Train Man VS TehWestStatMtl - A WiFi Warstory!

It was a late night, when I stumbled on to the Gamefaqs Battling boards. While, stereotyped as Hackers, Shinyphiles and Disconnectors, their really isn't too much of a difference between the "Battle Me" Thread and the Battling Board. Now, being pretty newby over at Gamefaqs, not understanding their trends and tactics, I requested a battle. None other than TehWestStatMtl, came and picked up the challenge. Now, from what i've gathered in the short span of time, I visited, TehWestStatMtl is probably a few levels down from being their sePh(+) or Jibaku. A pretty prominent player, one of the better battlers on Gamefaqs. With his youtube account, akin to our Warstory Archives, I knew it'd be a better battle than most.

I won't spoil the result, but TehWestStatMtl recorded our battle and posted it on youtube with my full support. Here's a link for those of you that want a less text-based battle. But for those of you, who want to know what was going through my head at the time (or those who just can't be bothered to stream) read on.

Formatting will be minimal, Battle-log in Bold, Comments will be plain and i'll be writing down Hit points at the end of each round. The act of Leftovers recovery will be ommited but the health restoration will be mentioned along side the hit points. Also, a special treat i'll list Times of Death, correlating to the youtube video.

Train Man's Team:

TehWestStatMtl's Team:

Nothing else to say, but... Let the Battle begin!

Justin sent out Lucario!
TS-LG sent out Starmie!

Lucario - 269 HP
Starmie - 241 HP
---

He leads with Starmie, and I with Lucario. Knowing that I can't outspeed it, I know he'll be staying in. My snorlax isn't your garden variety Curselax and was created just to counter psychic and ghostly threats.

---
Justin withdrew Lucario.
Justin sent out Snorlax!
Starmie used Surf!

Snorlax - 406 HP
Starmie - 241 HP
---

That surf barely scratched the underbelly of my behemothic beast. Predicting a switch, I use Pursuit, an excellent 4th-gen addition to Snorlax's movepool. Though, through doing this, i'm giving whatever's coming in a free switch.

---
TS-LG withdrew Starmie.
Snorlax used Pursuit!
It's super effective!
TS-LG sent out Breloom!
Breloom was badly poisoned by the Toxic Orb.

Starmie - 29 HP
Snorlax - 420 HP
Breloom - 270 HP (Badly Poisoned)
---

That pursuit dealt some pretty heavy damage to Starmie. However, with Breloom out against a much slower threat, something's gonna go to sleep. Now I don't want to lose my Snorlax to the slumber, as a sleeping wall is usually a dead wall. I make a switch to my wall-breaking Metagross and sacrifice him to the sandman, having seen no walls to break.

---
Justin withdrew Snorlax.
Justin sent out Metagross!
Breloom used Substitute!

Metagross - 322 HP
Breloom - 236 HP (Substitute)
---

Crap. I let that Mushroom get in a free subsitute. My usual plan, when dealing with Breloom is to intimidate-pass from Gyarados to Gliscor, though it's fairly obvious that won't be happening this time. My Metagross (and most others) are slower than Breloom and lacking Bullet Punch, so I know he'll be able to keep that substitute up as he spores me.

---
Breloom used Spore!
Metagross fell asleep!

Metagross - 322 HP (Sleeping)
Breloom - 269 HP
---
Breloom is tightening it's Focus!
Justin withdrew Metagross.
Justin sent out Gliscor!
Breloom used Focus Punch!
It's not very effective!

Metagross - 322 HP
Gliscor - 292 HP
Breloom - 270 HP
---

Having to take a Focus Punch and a Seed Bomb is going to hurt Gliscor, though not that much. Luckily I recently changed my Gliscor's moveset, replacing Stone Edge for Ice Fang, to deal with just such occasions as well as bulky Garchomps. That hit did less than expected. Figuring I could survive two Seed Bombs (And roost them off later) I used the opening to set up Stealth Rocks, sealing his Starmie in the ground.

---
Breloom used Seed Bomb!
A critical hit!
Gliscor used Stealth Rock!

