The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Roster/Flag Formation

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D; I tried, but I'm still unsatisfied with it.

The Snorlax is meant to represent Asia because of its eyes and bloated ego; however, it can also symbolise the United States, I guess.

ETA: Avatar-size version, just in case >__>! Condensing this was hard:

I'm content with organizing the team that will be winning.

Also, a quick roster adjustment- since Asta has still not contacted me and has not been online for a good long while, I am subbing out Astamatitos for Rojo23. Asta will be taking the #2 sub spot.

Keep in mind that the subs are in no particular order, I had no reason to believe that they were supposed to be in order at all -_-'

@rojo; that was really no hard feelings; it was a close call between you and Asta in terms of battling strength and ultimately it was a coin flip. i'd like to apologise personally for anything that might have ticked you off. I meant you no disrespect in any way.
Hello, sorry for not being online for the past week, that was mainly due to the fact that i had my finals going on. Good thing is that i have them finished today, which also implies that i will be online for pretty much any time requested.

Hello, sorry for not being online for the past week, that was mainly due to the fact that i had my finals going on. Good thing is that i have them finished today, which also implies that i will be online for pretty much any time requested.
Shoot me a pm, I'll get in touch with you after school.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Important for Team UK

Kinneas vs. Darkvirus
Giant Enemy Crab vs. StrategyFocus
cookie vs. Dan Dan
Ace Matador. vs. dragonfruit
Tab vs. B-Lulz
iKitsune vs. Taylor

This is Round 2 of the bracket. If you're not here, you either lost or were not chosen as the winner by me. This was either due to activity or who I believe is the better player based on me having seen them play / reputation.

Also, Taylor has decided to show interest at the last minute, and I don't want to deny a quality player like him the chance to play. So I'm allowing him in now (and it means I don't have to use a Bye for this round).

Good luck guys, and please hurry so we don't miss any deadline Shiv / Jackal decide to implement, I don't want to hold things up.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
:D; I tried, but I'm still unsatisfied with it.

The Snorlax is meant to represent Asia because of its eyes and bloated ego; however, it can also symbolise the United States, I guess.

ETA: Avatar-size version, just in case >__>! Condensing this was hard:

Haha that's awesome. Pretty much what we were looking for. :)

Important for Team UK

Kinneas vs. Darkvirus
Giant Enemy Crab vs. StrategyFocus
cookie vs. Dan Dan
Ace Matador. vs. dragonfruit
Tab vs. B-Lulz
iKitsune vs. Taylor

This is Round 2 of the bracket. If you're not here, you either lost or were not chosen as the winner by me. This was either due to activity or who I believe is the better player based on me having seen them play / reputation.

Also, Taylor has decided to show interest at the last minute, and I don't want to deny a quality player like him the chance to play. So I'm allowing him in now (and it means I don't have to use a Bye for this round).

Good luck guys, and please hurry so we don't miss any deadline Shiv / Jackal decide to implement, I don't want to hold things up.
Lucky me!

Taylor im not going to be available till the weekend. So we wil battle then, hopefully.

Also join us on mIRC. UK people at #UK. You don't have to download the client: http://cgiirc.synirc.net/irc.cgi

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lucky me!

Taylor im not going to be available till the weekend. So we wil battle then, hopefully.

Also join us on mIRC. UK people at #UK. You don't have to download the client: http://cgiirc.synirc.net/irc.cgi
This weekend? Are you sure you could not find yourself available earlier this week? We could play later on or tommorow, if you wish. But like Havak said we don't want to hold up the process any longer than it needs to be. While I don't want to question your own accessibility to Shoddy Battle, surely you would be able to find 5/10 minutes of your time within the next two days?

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
As rosters should be in by Friday battling on the weekend probably isn't exactly likely.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I just wanted to say I hate the concept of having a mini-tourney to decide spots. Luck plays a factor in that and what I like myself is just making people battle each other and then seeing logs to see how they played.

Also, Taylor is back, heh!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont disagree with the tournament to decide a spot necessarily, but I do believe it will take too long to complete. You might want to just tell those battlers you listed in that bracket there for round two to battle as many of the players they see there and send all the logs to you. This way you can see who beats who and how they battle, and can make a decision based on how many battles people care to get done/how well they play despite hax

edit: also pluff haha i love the thought behind the flag haha but the avatar model could prolly be cleaned up a bit if that is the one we are gonna use

if anyone else wants a shot be my guest :)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I think it'd be fine without the Snorlax and without the little Bibarel in the lower right-hand corner.

:O

Pana will be happy to hear this. Welcome back Taylor! This tourney just got that little bit more exciting.

locopoke

Banned deucer.

Sorry jumpluff, but I think this is definetely the better flag by far. If I were canada, I would use this one.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
The more I look at it, I'm really liking Pirika's flag, purely because it's just so simple. If you could stretch "TEAM" out, that would be great.

Rurushu's is brilliant too - the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't scale so well.

The more I look at it, I'm really liking Pirika's flag, purely because it's just so simple. If you could stretch "TEAM" out, that would be great.

Rurushu's is brilliant too - the only problem I have with it is that it doesn't scale so well.
I like Pirik's one too. It's simple but effective. I think it's pretty classy.

Pana and MS seem to like the Rurushu one better though, so maybe we'll have a vote or something.

It seems Pirika is becoming the world's #1 flag designer. Got anything for the Asians, or have the Canadians already poisoned your minds against us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)