TLR's Lore, Legends, And More Action (LLAMA), brought to you by ASBet — Referee Signups (F Signups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Obligatory two rounds as co-host. Will take any more if necessary. Also if I may I would like to stress the importance of reffing flavour - if you're only in expecting to get extra UC out of the same amount of zero-flavour work you do reffing you Tower matches (even if you do reff on time) then I hope I can persuade IAR to allow me to make some (perhaps biased) decisions.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Round 3 Referee signups are now open.

Like before there will be 18 slots needed to referee and I will take one so... 17 to go?

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
We have enough referees for round three though if anyone else wants to sign up they can. Just that some users may get less than what they asked for or none at all now.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Keep signing up please, because given the heated debate that we've just had, I figured the best way to go from there is to do this. Also it's kinda dramatic, which adds to the fun.

This is a clarion call from the co-host.

If you, as an ASB referee, want to prove that LLAMA participants here can have a Top 3 cut, please post stating the maximum number of matches that you're willing to reff. Bear in mind that you should be well aware of your competency and your responsibilities, including coherent formatting, correct calculations, writing flavour, as well as lasting through the period where 1-day-DQ will be enforced, even for you as a referee. If you posted saying that you can take reffings, only to drop out of them during the middle of the matches, that will not be counted.

The purpose of this is to measure whether we have the logistical support to carry out the Top 3 cut. I will admit beforehand that our observations will not be 100% objective, but we'll try our best to be fair. If it does turn out that referee manpower is not a problem for LLAMA, you might have just done your part in using your actions to refute naysayers to the Top 3 cut. And we all know how actions speak louder than words.

Disclaimer:
I am not saying that IAR and I will outright decide on Top 3 as soon as we see more than 18 referees signing up for this round. We still haven't decided on a deadline for that decision yet. Just that this is an extension to my post on the debate linked above, to explicitly show that we are doing this experiment in order to gauge the public needs, not just the public opinion.

Also, to avoid certain...... invested people from gaming the rules, the following rules will have to be in agreement:
  • Even if you posted saying you can take more, you will only be assigned a maximum of 2 reffings per round. This is done with regards toward IRL issues, the 1-day-DQ period, sanity preservation, UC/workload distribution, et cetera.
  • Reffing is only one part of the tournament. So you should understand that we as hosts will have other considerations in our mind aside from this, when the time comes to make the decision.
  • The decision of the host, when announced, will be is final. And I will repeat again, we have not decided by the timestamp of this post. Whether the choice is Top 2 or Top 3 cut, if you would come forward after this and accuse us of giving false hope, or make any baseless claims, do not expect to be entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)