1. Welcome to the Orange Islands! Please remember to read the rules. Come chat with us on our IRC channel and enjoy your stay!

Discussion There Were 190 Pokémon!

Discussion in 'Orange Islands' started by Zog, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Tenodera

Tenodera

^ From what I could tell, the Charizard/Garchomp thing wasn't trying to be that serious. Regardless, you can't say that Pokemon like Empoleon, Palkia, etc have much more extensive patterning that isn't as present in the first 2 gens. Bulbasaur's spots make sense since it's a frog and all. Dragonite's ventral lines are a reptile's large belly scales, and Karp's single scale row is a simple stylization too.

I would really love to see some more recent unused designs. If there were so many "rejects" from 1st gen, there have to be some from the others!
  2. Unbreakable

Unbreakable

Relevant, hopefully (please no thread necro):

The Bulbapedia link in the OP now lists this thread as a reference. O_o
  3. JacobNinja

JacobNinja

WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Never realized that. I'm such an idiot.
  4. DeoxysNA1

DeoxysNA1

There's a website called Bulbapedia and it has some info on that
  5. farranpoison

farranpoison

Nice necropost.
  6. jynx

jynx

Actually back then when I read Bulbapedia's article, I was surprised that most Gen 2 baby Pokemon were already in it.
    Wouldn't surprise me that they removed them because they couldn't fit the breeding mechanics inside though.
  7. BlackButterfree

BlackButterfree

I just find it odd that it just happens to be the last 39 Pokemon of the Johto Pokedex in sequential order without a single one being skipped. You'd think that since a lot of these Pokemon were extended families (Umbreon, Espeon, Slowking, Scizor) that they'd all be the MissingNo. along with a few Johto Pokemon, but only three or four cross-generational relatives were included in the R/G index list. Has anybody ever double checked the veracity of Shigeki's statements? The OP does claim that Shigeki said the 39 "Kan-Jo" Pokemon were all to be used later, but has he ever said it anywhere else?
  8. Crazuu

Crazuu

3 months, enough to revive.
    Well, I think that Scizor wasn't meant to evolve from Scyther at first. Scizor and Heracross were Johto counterparts of Scyther and Pinsir, respectively. They all 4 are badass bugs and have base stats of 500, also, Scizor (A bipedal warrior red ant with crab-like pincers) has not so much to do with Scyther (A mantis with a dinosaur head and feet).
  9. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito

I keep hoping some kind of new info will come out and we'll finally see which ones were cut. Some of the old Gamefreak staff are on twitter, maybe someone with some Japanese knowledge could ask them? Shigeki Morimoto's twitter seems to be @shmorimo

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)