Gliscor - 132 HP
Breloom - 270 HP
---

Ouch! That critical hit, left me in the dust. My only consolation is that unless he has two spinners, his Starmie is as good as dead. There's a very slim chance that i'll survive the next Seed Bomb, but there's little else I can do. I roost up and hope for the best.

---
Breloom used Seed Bomb!
Gliscor lives at 2 HP! Hell Yeah!
Gliscor used Roost!

Gliscor - 178 HP
Breloom - 270 HP
---

I was amazed that I survived, with two hit points, none the less. Sitting at a fairly comfortable 178 HP, I Ice Fang immediately, breaking Breloom's substitute, making it oh so vulnerable. In retrospect, I should've kept roosting till I was closer to Max HP, but the siren song of Green HP lulled me into going on the offensive.

---
Breloom used Seed Bomb!
A critical hit!
Gliscor used Ice Fang!
A critical hit!
The substitute faded!

Gliscor - 48 HP
Breloom - 270 HP (Sub was broken)
---

That was a kick in the face. My Gliscor was guaranteed to die. At a paltry, 48 Hit points I wouldn't be able to wall anything short of a caterpie. I don't think i'll be getting any free switches any time soon (especially if he's also using Spikes or Rocks). I sacrifice Gliscor, for a free switch.

Breloom used Seed Bomb!
Gliscor fainted.
Justin sent out Lucario!

Gliscor - Fainted. Time of Death - 1.50.
Breloom - 270 HP

6-5
---

Evaluating my situation, I figured a revenge kill from Lucario would be my best choice. Few suspect the Choice Specs variation and fewer suspect Timid Lucarios. From the depths of the Gamefaqs Trading Board, I managed to pick up a Palcity Lucario with decent IVs, a useful nature and a lovely cherish ball home. I pick Aura Sphere, a STAB move and hope for the best.

---
TS-LG withdrew Breloom.
TS-LG sent out Cresselia!
Lucario used Aura Sphere!
A critical hit!

Lucario - 269 HP
Cresselia - 240 HP
---

Stealth Rocks and that critical hit dented his Cresselia pretty hard. I make a fairly risky move, anticipating that this Cress is EV'd in its Def stat, I switch to Raikou, hoping for either a recovery move or a Reflect. However, if it's packing Thunder-Wave, I might've just crippled one of my key sweepers.

---
Justin withdrew Lucario.
Justin sent out Raikou!
Cresselia used Calm Mind!

Raikou - 329 HP
Cresselia - 267 HP (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef)
---

It seems I was partly right. It is a physically oriented Cresselia, however, it has Calm Mind to boost its Special stats. Obviously he won't let me set up a substitute, so I Calm Mind predicting an attacking move, probably an Ice Beam or a Psychic. I just hope he doesn't have a Dugtrio waiting in the wings...

---
Raikou used Calm Mind!
Cresselia used Psychic!

Raikou - 262 HP (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef)
Cresselia - 294 HP
---

That Psychic did 88 Damage and a Raikou's substitute is made using 84 HP. Figures. Expecting a CM Cold War, I Calm Mind again, hoping that he'll follow suit, use Psychic again or at least stay put and stay in. Attempting to set up this early, was a large mistake on my behalf, giving him a free switch to a real monster.

---
TS-LG withdrew Cresselia.
TS-LG sent out Garchomp!
Raikou used Calm Mind!

Raikou - 272 HP (+2 SpAtk, +2 SpDef)
Garchomp - 320 HP
---

He switched his Chomp in to absorb that T-bolt and either:
a) Lure in an HP Ice and absorb with another team-mate OR
b) His Garchomp is scarf'd and wants to kill my Kou.

I pick option B, wasting two Calm Minds, but going towards my other set-up sweeper. Earthquake is the obvious move and from what he's seen, (everything but Gyarados) i'm looking pretty Ground-Weak. Knowing that his probably Gyara counter (Starmie) is down, I feel little risk in unleashing my very offensive DDos.

---
Justin withdrew Raikou.
Justin sent out Gyarados!
Garchomp used Earthquake!
It doesn't affect Gyarados...

