The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good job Metro, good luck in the future rounds. Quick thanks to Taylor who actually had the guts to play for us, and gave a good solid fight!

Man Aeolus just PM'd me and was on shoddy. Between me having to switch computers and trying to shoot him a PM, he has logged off :(.

We'll play tomorrow afternoon (his time) I guess.

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'd also like to request the jabba/taylor logs from some kind gentleman =)

Also, totally called it.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
My quick summary:

Taylor had a team advantage; Jabba's double switch and non switch "chances" paid off; Jabba made one "mistake" (not sure about team revealing so don't want to say it here) but it didn't matter in the end; Taylor played too conservatively I thought. Playing intelligently and not taking unnecessary risks is vital, but you have to recognize when your opponent is going to be taking risks, and I feel Taylor didn't account for that.

Also, came down to the last move on the last Pokemon. Truly a great match to watch. I actually thought Jabba had lost on that last turn.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys, the only people that are allowed to release the logs are the players themselves if they both agree. I'd rather not have teams revealed (though most of the tourney players were watching anyway...)

Jabba and Taylor will handle it accordingly, rest assured

Damn, no offense to the UK team or anything, but I was really hoping Metro would get eliminated, because I feel they are a bigger threat. Oh well, not like US West would lose to either team anyways. Yes, I am just going to assume we make it to the finals. Asia ain't got shit on us :P

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I also respect your decision AR to speak openly about your preference for oceania to "go" or more simply put, win.

I would also like to thank you for your contributions to oceania, mainly posts such as these which encourage us to give it our all.

Keep up the good work!

Also I am quite suprised (and a little disappointed, sorry!) with asias comeback, so hat's off to them.

Well done Metro.

Unlucky lads, Who cares if we lost? We still got our fish and chips, and we know deep down that we are the best team, we're just too gentlemanly to not allow other teams to win to make them feel better about themselves.

So congratulations all around.

Looks like I'm rooting for Oceania now.

C'mon you Bruces!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I have made myself as available as I can, and as far as this weekend went, I was never far away. Obi hasn't been active at all for the past few days though, so we didn't end up getting this done. :(

Sorry, I have full internet access back after not being able to do more than get online for a minute or two over the last few days after not getting my match done Thursday night. I see by my PM's that I logged off right when Stallion got on and that is frusturating.

I have sent Stallion a PM to get this done, but I would expect a sub will be needed. I can't linger around all night because I'm getting up for work early and I just can't function on anything less than 8 hours of sleep for my daily life (weekends are a different story, but I just wasn't around a computer more than 5 minutes this weekend).

I told Loki to have a sub ready, if Stallion doesn't get me an answer by 3 PM my timezone I'll just have to be subbed. Even if he does answer I might not be able to stay up that late too, but I'll hold out hope.

Sorry about this delay, these timezones are ugly to deal with, and I didn't feel confident with my team after being scouted last round... and I took a little too long to find a new, comfortable team to play with so it is my own fault.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have made myself as available as I can, and as far as this weekend went, I was never far away. Obi hasn't been active at all for the past few days though, so we didn't end up getting this done. :(
Looking through my PMs I realize I never sent you a PM. I thought I had, so I was waiting for your response. =(

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
who voted this thread one star I am enraged >:(

also i hope at least one or two of these last battles can get done today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)