The Soccer thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
that ref was a complete and utter waste of space.
owen hauled down when through on goal, carragher gets booked, evea does 2 fouls and gets booked, lucas does many fouls, and it took macherano god knows how many fouls before he got booked.
still should have started with owen, and not berbatov...

Haaahaha Chelsea in the lead now :D

I predicted Liverpool would win, but they got arsenal next week. :D

Chelsea looks like the best team in the league atm.

I actually watched that :justin2:

When Owen was fowled as he was near the penalty box...that should have been a red. He would've scored. That would've been epic xD

... and yet another goal shower by Benfica, this time a 6-1 vs the 4th.
16 goals in the last 3 matches (including 5 vs Everton), a 3.3 goal average, and a 46-8 goal record in 14 oficial matches... good god. No wait, not god. The coach is Jesus, Jorge Jesus.
Now more than ever, I am afraid that the poor last season and consequent non-qualification for the champions will take it's toll... by not letting us play on it. Oh well.

Despite their hype, Real Madrid are worse now than I can ever remember them being. Without Ronaldo, they lose almost every game it seems, and with him they are hardly world beaters. When will they learn that 11 good individual players doesn't always make a good team?

Despite their hype, Real Madrid are worse now than I can ever remember them being. Without Ronaldo, they lose almost every game it seems, and with him they are hardly world beaters. When will they learn that 11 good individual players doesn't always make a good team?
Personally, i never bought real's crap. And this (partially) proves I was right. I wouldnt count them out of any competition right away, however. Weirder things have happened.

Half the ppl in here will agree if i say
YEAH RIGHT!
What is your problem with Real Madrid?

You're probably one of those people who always say: Real Madrid is destroying football by paying lots of money for players, Real Madrid will never be a good team like Barcelona because their all bought players etc

You're probably one of those people who always say: Real Madrid is destroying football by paying lots of money for players, Real Madrid will never be a good team like Barcelona because their all bought players etc

Yeah pretty much....they need to pretty much develop players....kinda like what Barce did with Messi...they scouted him from Argentina....and then they developed him, and all.

So ya...ummmm whoever reads this whats your favorite club?

I have no problem with Real, nor I support Barça. Being portuguese, why the hell would I support either spanish team? I'm speaking from an informed neutral point of view.
Not making an issue about the monetary issues, it's common practice these days.

I'm just stating the FACT that Real was no able to build a team out of their raw material, and it's very unlikely they will bounce back in this season. Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. Even with Ronaldo (and I'm portuguese lol). At the moment, the chance of them winning the champions is 1/1000, simple truth.

Yeah pretty much....they need to pretty much develop players....kinda like what Barce did with Messi...they scouted him from Argentina....and then they developed him, and all.

So ya...ummmm whoever reads this whats your favorite club?
So Barcelona are now the heros of football because they 'developed' Messi on their own?
I'm sorry but not everybody of Real Madrid is bought. For example: Casillias , Raul and Guti are all from the caterna of Madrid

Favorite club: Manchester United

I have no problem with Real, nor I support Barça. Being portuguese, why the hell would I support either spanish team? I'm speaking from an informed neutral point of view.
Not making an issue about the monetary issues, it's common practice these days.

I'm just stating the FACT that Real was no able to build a team out of their raw material, and it's very unlikely they will bounce back in this season. Not saying it won't happen, but I wouldn't bet on it. Even with Ronaldo (and I'm portuguese lol). At the moment, the chance of them winning the champions is 1/1000, simple truth.
Do you really think that a team that has never played together before will be a team in just a couple of months? These needs time. Not only are there new player, there is a new coach, new system that goes with that.

Chance of them winnnig the Champions League is at the moment just as big as any other team like Barca, Milan or United

Do you really think that a team that has never played together before will be a team in just a couple of months? These needs time. Not only are there new player, there is a new coach, new system that goes with that.
Of course they do. And I would give them the benefict of the doubt, hadn't Florentino announced them like they were the best team ever.

Also, do you think a club of such a high status as Real is, with millions of fans in spain and around the world (they sell RealTV subscriptions to Indonesia, for example) can be allowed to be humilliated because of that?
For the good and for the bad, a team like Real has the obligation to win no matter what. They can't expect benevolence from the associative mass towards any failure. They are only human, true. But they build up a super-human-like hype, and now, like it or not, thye have to live up to it. Or else.

Of course they do. And I would give them the benefict of the doubt, hadn't Florentino announced them like they were the best team ever.

Also, do you think a club of such a high status as Real is, with millions of fans in spain and around the world (they sell RealTV subscriptions to Indonesia, for example) can be allowed to be humilliated because of that?
For the good and for the bad, a team like Real has the obligation to win no matter what. They can't expect benevolence from the associative mass towards any failure. They are only human, true. But they build up a super-human-like hype, and now, like it or not, thye have to live up to it. Or else.
But why the hype and the laughts about the lose? Losing is just human, like you say. Everybody can and will lose once in a while. Has Barcelona or any other team not lose once this season? I don't think so, so why the laughting at this lose? Even the big team can lose

If people want to laught, I would recommend to just point the fingers to Florentino Perez. There is no such thing as 'THE best' team, that cannot not existe.

But why the hype and the laughts about the lose? Losing is just human, like you say. Everybody can and will lose once in a while. Has Barcelona or any other team not lose once this season? I don't think so, so why the laughting at this lose? Even the big team can lose

If people want to laught, I would recommend to just point the fingers to Florentino Perez. There is no such thing as 'THE best' team, that cannot not existe.
Exactly. What I'm pointing out is that if they shouldn't have been promoted as an unbeatable team. But they were. And now they are paying the price.

Exactly. What I'm pointing out is that if they shouldn't have been promoted as an unbeatable team. But they were. And now they are paying the price.
I'm sorry, but can your read? The only one who is and wants Real Madrid to have the best team ever, is Perez. Blame him, not Real Madrid

I'm sorry, but can your read? The only one who is and wants Real Madrid to have the best team ever, is Perez. Blame him, not Real Madrid
You were the one one who didn't read. I said THEY were promoted to that status (by others, Perez, press, their own reputation, etc.), not that THEY were the ones promoting themselves.

the success was not going to happen, you cant just buy all the best players in the world, chuck em together and expect results... you need competition for places, as well as players who work in a team, not 11 players who want to show off.
although i do disagree with the insane mass buying of "instant teams" it takes the work out of football, look at man united, they dont buy world class players en mass, they never did in the 90's most of those were from the youth system, with a few good signings.
real madrid, do not "deserve" anything, if anything the deserve it less, just for the way they are going about it, buying a mass of good players, should not win you anything, hard work, grit,a FEW good purchases and a good groundbase should.
see arsenal, see manchester united, all have great young players, which develop, whether signed at an early age or homegrown, its work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)