Gyarados - 347 HP
Garchomp - 320 HP (-1 Atk)
---

Now if it's scarfed it'll switch, but then again, even if it wasn't it probably switch, courtesy the Intimidate. I take the time to Dragon Dance up. The situation is currently win-win. If he attacks again, he reveals his Chomp isn't scarfed and I've got a fairly assured win with Raikou, but if he doesn't I can wreak havoc with my free Dragon Dance.

---
TS-LG withdrew Garchomp.
TS-LG sent out Starmie!
Pointed stones dug into Starmie!
Starmie fainted!
Gyarados used Dragon Dance!

Gyarados - 347 HP (+1 Atk, +1 Spe)
Starmie - Fainted. Time of Death - 3.00

5-5
---

Adding insult to injury, my Gyarados dances over Starmie's fallen body. Faster and stronger, with one of its primary counters gone, Gyarados looks set to sweep. Now, from what I've seen, he's got a Breloom, a CM Cresselia and what is likely a ScarfChomp. To my knowledge, a CM Cress wouldn't be carrying Charge Beam or HP Elec and Breloom's unholy spore has already been used and sleep clause is in effect. Now if it is indeed a ScarfChomp, its still a threat to my Gyarados so it's not exactly game... yet.

---
TS-LG sent out Garchomp!

Gyarados - 347 HP (+1 Atk, +1 Spe)
Garchomp - 299 HP
---

I'm now fairly certain i'm dealing with a ScarfChomp... And that his walls won't be able to touch me. A Gyarados sweep looks very likely, if I play my cards well. The only two really damaging moves on a ScarfChomp would be Outrage and the lesser-seen Stone Edge. Luckily, Metagross resists both and is bulky enough to take a hit. Even asleep, it's a metallic beast.

---

Justin withdrew Gyarados.
Garchomp used Stone Edge!

Metagross - 278 HP (Sleeping)
Garchomp - 299 HP
---

He's obviously going to switch out his Garchomp, as its Stone Edge can barely scratch Metagross' metallic hide. Breloom is the obvious choice as a free turn to set up a substitute is very tempting. I act accordingly, predicting the switch and go to my Lucario.

---
TS-LG withdrew Garchomp.
TS-LG sent out Breloom!
Justin withdrew Metagross.
Justin sent out Lucario!

Lucario - 269 HP
Breloom - 270 HP
---

Having already revealed by special secret, and him, his Cresselia, I feel neither an Aura Sphere or a Dark Pulse would be the right prediction. Knowing that my Gliscor is gone, letting that Breloom set up a substitute will spell instant death for at least one of pokemon. While Aura Sphere is too obvious, so is a switch to Cresselia. Dark Pulse would really nail that Space Duck if it did come in, though that would also give Breloom a free substitute. I have a third choice in either Psychic or Dragon Pulse. I know that Breloom will live a Dragon Pulse and might even be able to set up a substitute, so it looks like Psychic FTW.

---
TS-LG withdrew Breloom.
TS-LG sent out Bronzong!
Lucario used Psychic!
It's not very effective...

Lucario - 269 HP
Bronzong - 316 HP
---

Well, that didn't go so well... Giving Bronzong a free turn to setup is never good, but I'll try to make the best of it. Anticipating either Stealth Rock or Earthquake I switch to Gyarados, my last "free" switch if Rocks are put up and a real free switch if it tries to quake me.

---
Justin withdrew Lucario.
Justin sent out Gyarados!
Bronzong used Reflect!

Gyarados - 347 HP
Bronzong - 337 HP (-1 Atk)
---

Reflect will certainly put a damper on Gyarados' sweeping abilties, no matter, I plan to outlast that Reflect and Dragon Dance up along the way. I'm predicting another Garchomp switch-in but without Ice Fang, it looks like i'll have to just spam Waterfalls to take him out.

---
TS-LG withdrew Bronzong.
TS-LG sent out Garchomp!

