The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Roster/Flag Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rurushu

Sleepless Strategist
is a Past WCoP Champion
It seems Pirika is becoming the world's #1 flag designer. Got anything for the Asians, or have the Canadians already poisoned your minds against us?
Actually, he already posted a team asia flag here. But yeah, Pirika skills are pretty awesome.

Pirika

O boxeador revolucionário
is an Artist Alumnus
I didn't get any ideas for Asia, but as soon as I get one I'll post. =)

EDIT: ops, I forgot the Oddish flag. But I prefer Rurushu's ideas for team Asia. =)

May I just say a big thank you to both Rurushu and Pirika for all of us. We all appreciate you guys taking out your own free time designing flags for us.

I just wanted to say I hate the concept of having a mini-tourney to decide spots. Luck plays a factor in that and what I like myself is just making people battle each other and then seeing logs to see how they played.

Also, Taylor is back, heh!
I agree with that. More importantly, just because someone has the one bad game, it doesn't mean that they're a bad player. What's even more important is the way single elimination tournaments work. If the 2nd best player on the team loses to the best player on the team in round 1, does that mean he shouldn't make the team over the 5th best that made it to round 2?

I think you guys will be better off just getting as much battles done between the few of you and making decisions based on the skill showed in those games. Yes it becomes more subjective, but it can also be more accurate if done correctly.

@ goof and husk: I can't seem to catch you on the server anymore..
probably due to me being busy atm..
although i have already battled husk ;D

I'll try to catch you later. ^__^

Also, Asia!

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just wanted to say I hate the concept of having a mini-tourney to decide spots. Luck plays a factor in that and what I like myself is just making people battle each other and then seeing logs to see how they played.

Also, Taylor is back, heh!
Well, I feel that most of the players left are of a similar skill level so I have no idea which to pick based on skill. The tournament seems like the quickest way and I'll just pick whichever player I feel is better if the game isn't done. I'm also looking at logs to determine if luck plays enough of a part in a game, like I said in my original post.

I suggest and i know the tourney has been going on for some timme that instead we just try and play either you LR or Twash and based on our performance that way you decide whether we are worthy of selection. Basing a players place on the results of one one match is not the greatest idea imo especially in a game where one match can be such a poor indicator of skill due to a no. of reasons such as team selection and over/under prediction which when there are two players of equal skill is likely to be a deciding factor and it can just as easil go wither way.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suggest and i know the tourney has been going on for some timme that instead we just try and play either you LR or Twash and based on our performance that way you decide whether we are worthy of selection.
I agree.

Also, those who were prepared to make an effort to find Havak show that they're willing to play.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ahahah is the garchomp boning the politoed? hahahahahaha

glad to see Taylor back in the mix^^

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, we've decided to just go and pick the team now (myself and twash), sorry to everyone who didn't get picked, I don't want to hold things up though:

UK
Captain: Havak
Playing 8:
- Havak
- Legacy Raider
- twash
- Zak91
- Vashta
- Taylor
- Ace Matador.
- Kinneas
Substitutes:
- Giant Enemy Crab
- Dan Dan

Due to some unfortunate and unforseen circumstances, Asta will not be able to compete at all. This means that we have an opening for a sub spot in our team. If you're interested, pm me before friday with why you deserve to be a part of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)