gym Leaders and at least two Pokémon belonging to the Elite Four. Good Luck!

Puff can only use special-based moves, since he is magical (he can know fly, but only use it out of battle). He can evolve normally, but must be a Charizard and solo Iris, to prove that he's the most magical dragon. He must also solo the one last magic dragon, Ghetsis's Hydreigon. Good luck!

It is only allowed tackle, growth, and synthesis. It is allowed to replace tackle with double edge or takedown as it learns them. Steamroller is not confident in his abilities, so he can only attack after he has used growth twice in a row, and once he attacks the opponent, he is no longer allowed to switch out. Steamroller can only evolve after he uses growth 6 times in a row and performs a 3 pokemon sweep against any trainer. He is allowed a fourth move, but it must be a hm and only used out of combat.

Meepsterflex, take Lonely the Slakoth. Lonely is one of the only Slakoths in Petalburg Woods. He has been made fun of by all the other pokemon. He is afraid of being made fun of, so must show that hes very powerful. He must solo brawly to evolve to Vigoroth. He is starting to gain some confidence. He can never switch out against a fighting type, and must solo all Brelooms, since Shroomishs made fun of him. He must solo Norman to evolve to Slaking, and then can never switch out period. Other than that, he has to solo Archie once AND Maxie once and must solo one E4 member. Good luck!

Meepsterflex, take a Lotad called Paparazzo from route 102, Paparazzo has grown up near the barely populated and culturally depleted Oldale Town, he feels like he is destined for greater things and that oldale town is suppressing his artistic talents. So it decides to display himself in tall grass so a trainer can catch it and take it to new places. This when you two cross paths and you catch Paparazzo, the two of you travel together to Rustboro and then to Dewford Town. Here Paparazzo learns at the Dewford Hall that the most trendiest thing in all of Hoenn is Gym Leaders, the E4, the champion and their pokemon. Paparazzo really wants to be trendy so he insists you teach him flash which you must comply with. This is because paparazzo wants to take a photo of every gym leaders, E4s and champions pokemon from now on to impress the trendy people of Dewford Town, to take a photo Paparazzo must simply use flash on every pokemon that belongs to a gym leader, e4 member and the champion. These photos must be from battles where the challenger wins, so you can't take photos of all the pokemon then lose and re-challenge. Once you have done this Paparazzo must show off his photos to the people of Dewford and tell the boy out the front of Dewford Hall that the new catchy phrase is HOT LOTAD. This will prove Paparazzo is the best celebrity photographer going around and make him very famous. Unfortunately this only makes him more hungry fro fame, he learns that changing the Dewfor Trendy phase changes the fishing spots you can find Feebas in so he enforces you to catch a Feebas that will be in the HOT LOTAD spots, once he shows the Feebas to the people of Dewford Hall he becomes the most trendiest organism in Hoenn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)