Gyarados - 347 HP (+1 Atk, + 1 Spe)
Garchomp - 278 HP
---

Exactly as planned. Now, here's where I make a risky decision. If he launches an Outrage or a Stone Edge, my Gyarados will be practically screwed. However, by using my Metagross last turn to take the turn, maybe I can fool him into using Earthquake or at least a less-damaging move. I hit up the opportunity and Dragon Dance again, also, a check to see if he actually is a ScarfChomp and not just a BandChomp. If it outspeeds me, without a doubt it's a ScarfChomp, if not, then a BandChomp, which is much less deadly in the current situation.

---
Garchomp used Crunch!

Gyarados - 232 HP (+2 Atk, +2 Spe)
Garchomp - 278 HP
---

Without STAB or any boosting Item, Crunch did jack damage to my Gyarados. As it went first, i'm now assured it's scarfed and i'm pretty sure i've got this Game tied up. From what i've seen from his pokemon and his switches his only two Gyarados counters were Starmie and Garchomp. To get Chompy in again, it'd give me two more turns of setup (one switch out, another switch in), also hastening the countdown of his Reflect. Knowing that I can survive three more turns (or two attacks) I get a little greedy and dance up, one last time.

---
Garchomp used Crunch!

Gyarados - 146 HP (+3 Atk, +3 Spe)
Garchomp - 278 HP
---

Now, i'm going to hit him with a Waterfall, live with about 46 hit points and finish him off next turn. I'm not expecting an OHKO as Chomp is one bulky bastard and he still has that reflect to protect himself with. As he hasn't scored any Def. drops, I'm certain that he won't KO unless he gets a critical hit.

---
Gyarados used Waterfall!
Garchomp used Crunch!
A critical hit!
Reflect wore off!

Gyarados - Fainted. Time of Death - 4.39
Garchomp - 67 HP

4-5
---

Well. That absolutely flattened me. I tell myself, I still have a chance. Raikou might still be able to sweep, depending on his last pokemon, as well as Bronzong's moveset. With an awesome 4x resist to Dark moves, Lucario comes out, again to revenge kill.

---
Justin sent out Lucario!

Lucario - 269 HP
Garchomp - 67 HP
---

Once again, i'm at odds to pick what move to use. Dark Pulse will definitely allow Breloom to come in and pick off each of pokemon one-by-one, so Dark Pulse is out of the question. Psychic and Dragon Pulse are resisted by Bronzong and Aura Sphere by Cresselia. Still, a switch to Cresselia is far too obvious, and I select STAB Aura Sphere to hit something on the switch.

---
TS-LG withdrew Garchomp.
TS-LG sent out Bronzong!

Lucario - 269 HP
Bronzong- 197 HP
---

A solid hit and a solid prediction. Another Aura Sphere should be enough to finish him off, but he could always switch to Cress to absorb the attack. From memory, Cresselia's already been battered down from Rocks, and Critical hits, so I Aura Sphere again. If he switches to anything but Cresselia, the incoming pokemon will die. If he switches to Cresselia, he'll be so worn down, recovery is assured and a free switch to Raikou is welcomed. I'm still not sure if that Zong is physical or special and whether or not it's carrying Gyro Ball or Earthquake. If it's quakeless, then all I need is for Kou to setup just one Sub, and anything that switches in will be destroyed.

---
TS-LG withdrew Bronzong.

Lucario - 269 HP
Cresselia - 180 HP
---

I'm quite sure that Cresselia will Moonlight (as Rest is very uncommon and unpractical on CM Sets), giving my Raikou a free switch. From there, an unboosted Psychic will fail to break Raikou's substitute, i'll CM up (under the cover of a substitute) and wipe his team out. ScarfChomp's Earthquake is now a deadly force, capable of KOing all my remaining pokemon short of Snorlax (Where it is a 2HKO). I keep this in mind, and try to make sure to never give Chomp a free switch.

---
Justin withdrew Lucario.
Justin sent out Raikou!
Cresselia used Moonlight!

Raikou - 302 HP
Cresselia - 396 HP
---

Best case scenario, thus far. Raikou can definitely set up a substitute this turn, Cresselia won't be able to do anything, a switch to Breloom will call for a HP Ice to murder the mushroom, likewise a switch to Garchomp. Bronzong, if EV'd in SpDef (A likely scenario) and if said Bronzong is carrying EQ (another likely choice) i'll have to rely on Crithax to finish him. Well if it works for him, why not me?

