The UnderUsed Teambuilding Workshop V2 (VOTING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys it's time to start teambuilding! Teams are due next Sunday
Ok, since the thread will be pretty quiet for the week, I am going to generate some discussion questions to keep these threads going.

- What pokemon partners would be good for each builders core and how it would strengthen their teams?

- What are some mons the builders have to watch out for?

- Will the May drops effect the cores by strengthening or weakening their effectiveness?

Ok, since the thread will be pretty quiet for the week, I am going to generate some discussion questions to keep these threads going.

- What pokemon partners would be good for each builders core and how it would strengthen their teams?

- What are some mons the builders have to watch out for?

- Will the May drops effect the cores by strengthening or weakening their effectiveness?
Well, when I suggested my core there was no one mon that put immediate pressure on both Hydreigon and Chandelure. A match made in heaven! Unfortunately, Mamoswine felt the need to grace UU with his presence. Not only does he have SE moves on both Hydrei and Chandy, but he manages to be immune to TWave, which was a major part of the theory of my core.

Ok sorry for the triple post, but with NV and YABO unable to build for us, the round robin will begin. Teambuilders, find a member from the other pairs and play them in a uu match. Send me the replays through PM. Remember , the winner of the round robin gets an additional vote in the voting stage while judging teams!

Ok, because it appears the other teams have not done their battles, I'm going to go ahead and declare Sacri' and warzoid the winner of week 2! Here are the team for the three competitors!

Description:

The team aims to support a sweep by Mega Sharpedo, which can clean up late game once opposing teams have been weakened by hazards. Cobalion provides Stealth Rock support and an offensive check to Mamoswine, which gives Qwilfish and Mence problems. Shuca Berry allows it to switch in on Mamoswine once if needed. Swords Dance lets it apply pressure to opposing teams that lack hard counters. Porygon2 checks a lot of threats which trouble the core, and further annoys teams and wears them down. It also really appreciates the ability of Qwilfish and Salamence to stop fighting types. Choice Band Heracross rounds out the team, providing a way to break bulky walls, specifically Suicune and Cresselia. The lack of hazard removal isn't that big of an issue, since spikestacking will usually force the opponent to defog for you.

Team:
Qwilfish @ Black Sludge
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Waterfall
- Pain Split

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Naive Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail
- Roost

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Protect

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 24 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Heracross @ Choice Band
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Magneton @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise

Goodra @ Choice Band
Ability: Sap Sipper
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
- Iron Tail

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Protect
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Stealth Rock

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Drain Punch
- Return

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Clear Smog
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn
- Fire Blast

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 192 HP / 64 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Substitute

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Roar
- Rapid Spin

Cobalion @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Note: This team was built from a deviation of the original core because of the drops in the building time

Vote by bolding the team members name and core and by giving an explanation why you voted for them. Sacri' and warzoid get a vote apiece, the other groups get one singular. Do not vote for your own team please

Last edited:

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Ahhh, definitely going for Sacri and Warzoid's team. I have had the pleasure of battling that horrible dual intimidate core of Qwilfmence and, let me tell you, it's aids. Both of them can come all day on fighting types, and Porygon 2 is there to sponge all other attacks. Pretty cool and creative core, well done.

Here's the link to te battle (which I lost) if you are interested in watching more of how the team does. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-233182706

Last edited:
Ok I need to know if there is still interest in this project, because if not, it should probably just be locked or taken over by a more capable user :(

r0ady

People like to invent monsters and monstrosities
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
This would be something cool to start again , shame I didn't get to participate

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Ok I need to know if there is still interest in this project, because if not, it should probably just be locked or taken over by a more capable user :(
Nah, you did it really well. This project is pretty cool, i wish to see this start again.

Last edited:
honestly I'd love to see this project revived (hell, i'd even do it myself if nobody else would) because it's a great idea, but there's just not enough interest in it. when teams aren't being made by the deadline that is set by the project owner or matches in the final phase of the project are not being played, it signals little to no interest in the project itself, which means it isn't getting anywhere and probably shouldn't be started up again until after interest is regained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)