The (Unofficial) Smogon March Madness Pickem

Who Will Win the NCAA March Madness Tounament 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BS bounce. Throwing remote at tv now.

my 5 mil ;-;. all gone. good thing i didn't predict wichita to go far.

I made my bracket straight after the field was announced, and I took UNC to win it all. 9 for 11 with my picks so far, I thought Harvard was actually a good team..

Pretty sure I picked Connecticut based on their history rather than current quality.

Not looking pretty. Other than that.. my only miss so far is Murray St.

Things are getting ugly quickly for me :l

I took UConn as well. I thought they were better than this but this is mostly a fluky three run.

hahahahahaha you think you know absolutely everything so its great when you're totally wrong
Earth to dickbag I do not watch college basketball, why are you working so hard to shit on people casually enjoying sports...complain when I am thorough, and then complain when I am not? Get over yourself, I have never claimed to know a god damn thing about college basketball - I did not watch a game this season, what do I care?

(Although Valparaiso totally should have made it, just ask Fishy)

had valparaiso made it i would have picked them to go all the way just to see how accurate that would've been

it's the dang gum corn eater's luck i tell you wut

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
tied for first with 14 out of 16, seems pretty good to me. still anyone's game obviously with nothing major happening.

Honestly, one of the worst first round days of march madness I've ever seen.

Why? A lot of the games were just... really boring. Huge point differentials, the 12s and 13s (and even 9s and 10s, looking at you Big East) who would usually be putting up fights were getting slaughtered.

The sad thing is, the closest game in the first half+ of the day was between a 1 and a 16 seed!

oh well, might as well break this day down:
Best game: VCU/Wichita St. Everyone said this was gonna be a good one, and it certainly lived up to it. Honorable mention is UNLV/Colorado. UNLV made a good run there, if only they could hit threes.
Worst game: Syracuse/UNC Ashville. I don't care how close it was or how close a 16 came to winning. The fact is, Syracuse played like shit and only won because of the refs. Honorable mention, Gonzaga/West Virginia. Congrats, Western Kentucky put up a bigger fight.
Winning conference: Big 12. 3-0, Baylor was kinda iffy but the 8 seeds looked good. Interested to see how Kansas and Mizzou do tomorrow.
Losing conference: Is this even a question? They underperform year after year. Uconn and WVU were both horrible, not that either one had a stellar season but I expected more.
Biggest surprise: Colorado. Despite almost blowing a 20+ point lead, they were pretty bad in the big 12 year after year, finished 5th in the pac "12" (and it goes without saying how their season was), but managed to win the conference and hold off UNLV. Plus, since VCU is like legend upset status now, Colorado is the biggest and only real upset of the day. Honorable mention here is Indiana. No Verdell Jones, but they still did well, and Zeller played real good.
Biggest disappointment: Syracuse. Uconn and WV to an extent, and I guess I could throw Long Beach in here too but they weren't healthy and New Mexico is actually decent.

Finished 12/16, as always overestimated the big least but whatever. Uconn and WV let me down. New Mexico St was a longshot but I figured I'd try it. UNLV... EVERY YEAR I pick them wrong >:(

Agree with your post completely. [Lol, UNLV fooled me again. Also Gonzaga are still a mystery to me]

Really, the teams that should have won.. did, and the match-ups that people were really expecting an upset with, just didn't happen, even though they should have.

Not madness.. just mediocre.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Apparently professional Russian hockey players are bad at picking teams

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
things that are going downhill fast:

a car in neutral
the owner of said car
my bracket

breaking news byrne tied with me after calling me out, more updates later

hey Texas end the television network and get back to actually playing sports instead of glorifying yourselves playing sports

Actually, I have three brackets with only one miss (100th percentile on espn). I can post the links if you'd like. This was my joke bracket cause idgaf about Smogon "competition"

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hey guys you know what i miss? friendly trash talking. more of that, less infractable flame wars, mk?

speaking of flames, my bracket is going down in them FUCK YOU SDSU AND UNLV AND BELMONT AND ALL YOU SHITTY MIDMAJORS THAT DONT REMEMBER HOW TO WIN A GAME

no one who has a shitty bracket gives a fuck these days i guess
I'm still cool with being 3/1609 brackets with one miss or less.

This bracket is the one where I literally just picked the opposite of all the closer games than I did on the brackets I spent more time on...which is why I'm getting raped on here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)