---
TS-LG sent out Bronzong!
Raikou used Substitute!

Raikou - 234 HP (Substitute)
Bronzong - 197 HP
---

I'm still unsure if it's carrying Earthquake, and even if it is, I have very little to switch out to. With limited options and time bearing down on me, I Calm Mind hoping to be able to KO his damned Bronzong the turn after.

---
Raikou used Calm Mind!
Bronzong used Earthquake!
The substitute faded!

Raikou - 254 HP (Sub was broken) (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef)
Bronzong - 218 HP
---

Crunch time. An earthquake is sure to spell certain doom. Being a legitimate WiFi Team, my Raikou is Hasty with a 11 IV in Defence. Even if I do crit-hax him, his Garchomp can rampage me, though I do have a plan to kill that Garchomp.

---
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
There is noooo Critical hit!

Raikou - 42 HP
Bronzong - 103 HP
---

... I survived. After doing going through the damage calculations, i've determined that not only does it have 0 Atk EVs, it looks like a horrible Atk IV and possibly even a -Atk Nature. Even then it looks like it did minimal damage. I'm still not out of the woods though. As I t-bolted last turn, another is obvious enough and that could go against my whole, "Not giving Garchomp a free switch-in" mantra. Though, a NVE HP Ice is sure not KO his SpDef oriented Bronzong, allowing him to finish me with another Earthquake. I figure he'll sacrifice his Zong to get a revenge-kill with Chomp, so I click T-bolt hoping to finally finish him off.

---
TS-LG withdrew Bronzong.
TS-LG sent out Garchomp!
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
It doesn't affect Garchomp...

Raikou - 61 HP
Garchomp - 67 HP
---

Remember that Garchomp contingency plan? Here it comes. Knowing that Snorlax can take at least one Earthquake, I have to switch in Metagross, knowing not only that he'll be able to OHKO it, but that Sleep Clause will no longer be in effect and that Breloom's spore will be able to avenge Chomp's death. Hopefully, i'm predicting right, so let's just see how this sequence of events will unfold.

---
Justin withdrew Raikou.
It's super effective!

Metagross - Fainted. Time of Death - 6:30
Garchomp - 67 HP

3-5
---

Step one. Complete. A free switch to Snorlax. Step two. I need him to stay in, Earthquake me, and then as I survive, I counter attack and KO him with Body Slam.

Survived with 126 HP
Snorlax used Body Slam!

Snorlax - 155 HP
Garchomp - Fainted. Time of Death - 6:44

3-4
---

Yes! Chomp is dead. Though, this is the first of many sacrifices. At this point, I made a conscious decision to attempt a late-game Raikou sweep. With nothing asleep, Snorlax out and TehWestStatMtl's opportunity of a free switch, it's obvious that Breloom is coming in. As I said before, with Gliscor, Gyarados and now Gross gone, my Team's physical bulk has gone out the window.

---
TS-LG sent out Breloom!

Snorlax - 184 HP
Breloom - 254 HP
---

It's time for the next sacrifice... Lucario! Knowing that he won't spore straight away, I use the time to chip away at his HP by breaking his subs. I run the damage calculations as the Toxic Orb and Leftovers animation take their course. My unboosted Raikpu's HP Ice will only do 72-85% (189-222 Damage) to his Breloom. I need to make sure his HP stays as low as possible.

---
Breloom used substitute!
Snorlax used Body Slam!
The substitute faded!

Snorlax - 213 HP
Breloom - 220 HP
---

This is the turn to Spore, but since i'm sacrificing Lucario, Snorlax is taking the sleep. Knowingly, late-game if it comes to Cresselia VS Snorlax, Lax actually has a tiny chance of winning with Paralysis and Rest.

---
Breloom used Spore!
Snorlax fell asleep!

Snorlax - 232 HP
Breloom - 220 HP
---
Justin withdrew Snorlax.
Justin sent out Lucario!
Breloom used substitute!

