Titan Tanks

Titan Tanks

Hello Smogon!
I have been playing pokemon competitivly for 2 years now and I have become a balance/offensive trainer. I keep seeing these stall teams around and so I decided to get a taste of what it is like to troll. So I threw together this semi-random team, played the 10 hour trollololo song and set out with an evil grin on my face. To my suprise, this team does fairly well. With a few problems to straighten out, this has some real potential. Enough rambling about! Lets get on with it!

Nature: Jolly
4 Hp/ 252 Att/ 252 Spe
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace​

Iron Head
Zen Headbutt
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch​

Trololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
That pretty much sums it up. Jirachi is super fast with the choise scarf so no one can escape the fliching. He also adds that oh-shit-not-this-guy-again effect to my team.​

Nature: Adamant
176 Hp/ 128 Att/ 204 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Moxie​

Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Waterfall
Bounce​

This is my main sweeper of the team. This guy never lets me down and can really pack a punch. Waterfall is a powerhouse when facing a rain team, and stone edge is there to provide coverage. Bounce is a rather unexpected move in competition but it packs a chuck-norris-roundhouse-kick no matter what switches into to it. I picked Moxie over Intimidate because I just killed way to many pokemon and so an attack boost each time I do will turn this thing into a monster.​

Nature: Adamant
252 Att/ 4 Def/ 252 Spe
Ability: Intimidate​

Earthquake
Substitute
Stone Edge
Outrage​

The idea behind this guy is to force switch outs and to let the opponent rack up hazard damage. When I setup a substitute, people shit their pants and desperatly reach for their counters. By then I will already be EQing them after entry hazards. Of course this all depends on the entry hazards.​

Nature: Bold
252 Hp/ 252 Def/ 4 SpA
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator​

Scald
Flamethrower
Psychic
Slack Off​

This guy can last a really long time throughout the battle, with regenerator and slack off recoveries. To take advantage of the recoveries, I slaped a life orb on him. It works pretty well although I could use a better stat spread. Any Sugesstions?​

Nature: Bold
252 Hp/ 4 Def/ 252 SpD
Ability: Prankster​

Foul Play
Will-o-Wisp
Toxic
Recover​

Before you judge this! Let me tell you that it works. The pick your posion method is really unexpected. just burn the steel types that switch in and toxic the posion types that switch in. It also allows me to treat each pokemon differently, burn a physical salamence and you can still toxic the annoying cressila. Recover makes this thing nearly impossible to kill and foul play does more damage than night shade most of the time. I chose to have less defensive investment because if mmy opponent gets burned, I can afford to boost my special defense.​

Nature: Calm
252 Hp/ 68 Def/ 188 SpD
Ability: Iron Barbs​

Stealth Rocks
Spikes
Power Whip
Thunder Wave​

This guy has a very important roll on my team, he sets up the entry hazards. The idea of this team is to pressure the opponent into switching in and out his pokemon. With all of the entry hazards about he is unwillingly slowly killing himself all i need for him to have is a little more speed.​

So that's my team!​

Threat List
Rotom-Wash, Starmie and Skarmory are the big 3. Rotom-Wash can thunderbolt my gyarados and slowbro, then turn around and hydro pump my gliscor and sableye, leaving registeel who can't thunder wave it and whimisicott who can't really do shit to it either. That is basically why starmie is also a threat. It carries the Boltbeam combo which justs mauls me. Skarmory can be a pain because my gyarados and gliscor can't really take it down easily, the only pokemon who could is slowbro. Also any pokemonn with heal bell or aromatherapy will force me to start over with all of the status I have caused.​

A rapid spinner and a pokemon with heal would be nice for this team.​

That is all I have to say! So leave a suggestion about my team because I know you have one!​

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey. One move change can reduce your Skarmory problem to naught. First off, replace Protect on Gliscor with Taunt. This lets your Gliscor turn the tables on Skarmory and use it as set-up fodder, and not the other way around. QUICK EDIT: You should also consider using an EV spread of 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spe over your current EV spread. The HP EVs hit a Poison Heal number, and it gives you an extra point or two in Defense, which I think is beneficial for your team. Another move change can eliminate your Choice Rotom-W vulnerability, and that is the use of Substitute over either Bounce or Stone Edge. This lets you exploit Scarf Rotom-W's Volt Switches to garner another Sub, and with that, another boost. To deal with Starmie, and by extension powerful weather-dependent attackers, you could opt for a Specially Defensive Tyranitar over Registeel. It can Pursuit trap Starmie and the Lati twins, which is a major boon for the rest of your team. It also removes the issue of Magic Bounce Espeon and Xatu, which seemed like problems for your team before. Now, this will leave you without a Steel-type to take repeated Outrages. To fix that slight problem, I'd recommend the use of a Physically Defensive Forretress over Whimsicott, which really is doing nothing that Sableye isn't doing. Meanwhile, Forretress can set up Spikes, which is a massive boon for your Gliscor and Gyarados, who can force many more KOs with their help. A summarized list of changes can be seen below.

Sets:

Tyranitar @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
Careful | 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Stealth Rock | Pursuit | Fire Blast | Superpower

Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
Relaxed | 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpA | 2 Spe
Spikes | Rapid Spin | Volt Switch | Hidden Power [Ice]

Nitpicks:
---->

---->

Protect ----> Taunt
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe ----> 244 HP / 192 Def / 72 Spe

Bounce ----> Substitute

Well, I hope this helps. Good luck! Feels good to be the first guy to rate a newly-posted team.

Too much status. You have bounce and thunder wave causing paralysis, scald and wil-o-wisp causing burns, and toxic.
If your opponent is statused already, then your Sableye essentially only has Foul Play and Recover to use.
One possible solution is to swap Registeel out for Ferrothorn. It would help against Rotom-W, Starmie and Skarmory. It would also be able to lay down both stealth rock AND spikes which would help your team tremendously. Your team forces a whole lot of switches plus you have a great spin blocker.
Ferrothorn also emphasizes the synergy with Slowbro+Gyarados a lot more.

You might want to consider replacing Gliscor with Substitute Landorus-T? It forces switches easily as well, but doesn't need Swords Dance to hit hard and can stay safe behind a sub to choose the appropriate move.

If you are any good at prediction, Whimsicott should always be carrying Encore. Being able to switch to Whimsicott on the same turn a Dragonite uses Dragon Dance and encore it is very valuable.

I really like the pressure this team puts on the opponent by the way without using much offense, but it definitely needs some tweaking.

I feel that Registeel is pretty much outclassed by Jirachi as a paralysis inducer, given that they both learn SR. If you just want to troll then Jirachi is much more annoying to face than Registeel...

Here's a Jirachi quote:

"Haxrachi, with 3 coverage moves. Simple and easy to use, anyone can win with it! Just click on Iron Head repeatedly for 24 turns and watch as your opponent fails to do anything. In case of 4x weak, use the appropriate punch attack."

Also, maybe give Ferrothorn a try over Whimsicott, since it's more useful in terms of utility and the like; especially since you have a Slowbro, who resists both of its weaknesses.

You also need to care for Xatu which can counter troll this team...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)