Lucario - 269 HP
Breloom - 219 HP (Substitute)
---

So, far things are going alright. No kinks in the plan yet. Lucario will die breaking Breloom's substitute and from the subs, Breloom will hopefully be drained enough for Raikou's HP Ice (Magic Number, 189-222 Damage) to finish him off.

---
Breloom is tightening it's Focus!
The substitute faded!
Breloom used Focus Punch!
It's super effective!

Lucario - Fainted. Time of Death - 7.37
Breloom - 252 HP
---

I can see even without the exact HP Values Raikou won't be able to KO Breloom with HP Ice unless Breloom's got an awful SpDef IV or I get lucky with a critical hit. Though, it seems in this match, that luck is only going one way, but perhaps some late-game Hax is in order? I can certainly hope.

---
Justin sent out Raikou!
Raikou used HP Ice!
A critical hit!

Raikou - 78 HP
Breloom - Fainted. Time of Death - 7.52

2-3
---
TS-LG sent out Bronzong!
Raikou used Thunderbolt!

Raikou - 92 HP
Bronzong - Fainted. Time of Death - 8.06

2-2
---

Woah! Those two kills served a much deeper purpose than balancing the scores. At 92 HP, Raikou can generate a substitute that Cresselia can only 2HKO, giving me time for a free CM. If I get lucky just once more, I might have this game.

---
Raikou used Substitute!
Cresselia used Psychic!

Raikou - 24 HP (Substitute)
Cresselia - 396 HP
---
Raikou used Calm Mind
Cresselia used Psychic!
The substitute faded!

Raikou - 44 HP (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef)
Cresselia - 423 HP
---

Intense. I have a very slim chance for victory. I need a critical hit and from the damage i've seen Cresselia do (less than 88 points of Damage to an unboosted Raikou), I need Cresselia to hit for minimum damage possible.

---
Raikou used Thunderbolt!
A critical hit!
Cresselia used Psychic!

Raikou - Fainted. Time of Death - 8.47
Cresselia - 108 HP

1-2
---

Yeah... I've lost. With a sleeping snorlax on the bench, and a CMing, Healing Cresselia out against me. There'll be no more commentary as there was very little thought in the next few moves. I hope you enjoyed that.

---

Justin sent out Snorlax!
TS-LG sent out Infernape!
Snorlax is fast asleep!
---
Infernape used Close Combat!

Snorlax - Fainted. Time of Death - 9.11
Infernape - 227 HP
---

Props:

* An amazing battle with good predictions and good switches.
* Long-term Game plans and useful sacrificing.
* Defensive switching and predicting attacks.
* Raikou surviving Bronzong's earthquake.
* Raikou's critical hit comebacks.
* Very little stall.
* Every pokemon served a purpose

Slops:

* Offensive predictions. I handled SpecsCario horribly.
* Painful critical hits.
* Other shaky mispredictions and misreadings.

Credits and Acknowledgements:

* Little Green Yoda - For his Raikou that nearly made a comeback.
* Zukirin - For the Metagross.
* Some guy on GFaqs - For the Palcity Lucario.
* My RNG - For the home-bred Gliscor, Gyarados and Snorlax.
* Everyone who rated my Team - You guys made this team what it is.
* TS-LG/TehWestStatMtl - For posting the video and giving me something to work off.

EDIT:

Please inform me on any typos, grammatical errors, etc. I'd like to clean this thing up as tidily as possible.

Also a shout-out to Lee, Anti and Maniaclyrasist, 3 really cool people who recently became Mods. Lee for being an expert in the lower tiers as well as making amazing UU-in-OU teams, Anti for being a tyrant in the WiFI forums and Maniaclyrasist for being an amazing Uber Battler, whom i've faced (and lost against) many times. Brought about from checking the "Who's online" and seeing an awful lot of +'s next to names.

lol, one more thing. My predictions/expectations on the next generation of Mods. Jibaku, Great Sage and Mysterious Stallion all deserve Mod-ship or some sort of upgrade. And a small question, what do the "I could be cool!" badges mean?

There was a lot of effort put into this, I can tell.

Besides the weird mid-fight comment bolding, this is a clean and interesting read fo' sho'. Good job.

Yeah, there was weird bolding throughout the log. I think I got it all though, so the format should be pretty clean. Make sure to watch TehWestStatMtl's video and post a comment for him too.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I quite enjoyed that. It's great to finally see a battle based on a Wi-Fi match too. I've fought you and that team on Shoddy so many times, that I felt a little more involved in the match for some reason. Shame your MixGross didn't get any action, as that always makes me smile. I do remember your Snorlax knowing Sleep Talk though, so I was wondering why you let Metagross sleep. I figure you've since got rid of it though.

Great battle. Long live Wi-Fi. :)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh we have four of the same members in our teams. Thats part of the reason I enjoyed it, but it was a great battle nonetheless. Also congrats Lee for becoming mod.

Justin sent out Lucario!
TS-LG sent out Starmie!

Lucario - 269 HP
Starmie - 241 HP
---

He leads with Starmie, and I with Lucario. Knowing that I can't outspeed and knowing that even a CB Extremespeed (not that i'm running that type of Lucario) will KO his Starmie, I know he'll be staying in. My snorlax isn't your garden variety Curselax and was created just to counter psychic and ghostly threats.
Take out those paranthesis and it says...

knowing that even a CB Extremespeed will KO his Starmie
That doesn't make sense. That typo would mean that he stayed knowing he would get KO'd lol.

@ Lee+
Mmm, If i recall correctly, you creamed me every single time, lol. I'm going to retire this team and build one, actually modeled off your's. I can only recall the Shedinja/Heatran/Tentacruel members of your team which I guess is good, so it'll force me to a little original.

Yeah, I replaced Sleep Talk with Earthquake.

@ Mysterious Stallion
lol, great to hear. You were one of the bigger Team fixers and a great person to test against. Thanks for the comments.

@ Jujuomi
Thanks for those catches. Multiple Fixes made.

@ Sandman
Thanks, did you watch the video? I thoroughly enjoyed it.

@ Janemori
At least the Hax gods use Karma. 3 Crits aside seem kinda fair.

---
Raikou used Calm Mind!
The substitute faded!

Raikou - 254 HP (Sub was broken) (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef
Bronzong - 218 HP
---

Crunch time. An earthquake is sure to spell certain doom. Being a legitimate WiFi Team, my Raikou is Hasty with a 11 IV in Defence. Even if I do crit-hax him, his Garchomp can rampage me, though I do have a plan to kill that Garchomp.

---
Another typo, Sp.Def is supposed to be (+1 SpAtk, +1 SpDef )

@ Juojumi
Thanks for the catch. Fix'd.
And another typo, its Jujuomi not Juojumi -.-

I'm good at this
=P

Lol, I use half of your team, Trainman (Raikou, Metagross, Hercross, all make a very nice combo). Thats what kept me reading.

Pretty standard match, no pokemon that stuck out and made a nice scene, but it was good. I enjoy warstories from you.

I kind of enjoyed it. I felt that your opponent got way too lucky with those critical hits. Most notably the game changing critical hit on Gyarados. I also disliked those two critical hits on your Gliscor that were only two turns apart.

At least that crit. on breloom someone made up for it.

Wow, you really put a lot of effort into this. IMO this should be referenced as an ideal warstory template.

The battle was great too. minimal battle log and interesting commentary made for a riveting read. Nice work! ^_^

I had completely forgotten about infernape. Seeing it pop up at the end suprised me, I thought you were going to win until I read that.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eesh he got amazing crits. You use MixGross? That's awesome, I use one too, I wuv it. Great warstory though, you must've put in a lot of effort to type it up ;)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Excellent warstory. I like how I have my name mentioned up there. The CHs were a bit of a downfactor but otherwise it's great

I enjoy warstories from you.
It's comments like these, that make me keep writing.

@ Kira
We each got 3 crits, the timing of mine were just a little worse. Just goes to show that Shoddy is just as Haxxy as WiFi sometimes.

@ Blue Harvest
Thanks, I just got to read your PBR Warstories recently. The real game, in my opinion is such a step-up from Shoddy.

@ Jolt99
Thanks!

@ Metal Force
If you have a youtube account, make sure to comment on the vid. TehWestStatMtl wants some feedback too.

@ Jimbo422
Thanks! It took the good half of a sunday morning, but it was worth it.

@ Jibaku
I know Lee rated my Thread, but as the only other commenting badge-holder/mod, did you rate it 4? Thanks for the compliment and thanks for the rating.

Thanks for the great warstory. The format was simple, but very easy to understand and it communicated the most important information. The battle was also well played out, although the crits definitely swung the battle too much for my liking; you can't do anything about that though.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I liked that quite a bit. I watched the video and I actually enjoyed watching it. I don't usually read warstories, but this one is a great one if anyone needs a warstory to read. I actually liked the CHs to be honest, they make me go "OHHHHHH!", and I like doing that. It's just something I like doing.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
very nice job, i liked how you explained your thought process before each move.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@ Jibaku
I know Lee rated my Thread, but as the only other commenting badge-holder/mod, did you rate it 4? Thanks for the compliment and thanks for the rating.
I fived it. Warstories like this doesn't come around very common. And plus, my name is in it :D

That was a great warstory, I agree with loki on how you explained your thought process before moves. Honestly, I thought you had that in the bag as soon as your gyarados set up, but that wouldn't have made nearly as good of a warstory. What's most impressive is how you always seemed to have a backup plan, most people throw in the towel when their sweeper gets haxxed to death.

Wow, this is by far one of the best warstories I have read. Great job!

A few minor grammatical errors that I saw:
Stealth Rocks and that critical hit, dented his Cresselia pretty hard. I make a fairly risky move, anticipating that this Cress is EV'd in it's Def stat, I switch to Raikou, hoping for either a recovery move or a Reflect. However, if it's packing Thunder-Wave I might've just crippled one of my key sweepers.
Take the comma out in the first sentence and change "it's" to "its."

Adding insult to injury, my Gyarados dances over Starmie's fallen body. Faster and stronger, with one of it's primary counters gone, Gyarados looks set to sweep. Now, from what I've seen, he's got a Breloom, a CM Cresselia and what is likely a ScarfChomp. To my knowledge, a CM Cress wouldn't be carrying Charge Beam or HP Elec and Breloom's unholy spore has already been used and sleep clause is in effect. Now if it is, indeed a ScarfChomp, it's a still a threat to my Gyarados so it's not exactly game... yet.
Take the bolded comma and "a" out of the last sentence and change "it's" to "its."

It seems I was partly right. It is a physically oriented Cresselia, however, it has Calm Mind to boost it's Special stats. Obviously he won't let me set up a substitute, so I Calm Mind predicting an attacking move, probably an Ice Beam or a Psychic. I just hope he doesn't have a Dugtrio waiting in the wings...
Insert a comma in the first sentence and change "it's" to "its."

He's obviously going to switch out his Garchomp, as it's Stone Edge can barely scratch Metagross' metallic hide. Breloom is the obvious choice as a free turn to set up a substitute is very tempting. I act accordingly, predicting the switch and go to my Lucario.
Change "it's" to "its."

Well, that didn't go so well... Giving Bronzong a free turn to setup is never good, but I'll try to make the best of it. Anticipating either Stealth Rock or Earthquake I switch to Gyarados, my last "free" switch if Rocks are put up and a real free switch if it's tries to quake me.
Change "it's" to "it."

Everyone pokemon served a purpose
This doesn't really make sense. Either change "Everyone" to "Everyone's" or "Every."

Crap. I let that Mushroom get in a free subsitutem. My usual plan, when dealing with Breloom, is to intimide-pass from Gyarados to Gliscor, though it's fairly obvious that won't be happening this time. My Metagross (and most others) are slower than Breloom and lacking Bullet Punch, so I know he'll be able to keep that substitute up as he spores me.
Insert a comma in the first sentence and so in the last sentence.

EDIT: I'll point out more later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)